MountainGate Country Club Reviews

46 | Los Angeles, CA

46 Reviews for MountainGate Country Club

46 MountainGate Country Club Reviews

Sonia · Married on 09/22/2018

From the moment we stepped foot onto MountainGate Country Club, my now husband and I knew this was the perfect place for our dream wedding. Everything from the flow of the venue to the caring team (shout out to Meredith!) exemplified simple elegance and convenience. With the well thought out packages to the customizable options, MountainGate was our one shop stop and with our busy work schedules yet high expectations, we couldn't have been more grateful to have met Meredith and MountainGate to help make our wedding day a dream come true. Our guests could not stop talking about the great food - especially the hors d'oeuvres, the cool option of having nitrogen ice cream(!!), and the amazing terrace with its twinkling lights to dance the night away under. Thank you, MountainGate CC team, for allowing us to host our wedding at this beautiful venue with the help of your fantastic staff!

Sent on 10/13/2018

MountainGate Country Club's reply:

Thank you, Sonia for the kind review! We loved helping you plan and the liquid nitrogen ice cream is one of our favorite things too :) Wishing you both the best as husband and wife - come visit us again soon!

Lynsey · Married on 08/31/2018

We could not have picked a better place to have our wedding reception! Meredith and the staff at MountainGate are amazing! Meredith is super organized and responsive and walked us through everything we needed to know about the venue. The views of the mountains are breathtaking and the glass windows made the perfect backdrop for our sweetheart table. Our guests raved about the natural beauty of the location during the cocktail hour on the North Lawn. We also got the most amazing pictures with so many beautiful locations to get shots on the property. Meredith and her chef made sure that the food was exactly what we wanted and it was absolutely delicious. The staff at the event was professional and they did a great job. I can honestly say that my wedding day was everything that I hoped it would be and more. Thank you Meredith and the MountainGate team for everything!

Sent on 09/19/2018

MountainGate Country Club's reply:

Thank you, Lynsey, for all the kind words! We will definitely share with the team and the Chef - it was our honor to help you have the best day ever and we are thrilled your guests had an amazing time!! Best wishes to you and Edgar as you start you life as husband and wife!

Laura · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with our experience at MountainGate! Our wedding was 2 months ago and our friends and family are STILL talking about how beautiful everything was. We had both our ceremony and reception outside and wow was that the right decision! The pictures speak for themselves! We highly recommend having your special day here. We wish we could do ours all over again! In fact, we have already decided if we ever host another event, it has to be at MountainGate! Working with Meredith, the director, was such a pleasure. She answered all emails promptly and made sure that our vision of a perfect wedding could actually be a reality. The bride and groom have designated areas for getting dressed and ready. The women's locker room was really nice and spacious. Men were in the conference room and this door locked so important items could stay there during the night. We were so surprised at how much we were able to save with the special offer that was running at the time we booked the venue. We truly had the wedding of our dreams. Thank you for the wonderful memories, MountainGate!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    MountainGate Country Club 7
    MountainGate Country Club 8
    MountainGate Country Club 9

MountainGate Country Club's reply:

Oh my! Laura - these photos are gorgeous! Thank you so much for your kind words - it was truly an honor to help you and Hannes plan your big day and we are so thrilled all of your guests had the visit of a lifetime! Best wishes to you both and we can't wait to plan your next event!

Emily · Married on 04/22/2018

As soon as we came across the venue while searching online, we knew it would be perfect for us! We loved the natural beauty of MountainGate; the scenery is breathtaking. It was easy for us to take a minimalist approach to decoration since the venue is so striking all on its own, and paired with the available lighting options created an ethereal backdrop for the ceremony and reception. We planned our wedding from our home in Vancouver, and from start to finish Meredith was always available for any questions we had. In coordination with our wedding planner, Meredith made sure everything was absolutely perfect and the entire evening ran smoothly. The day was pure magic; a dream come true! Thank you again!

Sent on 05/17/2018

MountainGate Country Club's reply:

Thank you, Emily, for the kind words! We were honored to help the two of you start your new journey together and are thrilled you had the best day ever! We hope to come visit us in LA soon!

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

I found MountainGate after searching for venues that would allow for outside catering options and it turned out to be the perfect choice for many reasons beyond just the food situation. I worked with both Jacquelyn and Meredith and they were both incredibly responsive and helpful through the planning process, which was especially important as I am from out of state so basically did all the planning via email and phone. The venue itself is beautiful and our guests couldn't stop raving about what a unique experience it was to be able to have the entire event outside. This is a hidden gem among the LA wedding venues and I would highly recommend to anyone!

Kate · Married on 09/22/2017

Best hidden gem in Los Angeles. A lush, beautiful, surprisingly affordable venue tucked away in the hills behind The Getty. We had an outdoor sunset ceremony and indoor reception for about 90 people, and the spaces were perfect, intimate and romantic. Meredith and Jacquelyn are AMAZING, they made the entire wedding planning process smooth and (dare I say it) fun. Their secret? They actually CARE about their customers. We visited other venues where we felt like a number (hello, Oviatt), but not at MountainGate. Meredith and Jacquelyn are so friendly, detail-oriented, flexible, and organized. The day of our wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing bc Meredith was all over it. Our guests had a fantastic time and partied 'til midnight, and no one could believe we found such a great place right in the heart of LA (instead of having to drive an hour out of the city). Amazing staff, easy parking, great vendor recommendations. Would highly, highly recommend.

diana · Married on 05/06/2017

I know every bride and groom says this but our wedding was the BEST DAY EVER!! We couldn't have pulled it off without Meredith; she is godsend. My then fiance and now husband and I booked the venue on the spot because we not only loved the venue but because we knew we were in good hands with Meredith. She is kind, warm, thorough, punctual, hardworking, and so many other positive adjectives. I literally emailed her every week asking random questions and she never failed me!

The week of my wedding I read that it was going to rain (luckily the sun came out the day of so we ended up having it outside) and it was devastating! I was stressed out but Meredith was calming and drew up different indoor floor plans making it a smooth(er) transition. Like I said, she's seriously the best and Mountaingate is lucky to have her!

Thank you Mountaingate for having the best event manager and a wonderful venue!

Sherry · Married on 04/29/2017

I cannot speak highly enough about MountainGate Country Club. This venue is classic! It's the perfect blend of classy, chic, romantic setting and is truly a gem! The staff is incredible. Jacquelyn King, the Private Events Director, goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy. She is so great and loves what she does. You feel safe and taken care of when making some of the biggest decisions of your life. Honestly, without Jacquelyn, our wedding would not have been SO amazing. She is so detail oriented and thinks of everything. She is an absolute pleasure to work with and is extremely great at what she does. My husband and I were not fully prepared for planning a wedding, it was our first time haha, but Jacquelyn and MountainGate were beyond helpful, every step of the way!

The day of our wedding Hiram Torres was our go to man. He made sure everything was perfect and ran smoothly. All of our guests were beyond happy with every single thing at our wedding. Hiram made sure that there were no issues throughout the day. He is the food and beverages manager, but honestly was our super hero the day of! He had eyes everywhere and managed his team so well!

All thanks to MountainGate Country Club, my husband and I had the MOST amazing wedding ever! All of our family and friends could not stop talking about how perfect every single detail was. The venue is a huge part of throwing a successful event and we can honestly say that there is nowhere else we would have thrown our wedding because of the amazing service we received from the day we walked into MountainGate.

We highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to throw a successful event. Whether it's a wedding, birthday, or any celebration, MountainGate will not disappoint. We look forward to hosting future events here!

sherry · Married on 04/29/2017

Adrienne · Married on 04/08/2017

MountainGate is such a GORGEOUS venue! I had my April wedding here, as well as my rehearsal brunch, and everything was top notch! Jacquelyn was our event coordinator, and is superb and very experienced! She made the entire wedding planning process so painless and smooth--we were able to plan a 250 guest wedding (initially I thought over 300 would RSVP) in UNDER 5 months! Jacquelyn was flexible, responsive to inquiries and changes, and extremely organized. She also made sure that all minor details were customized and taken care of for both the wedding and the brunch, and provided suggestions to make sure our parents were comfortable and traditions not forgotten.

The MountainGate packages were so convenient and there are incentives and deals if you sign up for the email list or follow them on social medi. The gold package had everything that I was looking for, including chivari chairs, expansive linen options, indoor and outdoor set-up, cake, champagne toasts, day-of coordinator, wait staff, valet, and most importantly for my guests--higher end liquor options! The entree options were also delicious, we got lamb and beef short rib (guests didn't even care we didn't go with traditional fish and red meat options because food is that good!).

Jacquelyn and the MountainGate team strived to make our events seamless and perfect. There was a chance of bad weather and the team mobilized quickly to make adjustments. I highly recommend hosting events here if you're looking to wow your guests!!

Nadia · Married on 03/25/2017

I can't say enough good words about MountainGate CC and especially Meredith (Senior Private Event Manager) who worked with me.
    First, all guests admitted it was the best wedding they ever attended! And it really was! We spent 8 month planning and it was just PERFECT! in my opinion 80% of this success belongs to Mountaingate CC and Meredith helping us to arrange it.
    GREAT LOCATION (Ceremony outside, Reception inside, so conveniently located near each other)
    Beautiful Gold Club, Beautiful View
    Excellent Food (we ordered buffet)
    Unseen flexibility and excellent customer service in order to accommodate our requests
    Excellent Bar(with so many different packages),
    HELPFUL ADDITIONS INCLUDED like Valet Parking, very convenient space for entertainment (photobooth etc), storage space, details like votives, isles, tv for slide shows, projector and even racks for guests clothing
    Photo/video shoot on golf course for bride/groom
    Flexibility with plan B (and C, D) in case of rain
    We had some issues with the the wrong Cake Colors and MountainGate suggested partial refunded, which definitely calmed my anger and anxiety
    Meredith answered all my emails and questions in minutes, everything was smooth and far beyond all expectation.

david · Married on 01/03/2017

excellent service....!!! Keep up the creativity!!

April · Married on 10/08/2016

We had our ceremony and our wedding reception at Mountaingate Country Club 10/8/16 and it was such amazing day! Meredith, the private event manager is the best! She has excellent customer service, she's well organized, always got back to us very quickly, very friendly and she made the planning process so easy! She has past experience as a vendor for weddings so she was very helpful with suggestions for us. Everything looked amazing on our wedding day! Everyone complimented us on the food, the beautiful view and the decor. Meredith and her team are exceptional and I would highly recommend this venue for others interested in having their ceremony/reception here. Thank you Meredith!

LORRAINE · Married on 07/08/2016

I had my own wedding here 30 years ago and now we are celebrating my friend's daughter's wedding here. It just keeps getting better and better. The view and the venue can't be beat and the staff is so accommodating. It is hard to believe they have kept up the quality for more than 30 years. Just Awesome!!!

Sara · Married on 06/04/2016

Thank you sooo much to everyone at MountainGate for making the wedding of my dreams a reality!!! Meredith is such a gem. I'm so lucky to have had her help throughout the wedding process. She made everything so easy and fun. All my guests were blown away by the beauty of this venue and how good the food was. I would recommend MountainGate to anyone!!

Christina · Married on 07/18/2015

A little over a week ago, I had the pleasure to work at Mountaingate for a day-of-coordination job for a bride with a beautiful vision-- Her dream was to have an outdoor wedding with a whimsical garden-esque, rustic vibe with Edison lights hanging all across the terrace, and this was the place to make it happen.

Sadly, this particular day in July turned out to be an awfully wet one-- Around 2pm, the Mountaingate team decided it would be a safety hazard to do the wedding outside as it was pouring and everything from the guests to the cables would be drenched, even after we got a tent installed!

At this point, everyone from the receptionist all the way to the event director were all hands on deck and literally busted their butts off to bring the wedding inside. Everyone was so helpful and had a can-do attitude to make sure this wedding wasn't going to be cancelled. The ceremony was relocated, the tables rearranged, and setup was complete right on time! It looked beautiful and none of the guests could tell there were any issues behind the scenes.

Although I didn't have direct experience with the planning process, I can vouch that the day of your wedding at Mountaingate will be wonderful!

Polly · Married on 08/16/2014

We booked MountainGate after an exhaustive search of venues in Los Angeles. They were by and far the best value for the money, as well as an amazing location. Halfway into the wedding planning, the event director changed, and that could have been a real problem, but the new events person was just as accommodating and lovely as the previous one. Jazmin and her assistant, Hailey, are terrific. Everything went very smoothly with MountainGate, and they were total professionals in all aspects.

A very important logistic to consider is how you get your guests to the venue. We hired a bus service to drive everyone from the SLS Hotel to MountainGate, and it went off without a hitch. And in LA traffic! Jazmin recommended B&W Limo, and they were great.

The other important aspect that we really didn't consider, but turned out to be one of the many great things about MountainGate, is that you get married on the 10th tee overlooking gorgeous mountains, then you turn around and are in your cocktail hour on a grassy knoll, then you walk a few feet and you are on the beautifully lit outdoor patio for dinner. This worked well for young and old, and no time was wasted on long trips between venues. We even had a Catholic ceremony on the 10th tee, so you can turn the beautiful outdoors into your church or synagogue. Oh, and the dancing can go until midnight, which is also unusual in an outdoor venue (that is easy to get to).

The food....we were thinking that the food would be mediocre based on the fabulous location and excellent service we were receiving. I mean how could they prepare great food too? Well, get ready. The food here is sooooo good that your guests will be raving about it. We had filet mignon, salmon and chicken, and they even accommodated our vegan guests without batting an eye. The bar was also well stocked and they honored our requests for slightly different brands, etc. Not one complaint from a very picky list of guests.

Have fun!

Shelly · Married on 07/26/2014

My hubby and I were just married at MountainGate a week ago, and we can't say enough good things about them. I'll tell you that it started off really great, got a little shaky about a year out, but then Jazmin came on and took control. I was starting to get really worried, but Jazmin quickly put my mind at ease and not only worked with me to get my wedding back to where I wanted it to be, she went above and beyond to make sure every expectation was surpassed.

As a venue, we held our ceremony and reception there, as well as held a cocktail hour prior to the ceremony. So we utilized the indoor dining area for cocktail hour, the tee for our ceremony, and the patio for the reception. Every aspect was perfect and beautiful, and honestly needs very little decoration because the location speaks for itself. The food was amazing, the staff....every one of them....was nice and on-top-of-t, the prices are really great (especially for LA) and on our big day, I can honestly say I wasn't the slightest bit worried, because I knew everything had been taken care of. It was just time to enjoy ALL of our hard work!

Our only regret was that we wish we had booked MountainGate longer. We had such an amazing time that we didn't want to leave!! I can't say enough good things about them, and would gladly recommend them for any event...but especially your wedding :)

Dear Jazmin:
    It has taken us a few days to recover but we wanted to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

You and your staff were incredible on Saturday and we are still basking in the glow of the beautiful storybook evening. Everyone was thoughtful, caring and hardworking; I just wish I could have learned all their names to give them a shout out. The two that stand out are Ryan, the Food and Beverage Director and you. Ryan and his people were always accommodating our guests and making the evening special. They did everything to succeed in pleasing our guests, and for that we are very grateful. From making sure the appetizers reached everyone to the bartender mixing drinks with humor and flair, the entire staff was fantastic.

And you, Jazmin, you were incredible. You were always very helpful, responsive, and flexible and had many wonderful suggestions, like Carmela’s Ice Cream, which was a big hit. You allowed us to pepper you with dozens of questions over the last few months, many of them silly and you were always cheerful and smiling. You made sure your staff worked well and in harmony with all the vendors and allowed our coordinator, to facilitate the evening. We never had a problem; your staff was always attentive and willing to help.

And we don’t know how you ordered the gorgeous weather and wonderful sunset, but they were just a backdrop to your magnificent setting. The beauty and colors at the ceremony were breathtaking.

Again, thank you. Everyone and everything at Mountaingate was perfect.

The venue is beautiful and Jazmin Cabrera was a pleasure to work with. We couldn't have asked for better; the food, the service, the views, everything was wonderful.

Andrea · Married on 06/22/2013

When you are searching for the right wedding venue, everyone has their own visions of what they are looking for. That being said, if you are looking for a location with mountain views that’s quiet yet right in the middle of LA, you are in luck. Mountaingate Country Club (MGCC) is the place for you!

My husband and I knew we would love to have our wedding in the mountains, but heading to Malibu instantly raised the cost of the wedding by a lot. We happened across MGCC online, and were pleasantly surprised to find it tucked away above the 405 freeway, near the Getty Center. And while the freeway was nearby, you feel completely removed from the city. We chose to have our wedding reception on the patio, and it was absolutely perfect.

Now if MGCC is already a contender but you’re making your final decisions, here are a few things that should tip the scale in its favor. First of all, a major selling point of MGCC is Bridget, the event coordinator. We did not hire a wedding coordinator and yet having Bridget at MGCC was as if we had. She always remains professional and organized, replies to your emails or phone calls very promptly, and was constantly willing to work with our budget, our schedule, and our ideas. She made us feel completely comfortable and confident that all of the details we planned at the venue, and all of the vendors who were coming there, would be taken care of. Words really can’t express how great she is to work with, and we owe a lot to her.

A final note is that the food and the staff were absolutely wonderful. Everyone raved about the food, and everyone working the night of our wedding was extremely professional, positive and polite. We wanted our guests to enjoy their night, and with the help of everyone at MGCC, they certainly did!

Great service, Great Venue! I loved it, was worried about a winter outdoor wedding but they made everything work

Dafna · Married on 08/25/2012

My wedding fantasy came true!!! MountainGate was the most amazing place to have our wedding. We got married on the beautiful golf course on a perfect day and our reception was outdoors on the terrace. The staff is absolutely amazing and Bridget is by far one of the most amazing people i have ever met. She made sure our day was perfect. She really took care of us and what i loved is that she really took care of my fiance. So many people only focus on the bride they forget the groom. Her skills are spectacular and her attention to detail is amazing. She responded back to me so quickly. She took care of everything from A-Z. Between her and our wedding coordinator we were in heaven! She recommended us to many vendors that we used and we loved them all!!!! They also let us bring in our own caterer which we loved. Being in LA it is hard to find a outdoor venue so MountainGate was hidden up in the hills and absolutely gorgeous! We had some crazy requests but Bridget and her team made it all happen. The service was spectacular, the bartenders were amazing and the venue was to die for!!! As our friends say we had our fairy tale wedding and could not be any happier. Thank you MountainGate and Bridget and her team for the best wedding ever :).

Tami · Married on 08/05/2012

I want to thank you once again for everything you and your staff did to make Dana and Itay's wedding day so very special and memorable. There were absolutely no glitches or issues with the country club and your staff. From set up to tear down everything proceeded smoothly and efficiently. The terrace, especially at night, was absolutely magical and more than one guest commented that they felt they were experiencing a wedding celebration in the European countryside. I will happily recommend Mountaingate Country Club and the staff to anyone who inquires and will voluntarily promote the venue at every opportunity. Tami Schnitman, mother of the bride.