Music By Design Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Adrianna

Adrianna Muñoz · Married on 08/23/2019

Dance Floor was on Fire

My husband and I were able to put in specific music requests and write out a timeline; we had access to this website for several months. The week before the wedding we spoke with our DJ, Jim, who was amazing and communicated clearly. People were dancing the entire night- no lulls at all. He read the room and kept everyone happy. Plus, he didn't mispronounce anyone's name. Highly recommend if you want professional service and to have a great night.

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/20/2019

Best wedding DJ ever!

We're so happy we chose Music By Design for our wedding!! We had Carl as our DJ and he was phenomenal - he was SO nice and on top of everything. We had a lot of custom songs and last minute requests and he played every single one without a problem. Communication was also great, all our emails were answered the same day which we really appreciated. I would highly, HIGHLY recommend this company and Carl!!

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 06/29/2019

Customizable Experience

Fantastic service! Music by Design’s planning tool helped me create the perfect playlist for our special day. I had some obscure songs that I wanted on the playlist and DJ Andrew was able to find the correct versions. He called three days before the wedding to run through the entire night and handled everything flawlessly. The most important note is that Music by Design was always quick to respond to any questions I had. I would use their services again!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/15/2019

So impressed!

My husband and I were deciding between Music By Design and one other DJ/Entertainment Company. We actually chose Music By Design only because the prices were a bit cheaper than the other company. We had our webinar and all of our questions were answered. We were really skeptical because we weren't going to have any contact with our DJ until the week before the wedding and we had a lot of stuff to go over with him. We filled out all the online forms which were super easy and convenient to use, and anytime I had any questions, I was able to call the office and they were very helpful. Our wedding was a half American half Bulgarian wedding, so we had some non-traditional requests and needs that needed to be met so my husband was getting very worried closer to the wedding since we hadn't spoken with the DJ. Then, Jim gave us a call. Seriously he was so nice and accommodating that after talking to him about everything my husband was so excited to meet him. He went over every detail from our timeline to our bridal party's names and specific songs that we wanted played and when. He was also familiar with incorporating different culture's music into an evening with more traditional wedding songs which was a big plus. During the wedding he kept in constant contact with us and anyone that was involved with speeches or events. Everything ran so smoothly because of him and we are so impressed. Time ran a little longer at one point because we were trying to talk to all of our guests at each table and he was very patient. He is very professional and talented and his love for music and what he does is really apparent.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie T · Married on 06/14/2019

Definitely recommend

Jim was awesome. I couldn’t have been more pleased with him, the process, and how everything went seamlessly.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Erica Roach · Married on 06/07/2019

Made our day fun & enjoyable!

Jim was absolutely great! We had such a blast from the start with him. He understood the music that we wanted to play and accommodated perfectly! He was always smiling and laughing, which was contagious! We had such a fun time thanks to Jim, and our guests had a blast too! Had multiple guests ask for name of our dj company after because he had people dancing all night!!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Melissa · Married on 05/18/2019

Great Value DJ

Dillon (or Dylan?- sorry we never caught the spelling!!) was SO great for our wedding. He constantly communicated with us, when someone made a ridiculous request, he put it through either me or my husband. He made great recommendations about our timeline and was incredibly professional.
    We LOVE the totally online system that Music by Design has. Would 100% recommend this company for Chicagoland weddings!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Janet

Janet · Married on 05/04/2019

True professionals! No worries and lots of dancing when you book Music by Design!

Music By Design did an incredible job at my wedding. Good coordination and good music are really key to a successful event, in my opinion, and our DJ, David, made sure we had both. He made sure everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves, he was professional and amiable, and, overall, he did a wonderful job.

Before booking Music by Design, I had a lot of worries about the music at my wedding; after having a call with David, everything was easy; David was reliable throughout every stage of planning.

Big thanks to David also for helping my dad and I put together snippets of a few songs so that we could have a choreographed dance that was a BLAST and big thanks also for working with my cousin to set her up as a singer following cocktail hour. Both of those pieces of our day were so special to us.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Ryan Kelly · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing DJs made simple!

Very professional, no gimmicks, just great music! Andrew kept us right on schedule and had our guests on the dance floor all night long! He arrived right on time and handled everything wonderfully. The process leading up the wedding was also very simple. The online system takes care of asking all of the big questions so when the day came it was a breeze.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Kayla · Married on 03/23/2019

Kept us dancing all night long

They were nice and friendly! Our DJ was Andrew and he kept everyone dance on the dance floor all night long! My family has a silly dance that they do to one song and of course he play it!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • OnCloudNilson

Tracy · Married on 02/15/2019

Totally Rockin'

We had Jim as our DJ from MBD. He was great. Very energetic and responsive to our requests. I would definitely recommend this company. The ability to use an online platform for planning and requesting was EXACTLY what we were looking for!

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • Sienna

Sienna · Married on 12/29/2018

The best dance party!

Our DJ Carl provided the perfect atmosphere for each part of our night. He was proactive about talking with all the important people of the evening to make sure everyone knew what to do! He made sure everyone had a great time!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Shannon Obenauf · Married on 12/22/2018

Amazing music & DJ

Music by design was awesome to work with! They played the perfect music for our wedding. Jim our DJ also did our ceremony and did a fantastic job! We had the best day ever!!!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Elyse · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Music All Night!

We did our DJ and PhotoBooth both by design! Let me tell you they both were amazing! Jim was our DJ and he was fantastic! We gave him free range of our music. All we said was we want everyone to be on the dance floor all night and he delivered. We received nothing but compliments from everyone at the wedding about our music. Will recommend to everyone!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Emily · Married on 11/09/2018

Perfect dj

Andrew was FANTASTIC and put our minds at ease about every worry you might have about the timeline of your day. You can't go wrong with this company!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome Music!!

I was nervous when it was time to hire a DJ because I really feel like the music can make or break a reception and how great of a time guests are having. After having a consultation with Music By Design, I knew they were the company for me. They make it a point to not be cheesy or cliche, and they have an awesome online portal where you can pick your music, see suggested playlists, and so much more. Our DJ Pete was so awesome and everyone loved him :) He was great at reading through my song requests to get a feel for what kind of music we like, and he was able to read the crowd well to keep them on the dance floor all night! He was so nice and gave the wedding the right feel. I'm so glad we went with Music By Design, it was definitely the right choice!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Music By Design's reply:

Hello Elizabeth & Nick,
    We are so happy you had a great night. Thank you for the feedback about DJ Peter!

Gaity · Married on 10/13/2018

Exceptional DJ. THE BEST!

Hands down the best music and professionalism I could have asked for. I had Carl as our DJ for our wedding and he came incredibly prepared. Our conversation on the phone regarding timeline and song choices was wonderful. Only Music by Design allows you to select songs online through an interactive program. I was beyond impressed. I had met with 5 DJ's before choosing Music by Design and I am so lucky that I did. Price is incredibly reasonable and Carl had set up for the perfect ambiance for our special day. BIG, HUGE thank you!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Company!!!

Music By Design was a dream to work with. They were extremely accommodating with all our name in lights design requests (and there were probably a million). The DJ did an amazing job even when he was thrown a few curve balls from the hall when setting up. My bridal party and I joke that we wish we had a complete playlist from the night to play for the future.

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Brie

Brie · Married on 09/28/2018

The first thing that sold us on this dj was the online planning tools. It was so easy to create our playlists and find music this way.

Our wedding was on 9/28/18 with Pete. He was so friendly and professional. He kept our dance floor packed all night! We got so many compliments from guests about the dj, everyone loved him.

So many other places wanted to charge us their normal rate plus an additional cost for the ceremony. But music by design was only one flat fee. They also accepted payment through their online portal or chase quick pay, so paying them was extremely convenient.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Kaylee Brummett · Married on 09/23/2018

We Loved Music by Design

We had a great DJ, Dillion! And the music was awesome!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Allison · Married on 09/22/2018

My wedding was on 9/22/18. We had Jim as our DJ from music by design. He was amazing. I keep on getting that this was the best wedding from my friends and family. At times everyone was on the dance floor, and that was amazing. Jim listened to us about the music that we wanted and took that and made it even better. I totally recommend Jim for your wedding or event!!!!! Also, we had the photo booth from them, and the photo booth person brought all of the props and everyone had a blast. At the end of the night, we had a photo book of everyone's pictures and messages!! Plus we get all of the electronic versions too!!!! I just can't thank Jim and music by design enough!!!!!!! They made my wedding perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

Jim was the DJ for our wedding on April 28, 2018. He went above and beyond to make sure we had such a fun time at our event, the music selection was phenomenal, his interaction with all of the guests was great! You could tell he really enjoys what he does for a living, and it shows in his work! The week of the wedding he calls to do a run through of the wedding day, he was so easy to talk to, answered all of my questions, and made me feel at ease! I would highly recommend Music By Design for any and all services, and request Jim for your DJ, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Sara · Married on 08/25/2018

We were very happy with our choice to use Music by Design. They have a great system where you can upload all of the songs you want to play - whether it be for the ceremony, cake cutting, or for the dance floor. We met our DJ, Dave, via conference call and were unsure how it would turn out. Dave was absolutely amazing! He did a great job of keeping everyone on schedule, announced the speeches and events well (without being too in-your-face), and he played so many of the songs we requested. He used his expertise to play fast/slow songs at the right times to get everyone on the dance floor. We had multiple people comment on how great the DJ was at our wedding. Definitely recommend using Dave for your event!!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Alyssa · Married on 08/18/2018

Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. I felt very comfortable and they have great customer service.

We had Dave for our wedding on 8.18.18 and he was great! He was very professional and got everyone where they needed to be when they needed to be there. He did awesome with introductions and playing music! He always came and found me and my husband and asked us is everything is okay and sounding good and also came and found me to ask about the toss bouquet since I originally wasn’t going to do it. We received so many compliments! Such a great price, too! Highly recommend booking Music by Design! Thanks Dave!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Charlie · Married on 08/18/2018

We had Jim as our DJ and he did a great job. We first chose him because we got to meet him right from the start and we could tell that he is genuinely a good guy. He was a true professional. Heading up to the wedding he was willing to meet up with me to go over everything on a couple of occasions. Not only that, but I also had an elaborate groomsmen dance for my now wife. He became familiar with the script and executed everything on queue. As for all the music in general, all of our guests had a great time. They sang along to all of the music during dinner and danced the night away till the end. Jim I owe you for helping us with a successful wedding. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/12/2018