Mount Hope Farm Reviews

Mount Hope Farm 5
  • Jessica

Jessica Dutka · Married on 06/07/2019

Dream Wedding

We got married at the Cove Cabin at MHF on 6/7/19 and it truly was our dream wedding. Everyone who works there is super upbeat and friendly. Emily and Liana were so helpful! Any questions that we had were answered really fast and they were incredible throughout the whole experience. They helped us every step of the way and sent out wonderful reminders to us as well. All of our guests have commented on how beautiful the site was and how awesome everyone was. The combination of the woods with the beach was exactly what we were looking for! It truly was a magical experience and I would HIGHLY recommend have an event here.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Ashley · Married on 09/15/2018

We just got married here on 9/15/18, and the venue was amazing. Kacey and the rest of the staff were super responsive & helpful with everything. The food from Morin's was delicious & most of our guests commented on how good it was. There is no other location like Cove Cabin - I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Kimberly · Married on 07/22/2018

I am so happy we picked Mount Hope Farms Cove Cabin. It was everything my husband and I imagined our wedding to be. The grounds are beautiful and the view is even more amazing. We loved working with the event planner Paige. She responded to me very quickly and was extremely helpful. In addition, Russell Morins food is amazing. You can’t go wrong with Mount Hope Farms as your wedding venue!

Sent on 08/23/2018
    Mount Hope Farm 6
    Mount Hope Farm 7
    Mount Hope Farm 8

Marianne · Married on 07/06/2018

"Mount Hope Farm was the perfect place to hold my son's rehearsal dinner. The grounds were green and well maintained, and the barn had character (in the best way!). Most importantly, the staff at Mount Hope Farm made it easy to coordinate this event remotely. Although I wasn't there in-person to ensure things were going as planned, I never felt as though I needed to be. They were thorough and professional, and I felt like I could trust them with the details of this important day. Once the celebration came, the on-site staff carried on this level of professionalism. They were attentive to our every need, and ensured our guests had an evening to remember! The catering by Russel Morin was delicious and plentiful. A microphone for speeches might have been helpful. This event space wil make the perfect backdrop for your photographer.

Sent on 07/12/2018
    Mount Hope Farm 9
    Mount Hope Farm 10

Andrea · Married on 08/05/2017

We were lucky enough to book the entire property for our August wedding. We had our rehearsal dinner in the Barn and wedding at Cove Cabin. Our entire wedding party stayed on site and Mt. Hope Farm staff was super accommodating throughout the whole weekend. The property manager (Vicki) helped me and my guests with odds/ends and made us a fantastic breakfast Saturday morning. We really appreciate everyone's help and our guests fell in love with the Farm just like we had on our first visit. Can't wait to go back for our anniversary!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Allison · Married on 06/17/2017

Mount Hope Farm was a perfect back drop for our wedding. We got married at their Cove Cabin location, which is a small cabin, which sits next to a large field and is right on the bay. Our wedding was 60 people, so we were able to have it inside the cabin with dancing on the deck, if your wedding was any bigger, you would need to rent a tent to have the reception on the lawn (you could still use the cabin for cocktail hour).

We loved the rustic feel of the cabin and it fit perfectly with our theme for the day. To get to the cabin, you need to drive a mile and a half from their other venue (the barn), but the drive is breath-taking, down a tree-lined path.

Everyone we worked with was wonderful from start to finish. You do need to use their caterer Russel Morin, but they are great to work with as well, the food is amazing, and they help you plan a lot of things along the way.

I don't think we could have picked a more perfect venue! :)

Sent on 07/06/2017

Ev · Married on 10/01/2016

I saw one other place before stepping foot into Mount Hope Farm and once I did there was no going back. I decided to have my reception in the Barn and just amazing. From the atmosphere to the decor to the amazing staff! Mount Hope Farm works with Russell Morin Catering and so glad they do because it made my job that much easier in not finding a catering place, but above all Russell Morin was just AMAZING. They entities work together and let me tell you, they took my vision and made is a reality!! The grounds are beautiful for pictures, the Barn was just right for 100 guests which made it intimate but enough room for everyone to have a great time dancing! You guys are truly great!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Katie · Married on 09/17/2016

We had the most beautiful wedding at Cove Cabin at Mount Hope Farm. Our coordinator Courtney exceeded our expectations and made for an incredibly seamless day. We felt like we formed a real relationship with Courtney and were so appreciative of how well taken care of we were. All of our guests commented on how gorgeous the venue was. We have such amazing memories there and would absolutely recommend this venue to another couple.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Kristina · Married on 07/30/2016

Mount Hope Farm was the first place we took a look at and the last! Nothing could beat this location. It is the absolute, best place you could have a wedding, especially if you are looking to add your own touches and not have a wedding that seems like all the rest. We had a clambake there and the combination was just perfect. HUGE shout out to Lynell and the staff for being absolutely flawless. We can't find one thing that went wrong! They were supportive and responsive from start to finish. Book here for a wedding your friends and family will rave about.

Sent on 08/06/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/02/2015

Amazing. What a perfect place. I only wish that their list of venders was a bit bigger, but I did completely understand. I couldn't of been happier with the service. People. Venue.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Cassie · Married on 09/05/2015

We recently had the pleasure of having our wedding at Mount Hope Farm. It was an intimate event (about 50 people) and we held it in the gardens and the barn on site. The location is absolutely stunning in early September. The grounds were well groomed and provided numerous wedding photo opportunities. We did not pay for the mosquito spraying and no one seemed to notice if there were any mosquitoes that night.

During the planning and execution process, we worked with Alicia, Lynell and Casey. Casey was our day of coordinator with Russell Morin and she is a miracle worker. All three ladies are professional and extremely good at what they do. You can tell they are passionate about their work and that they want their couples to be happy.

Mount Hope Farm was on the high end of our budget for a venue ($4k) but the value was absolutely there when you factor in location, quality of service, quality of food and just how amazing our wedding turned out. The only drawback is that the venue rental does not include any tables or chairs but you can rent them through Mount Hope Farm for a discounted price. Also, they have an exclusive catering partnership with Russell Morin and their proposals do include linen, dinnerware, glassware, etc.

I would highly recommend Mount Hope Farm to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Mount Hope Farm feels like a special venue the moment you arrive. The incredible property has a comforting sense of history, personality and natural beauty. We were struck by the breathtaking setting of Cove Cabin, as well as the warm and cozy Governor Bradford House, where our wedding party stayed.

Alicia and her team made us feel at home throughout the planning process and during our stay at Mount Hope. Their professionalism and attention to detail are impressive, and made our time at Mount Hope feel easy and enjoyable. We feel lucky and look forward to returning to visit the venue in years to come!

We recommend Mount Hope Farm to all who are looking for a beautiful and memorable setting for any important occasion!

Sent on 05/30/2015

This was the perfect setting for my Spring Wedding. We had our ceremony outside in the garden behind the inn, cocktail hour outside and the reception in the barn. Everything flowed beautifully and it was so nice to have everyone in our place, not driving from place to place. The wedding party stayed in the inn on the farm and guests stayed at the Bristol Harbor Inn.

I had the perfect wedding and have Alicia and the whole team at Mount Hope Farm to thank!

Sent on 05/15/2015

We had family and friends stay with us at Mount Hope Farm for our wedding weekend. The venue was a lovely place for us to get to spend some extra time with each other. And David's breakfasts are AMAZING!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Keri · Married on 09/28/2014

Everyone at Mt. Hope Farm was amazing to collaborate with for our wedding. They are so professional and beyond communicative. We are so happy we chose their venue for our special day!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Heather · Married on 05/31/2014

We loved everything about Mount Hope Farm from the moment we laid eyes on it. It seems like every week something new is in bloom on their perfectly manicured property. Flowers, trees, ponds, chickens, sheep, and little goats- it was exactly what we were looking for! We rented out all of the rooms on the property for our wedding (eleven total)to house our immediate Family. We used the Gardens behind the main house for our Ceremony and Cocktail Hour and then moved on to the Barn for our reception. Everything was perfect, and luckily for us the weather was too! We danced the night away inside the barn after eating the most delicious meal ever (by Russell Morin Fine Catering). I cannot speak highly enough of the beauty of this property but in addition to that, the staff is AMAZING. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day the most perfect day it could have been. Guests raved about the setting and the service and we are so pleased with everyone we encountered. We look forward to returning there for many anniversary trips!

Sent on 09/02/2014

We were married on the grounds and reception in the bar. It was perfect. Everyone enjoyed themselves.
    Besides the tour and collecting the check I never saw the man who was "in charge" that was a bit disappointing but the rest of the staff where so friendly and professional.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Not only was the farm absolutely beautiful, the event staff was great as well. They had ideas on how to make my wedding unique and coordinated with the catering company to make sure the reception looked exactly the way that I wanted it. Even the grounds crew made sure that we had everything we needed to step up for the wedding! We found that the value of the venue rental was very good for what you received. Having the Inn on the property was a great add-on for us!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Kathy · Married on 09/14/2013

We had our wedding at the cove cabin and had a tent for the reception. It was gorgeous! We are still receiving compliments about our wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Maria · Married on 09/07/2013

We had our wedding at the Cabin Cove, which is absolutely beautiful. It is off the beaten path of bristol so you'd never know it was down there. The arrival is amazing as you wind down the drive past the ponds and fields to get to the cove. The Mt Hope Bridge and the water is the perfect backdrop. The cedar grove was perfect for our ceremony...simple and elegant. The cabin was amazing for cocktail hour. Luckily we had great weather and the whole building opens up so it becomes more of a pavillion. And the lawn was great for a pretty large tent, with enough space outside the tent by the water to do a simple haybail sitting area.
    We recommend this place 110%!!!!!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Christine · Married on 07/20/2013

I was married at Mt. Hope Farm on July 20, 2013, utilizing the barn for our ceremony and the cabin (with a rented tent on the field) for our reception. My husband and I knew we wanted a unique venue, either on the water or in/by a barn, and we got the best of both worlds with this stunning venue. Everyone we worked with here was so pleasant and helpful, particularly David Rubino, the innkeeper. Throughout the planning process, I emailed him often with dozens of questions about the inn itself and the surrounding area and he was always quick to respond with a helpful answer. For the weekend of the wedding, he cooked us delicious breakfasts and even changed the breakfast menu to accommodate our "health conscious" guests. When it rained just before our wedding ceremony, he dug out umbrellas to give to our wedding party and guests and helped escort our wedding party from the inn to the barn under umbrellas so we wouldn't get wet. Our biggest complaint is two wedding coordinators came and left in the year prior to our wedding; and the second coordinator we were working with left two weeks before our wedding weekend, without notice. It didn't effect our day at all, but it was certainly something we didn't wish to deal with so close to our event. Otherwise, I highly recommend Mt. Hope Farm, for a beautiful location and for the great people that run the place!

Sent on 02/21/2014

Dan · Married on 07/19/2013

I originally found this venue online without seeing it or knowing anything about it, and it ended up being the most beautiful place i could have hoped for my wedding. Not only was the entire venue beautiful, Jennifer Bristol was wonderful and made the whole event flow very smoothly. We had a minor hiccup when about a week before the wedding the previous event coordinator left the company but Jennifer took over seamlessly. The day we got married was very hot and she even paid to put out water and fresh lemonade for our guests during the ceremony. They even let us set up the night before so that we didn't have to scramble to get everything ready the day of the wedding. Definitely stay at the Inn on the grounds if you get married here but it does book up very far in advance. Overall I would highly recommend this venue for its natural beauty even though its a little pricey.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Nicole · Married on 07/13/2013

I really cannot say enough great things about this venue....it is amazing! We visited last October and just fell in love right away and had to have our wedding at the Cove Cabin location, no question. Our guests were also very impressed with the location and the management of the property. Jennifer was so wonderful to work with and accommodating with any requests that I had or help that I needed.

Sent on 09/26/2013

BEAUTIFUL! The Cove Cabin turned out perfect for our wedding of 55. The sunset and moon over the water were an unexpected, breathtaking surprise.

Sent on 07/14/2013