Mount Hope Estate & Winery Reviews

9 | Manheim, PA

9 Reviews for Mount Hope Estate & Winery

Patricia Maloney · Married on 10/26/2019

Beautiful, relaxed, and perfect for our Halloween wedding!

Mount Hope was the perfect venue for our Halloween wedding. It was convenient to be able to have the ceremony and reception in one place and there were so many beautiful areas to choose from for both. The staff was great and made planning so easy.

Sent on 01/04/2020

Mount Hope Estate & Winery's reply:

We loved celebrating with you and Carlos! The amount of personality you put into all the details of your wedding is sure to make it memorable for all. Thanks again for letting us be a part of your day.

Melanie · Married on 09/08/2018

We were married at their Feasting Glen near the PA Ren Faire. It was absolutely so much fun. The food, entertainment, and music were so wonderful. Our only issue was the amount of bees, but they can't personally control that. The people they sent to help were so polite and very helpful when I accidentally spilled red wine all over the place. (Thank god for a black wedding dress.) The setting was so cozy for the small group we had, and I would do it all again if need be.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Karen · Married on 07/28/2018

I cannot say enough good things about the beauty of the venue, the helpfulness of the staff and my overall experience. My daughter's bridal shower was the first even at this venue; therefore, I was expecting a few hiccups, but I can honestly tell you there was NONE! Every guest was so impressed with the beauty of the place. I highly recommend this venue to everyone. I was asked to give any constructive criticism and there was none to offer!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Sue · Married on 08/17/2014

Everything from the beginning planning stages to the final minutes of my daughters wedding day were perfect. Teresa the events planner for Mt Hope was absolutely fantastic, answered any and all questions quickly and completely. She was even at the wedding and reception herself to make sure everything ran smoothly. The atmosphere at the gazebo and "feasting glen" were magical, butterflies were everywhere and we were surrounded by some of the largest and most beautiful trees I've ever had the pleasure to be in the presence of. The guests loved the food and drinks that were made available (we had an open bar for all of the wonderful wines & ales that they serve). The entertainment that was provided was fantastic, from a harpist during the marriage ceremony, violinist during dinner, acoustic guitar & vocals to the bagpipes & drums made this a day not soon to be forgotten. To top off this great day the wedding cake that was included was spectacular, it was a beautiful fairy tale castle that was decorated with flowers that matched the colors that the wedding party was wearing. It not only looked good (as most wedding cakes do) but tasted delicious too (as most wedding cakes don't). We were completely satisfied with our day and would NOT change a thing. Thank you Mt Hope for a job very well done!
    Sue Kasper

Sent on 08/26/2014

Rachel Miller · Married on 10/27/2018

Gorgeous hidden gem!

We had my sister in laws anniversary party and it turned out gorgeous. All of our guests were shocked when they walked inside and saw the beauty of the place. Tannille was very accommodating in helping us with setup and the wine that they offer is made right there on site. Our guests are already talking about placing orders for more! Everything was beautiful and laid out so nicely. I highly recommend it for parties or weddings!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Justine Williams · Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding 2019

My husband and I had our wedding at this venue. We used their wine, beer, and cider which was AWESOME. We also used their caterer Divine Swine and the food was amazing. Nicole was awesome and very quick at responding. The day overall, was organized and the venue looked beautiful. Can’t express enough how awesome it was with them. It was decorated for the ren faire and it all tied into the day, I wish I could go back!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Mount Hope Estate & Winery's reply:

Thanks for celebrating with us, Justine! You and Ben were so nice to work with and we're so thankful we got to be a part of it all. :)

chrissy lucas · Married on 09/21/2019

3.0

Dont be discouraged, it is beautiful

So Mount Hope Winery is located on the same property as the PA Renaissance Fair. When i was first looking for venues, i was completely discouraged because i didn't want people dressed up as knights walking around the wedding ceremony. I was completely surprised how beautiful the courtyard and barn were. Once you go, you will fall in love. Fast forward to the wedding, and it was stunning. The venue putted off everything down to the smallest detail. What is really cool is that you have so many different areas- the courtyard, the garage bar, the barn downstairs, and then the upstairs. By having different sceneries in a small area, it was great for the guest. I had the ceremony in the courtyard, and had our guest all around us. I received so many compliments on this because it is unique and so much more personal with all of the guests because they are closer. Then cocktail hour, we opened the garage doors and had an indoor/outdoor vibe, then reception was upstairs of the barn. My husband was super hesitant abut their alcohol, but it was great! They actually had many things i wasn't even aware about until wedding day- adult sippy cups (good souvenir), slushies', so many options for wine, beer, alcohol, and ciders. The bar manager, Mike was great, and always made she my husband and I were happy at all times. I cant say enough good things about this place. Take a look for yourself!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Mount Hope Estate & Winery's reply:

Thanks for the kind words, Chrissy. We were so thrilled to celebrate with you and Lucas as our first wedding in the barn! Your event was beautiful and we wish you nothing but the best!!
  • Kelly

Kelly Shirey · Married on 04/10/2019

Wish We Could Do It All Over Again!

We are so glad we had our wedding at Mount Hope. Taniel and Nicole are so friendly and accommodating that my husband and I felt like extended family. We got married in the mansion and everything was perfect.

We were a little nervous about the different rooms but everything worked out well and everyone had a great time. The best part about the mansion is that half of the décor is already done for you. Each room has so much character that we didn’t want to take away from it so we didn't need to add much decor, which saves a lot of money. We even used the decor they had on each of the fireplaces, which worked out perfectly with our colors.

The Billiard Room where the bar is was a big hit, and it’s at the perfect location because it’s right next to the Ballroom where the dancing is had. Guests can get drinks and still see/know what’s going on if they decide to hang out by the bar. We opted for the beer, wine, cider, and soda package and everyone enjoyed their beverages. I kept seeing them go back for more so you know Mount Hope has some great stuff. The best part was the plastic souvenir cups with lids for wine and cider. No risk of broken glass or spills and our guests got to take them home as a nice favor.

Just be warned there is no A/C. The weather turned out to be perfect for our wedding with it being an actual cool fall day and an even cooler evening. I wouldn't let that deter you though because it's such a beautiful building and it's old so it's to be expected.

Mount Hope was everything we hoped for. They have good wine amongst other beverages, a beautiful venue, great people to work with, and on the plus side, if you don't want the festivities to end, just go to the Renaissance Faire the next day. Taniel & Nicole are more than happy to accommodate you and your guests to make them feel welcomed. There's a hotel right across the street and down the road so there's no reason you can't spend an extra day there if you aren't local.

I will say, I miss being in touch with the girls because we got to spend so much time with them via email or in person. If only we could get married all over again...

Sent on 10/25/2019

Mount Hope Estate & Winery's reply:

Thank you, Kelly! You and Marc were so fun to work with and we loved celebrating with you!

Mansion A/C is on our owner's project radar for sure - so glad you guys had the perfect weather day [and for anyone reading, our Barn venue DOES have A/C :) ].

Come back and visit us soon, please!! You'll always be a part of the family now.

Ei · Married on 10/15/2005

We had a beautiful wedding. We had a Wiccan had-fasting ceremony, performed by an elf.

Sent on 12/18/2013