64 Reviews for Museum of Fine Arts

Specialty Wine (1)
Parking (1)
64 Museum of Fine Arts Reviews

4.7

We absolutely loved this venue! We got married in the Marly Room and the two gardens and ballroom we're gorgeous and exactly what we were looking for. The ceremony, which was in the Membership garden, was exactly like we envisioned except that there was a mechanical whirring sound that was slightly distracting. Other than that, we couldn't have wished for a better venue and service. The coordinator, Nancy, and the catering staff and security were all highly professional and friendly and a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

This place is dream. I remember from the very first time I saw a wedding party outside of the museum taking photos about 4 years ago, I knew I wanted to have my wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts. Flash forward to two weeks ago and here I am, marrying my best friend at the most beautiful venue in town. Such an incredible place, fantastic location, great hotels and restaurants nearby for guests, and the staff was freaking FANTASTIC! Especially Nancy and Tina. Nancy was like a speed bullet when it came to answering my (many, many) emails and questions. Yes, it may lean more on the pricey side, but it is WORTH IT. I wish the event could have lasted forever. Thanks for everything Nancy an everyone at the MFA.

Profile Picture Laura, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to begin with our wonderful experience with Nancy, Olympia Catering and the MFA for our Wedding on 1/27/18. We had the most perfect wedding day and we definitely have the above to thank!

From our initial meeting with at the MFA we fell in love with the venue and knew we were in great hands with Nancy. We ended up booking the Membership Garden for our ceremony and the Conservatory for the reception. It was great having both spaces for the evening. As other reviews said you are required to use both Olympia Catering & Lundy's for bar and alcohol service but we were very pleased with both vendors. After looking at venue's outside the MFA with 15+ approved vendors for food, I thought it was very refreshing you used the in house teams. Olympia's food was amazing - people are still talking about how good the food was! We hired Nancy to be our Day of Coordinator - one of the best decisions we made! Nancy went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and the amount of knowledge she has from the industry is amazing. She recommended several vendors for other things (DJ, photography, florals, etc) and we ended up booking several of her recommendations and they did not disappoint! I would definitely encourage anyone who books the MFA to hire Nancy as your DOC!

We felt everything surpassed our expectations through the wedding planning process and during our wedding day. We are so sad our wedding is over but so grateful for the team who made everything come together and the memories we have! Words can't express how perfect we feel our wedding day was and I am so grateful for the MFA team and Nancy to make our wedding inspiration and dreams a reality!

Profile Picture Courtney, 1/27/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Valet

I couldn’t have been happier anywhere else than here! Nancy Cotto you are absolutely beyond amazing and wonderful! Your caring heart and positive energy was so very uplifting! When our wedding had to get rescheduled bc of Hurricane Irma, Nancy and JP were so understanding and helpful. Thank you Nancy for all your responsive emails and reaching out to me! Nancy you are the BEST and we appreciate everything you did for us!! You truly are amazing and special! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone! Thank you again NANCY from the bottom of our hearts!! And thank you JP! They are the best!! Our day was perfect!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There not enough words to say THANK YOU to Nancy and her team. Not only did she recommend incredible vendors but she helped me organize the most beautiful wedding! From the moment I sat down with Nancy her mission was to make sure the day was exactly what I wanted it to be. I asked her to be my day of planner and everything went off without any issues. Nancy even agreed to set a table for my mom and aunt at the museum so that they could make sure they liked the linens and silverware(crazy I know). The food was spectacular. I have had so many guests tell me that Olympia served the BEST food they have had at any wedding they attended. The entire day, I did not worry about a thing. If I had to do it again I would choose the museum 10x over. Thank you Nancy for all of your hard work!!

Photos
Profile Picture Lauren, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Valet
4.2

The Museum of Fine Arts was a beautiful Venue. We had both our ceremony and reception there. We chose the membership garden for our ceremony, and the Marley Room for our sit down reception. We were also able to have a cocktail hour in the statue garden which was nice. Our wedding was approximately 100 people.

Initially, we did a have a little trouble with scheduling, but because we booked the venue so far out, it was taken care of almost immediately. Otherwise, there were no other large logistic issues of note.

All of our guests were able to have access to the permanent exhibits, but obviously were not allowed to bring drinks into the exhibits to protect the art. I would recommend a wedding planner with experience with the venue due to the fluid nature of the museum. Having someone that could assist guests the right way to promote flow of your event would be beneficial.

We were required to use Olympia catering, Lundy's bar, and Courtesy valet. All of which were excellent vendors, and we had no issue with whatsoever. All the other vendors are up to the couple. We were additionally required to purchase insurance, which was relatively easy to do as well.

All of our guests were very impressed with the museum. It's already mostly decorated, so minimal floral and lights were required. Additionally, after the wedding our guests were able to progress through the St. Petersburg night life seamlessly! We were really able to showcase the St. Petersburg nightlife, and show they why we loved the burg.

The reason for the 4 out of 5 rating was mainly related to the initial scheduling issues and the requirement of vendors. While we had no issues with these requirements, I could see how they could pose issues to other couples. This venue was absolutely beautiful, and would highly recommend!

Photo for Museum of Fine Arts Review - Our Reception in the Marley Room, taken by family member
Photo for Museum of Fine Arts Review - Our Cermony in the Membership Garden, taken by Family Member
Profile Picture Seeta, 10/22/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Event Rentals

Prices are a little steep. Spaces are limited and you can tell that they know this. However we loved the venue and wanted our wedding there.

Profile Picture User7451287, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Plated, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Clean Up, Set Up

We were fortunate enough to secure one of the last wedding dates available for Spring 2017 (we did this in January 2016 mind you!) and we 100% see why they are so booked up. We were completely floored and blown away by the museum and I do not even know where to start on NANCY COTTO.

Profile Picture Juanita, 4/8/17, 1 Review

Profile Picture M, 4/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Valet, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

We were looking for a venue in the Tampa/St. Petersburg are to hold a wedding. We were not sure what we were looking for until our appointment at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg and meeting Nancy Henry the Catering Manager. First we fell in love with the location, how could we not. Set in beautiful downtown St. Pete just a few steps from the water and surrounded by those beautiful and unique banyan trees. Nancy took us on a tour of the museum and filled us in on all of the options that we could have. She took as much time as we needed to have all of our questions answered and when we left all it took was a short discussion to decide that this would be the place. We scheduled the wedding over a year in advance which was necessary because it books up fast. We met with Nancy a few more times to go over the details and she supplied us with a list of vendors to try. We went with her recommendations and we are glad we did: Wonderland Florist, Reverend Rick Lackore Efficient, Grant Hemond & Associates DJ (Eric), Foto Box to name a few. All were beyond wonderful. At the food tasting Nancy let us sample a variety of different hors d'oeuvres and entrees, more than we expected. All of the catering is done in house by Olympia Catering and your guests get to tour the museum during the event.
We hired Nancy as our day of coordinator and are we glad we did. All we did was drop some things off at the museum the night before and worried about nothing else but getting dressed, hair, makeup and everyone getting there on time. If you decide to have your wedding at the MFA my main piece of advice would be to hire Nancy as your day of, she is fabulous and her taking care of everything and directing everyone will take all of the pressure off your shoulders and allow you to enjoy one of the most wonderful days of your life. The wedding went off without a hitch. We continue to get compliments from everyone who attended.

Profile Picture E, 4/1/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Nancy was so quick to respond to all my emails and special requests. She even advised me on which food was the best! I feel like I got more out of it than I paid for - the wedding and reception were amazing!

Profile Picture User7491501, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hands down THE best value! Amazing venue, stunning and so different from the common scenes you see in Florida. Growing up on the beach, I wanted something a little different, and this fit the bill. We had cocktail hour in the membership garden, and our guests walked through the gallery to get outside. The staff is so attentive, and we got SO many compliments on the food!! I can't say enough good things. I wish I was a guest at my wedding instead of the bride, because I don't think I could appreciate everything, it was so beautiful. Thank you to everyone!!!

Profile Picture Robin, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg was amazing! I remember, two years earlier, sitting at a cafe across the street watching a bridal party taking photos in front of the MFA, and I thought to myself how wonderful it would be to get married there, and I did! It was the first venue my husband and I toured. I fell in love with the garden area and could just imagine us standing in front of the fountain reciting our vows. My family advised to look into other places and not go with the first place I toured. I visited other venues and searched for countless hours for a venue that had the same Spanish vibe I was looking for. I could not get the MFA out of my head and booked it right away! I booked during the off-peak season, and the discount was so worth it! I had a planner to deal with all the negotiations, but Nancy was very nice and the team at Olympia were helpful. The ceremony was beautiful and picture perfect! The reception area was gorgeous! The giant windows give the perfect water view. My guests could not stop gushing about how beautiful and perfect the venue was. Thank you MFA for letting us have our special day with you!

Profile Picture Cristina, 7/29/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding reception was held at The Museum of Fine Arts last weekend. We choose to have stations rather than a sit down dinner. The food was exceptional! Olympia catering provided dinner for 162 family and friends. Every meal was hot, made to order and delicious! Our guests commented on how this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! Wedding cake was also provided through Olympia catering, Delicious !!! They were also very organized, friendly and well staffed. Thank you to the Museum and Olympia Catering for helping to make my daughter's wedding dreams come true! Cindy

Profile Picture User6867227, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Stations, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Wheelchair Access, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up
4.7

We are thrilled to be holding our reception at the MOFA St. Pete! It's the perfect mix of contemporary with the large glass walled conservatory and traditional with its fine arts displays. Nancy Cotto has been super responsive and flexible which I appreciate immensely.

Profile Picture Grace, 6/4/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Superb Wedding! Every aspect of the wedding was spectacular thanks to Nancy Cotto and the staff at the The Museum of Fine Arts in St Petersburg. Our Sicilian family knows weddings and this venue did not disappoint. From the moment we entered the garden for the ceremony, until the last drink, the evening was magical. Thank you. A parent's greatest wish is to provide the best for her or his child. My husband and I believe our daughter's choice of your venue, allowed us to see to her dream wedding.

Profile Picture User6732019, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Indoor, Wheelchair Access

My fiance and I were blown away with this venue!!! This is the ideal location: right on the water, ceremony would have been in a beautiful garden setting, and the museum is transformed to an unreal setting for the reception. We met with Nancy from Olympia Catering who has years of experience in wedding planning which showed as she was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and prompt with her communication. Unfortunately my fiance and I were not able to afford this location as we are paying for our own wedding but believe me it would be worth every penny as this location is absolutely breathtaking! I am leaving this review because I really want others to know how spectacular we think this place is and what an amazing first impression we were left with after we met Nancy.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/15/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where to begin?! We knew from the beginning that we wanted our wedding venue to be the Museum of Fine Arts in Downtown St. Pete - we expected it to be good but never in a million years expected the insane level of service and love we received from MFA staff, Olympia Catering, Bar by Lundys, Everence Photography, Wonderland Floral Art, Style Hair and Makeup, Courtesy Valet and Graingertainment. We were especially lucky that we made the decision to hire Nancy Cotto, from Olympia Catering working exclusively for the museum, as our day of coordinator. She was absolutely amazing and went completely above and beyond our expectations. Nancy kept a constant open line of communication up until the day of the wedding and totally exceeded our expectations when it came to our wedding day - some items were even a special surprise that she arranged to make our day extra awesome! We couldn't be more blessed to have the most amazing vendors as a part of our day - thank you a million times over for everything!!!!

-Kim and Rob Schultz

Profile Picture Kim, 4/15/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

I worked with Nancy directly and she was absolutely amazing! She was always so prompt to respond to emails and always so honest! They offer a great package deal so you don't have to worry about all the little details, the per person pricing was great, the food was awesome, and the team on the day of the wedding really made sure my husband and I were taken care of the whole night. It really is relief to know you can just have a great time at the wedding without having to worry about a thing.

We had our cocktail hour in the gardens and reception in the marley room which was so elegant and perfect for our 130 guest size wedding!

Thank you Nancy and team for making our dream a reality!

Profile Picture Ashley, 2/20/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
3.2

I've noticed that a lot of five-star reviewers used Nancy as a day-of coordinator. Not a problem, but I think it's valuable to have the perspective of someone who didn't.

We fell in love with MFA St. Pete the first time we visited and knew it was our venue. Everyone was very responsive and helpful as we started the process of booking the museum.

Let me start with our rehearsal: To keep this short, it was a mess. The museum double-booked the Marly Room and had another event being set up at the same time, so my bridal party was dodging cocktail tables and vendors as we practiced for the ceremony. Whatever –– we're flexible, and our day-of coordinator was a rockstar. One super annoying thing, though: As my bridal party was waiting in the museum lobby, a museum security guard BARKED at us to be quiet. I'm sorry, but we didn't pay $7,000 in just venue costs to be yelled at by a wannabe cop the day before our wedding. (For the record, we talked to the venue and our wedding day was much smoother –– mean security guard nowhere to be found.)

This is the point where it's important for me to say that I think Nancy was much more accommodating before she knew we'd booked day-of services with someone else.

The day of our wedding, we had an issue with the valet service –– they didn't show up on time. My dad had to recruit wedding guests to help park cars. My mom happened to see Nancy inside the museum and ask her who to contact and she responded by saying, "I'm not the valet girl." We get it, not your job –– but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

Enough of my complaining. I'll say this: The food was awesome, our head of security at the wedding was very courteous, and we didn't have any problems once the ceremony and reception kicked off. If you're looking for a flexible venue, this isn't it –– there are so many rules –– but it's also a working museum, so cut 'em some slack. Beautiful exhibits and we loved being right on the water.

Profile Picture Ayana, 1/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Hands down the most amazing wedding venue we could have ever dreamt up! From the first time we visited the MFA, we knew it was the right place for us. Booking a wedding at the MFA simplifies the entire planning process because of the restrictions on vendors for food and alcohol. Normally, a restriction could be seen as a negative; however, Olympia catering and Catering by Lundy's provided excellent food, beverage, and customer service throughout. Specifically, Nancy and Tina from Olympia catering provided excellent customer service, responsiveness, and care for us throughout the night and during the planning. Nancy was incredibly responsive, transparent and personable. Tina went above and beyond continuously as our banquet captain. She made sure we were well fed, we hydrated, and comfortable on our night.

We changed our ceremony to the membership garden last minute due to an obstruction by the city in the outdoor space by the Banyan trees. The membership garden provided a beautiful and intimate venue for our ceremony and many of our guests raved about the beauty of that moment. I recommend booking the entire venue to have a weather back up plan and a pivot option available if you are looking to get married in the park next door. Having that as an option was a life saver and well worth the extra cost.

Our cocktail hour took place outside on the terrace where our guests were able to enjoy a lovely evening over the water and the reception was in the main conservatory. For such a grand space our tables, guests, and lighting filled the room with love and celebration. It is a spectacular space and very deserving of any large event. Our total wedding size was 150 and we felt very comfortable in the space throughout the evening.

We also felt completely secure and cared for during the event. Jeremy, who was on lead security for the evening, provided excellent service and made us feel right at home in the venue. He and his team were responsive and very polite.

Profile Picture Amanda, 1/2/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding was spectacular! Our guests are still raving about it. Nancy and Stacey went above and beyond to make our day perfect and run smoothly. The food was amazing, the staff was amazing and the ceremony and reception were perfect. Thanks again!
Lindsay and Brian Deignan

Profile Picture User6246003, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can honestly say that the Museum of Fine Arts exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding. From the moment we booked with MFA we were guided every step of the way. We worked directly with Nancy and she was absolutely incredible! She always was quick to respond to every email I sent to her and I can honestly say I sent her a ton of emails up until the day of my wedding. She was very honest and straightforward which I greatly appreciated. She had a lot of great input and I truly trusted her and her opinions and I can't thank her enough for everything she did for us and her help along the way. She always made us feel comfortable throughout the entire planning process and was always available. The team the day of my wedding was amazing! Tina, the banquet captain, and her entire staff made my husband and I feel so special and we felt so comfortable knowing the team working with us were going to take care of us and our guests the day of and they also exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed every moment of our wedding and never had to worry about a thing knowing we had the most amazing staff every step of the way. We had the ceremony in the Marley Room, the cocktail hour in the Membership Garden and the reception in the Main Conservatory and we were blown away with how beautiful and elegant everything was throughout the entire night. I also want to mention that Olympia Catering and Catering by Lundy’s provided excellent food, beverages and customer service as well. I recommend this venue to any one looking to plan an elegant wedding or event.

Profile Picture Melanie, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The museum was such an incredible venue to have our ceremony and reception. Everything about this venue is romantic and the perfect setting for a wedding. We had our wedding and the cocktail hour in the gardens and the reception in the ballroom and it was great to have an indoor/outdoor option. If you are looking for a great site for your wedding, the Museum of Fine Arts in St Pete is definitely a great choice!

Profile Picture Joanna, 11/6/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I were married at the Museum of Fine Arts in September 2015 and it was absolutely the most stunning, perfect venue for a wedding that we could have ever imagined! There quite simply is not a more unique, elegant, classy, and beautiful venue to have a Ceremony/Reception in the greater Tampa Bay area. We had the Ceremony in the Marley Room and reception in the Conservatory. We got to take pictures in the actual art gallery which is something you can't find anywhere else.

In addition to the venue, we had Nancy Cotto assisting us who was AWESOME. She was so easy to work with, was ultra fast to respond, and we were so happy working with her that we also hired her for Day-Of coordinating services. This turned out to be the best decision as she was outstanding and everyone raved about her!

The food is first class from Olympia, the tables and place settings were perfect, everything was perfectly on time, and every one of our guests left that night totally impressed with the MFA as a venue. Unfortunately we only get married once but if we could do it again, we'd choose the MFA in a heartbeat. It was the best night of our lives!

Profile Picture Allison, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews