Music By Design Reviews

430 Music By Design Reviews
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome Music!!

I was nervous when it was time to hire a DJ because I really feel like the music can make or break a reception and how great of a time guests are having. After having a consultation with Music By Design, I knew they were the company for me. They make it a point to not be cheesy or cliche, and they have an awesome online portal where you can pick your music, see suggested playlists, and so much more. Our DJ Pete was so awesome and everyone loved him :) He was great at reading through my song requests to get a feel for what kind of music we like, and he was able to read the crowd well to keep them on the dance floor all night! He was so nice and gave the wedding the right feel. I'm so glad we went with Music By Design, it was definitely the right choice!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Music By Design's reply:

Hello Elizabeth & Nick, We are so happy you had a great night. Thank you for the feedback about DJ Peter!

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Company!!!

Music By Design was a dream to work with. They were extremely accommodating with all our name in lights design requests (and there were probably a million). The DJ did an amazing job even when he was thrown a few curve balls from the hall when setting up. My bridal party and I joke that we wish we had a complete playlist from the night to play for the future.

• Brie

Brie · Married on 09/28/2018

The first thing that sold us on this dj was the online planning tools. It was so easy to create our playlists and find music this way.

Our wedding was on 9/28/18 with Pete. He was so friendly and professional. He kept our dance floor packed all night! We got so many compliments from guests about the dj, everyone loved him.

So many other places wanted to charge us their normal rate plus an additional cost for the ceremony. But music by design was only one flat fee. They also accepted payment through their online portal or chase quick pay, so paying them was extremely convenient.

Kaylee Brummett · Married on 09/23/2018

We Loved Music by Design

We had a great DJ, Dillion! And the music was awesome!

Allison · Married on 09/22/2018

My wedding was on 9/22/18. We had Jim as our DJ from music by design. He was amazing. I keep on getting that this was the best wedding from my friends and family. At times everyone was on the dance floor, and that was amazing. Jim listened to us about the music that we wanted and took that and made it even better. I totally recommend Jim for your wedding or event!!!!! Also, we had the photo booth from them, and the photo booth person brought all of the props and everyone had a blast. At the end of the night, we had a photo book of everyone's pictures and messages!! Plus we get all of the electronic versions too!!!! I just can't thank Jim and music by design enough!!!!!!! They made my wedding perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

Jim was the DJ for our wedding on April 28, 2018. He went above and beyond to make sure we had such a fun time at our event, the music selection was phenomenal, his interaction with all of the guests was great! You could tell he really enjoys what he does for a living, and it shows in his work! The week of the wedding he calls to do a run through of the wedding day, he was so easy to talk to, answered all of my questions, and made me feel at ease! I would highly recommend Music By Design for any and all services, and request Jim for your DJ, you will not be disappointed!

Sara · Married on 08/25/2018

We were very happy with our choice to use Music by Design. They have a great system where you can upload all of the songs you want to play - whether it be for the ceremony, cake cutting, or for the dance floor. We met our DJ, Dave, via conference call and were unsure how it would turn out. Dave was absolutely amazing! He did a great job of keeping everyone on schedule, announced the speeches and events well (without being too in-your-face), and he played so many of the songs we requested. He used his expertise to play fast/slow songs at the right times to get everyone on the dance floor. We had multiple people comment on how great the DJ was at our wedding. Definitely recommend using Dave for your event!!

Alyssa · Married on 08/18/2018

Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. I felt very comfortable and they have great customer service.

We had Dave for our wedding on 8.18.18 and he was great! He was very professional and got everyone where they needed to be when they needed to be there. He did awesome with introductions and playing music! He always came and found me and my husband and asked us is everything is okay and sounding good and also came and found me to ask about the toss bouquet since I originally wasn’t going to do it. We received so many compliments! Such a great price, too! Highly recommend booking Music by Design! Thanks Dave!

Charlie · Married on 08/18/2018

We had Jim as our DJ and he did a great job. We first chose him because we got to meet him right from the start and we could tell that he is genuinely a good guy. He was a true professional. Heading up to the wedding he was willing to meet up with me to go over everything on a couple of occasions. Not only that, but I also had an elaborate groomsmen dance for my now wife. He became familiar with the script and executed everything on queue. As for all the music in general, all of our guests had a great time. They sang along to all of the music during dinner and danced the night away till the end. Jim I owe you for helping us with a successful wedding. Highly recommended.

• User955440 · Recently married

My dj was David. He was friendly and knew exactly what I wanted. Music By Design is a very unique vendor because they really cater to your needs and offer a range of services that fit the needs of any event, not just weddings. David and I worked very closely on my ceremony and reception and for that reason we are very satisfied with their service.

Laura · Married on 07/28/2018

We were blown away by the high caliber of work that Music By Design brought to our wedding. Our event was held outdoors, and the sound system was crystal clear throughout the ceremony and reception. Our DJ, Jim, was professional, thoughtful, and friendly, and he was able to easily collaborate with our other vendors. He did an excellent job incorporating our (very specific) requests, guest requests, and his own song choices. We received many compliments from the guests on the music, our favorite being that the music really reflected our personalities and relationship. We would highly recommend Music By Design!

Jess · Married on 07/07/2018

I just recently got married and used Music by Design for our DJ. We had David who did a WONDERFUL job. He was quick, efficient, helped the flow of the evening, was very polite and played all the music and song selections just perfectly. The guests raved about him!

Eric · Married on 06/30/2018

My wife and I could not be happier with our decision to use MBD for our wedding. We chose them because they played my sister's wedding back in 2011 and I wanted a company I could trust. Well, they exceeded all our expectations. Andrew was fun,energetic,engaging, and professional. I have been to a lot of weddings and I can proudly say I have never seen as many people on the dance floor during the last song than at our wedding. I truly believe that is in large part to Andrew at MBD. I will continue to recommend them to everyone I can! Thanks MBD!

• Grace

Grace · Married on 06/16/2018

Our whole experience with Music by Design was outstanding. All our questions/emails were responded to quickly and the value of the services we got were outstanding. Pete was our DJ and he was phenomenal. He kept the party going even when few people were on the dance floor towards the end of the night and really kept in the vibe we were trying to go for. He included a lot of the music we requested in the online form and was able to create an environment our guests felt comfortable in to let loose on the dance floor. He did a great job working with us to keep everything organized day of and was able to help me execute a surprise for my parents during our ceremony that really meant a lot to our family. We had so many people compliment our DJ service after the wedding. Highly recommend Music by Design and Pete for helping us create the day of our dreams!

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

Dillon was great to work with. He made sure that he knew exactly how we wanted our wedding reception to feel and made it happen. We got so many compliments on the music and people were on the dance floor all night!

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2018

We worked with David for our wedding and he was amazing! He was so fun and gave us the wedding we had envisioned! Everything went smoothly for us and he was so good with communication. Thank you MusicByDesign and David for the amazing night! Our friends and family had such a blast!

Veronica · Married on 05/19/2018

I used Music By Design for my wedding. All correspondences with them were professional, pleasant and easy. Their portal offered exactly what I was looking for in a DJ, the ability to choose not only what songs I wanted, but most importantly the songs I absolutely did not want played.

Our DJ was Carl. He was great, he was able to figure out what we wanted for our wedding and then choose other music that went along with the same theme. Many of our guests told us how much they loved the music.

Madeline · Married on 05/04/2018

Highly recommend!! I don't think we could have asked for a better DJ than Jim. He was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning and made sure that every detail was covered. He played everything that we requested and plenty of songs that we didn't even think of to get everyone dancing. Thank you Jim!!!

Rebecca · Married on 04/21/2018

Our DJ, Carl was fantastic! He kept the party moving along all night and played a great variety of music that pleased everyone from the teenagers to the older folks. Working with MBD and Carl was the easiest part of our wedding planning, and the decision we were most pleased with. Don’t hesitate to book!

Calloway · Married on 04/14/2018

We chose Music by Design to DJ our wedding (both ceremony and reception) and they did an excellent job. Jim was our DJ and he was fantastic. He kept the dance floor packed, even with having a variety of requested music types and songs. The company was easy to work with, and their customer service was great when I had to call a couple of times to ask them questions. The software they have for requesting songs to play/not play was easy to use. Jim was flexible the day of, adjusting the timing of things as needed and rolling with it when we needed to switch around the order of the parent dances at the last second. If you're in the market for a DJ, their services are great!

Janine · Married on 04/07/2018

When we first met with our DJ, Dillon, one of the ways he tried to pitch Music by Design's services was to bring up a statistic about how many people believe that the music at a reception is the most important/memorable part. When we first heard this we thought it was just another hyperbolic statement by a vendor trying to get our business. Wow, were we wrong.

We received several comments at the end of the reception and in the weeks following that all praised how great the music was as well as Dillon's ability to read the dance floor and switch songs if necessary to keep the energy up the whole night. A couple of guests even told us that this was the best DJ'd wedding they had ever been to (not insignificant as these guests were both over 50).

What's most amazing is how precisely Dillon was able to meet our vision of how the playlist would go even though the directions we gave could be generously described as "vague." Dillon made sure to include our must-plays, played timeless party classics early in the night, and switched to more modern tracks later as older guests got tired or left. This way the dance floor was packed the whole night. Dillon even had a great suggestion in a follow up phone call to play rat pack style music during dinner. We would have never thought of that and it added a wonderful ambiance during the meal.

The only downside to the whole experience with Music by Design was working with their song request software prior to the wedding. Selecting songs that either must or could be played was not as user friendly as one would hope. However, this was the only wrinkle in an otherwise outstanding experience with Music by Design and Dillon.

I would absolutely recommend working with Music by Design and would make sure to ask if Dillon is available on your date.

Stephanie · Married on 04/07/2018

We had the best experience with Music by Design! Unlike some other wedding vendors, there were no gimicks or surprises with them. Everything was extremely straightforward from the first meeting through our wedding day. We only ever paid the agreed upon price and there was never anything "additional" the popped up after the fact.

Their online planning site was super easy to use and we were so thrilled to have that customization and control over our music.

Andrew was our DJ and he was awesome! He called us the week of our wedding and went over any questions he (or we) had and also verified the pronunciation of our name. We had a funny experience the day of our wedding where different people were coming up to him "correcting" the pronunciation of our last name and he handled it so graciously! We were so luck to have him as our "guy" that day and will recommend Music by Design to anyone we know that is getting married!

Erika · Married on 03/31/2018

I'm so happy we booked Music by Design. Jim was our DJ when we got married in March and he was great! You can tell he enjoys what he does -- and he did a great job! The dance floor was full the entire night. He even called to tell me after the event that we had left a gift behind. He was so nice and easygoing. I'll recommend him to anyone!

Laura · Married on 12/09/2017

I can't say enough nice things. Everything was easy and the portals were user friendly and easy to us. The DJ listened to me about not wanting a pushy or over enthusiastic. He was directive and fun but never over the top. They stuck to my playlist other than requests and faded a song and brought in a new one if the crowd didn't respond to the music. They were great and even helped navigate the other vendors such as photographer and venue people.