Music By Design Reviews

460 | Saint Charles, IL

460 Reviews for Music By Design

John Pavlos · Getting married on 06/08/2022

Great Experience

Easy to work with, thorough, and wonderful experience onsite.

Sent on 09/02/2020

Ashley · Married on 02/29/2020

Dillon was amazing!

Our dance floor was full the entire night! When you hire Music by Design you do your planning online up to a month before your wedding day on an online database. Then a week or two before your wedding you are assigned a DJ. This originally made us nervous but turned out great the day of. We were able to make last minute changes to our music and requests through the company and they let Dillon know. He provided the music for the ceremony and reception. I would 100% recommend Music by Design to anyone for an event.

Sent on 06/09/2020
  • Tory

Tory Loebig · Married on 10/12/2019

Perfect from Ceremony through Reception!

We initially considered Music by Design because we were at another wedding they DJ'ed and the dance floor was full the entire night. In our own experience, working with Music by Design was seamless from the initial conference call to get to know their services through the wedding day. Their online system of building the "playlists" for the ceremony and key reception songs was very easy and made the day of so simple. We were assigned DJ Charlie for our wedding in October 2019. He called us a couple of days before to learn more about the vision we had for the wedding, verify pronunciations, etc. On the day of, the music was perfect for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He clearly is a wedding expert and worked well with our vendors to make sure the night stayed on track. Plus, most importantly - he somehow played all music that I love and kept people on the dance floor and entertained all night!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • liz

liz · Married on 09/07/2019

Dylan was great and very professional

We had Dylan for our wedding Dj, he was very professional and kept people entertained! We gave him the freedom to feel out the dance floor with what music he would play and did a great job!

The planning process with Music by Design was so perfect! They give you a great program to fill out all important information and give you the chance to fill out what music you like love and dislike. It is very informative and helps the Dj get to know you and your music taste before the big day!

Highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Adrianna

Adrianna Muñoz · Married on 08/23/2019

Dance Floor was on Fire

My husband and I were able to put in specific music requests and write out a timeline; we had access to this website for several months. The week before the wedding we spoke with our DJ, Jim, who was amazing and communicated clearly. People were dancing the entire night- no lulls at all. He read the room and kept everyone happy. Plus, he didn't mispronounce anyone's name. Highly recommend if you want professional service and to have a great night.

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 08/21/2019

Jim kept our guests dancing the night away!

Jim was prompt, friendly, & fun! He was very well prepared for our in-person meeting and day-of!! For our entire event he did an awesome job and kept the party going!!! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our special day! Thank you, Jim!!!

We felt that the price paid was affordable. We also felt that our first meeting with the company was great! Could tell that our time was valued and that they weren't trying to hard sell us. We appreciated that very much considering another company had no regard for our time and tried to hard sell. Having a Wedding is a huge expense and so much time and money goes into it and I felt like Music By Design really understands this concept! Keep doing what you are doing!!!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Willy

Willy Chotzen-Freund · Married on 08/10/2019

Terrific! Carl was great!

We hired Music by Design to DJ our August 2019 wedding, and we would highly recommend them to other couples. They were organized and easy to work with, their online planning platform is very fun and easy to use, and Carl (our DJ) was fantastic! He was friendly, professional, and super easy and fun to work with, and the dance floor was full all night. Several guests commented later at what a great DJ we had! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/20/2019

Best wedding DJ ever!

We're so happy we chose Music By Design for our wedding!! We had Carl as our DJ and he was phenomenal - he was SO nice and on top of everything. We had a lot of custom songs and last minute requests and he played every single one without a problem. Communication was also great, all our emails were answered the same day which we really appreciated. I would highly, HIGHLY recommend this company and Carl!!

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 06/29/2019

Customizable Experience

Fantastic service! Music by Design’s planning tool helped me create the perfect playlist for our special day. I had some obscure songs that I wanted on the playlist and DJ Andrew was able to find the correct versions. He called three days before the wedding to run through the entire night and handled everything flawlessly. The most important note is that Music by Design was always quick to respond to any questions I had. I would use their services again!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/15/2019

So impressed!

My husband and I were deciding between Music By Design and one other DJ/Entertainment Company. We actually chose Music By Design only because the prices were a bit cheaper than the other company. We had our webinar and all of our questions were answered. We were really skeptical because we weren't going to have any contact with our DJ until the week before the wedding and we had a lot of stuff to go over with him. We filled out all the online forms which were super easy and convenient to use, and anytime I had any questions, I was able to call the office and they were very helpful. Our wedding was a half American half Bulgarian wedding, so we had some non-traditional requests and needs that needed to be met so my husband was getting very worried closer to the wedding since we hadn't spoken with the DJ. Then, Jim gave us a call. Seriously he was so nice and accommodating that after talking to him about everything my husband was so excited to meet him. He went over every detail from our timeline to our bridal party's names and specific songs that we wanted played and when. He was also familiar with incorporating different culture's music into an evening with more traditional wedding songs which was a big plus. During the wedding he kept in constant contact with us and anyone that was involved with speeches or events. Everything ran so smoothly because of him and we are so impressed. Time ran a little longer at one point because we were trying to talk to all of our guests at each table and he was very patient. He is very professional and talented and his love for music and what he does is really apparent.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie T · Married on 06/14/2019

Definitely recommend

Jim was awesome. I couldn’t have been more pleased with him, the process, and how everything went seamlessly.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Erica

Erica Roach · Married on 06/07/2019

Made our day fun & enjoyable!

Jim was absolutely great! We had such a blast from the start with him. He understood the music that we wanted to play and accommodated perfectly! He was always smiling and laughing, which was contagious! We had such a fun time thanks to Jim, and our guests had a blast too! Had multiple guests ask for name of our dj company after because he had people dancing all night!!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Melissa · Married on 05/18/2019

Great Value DJ

Dillon (or Dylan?- sorry we never caught the spelling!!) was SO great for our wedding. He constantly communicated with us, when someone made a ridiculous request, he put it through either me or my husband. He made great recommendations about our timeline and was incredibly professional.
    We LOVE the totally online system that Music by Design has. Would 100% recommend this company for Chicagoland weddings!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Janet

Janet · Married on 05/04/2019

True professionals! No worries and lots of dancing when you book Music by Design!

Music By Design did an incredible job at my wedding. Good coordination and good music are really key to a successful event, in my opinion, and our DJ, David, made sure we had both. He made sure everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves, he was professional and amiable, and, overall, he did a wonderful job.

Before booking Music by Design, I had a lot of worries about the music at my wedding; after having a call with David, everything was easy; David was reliable throughout every stage of planning.

Big thanks to David also for helping my dad and I put together snippets of a few songs so that we could have a choreographed dance that was a BLAST and big thanks also for working with my cousin to set her up as a singer following cocktail hour. Both of those pieces of our day were so special to us.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Ryan Kelly · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing DJs made simple!

Very professional, no gimmicks, just great music! Andrew kept us right on schedule and had our guests on the dance floor all night long! He arrived right on time and handled everything wonderfully. The process leading up the wedding was also very simple. The online system takes care of asking all of the big questions so when the day came it was a breeze.

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Molly

Molly Mccann · Married on 04/10/2019

awesome party!

Dylan was our DJ from Music By Design and he did an amazing job! He was very professional and was able to make a lot of last minute changes to our day of schedule as things came up for us that evening. The dance floor was packed all night and guests raved about the music and fun they had! We would highly recommend them to anyone for an event!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Kayla · Married on 03/23/2019

Kept us dancing all night long

They were nice and friendly! Our DJ was Andrew and he kept everyone dance on the dance floor all night long! My family has a silly dance that they do to one song and of course he play it!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • OnCloudNilson

Tracy · Married on 02/15/2019

Totally Rockin'

We had Jim as our DJ from MBD. He was great. Very energetic and responsive to our requests. I would definitely recommend this company. The ability to use an online platform for planning and requesting was EXACTLY what we were looking for!

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • Sienna

Sienna · Married on 12/29/2018

The best dance party!

Our DJ Carl provided the perfect atmosphere for each part of our night. He was proactive about talking with all the important people of the evening to make sure everyone knew what to do! He made sure everyone had a great time!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Shannon Obenauf · Married on 12/22/2018

Amazing music & DJ

Music by design was awesome to work with! They played the perfect music for our wedding. Jim our DJ also did our ceremony and did a fantastic job! We had the best day ever!!!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Elyse · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Music All Night!

We did our DJ and PhotoBooth both by design! Let me tell you they both were amazing! Jim was our DJ and he was fantastic! We gave him free range of our music. All we said was we want everyone to be on the dance floor all night and he delivered. We received nothing but compliments from everyone at the wedding about our music. Will recommend to everyone!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Emily · Married on 11/09/2018

Perfect dj

Andrew was FANTASTIC and put our minds at ease about every worry you might have about the timeline of your day. You can't go wrong with this company!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome Music!!

I was nervous when it was time to hire a DJ because I really feel like the music can make or break a reception and how great of a time guests are having. After having a consultation with Music By Design, I knew they were the company for me. They make it a point to not be cheesy or cliche, and they have an awesome online portal where you can pick your music, see suggested playlists, and so much more. Our DJ Pete was so awesome and everyone loved him :) He was great at reading through my song requests to get a feel for what kind of music we like, and he was able to read the crowd well to keep them on the dance floor all night! He was so nice and gave the wedding the right feel. I'm so glad we went with Music By Design, it was definitely the right choice!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Music By Design's reply:

Hello Elizabeth & Nick,
    We are so happy you had a great night. Thank you for the feedback about DJ Peter!

Gaity · Married on 10/13/2018

Exceptional DJ. THE BEST!

Hands down the best music and professionalism I could have asked for. I had Carl as our DJ for our wedding and he came incredibly prepared. Our conversation on the phone regarding timeline and song choices was wonderful. Only Music by Design allows you to select songs online through an interactive program. I was beyond impressed. I had met with 5 DJ's before choosing Music by Design and I am so lucky that I did. Price is incredibly reasonable and Carl had set up for the perfect ambiance for our special day. BIG, HUGE thank you!

Sent on 12/17/2018