Mospens Studio Reviews

93 | Clinton, OH

93 Reviews for Mospens Studio

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Carolyn · Married on 08/03/2018

GORGEOUS invitations. AMAZING. I found Mospens Studio after literally months of searching for the best letterpress vendor. I ordered countless letterpress samples from other companies and nothing compared to Mospens. James was incredibly patient & responsive and worked with me to create the most beautiful invitation suite I’ve ever seen. Even the tiny font letterpress is crystal clear. They were also the most affordable which was truly bizarre. This will sound strange but I felt guilty paying what I did for the invitations because I felt like they should have charged me more, a lot more.

This will sound snotty but take it for what it’s worth: I’m admittedly a crazy, Type A bridezilla residing in NYC, planning an extravagant $100,000 black-tie wedding. Anything less than perfect is not good enough...and Mospens Studio is perfection.

Kimberly · Married on 05/27/2017

I am having a beach wedding in the Florida Keys in May 2017 and I wanted to set the tone of an elegant affair by sending my guests a beautiful invitation that went with the "beach" theme. I had explored invitation options on Davids Bridal, Wedding Paper Divas and Vista Print but the choices were ho-hum and really run of the mill. I was tooling around on Pinterest and found the most beautiful invitations I had ever seen from Mospens Studio. I reached out to inquire about pricing and received a response the same day. In addition, every time I contacted them to get different quotes for number of invites, options or whatever, they responded the same day and I never felt pressured to buy from them. I placed my order and I was literally BLOWN AWAY by the invites that I received. I sent them out a few days ago and I am getting calls from people telling me how beautiful they are. One of my guy friends said that our invite was more beautiful than his invite to Barack Obama's 50th Birthday Party. (And this is coming from a guy!!!) I am so happy that I went with Mospens and would HIGHLY recommend them to other brides!!!

Sherri · Married on 10/08/2016

My fiance and I got engaged in February and knew we wanted a wedding this fall. All my planning had (and continues) to be done quick, efficient and with quality vendors. We are planning our wedding in Vermont, a place that is so dear in our hearts and the love of mountains. I've always loved the classic simplicity of Letter Press and knew I wanted to incorporate it somehow, even with the extra cost.

I found Mospens studio on Etsy and ordered samples. I loved what we received, but must admit I was hesitant to order my wedding invitations from afar, not having the ability to meet in person. So before I pulled the trigger with Mospens I tried to find a local paper shop that does letterpress (I live in center city philly so I didn't think it would be too hard). We went to one other studio, spent hours, i thought we were on the right track. Long story short, it didn't work out as the sales person wasn't helpful. My gut kept pulling me back to Mospens, so after what felt like sending 100 questions to James at Mospens via etsy, I put the deposit down and went for it. I had a very good idea of what I wanted, "mocked" it up in PDF and he got back to me very quick.

We tweaked and edited every detail until I was happy. The response was clear and super quick with every communication. We never even spoke on the phone! Not that James wouldn't, but with my work schedule email is easier and they were so clear and concise that I didn't have an urge to pick up the phone to feel that I needed to explain anything further.

I can't express how happy I am with our invitations. I truly hope I have more celebrations in the future that allow me to use James and Michelle's water color work.

I highly recommend them, and if working with a vendor for invites afar worries you, please don't let it. You will get superior service, and I am confident that would not have happened if i went with my local shop.

Alex · Married on 10/01/2016

Great communication and flexibility through the whole process!

We wanted simple, letterpress wedding invitations. We visited a few shops around our area and the prices they quoted us were way too high. Just when I was about to give up on letterpress wedding invites, I found Mospens Studios. They were great and very affordable. I sent them a PDF sample of what I had in mind and within a day or two I received a proof of what the invites would look like. I received the invitations no more than 3 weeks later in the mail. It was very fast and high quality.

Megan · Married on 09/03/2016

I LOVED my save the dates! Michelle was awesome to work with! She took all of my ideas and created a beautiful island map of where my wedding festivities will be held. She even added all of my fiancé and my favorite spots on the island. The artwork was beautiful and I heard nothing but great things from my guests! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Mospens Studio's reply:

Thank you so ever much Megan! You are a GREAT joy to work with with!! xo

Laura · Married on 07/23/2016

James and Michelle created beautiful nautical themed invitations for us! They were delivered in a timely manner and we loved their craftsmanship. I would recommend them to any couple that needs recommendations, especially in the Chesapeake Bay area.

Brandy · Married on 07/04/2016

I'm so happy with the invitations provided by Mospens Studio! They are unique and beautifully handmade. James and Michelle were incredibly helpful and ensured every detail was exactly how we wanted it! Excellent value, quality and responsiveness.

• User6420542 · 2+ years ago

Michelle and her husband James of Mospens Studio created our Save the Dates, Invitations, Thank You Cards and custom labels for our wedding favors and they were perfect! I chose Save the Dates from their gallery, but had custom art created for the Invitations, Thank You's and labels. To their credit, I gave very little art direction, only providing some "inspiration photos" of florals and themes. Having a destination wedding in Hawaii, I was so dissatisfied with the masses' too literal an interpretation of "Hawaii" (think Hula dancing dolls and hibiscus!) and was looking for something a bit more bohemian - a loose interpretation that felt a little more like "us." They NAILED IT!! On top of their talent, they are class act professionals, reliable, responsive and incredibly flexible. So flexible in fact that they were able to accommodate a last minute change of venue right before my invitations went to print!

Mospens Studio did an awesome job with my wedding invitations! My invitations were unique and beautiful- you can tell that this business take a lot of pride in its work! The customer service is outstanding and any questions or concerns I had were answered promptly by James and Michelle. I would definitely recommend Mospens Studio to anyone as your go-to-source for unique wedding invitations and stationery!

James and his wife did an AMAZING job on our invitations. We couldn't be happier! Emailing back and forth with James was a breeze and he was super accommodating to our requests. All of our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful our invitations are! THANK YOU!!!!!

Alesia · Married on 10/25/2014

I ordered my invitations on Friday and had the proof within 24 hours! Their invitations are absolutely stunning and James is so easy to contact and very polite. Great customer service, and great pricing! Would definitely recommend them to anyone and will be using their services in the future.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Mospens Studio's reply:

Alesia, that is so sweet of you! Thank you kindly. You are a great pleasure to work with!

it was so easy to work with them and everything was just beautiful! I received lots of compliments.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Mospens Studio's reply:

Thank you so much! We are grateful for your review and business!!

Caitlin · Married on 07/13/2014

Michelle Mospens created the most beautiful invitations for our wedding! She was very patient through the whole process, and we ended up with gorgeous hibiscus wedding invitations, matching place cards, aloha tags for welcome bags, and response cards that were perfect for our Maui Wedding! You can tell you're working with a professional artist vs having a company mass-produce your invitations. 100% recommend!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Mospens Studio's reply:

Caitlin, We are so lucky to have such a great client like you. Thank you for taking the time to review us! xo

Monica · Married on 03/28/2014

I truly wanted to thank Mospens Studio for making our ordering of wedding invitations such a wonderful experience. Michelle and James were exceptionally easy to work with and the professionalism and product was above and beyond. We fell in love with our seaside star wedding invitations the moment we opened them. They were so beautiful and elegant. Our guest cannot stop raving about them!

Sent on 02/16/2014

Mospens Studio's reply:

Monica, We are so grateful for your amazing review! Thank you so ever much.

Kristin · Married on 09/28/2013

We LOVE our invitations! Mospens Studio not only made my invitations beautiful but customized to our theme and asked for our input along the way. The invitations are wonderful and truly will help make our special day even more amazing. My fiancé can't get over the special customization and effort that went into these. Thank you Michelle and James!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Mospens Studio's reply:

Kristin, Thank you for your kind words! We are grateful for your business.

Lauren · Married on 08/24/2013

My daughter and her fiance gave me the job of doing the initial legwork on invitations. I had a good time looking through all the options, and putting together a folder of about 12 or 15 of my favorites for them to choose from. Secretly, I had already chosen one of Mospens Studio's designs as my real favorite, but placed it randomly in with the others and gave no hint of it. Well, in no time flat, the bride and groom chose the same one -- a lovely painting of a tree in front of a lake that looked about as exactly like the spot where the wedding was held as it might have had it been custom painted for that venue.

Michelle was wonderful to work with on pricing -- which was very reasonable -- and James was a marvel of responsiveness and flexibility. His ability to turn around an order on very little notice was most appreciated.

Highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Mospens Studio's reply:

Lauren, Thank you so ever much for your kind words! We appreciate you and your business. xo

Lorri · Married on 06/30/2013

James at Mospens Studio provided me with our custom wedding invitations! It was a bit of a leap of faith having invitations done online without actually seeing the product! They were amazing! What was even more amazing was how seamless the process was! I would definitely hire him again for future invitations and highly recommend you do the same!
    Lorri - Boston,Ma
    6.30.13

Sent on 10/28/2013

Mospens Studio's reply:

Lorri, Thank you kindly for your amazing review! We appreciate your business.
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2013

My husband and I wanted something special for our wedding invitations. We wanted something that incorporated our theme of green apples, but also our Shih Tzu terrier since he was involved in the proposal. I saw that Michelle and James had other fruits on their website, and perusing through all their Pinterest boards and Facebook pictures I found red apples (which she made green for me). Michelle and James were very accommodating. Incorporating my puppy I thought would be much more difficult. I have had Filly (our dog) drawn before for other stationery, but these were AMAZING! It looked just like him! We were thrilled. Everything turned out perfectly and they even included guest addressing. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants something custom and memorable. They really made the invitations suit our personality which was even more amazing.

They keep your graphic on file in case you want to use the artwork again in the future. I can't wait to receive my new stationery for notes and hopefully soon order a custom print (in my wedding drink, Dark 'n Stormy).

LOVED working with Michelle and James at My Personal Artist!! The product is abosuletly amazing and exactly what I was looking for!!!! Can't wait to send the invitations out so the rest of our guests can enjoy them as well!! Awesome experience and GREAT product!!

Danielle · Married on 05/04/2013

Michelle and James created a unique and beautiful invitation for our wedding day!! It exceeding my expectations and am so appreciative to Michelle for her talented artistry! I love the invitations and cannot wait for our guests to receive them! Thank you Michelle and James ! You are a talented team who provided me with such personal and professional service! Thank you for taking the time via emails and phone conversations until we had our perfect invite!! Xoxoxo

Lindsay · Married on 03/23/2013

Our invitations were absolutely beautiful! They arrived quickly and were were thrilled. I will definitely order from this vendor again in the future!

Eden · Married on 02/22/2013

Michelle and James did an AMAZING job with our wedding invitations. Not only did they come out exactly how we had hoped (just like the sample on their website!), but they had them delivered in record time. This was a HUGE blessing as it's Christmas time, our wedding is in February, and we wanted to make sure our guests received the invites before the New Year. We had them ordered, proofed, delivered and received all UNDER TWO WEEKS - can a bride ask for anything more?? All communication was done via email and their responses were always immediate and thorough - there was no need for us to have to pick up the phone and clarify any information. The actual invitations were beautifully printed on high quality paper, and they managed to squeeze in all the information we had to include for our destination wedding and still make it look elegant and not so busy. We highly recommend them for their services and there's no doubt we'll be using them for any personal stationary needs in the future! ~ Eden and Brian

Christine · Married on 01/19/2013

Wedding planning was very overwhelming for me. A lot of decisions needed to be made and all of them had to be within my budget. My Personal Artist was FABULOUS!!! I contacted them in September and by far has been the BEST vendor I have worked with! I was hesitant to order my invitations online because I wouldn't be able to see them but James was WONDERFUL! He sent me samples, answered all my crazy questions over email and even sent me pictures of different fonts, colors and styles! He was VERY patient. I even asked him for his professional opinion and he he knew exactly what I wanted. When my invitations arrived, they were BEAUTIFUL! All I had to do was stuff, stamp and mail! The responses from my guest was more than what I expected! I would highly recommend My Personal Artist to any bride!

Jaimi · Married on 12/12/2012

Michelle and James were terrific to work with! My daughter's message in a bottle invitations were GORGEOUS! They truly exceeded our expectations. I cannot recommend My Personal Artist enough! Great customer service and fast shipping! A++++ service!