67 Reviews for Muir Music Dj Service

Projector (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Disco Ball (1)
67 Muir Music Dj Service Reviews

Scott is AWESOME!! He not only kept the party going, but he made sure that we stayed on track and helped keep things running smoothly. He was so flexible and worked with the other vendors and kept a full dance floor. Thank you so much Scott!!

Profile Picture Devon, 5/19/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

A DJ can make or break your wedding. Thanks to Scott Muir, the dance floor at our wedding was packed until the very last song. Scott is such a lovely person with great energy and I immediately knew upon meeting him that he was the DJ for us. He has an online portal that you use to pick your special songs such as First Dance, Grand Entrance etc which made it easy to go in and select songs as we thought of them. I was so stressed out about other things that we really didn't give Scott much guidance for music that we wanted played other than the special songs, but through our meetings with him he was able to figure out what would be perfect for us. He was also an excellent MC-he was great at getting the crowd excited and introducing our bridal party etc but he wasn't hogging the mic all night. We just loved working with Scott!

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/28/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I could not recommend Scott Muir enough! From the start, we were planning our wedding from out of town and he was always responsive by phone or email. He helped us create a whole timeline for the wedding that was amazingly helpful, because we didn’t have a coordinator and I was able to use that same timeline to get everything coordinated with the other vendors.

My now-husband and I can be very particular and picky about music, but Scott worked with our strange requests like a pro and totally nailed the old-school sound we were looking for. He also gave us great suggestions when we were stuck and starting to stress out about picking songs.

In the end everything turned out perfect! So many people commented on our music at the wedding. It was very “us” and yet also danceable. At the end of the night, the dance floor was so packed that people were dancing on the carpet (don’t tell our venue, haha). It was absolutely wonderful and I can’t say enough great things about our experience with Scott.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/24/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

I had reached out to a respected DJ who happened to be booked for my wedding weekend. He did however highly recommended Scott Muir for our wedding DJ. When we met Scott he was so professional and likable. Right away he and my dad hit it off. Scott is a veteran DJ. He understands the flow of the wedding day, atmosphere and reading the crowd for getting the party started. He goes above and beyond to ensure the day runs smoothly. He made excellent suggestions when choosing music for my guests. He totally gets the “big picture” and helps people get up and want to dance. We had a wonderful time! We highly recommend Scott for your DJ needs.
(His wife Lisa coordinates weddings and is just as professional and organized. This husband and wife team made sure the day was everything we wanted and more. We couldn't have had the day go perfectly without them)

Profile Picture Ciera, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

Scott helped our special day go from great to amazing! Extremely professional and helped the entire day go smoothly. He let us pick what music we wanted for the ceremony and gave suggestions where we were getting stumped. We got tons of compliments after the wedding on how good the music was during our reception and dancing, he knows just what to play! Guests also had a blast in the photo booth we rented through him and at the end of the night, he was right there with the photo booth book of memories to hand off to us. You can tell that he really cares about his clients having the time of their lives and he is there to help make it happen. Would definitely recommend Muir Music to anyone who is asking for the best DJ!

Profile Picture Julie, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Scott Muir is AMAZING!! We just had our daughter's wedding two weeks ago, and it was GREAT hugely because of Scott. He's professional, fun, easy to work with, and went above and beyond. We really couldn't have asked for a better experience with a DJ.
Extremely Grateful,
Carina Hilbert

Profile Picture Carina, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was amazing to work with! He did such a great job and played all the music we asked for and more! He had everyone dancing, everything ran great, and was a great MC! I highly recommend him for any wedding or event!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scott Muir is an amazing DJ! I asked him a lot of questions and he was very helpful. I was very nervous about what type of songs to play during the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and Scott helped with everything. He was very responsive to my questions and even suggested songs when I could not make up my mind about what to play during key moments. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ! You will not be disappointed :)

Profile Picture Lizzie, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scott is a great DJ. He did a wonderful job at our wedding keeping the mood just right. He was by far the most professional vendor we got to work with. He knows his stuff inside and out. You can really tell this is his passion.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/20/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have worked with Scott prior to booking him for my own wedding. He was so helpful from the beginning and throughout the process. We needed suggestions for songs and he know exactly what we were looking for. The website login is very helpful as well. Scott stayed longer for us too and kept the party going. Our guests were just as impressed.

Profile Picture Cate, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

No question, book Scott Muir! He was amazingly attentive, personable, affordable and easy-going. We met with Scott and his wife Lisa (who was our day of coordinator and equally awesome!) about 4-6 times the year leading up to our wedding. Scott knows what he is doing, he can read the crowd and pick the right music. He also knows how to keep the day moving/flowing smoothly. I have recommended Scott to 3 friends who have all booked him and love him (and Lisa!). Stop wasting time looking further and just book him! ;)

Profile Picture Summer, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was great! He was such an asset to helping our day/night run smoothly. He was always available and made an effort to see the venue and meet myself and my husband to get to know us. Very knowledgeable regarding songs / song selection. Very flexible, very professional, and a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Rosie, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was AWESOME! Being an occasional event planner myself, I wanted to make sure I had the right person hired to take care of all the details that I knew I'd want to get my hands on for my own Wedding. Scott's expertise is top notch and I never had any doubt he was the right person for the job. And since I'm a music nut with special musical requests, he was very accommodating with using some of my own personal music mixed into his vast database. With our musicians for the ceremony, Scott took the time to connect with them to make sure he provided all the equipment they would need for just the right sound, and the quality was perfect! It was also great to have all the fun lighting on the dance floor. But the cherry on top, was when Scott taught us all a fun line dance that he was so good at demonstrating. Lot's of fun was had by all!! If you want to have your gathering and not worry about the details, he's your guy!

Profile Picture Leslie, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Scott was amazing! He worked with us from the very beginning in every way. He was so accommodating. He was so responsive and eat to work with. We had no idea what we were doing in terms of planning a wedding. We just had some music we wanted. He totally organized us and set our reception timeline. This made everything go so smoothly, which it wouldn't have if we didn't have Scott. We gave him some music and he filled in the blanks perfectly. Everyone loved the music and danced all night. We couldn't have done it without Scott! Thank you so very much!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott did a phenomenal job on our March 2017 wedding. He worked with us every step of the way to make sure that we were happy with our music choices. He coordinated with the venue, planner, and caterer to make sure that the timing was right for everything and that the night went smoothly. If you want a DJ who goes above and beyond, look no further than Scott Muir!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Just do yourself a favor and book Scott. He is the absolute best choice for a DJ on the central coast. He is so much more than a DJ - we loved that he helped us coordinate our day-of timeline. He got all our guests up dancing and made everything at the reception flow smoothly. In advance of the big day, he made it easy to make sure all our favorite jams were included with his easy-to-use database of songs. Stop looking and book Scott.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used Scott Muir as the DJ for our wedding in Paso Robles and he was fantastic! I spoke to him on the phone several times before the wedding but did not meet him in person due to being a few hours away in SF. Our conversations put me at ease and I could immediately tell he was extremely professional. I really trusted his expertise so we only gave him a few specific songs plus some guidance for the ambiance we wanted, and all his picks ended up being perfect! The wedding day went super smoothly and he really helped make sure all the transitions (cocktails to introduction, dinner and first dances, etc) were seamless. Dance floor was packed and I got a ton of compliments on the music. Perfect, perfect experience and I cannot recommend Scott enough!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/1/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

My husband and I booked Scott for our Wedding in September 2016. Scott was absolutely AMAZING and if you DON'T book him for your event you will be sorry! He went way over and beyond and not only were my husband and I SUPER happy with him, so was both our parents and ALL of our guests. He kept things flowing smoothly and was extremely professional. He's easy to work with and is a great wealth of knowledge and advice when it comes to the ceremony timeline or anything for that matter! Thank you Scott for making our day that much greater!

Profile Picture Janelle, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Scott and Lisa's services for both DJ and coordinating for our Persian/American wedding over Labor Day weekend and we are SO happy we did! They are both professional and knowledgeable, easy to work with, and go out of their way to help with anything you need. Lisa and Scott are great at what they do. They tackled big and small issues during the wedding planning process as they arose and minimized our stress. Lisa is very organized, professional, and caring. She works with you to make your vision come true. Scott is very talented. He was able to create a wedding soundtrack that reflected our needs and kept our guests dancing all night, young and old! He was very easy to work with and put together a timeline for the wedding that flowed nicely. Scott and Lisa worked seamlessly with our other vendors and were there for us every step of the way. We are so thankful for their help! We highly recommend their services.

Profile Picture Shermin, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning

I absolutely loved working with Scott. During the planning process I was all over the place due to work and life, but he was incredibly responsive. During the wedding he was the best DJ I could have hoped for not just in terms of music, but also because he would politely cut in to ask me something or advise me that it's time for something. I can't even begin to explain how much I loved working with him. Don't even look any further!

Profile Picture Gillian, 8/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scott is absolutely wonderful! He was the DJ for our July 2016 wedding. From the second we booked with Scott, we knew we were in good hands. He is a great communicator and was always there to help. Scott made multiple site visits with us and offered wonderful advice in planning.
After a few months of planning, we decided we wanted a day of coordinator. Scott had mentioned that his wife, Lisa, was a coordinator, so we met with her, booked her immediately, and felt a huge sense of relief and gratitude! Not only do I suggest hiring a day of coordinator, but I highly recommend Lisa. She is absolutely amazing! They helped us with every aspect of our wedding, from communicating with vendors, to designing the table layout, to day of set-up and take down, to emotional support when things just don't go right in wedding planning (like your venue canceling on you two months before the wedding). Hiring Scott and Lisa was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding.
After multiple meetings and site visits (all wanted by us - they were never pushy or overbearing...not even close!), our wedding day came, and we felt so prepared and ready!
On our wedding day, Scott kept the reception moving and our guests entertained. We have received multiple compliments on what a great emcee he is. He also got the party going on the dance floor! It was a party that I did not want it to end. Scott also helped us with the photobooth, and the uplighting he did was beautiful.
We are so thankful we got to work with Scott and Lisa for our wedding. They are a great team - they go above and beyond and are so easy to work with. They offered great advice and help, while valuing our own ideas and wishes. Our wedding would not have been the same without Scott and Lisa Muir! I would highly recommend Scott as your wedding DJ and Lisa as your wedding coordinator. They are absolutely amazing people that will do whatever it takes to make your wedding day the best day of your lives!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Do it! Book Scott from Muir Music. He is the best DJ who will make sure you are happy with everything! He is all about pleasing the bride, groom and the crowd as well. He listens to your requests and follows them! He is the best!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott Muir did an exceptional job at my Presqu'ile Winery wedding in July 2016. Scott's outstanding professionalism started back in October when he was constantly available by phone and email to discuss his services with me. As a bride, the choices and information out there regarding vendors can be overwhelming! Scott not only helped me navigate his services, but he also gave me many recommendations for other vendors on the Central Coast.

The moment we booked Scott for our wedding, we knew we were working with someone special. He was willing to meet with us in December, months before the wedding, to calm our wedding jitters and work out a wedding day of plan. He was always prompt with his communication and made choosing wedding songs a fun and easy task.

When I was indecisive about choosing the wedding ceremony music (a very important moment for any bride and groom), Scott called me on the phone to give me lots of choices of music that would fit my personality and the venue. Scott, even attended our rehearsal, which was completely above and beyond what he was contracted to do. That is the type of professional Scott is; always being exceptional.

The wedding DJ truly runs your wedding. They are the voice, they control the flow, and they can make or break your guest's experience. Scott took on the most important job of the day and did it with grace and ease. He kept every guest (from my 20 something year old friends to my 92 year old grandmother) dancing and laughing. He kept myself and my groom floating on air because we knew we were in the best of hands with Scott Muir running the show.

I would highly recommend Scott Muir and Muir Music DJ and Coordinating Service to any bride and groom out there! I cannot wait to use him again for our next big event. Our day was flawless due to the professionalism and attention to detail by Scott Muir and Muir Music. We thank you, Scott Muir and Muir Music for making the wedding of our dreams a reality!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was a very busy bride, working full-time, frequently out of town, and also having a destination wedding in Pismo Beach, CA. Scott was quick with his email responses, phone calls, and in person meeting which was crucial in the planning process. He put together the entire timeline for the evening, and gave some great suggestions for the special songs of the evening. He knew exactly what to play for the reception and had everyone dancing...even the ones that don't usually dance! I can't say enough great things about Scott and Muir Music. His wife, Lisa, also served as our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely amazing! I would recommend Muir Music to everyone!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/9/16, 1 Review