Mr. Thrill DJ PLUS Reviews

71 | Round Rock, TX

71 Reviews for Mr. Thrill DJ PLUS

John · Married on 11/16/2013

I cannot recommend Bill enough! We sent out bids to several DJs and Mr Thrill was not only one of the most responsive DJs, but also one of the most affordable. We contacted him and gave him some information about our ceremony and he instantly set us up with an account so that we could manage the music for our ceremony. He followed up with us a week or so before the ceremony to go over all of the details and we could tell that he had actually taken the time to go over the music we selected. He even told us how great of a job we had done selecting our music!

He also had a great feel for the vibe that we were going for. We forgot to give him the list of songs to play as guests arrived for the ceremony, and he selected songs based off of everything else that we had previously selected. He had a great mix of Beatles songs (the processional was "In My Life" and my wife walked down to "Here Comes the Sun") that fit out ceremony perfectly.

We had sent out a "Play My Jam" request card with our RSVPs, so we had a playlist that we built based off of our friends'/family's requests. Bill had a great feel for what should be played when and really made our ceremony/reception fantastic.

Once it was time to get our guests out and dancing, Bill did a great job of selecting songs. From the first song to the last song, he was right on point. He took any requests that came his way and even let people have the microphone if they wanted to perform a song (my dad raps "New York State of Mind" at all of the family wedding). Our reception started at about 5:30pm and Bill was still going strong (along with our dancers) at 10:30 pm!

All of this to say that if you want a flexible, affordable, and all around good, friendly and professional DJ for your wedding or event, you would be hard pressed to find anyone better than Mr. Thrill!

Sent on 11/28/2013

Thanks John!

Emily · Married on 10/26/2013

Mr. Thrill (Bill Harris) did an amazing job with our ceremony and reception. The music he played was absolutely perfect. He is very professional, knowlegable, personable, and made the music planning the weeks before the wedding so easy. Everyone had a great time and we highly recommened him to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Thank you Emily!

Linda · Married on 09/21/2013

Mr. Thrill has provided DJ services for both my daughter's wedding and for my wedding! He seems to know exactly what songs the crowd will respond to and when to play them! We couldn't have asked for more! I have recommended Mr. Thrill to many people over the past 4 years, and I will continue to do so!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Thank you Linda!

Samantha · Married on 09/14/2013

We hired Mr. Thrill DJ (Bill Harris) for our wedding and he did great! He was so helpful in the months leading up to the wedding by answering all the questions that we had. We left the music choices up to him, and did an awesome job! Our guests had so much fun! He's a great DJ and such a sweet man. He is highly recommended! Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Thank you Samantha!

Kelly · Married on 06/15/2013

In 2005, Bill Harris was my English Teacher. He was one of the cool teachers who had posters of amazing bands all around his classroom. Last summer I saw him DJ for one of my friend's wedding and knew I had to have him do the music for mine.
    He was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process, answered all of my questions and made me feel relaxed during all of the planning. I requested my cake (which was the UT Tower) to be lit up and he was able to provide lighting for it and for the dance floor and made it all look wonderful.
    The dance floor was full the whole night because he has great taste in music! He knows exactly what to play to make people dance. My guests would start to leave to take a break or get a drink and he would play another great song and everyone stayed out to dance some more! His taste in music ensured all of our guests had a great night and I couldn't imagine having any other DJ!
    Thank you Mr. Thrill!
    Kelly

Sent on 06/26/2013

Mr. Thrill DJ PLUS's reply:

Thank you Kelly! You were a great student and beautiful bride:)
  • I

Ian · Married on 03/16/2013

The THRILL of a lifetime!

Experience: There is one word for this guy.. AMAZING! He is personable, experienced, and great at getting the dance floor filled. I swear, we had almost our entire reception dancing throughout the night due to Mr. Thrill's excellent music integration and song timing. The song balance was perfect. We would hire him again in a heart beat.

No Worries: On the wedding day, the most stressful experience was the organization. You want your guests to enjoy their time and have fun. It was so great having a DJ, that was also our acting emcee, take care of our guests. He would take song requests, interact with the audience and took all of the worry and hassle out of this experience. Remember, peace of mind on the wedding day is invaluable and it comes standard with Mr. Thrill.

Dancing: Like previously mentioned, the crowd loved the music. He brings the dance spirit alive! We saw family members that have never danced in their life out on the dance floor busting moves! My wife was worried (before the wedding) that guests would stop dancing and the floor would empty out.. not once did this happen. Mr. Thrill WILL GET YOUR GUESTS ONTO THE DANCE FLOOR.

Advice: If you want peace of mind on your wedding day, contract Mr. Thrill. If you want your guests to have a good time at the wedding, contract Mr. Thrill. If you want some help coordinating and organizing the wedding through the assistance of an emcee, contract Mr. Thrill.

Thank you Mr. Thrill (William), we loved every minute of our wedding!!! You were the bomb!

Sent on 03/28/2013

Thank you Ian!
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 12/29/2012

Mr. Thrill was so great. He found us the songs we really wanted for our ceremony and my dance with my father though most of them weren't in his usual catalog. He hopped out on the dance floor for the Cupid Shuffle, which I loved, and my new husband even joined in for it! We had a great time with the music pumping!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Thank you Leah!

Emily · Married on 11/10/2012

Ladies! Listen up! If you want someone that will go above and beyond at your event, then book Mr. Thrill! He was AMAZING! I had a folder of notes for him, which included names of the wedding party, special announcements, games, etc., unfortunately this folder was misplaced on the day-of. Mr. Thrill still greatly surpassed my expectations. He introduced the wedding party with style, he played all the right songs at the right time, he kept the party going all night, and he even gave us a special performance. :)

My day would not have been complete without his DJ services. If you want a vendor to give your wedding that special touch that guests will talk about for years, then you definitely need Mr. Thrill! Thank you Mr. Thrill!!! You were AMAZING!!!!

Sent on 11/26/2012
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 10/20/2012

Bill is such an amazing man and DJ. We loved having him at our wedding and helping us celebrate a wonderful occasion. He knows what he is doing and is able to read the crowd and play the perfect song choices!! Can't wait to use him again for another party!!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Bailey · Married on 09/29/2012

Mr. Thrill was amazing! It was such a pleasure to work with him in the months leading up to our wedding . . . and we were absolutely blown away by how incredible a job he did on our wedding day! He came prepared, was extremely professional and was willing to work with whatever we threw at him (which admittedly was a bit crazy!) First of all, we decided moments before our ceremony started that the groomsmen needed their own song to walk in to. I kid you not, Mr. Thrill found and queued up that song ("Walk" by Pantera) in about 90 seconds flat--and our ceremony music was executed flawlessly. Then, there was the reception. You see, we rented a mechanical bull for our reception--and even we were unsure about how/whether the balance of entertainment would work. Some DJs would have seen the bull as competition and tried desperately to win over the crowd's attention, but not Mr. Thrill! He managed to seamlessly work his music into whatever was going on at the moment. If people were packed on the dance floor, he played tunes that kept them moving! If people wandered over towards the bull, he put on some sweet "bull riding" tunes. He seriously just knocked it out of the park (and with very little instruction, I should mention!). We heard time and time again from our guests (and even the other vendors) about how awesome the music was. If you are looking for a fun-loving, professional and reliable DJ, look no further than Mr. Thrill. Honestly, we just can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Lindsey · Married on 05/27/2012

Bill was exactly what we were looking for in a DJ, someone who would play good music and who wouldn't be very noticeable. He had us pick several songs we loved, liked, and didn't want to hear ahead of time and he tailored the music around those selections. He did a great job of reading the crowd and playing appropriate music to fit the mood. It was great to have several people comment on how great the music selection was when we had only picked a handful of songs! He was incredibly easy to work with and I'd definitely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Lauren · Married on 04/20/2012

I was overly impressed with the service that DJ Thrill provided and would recommend to any bride that is looking for a professional DJ in Austin. Bill was very responsive and always made time to meet with me when requested. He played all of the music I asked for and really made my wedding special! Our guest still rave about how wonderful he was!

Sent on 07/17/2012
  • Charlotte T.

Charlotte · Married on 03/03/2012

Bill was a breeze to work with and a fantastic DJ!

He said "no problem!" even though many of the songs we requested were from lesser known Texas Country artists. Many even being bonus tracks that are not easy to find. The music we wanted played was important to us, and Bill was happy to accommodate!

He was able to keep guests on the dance floor the entire night despite competing with the bar that was located outside of the venue. He isn't the typical "cheesy" DJ, and was very professional the entire night, but still very fun. He was also very flexible with small changes the preceding weeks as well as the night of the wedding.

Charlotte Thompson

Sent on 03/19/2012

Nathan · Married on 01/21/2012

Mr. Thrill was absolutely amazing! He was so professional and fun to work with. We didn't really have any clear ideas for the music at our wedding, but he helped us figure out exactly what we wanted and when we didn't know he filled in the blanks perfectly. Our guests all loved him, and he kept us dancing all night. I would definitely recommend using Mr. Thrill!

Sent on 02/01/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/29/2011

Mr. Thrill was such a pleasure to work with. We booked him from the UK and our only communication was via email which he handled very promptly and professionally. I knew when I met him he would be exactly want we wanted. He did our ceremony music and the dance music. Everyone of our guest including us was very happy with his selection and involvement in the crowd!!! We could not have been happier with having him as a part of our most special day!!!

We highly recommend him for any of your events, he is a 10 out of 10!!!

Mark and Ashley Clowes
    United Kingdom

Sent on 11/09/2011

rachel · Married on 09/10/2011

Mr. Thrill was the perfect DJ/wedding entertainment! He makes the music planning a cinch with his helpful advice a wide array of music knowledge! I heard nothing but praise from all of my guests! Definetly an outstanding service!

Sent on 09/18/2011

Melanie · Married on 09/04/2011

Our DJ was fantastic! Bill kept the party going with his own choices of music as well as incorporating suggestions from us prior to the event. He was extremely attentive to prompts of when we needed our "special dance" songs played, as we did not have a wedding coordinator or exact times listed prior to the reception.
    Our event was held outdoors and his lighting and volume were perfect for our venue.
    Bill even stayed 2 hours later than planned because our guests did not want the party to stop. Luckily we had the option to stay at our venue as late as we wanted.
    We couldn't have asked for a better DJ and his price was far better than all of the Austin area DJs we searched out prior to our event.
    THANKS FOR MAKING OUR EVENING SO FUN MR. THRILL!!!

Sent on 09/10/2011

Jess · Married on 06/11/2011

Mr. Thrill did a great job with the ceremony and reception music. I gave him a list of non traditional classic music for the ceremony and he created a beautiful set list. He also did a great job with keeping the party going. he was very helpful and attentive.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Emily · Married on 06/05/2011

Mr Thrill was AH-Mazing! He reads the crowd and his clients so well! He is an absolute gem and made our reception and ceremony flow as smoothly as possible! Yay!

Sent on 06/18/2011

Andrea · Married on 05/21/2011

Mr. Thrill, Bill, was awesome. He got the crowd going, he played the songs that we requested, he took requests from the guests. The lighting was great. I don't think it could have been better!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Rachael · Married on 05/07/2011

Mr. Thrill was the perfect DJ for our wedding!! I am very particular and detail oriented to say the least so it made me nervous to hire a DJ that I hadn't had the chance to see in action but after contacting some of his previous brides for input my fears were put to rest as they all raved about him. Everything they told me was true the night of our wedding. I had emailed him some pretty specific requests for the different parts of the night and he took them and every song choice was perfect. At one point I had said no line dances but when my dad put in a request for the Macarena, Mr. Thrill took the time to come check with me to see if it was ok, which of course I said yes to! I was really impressed by that! One thing that was so important to me was that people actually dance and have fun and that is exactly what happened... The party would have continued on and on if we wouldnt have left-- I was so sad to go when he came and told me it was time for the last dance-- such an incredible night that wouldn't have been the same without our awesome DJ!!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Stanley · Married on 04/09/2011

Mr. Thrill was a perfect fit for our wedding. He was referred to us by another DJ and after reading his superb reviews felt very comfortable with him. He was extremely professional, played great music to get the guests to dance, and did everything that we asked him for. We also had glow sticks to hand out to guests before a song and Mr. Thrill handled it all. Would definitely choose Mr. Thrill if we had to do it again!

Sent on 04/18/2011

Jessica · Married on 03/25/2011

Mr. Thrill was the DJ for our wedding and was an absolute pleasure to work with. He arrived at our ceremony site with plenty of time to ensure that everything was in working order and coordinated music with our ceremony musician. Mr. Thrill kept our guests dancing on the dance floor and even selected the perfect song for an impromptu mother-son dance. Unbeknownst to people on the dance floor, several of our guests commented on how they appreciated that our DJ was not "blasting out" the guests with loud music. Overall, we were very pleased with Mr. Thrill's services and consider him the best value for the money.

Sent on 03/31/2011

Mauri · Married on 03/12/2011

We could not have asked for a better entertainer for our wedding! My husband and I were both insistent that we had a great DJ, as a DJ can make or break a wedding. We had more fun than we could have imagined at our wedding, and we've been receiving compliments the past couple of months of how much people enjoyed our wedding reception. Bill Harris conducted himself very professionally but was not afraid to have fun at our wedding. He honored all of our requests of what kind of music to play and what not to play, while reading the crowd and playing the right music to keep people on the dance floor. He did a fantastic job of just engaging all of the guests, and the dance floor was packed all night. He was very confident in what he was doing, and ensured both of us that he knew how to entertain guests of all ages--and he definitely did so! We had 20+ kids under the age of 10, 100+ guests between 20-30 years old, and 100-200+ 30-85 years old! Our photographer captured so many great moments of guests on the dance floor, and those photos are of guests of all ages having an absolute blast! We would highly recommend Mr. Harris for any occasion. We were so relieved we could rely on him for such a huge aspect of our wedding and have no reservations that, if you hire him, you'll feel the same about yours!

Sent on 05/17/2011

Anna · Married on 03/05/2011

I can't say enough good things about Mr. Thrill!!! He provided the music for our wedding ceremony and reception on March 5 at The Terrace Club in Dripping Springs. He was fabulous and did an amazing job!!!

Our ceremony went off without a glitch due to his great attention to detail. He made our reception so much fun! I received many compliments on him after the wedding. He really got the dance floor going and made it a lively evening. He was organized, professional ,and knew what to play to get the crowd on their feet. I saw friends and relatives dancing for the first time ever and boy was that entertaining! Our wedding guests especially loved the Neil Diamond and Elvis vocals that he performed!!

I highly recommend Mr. Thrill!!!

Sent on 03/29/2011