MUAH by J - Makeup & Hair Artistry Reviews

MUAH by J - Makeup & Hair Artistry 2
MUAH by J - Makeup & Hair Artistry 3

Juvy · Married on 03/21/2019

Excellent & Fun

Janine was very pleasant, comfortable, fun & easy to work with. She gave her time to come to the hotel I stayed at. My boyfriend and I enjoyed her presence & chatting (like we knew each other from before, first time meeting her), while she worked on my makeup & hair. Got a lot of compliments @ the ball. Thanks Janine!

Sent on 04/07/2019

Kristin · Married on 06/23/2018

Janine and her team were very professional. They were right on time which is always stress reducing, plus we actually finished earlier than anticipated which allowed some relaxing time. I couldn't be more thrilled with my hair and makeup for my wedding, I felt extremely beautiful. Also, my bridesmaid loved their looks too! Thanks Muah for all your hard work!!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Heidi · Married on 04/05/2018

Janine is fantastic!My hair and makeup was wonderful!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Jessica · Married on 03/03/2018

Absolutely wonderful, talented, and fun to be around! Janine helped make my wedding day that much more special. Totally recommend a million times!

Sent on 03/17/2018

Hannah · Married on 11/18/2017

Janine was absolutely incredible. She is incredibly knowledgeable and was able to nail down exactly what my girls and I wanted on my big day. I highly highly recommend MUAH by J!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Julia · Married on 08/26/2017

She was amazing, laid back, and professional! She listened to what I wanted my hair and makeup to look like for the wedding, and did it exactly that while also using her professional judgement to alter it for the weather!

Sent on 04/30/2018
    MUAH by J - Makeup & Hair Artistry 4
    MUAH by J - Makeup & Hair Artistry 5

Caroline · Married on 08/12/2017

Wow! Janine is amazing- Bride, MOH, and MOB - we all looked and felt stunning! Janine listened to us and tailored our individual looks to suit us. She is easy to talk to and laugh with- thanks so much for everything, Janine!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Christina · Married on 07/09/2017

Janine is fantastic! I live in the UK and booked Janine based in reviews and her responsiveness to my initial query. It was risky as we hadn't met and I was nervous. However, she immediately put me at ease when we met for my trial. Unlike many brides I didn't have a clear view of what I wanted. She was completely flexible and happy to try different styles for both hair and make-up. I then changed my mind again before my wedding and she was great about it. On the day she did hair and make-up for three adults and two flower girls plus hair only for two others. This was a lot to do but Janine never flagged or lost her sense of humour. Everyone looked great and I was really happy with my look. My mother hadn't worn make-up in over 15 years and was worried. Janine put her at ease and she was really happy with the result. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 08/02/2017
  • Erica

Erica Weaver · Married on 06/17/2017

Wonderful presence and expertise

Janine was a wonderful presence on the morning of my wedding. I was so confident in her ability that I knew she would make me look wonderful. The time I spent quietly, before all the hubbub, in preparation with her as she did my hair and makeup is still one of the fondest memories I have of my wedding day. I would absolutely recommend her to you! You will be pleased.

Sent on 10/19/2018
    MUAH by J - Makeup & Hair Artistry 6

Anna · event on 05/25/2017

I attended a military ball back in May, and scheduled an appointment with Janine for an updo. She did such an amazing job! I was originally thinking that I wanted my hair down, but after talking with Janine about my options, we went with an updo, and I'm so glad we did! My hair stayed in place all night, and I got 3 different compliments on my hair at the ball! Thank you Janine for making me feel pretty!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Michele · Married on 05/25/2017

I had never had my make up or my hair done for an event. I was extremely happy with the results. Janine was able to get everything done in the right time frame. She chose the colors for my make up and I felt that it was tasteful and not gaudy. I will definetely use her again.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Rose · Married on 10/08/2016

Go ahead and do a dry run on hair and makeup so they know what you want well worth the extra!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Erin · Married on 09/09/2016

I have used Janine multiple times and wouldn't use anyone else! Being in the beauty industry myself, I know that she provides exceptional work and just LOVE her personality! Janine really listens to what you want and I can guarantee you will look amazing!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Marcie · Married on 09/03/2016

Janine was the best. I could not have asked for a more perfect person to do my wedding makeup and hair. I have never looked more beautiful in my life. The prewedding trial ran incredibly smooth and Janine put me at ease. She truly is an artist. Everyone was so impressed with not only my makeup and hair but my mom, mother-in-law, and sister. She has a great personality, and as mentioned her talent just blows me away. I am so thankful she was a part of my perfect day.

Marcie

Sent on 09/29/2016

Sally · Married on 07/04/2016

Janine is fabulous!
    I instantly felt very comfortable with her. She's super flexible and will tell you the truth, provide suggestions, is willing to try out options, look at pictures, etc. on my wedding day, she came to my hotel room and was very accommodating when she was greeted with unsure dogs. She spent some time petting them & making them comfortable with her so they wouldn't be scared or bark. It was amazing!
    She's a very thorough makeup artist. She had an eye for detail and wing stop until it's all just the way you want it! I'll definitely be using her again when the need arises in the future!

Sent on 07/18/2016
  • Yordaysy

Yordaysy · Married on 07/01/2016

Janine was amazing, she work around my schedule and was very professional. My makeup was fabulous and I loved my hair. She did exactly what I wanted and made me feel very calm during my special day. Her and her team did an amazing job on my maid of honor and sister in laws hair and makeup, everyone was extremely happy. We absolutely loved her, thank you so much for everything.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Sharilyn · Married on 06/11/2016

Janine is amazing! She did exactly what I wanted and made me look even better than I thought!

She is unfront and honest about what will and will not work.

She is fun and laid back!

She is awesome!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Jacquelyn · Married on 06/05/2016

Janine was absolutely amazing! She made my special day wonderful, and she is not only amazing with both hair and makeup but wonderful to be around and so flexible! I even changed how I wanted my hair the day of and she was so accommodating and did it for me without any questions and it looked amazing! She helped me to feel so beautiful and perfect on our special day and my hair and makeup looked great even after hours of dancing! I would love to be able to work with her again and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Brianna · Married on 12/04/2015

Janine is fantastic! She has done my hair and makeup for the past two years for my military balls. Every year I receive countless compliments. Each year she did a very different look from the year before and I have loved both!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Patty · Married on 11/14/2015

She has not done my make up and hair yet but she was so flexible to meet my very tight deadline. I can't wait to let you know how she did. I have NO doubt that it will be awesome

Patty Kimball

Sent on 10/26/2015

Bethany · Married on 09/20/2015

Unfortunately hair was something I put off until last minute. I had an image in my mind of my waist length hair tucked back in a braid just so, but I was having a hard time finding someone available on Sunday, and capable of doing intricate braids at that! As I was searching desperately, my mom came across Muah by J. Janine was immediately responsive, and worked around my schedule to find a time to trial; keeping in mind my wedding was only a month away at this point! The trial went well, and on my big day, Janine actually came to my home to do my hair. It was a seamless process, and Janine helped to calm my nerves. Everyone loved my hair, and it turned out better than I had hoped. I would have had her do my make up as well, except I'm lucky enough to have a cousin that does makeup for a living. Please talk to Janine about your beauty needs for your big day. She'll get you squared away!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Karen · Married on 09/12/2015

I was able to book Janine relatively last minute, about a month or so before my wedding. She was able to meet with me for a consultation about 2 weeks prior and was really nice and relaxed, and had a lot of helpful suggestions. I really liked being able to pay online with a credit card, as it's hard for me to get out and pay in person during the day. She was great at communicating via e-mail, and she was just as nice and relaxed on the day of the wedding when she was helping with my bridal party's hair and make-up. We all really enjoyed having her there with us, and she even sat and listened to me "vent" a little bit when I was starting to feel stressed out. I would definitely recommend her to another bride!

Sent on 09/29/2015

T. · event on 11/15/2014

Janine was very professional ..... I was a nervous wreak, never going to an event like I was attending that evening , I'd never had my hair or makeup done professionally before so I wasn't sure what to expect. When Janine seen my gown that I was going to wear she knew the look she wanted to achieve and by the time she was finished , I was in tears !!! I'd never expected to look as pretty as I did :) !! Thank you again Janine and ill see you come prom time!!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/09/2014

The team at MUAH by J was amazing. They all really made myself and my ladies glow on my big day! Janine was amazing and really brought fun to the wedding preparations!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Jenna · Married on 08/03/2014

Janine made my day what I dreamed it would be. She was so personable, and exactly the kind of person you would want near you on your big day. I felt so beautiful, and got amazing compliments on my hair and make-up from friends and family. She really understood my vision, and constantly made sure it was what I had envisioned. She is unbelievably talented, and my hair stayed the whole night! This was so great for thin hair that normally goes flat within an hour. The most important thing was that I still looked like myself... Not overdone! I would recommend her to EVERYONE in my life looking for a hair or makeup artist. This sounds cheesy, but she made me feel so special and cared about which made the day not stressful, but just crazy fun:) I would never go anywhere else!!!

Sent on 11/14/2014