Museum of Fine Arts Reviews

65 Reviews for Museum of Fine Arts

65 Museum of Fine Arts Reviews

Rene Mckenna · Married on 10/27/2018

Museum of Fine Arts and Olympia Catering St Pete, FL

I want to thank you and your team at Olympia Catering for making my son's wedding on October 27, 2018 special. Everything was exactly how they had planned and they appreciated you tending to their needs during the event, thank you! All of your recommendations for vendors were right on point too! Food was delicious, the bar was flowing and the DJ dropped just the right music. Centerpieces looked fabulous. And the museum, what can I say, it was perfect setting for this beautiful couple. Nancy you and your team took care of everything, right down to breaking down the event and loading everything in our cars allowing us to spend extra special time with our out of town guests! St Pete and the Museum of Fin Arts is the perfect place for a wedding!!!

Laura · Married on 03/03/2018

This place is dream. I remember from the very first time I saw a wedding party outside of the museum taking photos about 4 years ago, I knew I wanted to have my wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts. Flash forward to two weeks ago and here I am, marrying my best friend at the most beautiful venue in town. Such an incredible place, fantastic location, great hotels and restaurants nearby for guests, and the staff was freaking FANTASTIC! Especially Nancy and Tina. Nancy was like a speed bullet when it came to answering my (many, many) emails and questions. Yes, it may lean more on the pricey side, but it is WORTH IT. I wish the event could have lasted forever. Thanks for everything Nancy an everyone at the MFA.

Courtney · Married on 01/27/2018

I don't even know where to begin with our wonderful experience with Nancy, Olympia Catering and the MFA for our Wedding on 1/27/18. We had the most perfect wedding day and we definitely have the above to thank!

From our initial meeting with at the MFA we fell in love with the venue and knew we were in great hands with Nancy. We ended up booking the Membership Garden for our ceremony and the Conservatory for the reception. It was great having both spaces for the evening. As other reviews said you are required to use both Olympia Catering & Lundy's for bar and alcohol service but we were very pleased with both vendors. After looking at venue's outside the MFA with 15+ approved vendors for food, I thought it was very refreshing you used the in house teams. Olympia's food was amazing - people are still talking about how good the food was! We hired Nancy to be our Day of Coordinator - one of the best decisions we made! Nancy went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and the amount of knowledge she has from the industry is amazing. She recommended several vendors for other things (DJ, photography, florals, etc) and we ended up booking several of her recommendations and they did not disappoint! I would definitely encourage anyone who books the MFA to hire Nancy as your DOC!

We felt everything surpassed our expectations through the wedding planning process and during our wedding day. We are so sad our wedding is over but so grateful for the team who made everything come together and the memories we have! Words can't express how perfect we feel our wedding day was and I am so grateful for the MFA team and Nancy to make our wedding inspiration and dreams a reality!

Andrea · Married on 11/04/2017

I couldn’t have been happier anywhere else than here! Nancy Cotto you are absolutely beyond amazing and wonderful! Your caring heart and positive energy was so very uplifting! When our wedding had to get rescheduled bc of Hurricane Irma, Nancy and JP were so understanding and helpful. Thank you Nancy for all your responsive emails and reaching out to me! Nancy you are the BEST and we appreciate everything you did for us!! You truly are amazing and special! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone! Thank you again NANCY from the bottom of our hearts!! And thank you JP! They are the best!! Our day was perfect!!

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

There not enough words to say THANK YOU to Nancy and her team. Not only did she recommend incredible vendors but she helped me organize the most beautiful wedding! From the moment I sat down with Nancy her mission was to make sure the day was exactly what I wanted it to be. I asked her to be my day of planner and everything went off without any issues. Nancy even agreed to set a table for my mom and aunt at the museum so that they could make sure they liked the linens and silverware(crazy I know). The food was spectacular. I have had so many guests tell me that Olympia served the BEST food they have had at any wedding they attended. The entire day, I did not worry about a thing. If I had to do it again I would choose the museum 10x over. Thank you Nancy for all of your hard work!!

Museum of Fine Arts 1
    Museum of Fine Arts 8
    Museum of Fine Arts 9
    Museum of Fine Arts 10

M · Married on 04/08/2017

We were fortunate enough to secure one of the last wedding dates available for Spring 2017 (we did this in January 2016 mind you!) and we 100% see why they are so booked up. We were completely floored and blown away by the museum and I do not even know where to start on NANCY COTTO. <<-She was basically our entire event coordinator, she is the leader of their catering and coordinating services but I hired her as my Day Of Coordinator. She was so sweet and kind from day 1 and gave us 100% realistic answers and expectations. She did everything above and beyond to always answer my millions of questions promptly, sometimes within the hour. I set up all the tables exactly how I wanted and fulfilled every single detail I asked for. One of my favorite things about her, was she was firm with my crowd with keeping them organized and on time, but she was 110% focused on us(the bride and groom). She even came out when she saw that we were still taking some photos and offered to extend cocktail hour so we could finish. She made us feel so special and unique (even though she has surely seen thousands of weddings) and I honestly could not have imagined by night without her. She made the whole process as easy as picking out colors and flavors. The Museum and Olympia Catering - The museum: could not have been more accommodating, they literally do EVERYTHING for you. They even had full security there the night of our event and kicked out some people who were trying to crash! Olympia Catering was fabulous. Debbie who made our cake did exactly what we asked and worked with us on pricing. The food was incredible, all the steaks were cooked perfectly and they even worked with us on a vegan dish. The set up and linen choices were beautiful and so easy to pick out. The bar services were well priced with excellent service from the bartenders. It wont let me write more, but I really could not be happier that we booked here. Worth every $

E · Married on 04/01/2017

We were looking for a venue in the Tampa/St. Petersburg are to hold a wedding. We were not sure what we were looking for until our appointment at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg and meeting Nancy Henry the Catering Manager. First we fell in love with the location, how could we not. Set in beautiful downtown St. Pete just a few steps from the water and surrounded by those beautiful and unique banyan trees. Nancy took us on a tour of the museum and filled us in on all of the options that we could have. She took as much time as we needed to have all of our questions answered and when we left all it took was a short discussion to decide that this would be the place. We scheduled the wedding over a year in advance which was necessary because it books up fast. We met with Nancy a few more times to go over the details and she supplied us with a list of vendors to try. We went with her recommendations and we are glad we did: Wonderland Florist, Reverend Rick Lackore Efficient, Grant Hemond & Associates DJ (Eric), Foto Box to name a few. All were beyond wonderful. At the food tasting Nancy let us sample a variety of different hors d'oeuvres and entrees, more than we expected. All of the catering is done in house by Olympia Catering and your guests get to tour the museum during the event.
    We hired Nancy as our day of coordinator and are we glad we did. All we did was drop some things off at the museum the night before and worried about nothing else but getting dressed, hair, makeup and everyone getting there on time. If you decide to have your wedding at the MFA my main piece of advice would be to hire Nancy as your day of, she is fabulous and her taking care of everything and directing everyone will take all of the pressure off your shoulders and allow you to enjoy one of the most wonderful days of your life. The wedding went off without a hitch. We continue to get compliments from everyone who attended.

Robin · Married on 10/15/2016

Hands down THE best value! Amazing venue, stunning and so different from the common scenes you see in Florida. Growing up on the beach, I wanted something a little different, and this fit the bill. We had cocktail hour in the membership garden, and our guests walked through the gallery to get outside. The staff is so attentive, and we got SO many compliments on the food!! I can't say enough good things. I wish I was a guest at my wedding instead of the bride, because I don't think I could appreciate everything, it was so beautiful. Thank you to everyone!!!

• Cristina

Cristina · Married on 07/29/2016

Our wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg was amazing! I remember, two years earlier, sitting at a cafe across the street watching a bridal party taking photos in front of the MFA, and I thought to myself how wonderful it would be to get married there, and I did! It was the first venue my husband and I toured. I fell in love with the garden area and could just imagine us standing in front of the fountain reciting our vows. My family advised to look into other places and not go with the first place I toured. I visited other venues and searched for countless hours for a venue that had the same Spanish vibe I was looking for. I could not get the MFA out of my head and booked it right away! I booked during the off-peak season, and the discount was so worth it! I had a planner to deal with all the negotiations, but Nancy was very nice and the team at Olympia were helpful. The ceremony was beautiful and picture perfect! The reception area was gorgeous! The giant windows give the perfect water view. My guests could not stop gushing about how beautiful and perfect the venue was. Thank you MFA for letting us have our special day with you!

My daughter's wedding reception was held at The Museum of Fine Arts last weekend. We choose to have stations rather than a sit down dinner. The food was exceptional! Olympia catering provided dinner for 162 family and friends. Every meal was hot, made to order and delicious! Our guests commented on how this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! Wedding cake was also provided through Olympia catering, Delicious !!! They were also very organized, friendly and well staffed. Thank you to the Museum and Olympia Catering for helping to make my daughter's wedding dreams come true! Cindy

• User6732019 · 2+ years ago

Superb Wedding! Every aspect of the wedding was spectacular thanks to Nancy Cotto and the staff at the The Museum of Fine Arts in St Petersburg. Our Sicilian family knows weddings and this venue did not disappoint. From the moment we entered the garden for the ceremony, until the last drink, the evening was magical. Thank you. A parent's greatest wish is to provide the best for her or his child. My husband and I believe our daughter's choice of your venue, allowed us to see to her dream wedding.

My fiance and I were blown away with this venue!!! This is the ideal location: right on the water, ceremony would have been in a beautiful garden setting, and the museum is transformed to an unreal setting for the reception. We met with Nancy from Olympia Catering who has years of experience in wedding planning which showed as she was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and prompt with her communication. Unfortunately my fiance and I were not able to afford this location as we are paying for our own wedding but believe me it would be worth every penny as this location is absolutely breathtaking! I am leaving this review because I really want others to know how spectacular we think this place is and what an amazing first impression we were left with after we met Nancy.

Kim · Married on 04/15/2016

Where to begin?! We knew from the beginning that we wanted our wedding venue to be the Museum of Fine Arts in Downtown St. Pete - we expected it to be good but never in a million years expected the insane level of service and love we received from MFA staff, Olympia Catering, Bar by Lundys, Everence Photography, Wonderland Floral Art, Style Hair and Makeup, Courtesy Valet and Graingertainment. We were especially lucky that we made the decision to hire Nancy Cotto, from Olympia Catering working exclusively for the museum, as our day of coordinator. She was absolutely amazing and went completely above and beyond our expectations. Nancy kept a constant open line of communication up until the day of the wedding and totally exceeded our expectations when it came to our wedding day - some items were even a special surprise that she arranged to make our day extra awesome! We couldn't be more blessed to have the most amazing vendors as a part of our day - thank you a million times over for everything!!!!

-Kim and Rob Schultz

I worked with Nancy directly and she was absolutely amazing! She was always so prompt to respond to emails and always so honest! They offer a great package deal so you don't have to worry about all the little details, the per person pricing was great, the food was awesome, and the team on the day of the wedding really made sure my husband and I were taken care of the whole night. It really is relief to know you can just have a great time at the wedding without having to worry about a thing.

We had our cocktail hour in the gardens and reception in the marley room which was so elegant and perfect for our 130 guest size wedding!

Thank you Nancy and team for making our dream a reality!

Amanda · Married on 01/02/2016

Hands down the most amazing wedding venue we could have ever dreamt up! From the first time we visited the MFA, we knew it was the right place for us. Booking a wedding at the MFA simplifies the entire planning process because of the restrictions on vendors for food and alcohol. Normally, a restriction could be seen as a negative; however, Olympia catering and Catering by Lundy's provided excellent food, beverage, and customer service throughout. Specifically, Nancy and Tina from Olympia catering provided excellent customer service, responsiveness, and care for us throughout the night and during the planning. Nancy was incredibly responsive, transparent and personable. Tina went above and beyond continuously as our banquet captain. She made sure we were well fed, we hydrated, and comfortable on our night.

We changed our ceremony to the membership garden last minute due to an obstruction by the city in the outdoor space by the Banyan trees. The membership garden provided a beautiful and intimate venue for our ceremony and many of our guests raved about the beauty of that moment. I recommend booking the entire venue to have a weather back up plan and a pivot option available if you are looking to get married in the park next door. Having that as an option was a life saver and well worth the extra cost.

Our cocktail hour took place outside on the terrace where our guests were able to enjoy a lovely evening over the water and the reception was in the main conservatory. For such a grand space our tables, guests, and lighting filled the room with love and celebration. It is a spectacular space and very deserving of any large event. Our total wedding size was 150 and we felt very comfortable in the space throughout the evening.

We also felt completely secure and cared for during the event. Jeremy, who was on lead security for the evening, provided excellent service and made us feel right at home in the venue. He and his team were responsive and very polite.

Our wedding was spectacular! Our guests are still raving about it. Nancy and Stacey went above and beyond to make our day perfect and run smoothly. The food was amazing, the staff was amazing and the ceremony and reception were perfect. Thanks again!
    Lindsay and Brian Deignan

Melanie · Married on 12/05/2015

I can honestly say that the Museum of Fine Arts exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding. From the moment we booked with MFA we were guided every step of the way. We worked directly with Nancy and she was absolutely incredible! She always was quick to respond to every email I sent to her and I can honestly say I sent her a ton of emails up until the day of my wedding. She was very honest and straightforward which I greatly appreciated. She had a lot of great input and I truly trusted her and her opinions and I can't thank her enough for everything she did for us and her help along the way. She always made us feel comfortable throughout the entire planning process and was always available. The team the day of my wedding was amazing! Tina, the banquet captain, and her entire staff made my husband and I feel so special and we felt so comfortable knowing the team working with us were going to take care of us and our guests the day of and they also exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed every moment of our wedding and never had to worry about a thing knowing we had the most amazing staff every step of the way. We had the ceremony in the Marley Room, the cocktail hour in the Membership Garden and the reception in the Main Conservatory and we were blown away with how beautiful and elegant everything was throughout the entire night. I also want to mention that Olympia Catering and Catering by Lundy’s provided excellent food, beverages and customer service as well. I recommend this venue to any one looking to plan an elegant wedding or event.

Joanna · Married on 11/06/2015

The museum was such an incredible venue to have our ceremony and reception. Everything about this venue is romantic and the perfect setting for a wedding. We had our wedding and the cocktail hour in the gardens and the reception in the ballroom and it was great to have an indoor/outdoor option. If you are looking for a great site for your wedding, the Museum of Fine Arts in St Pete is definitely a great choice!

Allison · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I were married at the Museum of Fine Arts in September 2015 and it was absolutely the most stunning, perfect venue for a wedding that we could have ever imagined! There quite simply is not a more unique, elegant, classy, and beautiful venue to have a Ceremony/Reception in the greater Tampa Bay area. We had the Ceremony in the Marley Room and reception in the Conservatory. We got to take pictures in the actual art gallery which is something you can't find anywhere else.

In addition to the venue, we had Nancy Cotto assisting us who was AWESOME. She was so easy to work with, was ultra fast to respond, and we were so happy working with her that we also hired her for Day-Of coordinating services. This turned out to be the best decision as she was outstanding and everyone raved about her!

The food is first class from Olympia, the tables and place settings were perfect, everything was perfectly on time, and every one of our guests left that night totally impressed with the MFA as a venue. Unfortunately we only get married once but if we could do it again, we'd choose the MFA in a heartbeat. It was the best night of our lives!

Jennifer · Married on 07/02/2015

What a beautiful location! We got married under the tree at the Museum of Fine Arts and it was absolutely stunning. The security made sure that the area was clean and made sure we had plenty of privacy during our wedding. I'm so thankful we got the opportunity to get married here and I highly recommend it!

kirstin · Married on 06/20/2015

Nancy is the main contact for this venue. She is the reasons I decided I NEEDED to have my wedding reception here. She was so responsive (FAST) and so truthful. Nancy wanted to make sure I got everything I wanted and even made sure I had the best vendors I could get. She made sure to give me her personal thoughts and advice, which made it so much easier to make decisions. Nancy was a thoughtful and honest person who I would love to work with again! She made this process so easy and made my fiance and I feel welcome every time we came in.

derin · Married on 06/13/2015

It has been a little over a month since we had our wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts. The Museum itself and the grounds surrounding it are absolutely beautiful. Everything felt so elegant and classic. Making the choice to hold all day of events on site worked out wonderfully. We had our ceremony in the Membership Garden, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in the Marley room, and moved into the Conservatory for our reception. My main point of contact throughout the whole planning process was Nancy Cotto. I have to say I fell in love with Nancy. She gave wonderful advice and made spot on suggestions throughout the entire process. She answered every phone call and email promptly and made me feel like a girlfriend she had known forever. I was so impressed with Nancy that I decided to hire her as my coordinator. With years of experience in the business (and at the museum) this was a no brainer. The day of the wedding Nancy and our banquet captain were amazing. My husband and I had a server with us all throughout pictures who made sure we didn’t want for anything. We were provided with beverages and snacks the entire time we took pictures. The mini-tacos, jewelry box sushi, and wasabi/cocktail shooters were delicious! Dinner was served on schedule and was just as wonderful. Everyone raved about the filet. The day of the wedding everything ran like clockwork. As a self-proclaimed control freak I can honestly say I was able to relax and leave everything in the hands of museum staff without a worry. They managed the event beautifully. If anything went wrong no one knew about it (including me!) Thanks again Nancy! You are the best!

This venue is absolutely gorgeous, but we didn't end up going with it because of our budget. I would still recommend it to others though because it is a wonderful place.

Dana · Married on 01/24/2015

Just had my wedding at the Museum this weekend and it went flawlessly. The space is beautiful to begin with and Nancy from Olympia catering worked with us to make sure everything went off without a hitch. The food was amazing and we kept hearing our guest compliment the service. So happy in our choice!

Anja · Married on 09/28/2014

Museum of Fine Arts in downtown St. Pete is one of the most gorgeous ceremony and reception venues I have ever come across. The minute we walked in to check it out for the first time, we fell in love. Its architectural features, ultra high ceilings, modern design, marble floors and picture-perfect banyan trees surrounding the property were just a few of the factors that made our wedding into absolute perfection. We couldn't be happier!