Mount Sunapee Reviews

Mount Sunapee 7
  • Angela

Angela · Getting married on 09/14/2019

The Best place!

This venue was the first place I went to look at and I booked it right away. The price was low compared to other research I had done and the quality was great.
    The whole team was incredibly accommodating. My family kept talking about the servers and how great they were. Laura was phenomenal the day of and had all of the details arranged for a smooth day. We had the best time and our family and friends can't stop raving about the wedding.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Mount Sunapee's reply:

Thank you Angie, it was our great pleasure to be a part of your special day! We wish you many years of happiness and hope to see you back at Mount Sunapee soon. All the best!
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 10/13/2018

Nothing Less Than Perfect!

I cannot say enough good things about our wedding experience with Mount Sunapee Resort!! I happened to hike this mountain a couple years back, saw the benches at the summit ceremony spot, and just fell in love with the view...I knew this was the place! Though it is not an inexpensive venue, it is absolutely a dream to have started our journey as a married couple at the top of the mountain. Lynda and Pipere are awesome to work with, answering all of my questions promptly through email, and following up with me to keep me on a timeline through all of the wedding crazy. Lynda, Mel, and staff did an amazing job with the setup and coordinating beforehand and the day of, so that all I had to do was show up and my day went flawlessly! They require you to cater through them, but the food is also delicious!!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Mount Sunapee 13
    Mount Sunapee 14
    Mount Sunapee 15
    Mount Sunapee 16
    Mount Sunapee 17

Mount Sunapee's reply:

It was our great pleasure Haley! We wish you many years of happiness and look forward to seeing you at Mount Sunapee through the years. All the best!

Patty · Married on 09/28/2018

My daughter's wedding was fabulous! The staff at Mount Sunapee was easy to work with, flexible, professional and creative! The guests were amazed by the beautiful reception space.

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Mount Sunapee 18
    Mount Sunapee 19
    Mount Sunapee 20

Mount Sunapee's reply:

It was our great pleasure Patty! We wish your daughter and new son in law many years of happiness. All the best!

Mike · Married on 09/23/2018

Incredible Setting and Team

My husband and I held our wedding at Mount Sunapee Resort, and we could not have had a better experience. We first encountered Mount Sunapee Resort on Wedding Wire, and we were intrigued both by the incredibly positive reviews as well as the slightly lower price point compared to our other top contenders. The day we visited the location and met Pipere and Lynda in person, we knew that this was the place and the team for us.

Throughout the year-long planning process, Pipere and Lynda were fantastic resources. They were responsive, thoughtful, thorough, and upbeat, and we knew early on that we were in good hands. Especially given how many weddings they organize each season, it’s remarkable that they remained so attuned and proactive as our advisers and collaborators to make sure we would have the wedding we wanted.

During the wedding, Pipere and Lynda were fantastic at shepherding us and keeping us to schedule without taking away from any given moment, and they knew how best to accommodate small deviations as needed. The staff treated our guests incredibly well and were so welcoming. Our wedding was on the larger side and we had the interactive stations for dinner (the fan favorite was the mashed potato bar!), and even so we received consistent compliments on the speed and friendliness of the service throughout the night.

While the location itself is a bit far from major airports and the more rural location (paired with spotty cell reception) limited ridesharing services like Lyft, we felt it was worth it for what it offered in views and overall ambiance. We were treated to stunning vistas during our ceremony at the top of Mount Sunapee – accessible via a 12-minute chairlift ride – and when we returned to the two-floor lodge, we enjoyed a beautifully decorated interior, with charming arrangements of lanterns, candle chandeliers, tables, and accessories.

It goes without saying that we would highly recommend Mount Sunapee Resort, both for its natural beauty and for its top-notch organizers and staff. Thank you for all that you do!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Mount Sunapee's reply:

Thank you Mike, it was our great pleasure to be a part of your special day! We wish you many years of happiness and hope to see you back at Mount Sunapee soon. All the best!

Kyla · Married on 09/08/2018

Absolutely perfect day! The venue and view were exactly what we were looking for. The staff was incredible and made the process as painless as a wedding could be! Would recommend to anyone looking for wedding with a mountain flair

Sent on 10/10/2018

Mount Sunapee's reply:

It was our great pleasure Kyla! We wish you both many years of happiness. All the best!

Carolyn · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing, exceeded all expectations!

We had the best wedding on 9.2.18! This venue was the perfect spot to get married and exceeded all expectations. Pipere and Lynda were SO helpful along the way, and made sure everything went smoothly for us on our big day. The day of the wedding, they made sure to keep us on time, while also keeping us calm. They clearly know what they're doing at this resort, and made our wedding dreams come true. We got lucky that the weather was on our side because riding the chairlift up the mountain was one of the highlights of our wedding. The views were beautiful, the food was great, and the venue fit up to 250 people if we needed. Another great perk is that you have a couple great hotels nearby, and a nice after-party bar, all within a mile of the venue. This is the PERFECT spot to get married in NH, and I highly recommend it!!!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Mount Sunapee's reply:

It was our great pleasure Carolyn! We wish you many years of happiness and look forward to seeing you at Mount Sunapee through the years. All the best!

Christina · Married on 08/31/2018

I cannot say enough good things about this place! We had our wedding there on Friday and it was absolutely stunning. Lynda and Pipere were so helpful and responsive through the whole planning process, which made planning the wedding from AZ relatively painless. We chose to have the summit ceremony and it was absolutely worth it. Our guests were from all over and were blown away by how beautiful the area was. The actual venue is so beautiful- Lynda and Pipere did an amazing job decorating and incorporating our personal decorations. The food was outstanding as well! We chose the buffet- I highly recommend the carving station. At the cocktail hour, guests commented how nicely the food and coffee stations were laid out/passed out. The lodge is gorgeous with the exposed wooden beams and twinkle lights. We are SO happy we chose this place- perfect in every way!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Mount Sunapee's reply:

It was our great pleasure Christina! We wish you many years of happiness and look forward to seeing you at Mount Sunapee through the years. All the best!

Chelsi · Married on 08/25/2018

Our wedding at Mount sunapee resort was a dream come true! Not only is the summit ceremony absolutely breathtaking, and the lodge reception also stunning, the staff and coordinators Lynda and piper were so amazing to work with every step of the way! They were so helpful with every and anything we needed that day and all the days leading up to it! Dropping off the decorations the night before I felt so confident in leaving everything in Lynda’s hands and she went above and beyond our expectations! The food was also very good and a lot of people complimented on it. People were referring to our venue as a hidden gem saying they didn’t know about it and how perfect everything about it was! I will be recommending this place to any and everyone who is looking for a venue for their special day! Once again Lynda and Pipere and the mount sunapee staff thank you so much for making our wedding day perfect

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Mount Sunapee 27
    Mount Sunapee 28
    Mount Sunapee 29

Mount Sunapee's reply:

It was our great pleasure Chelsi! We wish you many years of happiness and look forward to seeing you at Mount Sunapee through the years. All the best!

Laurel · Married on 07/15/2018

I cannot say enough for how fantastic each and every staff member of Sunapee was to work with. From the coordinators, to chair lift staff to wait staff, every employee was professional and responsive and friendly to work with and towards my guests. Mount Sunapee truly is a magical place to get married and celebrate. Our day went off without a hitch with the coordinators adapting quickly whenever needed so no stress or conflicts ever made it to me. I could not recommend Mount Sunapee for your events more!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Mount Sunapee's reply:

It was our great pleasure Laurel! We wish you many years of happiness and look forward to seeing you at Mount Sunapee through the years. All the best!

S · Married on 07/14/2018

Lynda and Pipere put an incredible amount of thought into making our wedding day special. We were very set on having the summit ceremony while the weather forecast showed a high likelihood of thunderstorms. Knowing how much we wanted to have our ceremony on the mountaintop, they waited as late as they could..the day of our wedding...to make a decision, which allowed us to go up to the summit. They also have a huge amount of decorations available at the base lodge to transform the space for the reception. We brought a surplus of our own decor, but we honestly didn't really even need them. All of our guests were so charmed by the indoor space and the view from the summit took everyone's breath away. The food was also amazing...we would HIGHLY recommend including the filet. The bar has some restrictions given NH laws, but they were very accommodating and allowed us to come up with our own personal cocktails (decorated with rosemary sprigs). The venue also allowed us to have a traditional ceremony in the lodge, and the dance floor set the perfect stage to showcase this event. All in all, we are so happy to have picked this venue, and our guests have repeatedly told us that the summit ceremony was just unforgettable.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Mount Sunapee's reply:

It was our great pleasure Soorin! We wish you many years of happiness and look forward to seeing you at Mount Sunapee through the years. All the best!

Alexandra · Married on 06/21/2018

Mount Sunapee Resort was a great wedding venue. The staff was easy to work with and I was comfortably able to plan the wedding despite being in an advanced degree program at the same time. They thought of everything and supplied so many little details; like fun props to take photos with, extra centerpiece decorations, and baskets to collect cards-all details I didn't have time to plan. Besides the helpful staff, the venue is breathtaking. The chairlift to the top is an amazing experience for guests (even the grandparents loved it). The lodge and outdoor patio were both such relaxed and fun environments for the reception. Many people told us it was the best wedding they had ever attended and we think so too!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Mount Sunapee's reply:

It was our great pleasure Alex and Brandon! We wish you many years of happiness and look forward to seeing you at Mount Sunapee through the years. All the best!

Courtney · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband and I got married at Mount Sunapee Resort earlier this month and it truly was the BEST day of our lives!! We would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have a great, memorable, STRESS-FREE wedding day. Lynda, Pipere and Megan were absolutely phenomenal from start to finish and had every detail down to a science the day of!!!! They were so quick to respond to every little question I had over the 8 months of planning. Even responding to my emails late at night or over the weekend. My husband and I decided to do a buffet and we did not try the food until the weekend before the wedding. We were VERY happy with the food. It was SO DELICIOUS!! The service was incredible. All of the staff were so professional. Making sure my husband and I were happy every step of the way. They even hand delivered food and drinks while we were taking pictures after the ceremony. Lynda, Pipere and Megan kept everything moving smoothly and handled everything so that we could enjoy our day. Every interaction with these ladies months prior to the day of the wedding was pleasant. Again, our guests could not stop raving about their overall experience--the views, the food and the staff, getting married here was the best decision we made! Thanks so much Sunapee!

Sent on 05/28/2018
    Mount Sunapee 30
    Mount Sunapee 31
    Mount Sunapee 32

Mount Sunapee's reply:

It was our great pleasure Courtney and Bill! We wish you many years of happiness and look forward to seeing you at Mount Sunapee through the years. All the best!

miranda · Married on 10/13/2017

I cannot even begin to explain how amazing this venue and staff is. My husband and I got married here 10/13/17 and we had been working with Lynda Cioffi from the day we signed the contract till the day of the wedding and she was outstanding. Linda made sure we always felt listened to, understood and that our ideas mattered, she went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I emailed back and forth with Lynda weekly for the entire year and she assisted with any question I had in a timely manner. We had a timeline throughout the year and Lynda was sure to remind me of any decisions that needed to be made and supported me while making them. During the seating chart process Lynda supplied us with a program called social tables that made the entire process seamless! The day of the rehearsal I realized I had completely forgotten about centerpieces for the cocktail tables and Lynda managed to supply me with some votives last minute, she was an angel and made my day so memorable. 10/10 recommend this venue and specifically Lynda Cioffi, they truly don’t make wedding/event coordinators like her anymore.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Mount Sunapee's reply:

Thank you again for choosing Mount Sunapee! It was a great pleasure working with you. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. We wish you all the best in the years to come!

Alexandra · Married on 09/23/2017

We got married at Mt. Sunapee in September and have been looking for the right words to say for a review but have yet to find them – even a month later! We got engaged 9 months to the day before our wedding. We went for a tour of Mt. Sunapee during the ski season and put a deposit down right away (without even seeing the view from the summit!!). We knew that the ceremony site was gorgeous from photos from other brides and the lodge was also wonderful – we booked Mt. Sunapee after only looking at one reception area. We knew this location was for us. Honestly, if you are looking for a unique, gorgeous, and truly amazing place to get married - look no further. Throughout the wedding planning process, we were kept informed, on target and calm with the help of Lynda and Pipere at Mt. Sunapee Resort. They always went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of - from phone calls to answering my questions to helping work with other vendors. The wedding week came and we met with Pipere and Lynda to drop off all of our decor items. I am honestly a type A person and pretty picky about most aspects of my life. I was sure there was no way anyone would be able to execute my dream exactly how I wanted it - boy was I wrong. Lynda and Pipere literally got absolutely everything right. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and our dream was realized. They were so calm and so helpful throughout the entire process and especially during our wedding weekend. I cannot thank them enough for their hard work and calming presence. Mt. Sunapee itself is a spectacular place to get married and even just visit. Our guests were blown away by the food, the experience of going up the mountain on a chair lift, and of course the most breath-taking views from the summit. Mt. Sunapee is SO unique in that there is so much natural beauty and you can have a laid back outdoorsy wedding but you can also have a very fancy wedding if you’d like it as well. We opted for a wedding that totally encompa

Sent on 11/08/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 07/08/2017

The staff in general and Lynda Cioffi in particular were extremely communicative, flexible, responsive and easy to work with. On the day of our daughter's summit wedding, the weather was very iffy but Lynda kept positive energy and the sun came out in perfect timing. We were thrilled with the professionalism and smooth operations of the entire resort. Definitely a top-notch flexible organization. Thank you!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Mount Sunapee's reply:

Thank you again for choosing Mount Sunapee! It was a great pleasure working with you. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. All the best, Pipere and Lynda

Conor · Married on 07/08/2017

Lynda, Pipere and Marina were amazing to work with! They were very responsive to all requests and questions we had before the wedding. Having the ceremony at the summit was amazing. The food was extraordinary and they set up all the decorations and everything we had planned for perfectly. It could not have gone better!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Jesse · Married on 07/02/2017

Our experience working with Mount Sunapee Resort for our wedding was simple, easy, and everything we could have asked for. When searching for venues, we found that each place we looked at seemed to have a few things that we liked, and a few things that we weren’t crazy about. When we looked at Mount Sunapee, we were both able to walk away with nothing but positive thoughts, it was an obvious pick. They were easily able to support our larger wedding (invited around 190-200, ended up with about 150-160), and they gave us plenty of options. We were married outdoors at the base of the mountain, but you can also have the option to get married at the top, or if it rains there is also plenty of room inside the lodge, which features really nice wood paneling and lighting. We were comfortable with the choice weather it rained or not. We went with a buffet style food, although they do offer plated dinners as well, and we thought the food was amazing. With both of us having plenty of picky eaters in our families, we didn’t hear a single bad thing about the food, in fact, we heard about how good it was from our guests as they were leaving. In terms of lodging, there are two gorgeous hotels, along with a great pub right at the base of the mountain, and both of them (they are connected) gave us room blocks for the wedding. The staff is very friendly and made it super easy, they responded to all of our questions and concerns, they walked us through everything step by step, they set the venue up and broke it down for us, and overall just made us feel really happy and good about the place that we chose. I would recommend this venue to anybody for any event.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Justin · Married on 07/01/2017

Mount Sunapee provided an awesome venue for our wedding! The staff was so kind and flexible, and very understanding to all our needs.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Mount Sunapee's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It was our pleasure to host your special day! All the best, Pipere and Lynda

Kristen · Married on 06/30/2017

We are extremely happy we chose Mt. Sunapee as our wedding venue! The views are amazing up there. And no matter what weather you get, every ceremony setting is beautiful. Lynda and Piper were awesome to work with! They answered all of our questions leading up to the wedding day, and never made us feel like we were a bother. (And I am sure meanwhile they had other couples’ sending emails/calling with similar questions). They had patience with us and even helped to guide us in the right direction when we needed help/input.

The resort is decorated beautifully for a wedding. I loved how the team set up my centerpieces and decorations. It was nice that they took care of the setting up for us!

I loved the food! And to be quite honest, I don’t say that often when I go to weddings.

I would 100% recommend Mt. Sunapee to future couples!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Mount Sunapee's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! Lynda and I loved working with you and Than and seeing your special day come together. We wish you many years of happiness! All the Best, Pipere and Lynda

than · Married on 06/30/2017

The experience was great! Linda & Pipere were responsive, professional, and easy to work with. Even though the weather didn't cooperate, the staff handled things in a seamless manner and we had a great time!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Mount Sunapee's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It was our pleasure to host your wedding. We enjoyed working with you and meeting your families. All the best, Pipere and Lynda

S · Married on 06/10/2017

If I could give Mt. Sunapee and the staff 6 stars I would! The entire staff at Mt. Sunapee were amazing! Lynda and the crew listened to me and took my ideas and made them into reality. It was a great feeling knowing I did not need to worry about a thing! I would recommend them for any function!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Mount Sunapee's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We loved working with you and thank you for choosing Mount Sunapee for your special day! All the Best, The Mount Sunapee Staff

Kit · Married on 10/23/2016

Wedding Theme - The Super Hero wedding! The wedding party, parents, and guests were so appreciative and impressed with our wonderful celebration. Linda made everyone feel comfortable and welcomed. She went the extra mile to be sure even the wait staff was 'dressed' in super hero masks. The staff brought out hot cocoa to the wedding party as they waited outside in the bitter cold winds for the photo shoot to be completed. Mt. Sunapee is a wonderful venue with terrific staff and they certainly went the extra mile to be sure Jill and Drew had the best celebration on their special day!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2016

Amazing venue. Reasonably priced. Staff was awesome!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Mount Sunapee's reply:

Thank you, it was our pleasure to serve you!! If you could please tell me what day you were married so we know who is writing the review we would greatly appreciate it. We wish you all the best in the coming years!

Rebecca · Married on 09/11/2016

We had an amazing experience having our wedding at Mount Sunapee last September (2016). Everyone was great to work with and they made our day so easy.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Mount Sunapee's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We enjoyed working with you and Justin and wish you years of happiness! All the best, Pipere and Lynda