Moshulu Reviews

Moshulu 4
Moshulu 5

Stephanie Mower · Married on 07/30/2019

Moshulu was Everything and MORE

Figuring out our venue was the most troubling part when trying to stick to a budget. After looking into Moshulu, we were amazed that such a beautiful venue had such affordable packages. The concierge and other support staff were very professional and elevated any stresses along the way! Our photo's are stunning and our guests really enjoyed the experience as well! We highly recommend Moshulu for your wedding!!

Moshulu 6
    Moshulu 7
    Moshulu 8
    Moshulu 9
    Moshulu 10
    Sent on 08/04/2019

Samantha · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent choice for Sunday post-wedding brunch!

Our wedding guests loved brunch at Moshulu. The food was great, especially the salmon. Being on a boat was an experience within itself and adds so much character. The event coordinator Jake was phenomenal to work with. Jake made planning a breeze. We are glad we decided on Moshulu for our post-wedding brunch and felt it was the best value in the city.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Suzy Peters · Married on 12/15/2018

All Around Amazing Venue

We recently celebrated our December wedding on The Moshulu and could not have asked for a more hospitable and beautiful venue. From start to finish, the experience was unbeatable. Jake and his team made the planning process so easy and guided us through many of the decisions we needed to make. We were able to drop our decorations off early and the crew set everything up for us! This was so helpful when we had other wedding activities going on in the hours leading up to the wedding. The food and cake was so delicious and beautifully presented. The unique venue with breathtaking views really wowed our guests. I heard again and again how much everyone was impressed with the awesome venue. With having the wedding near Christmas, we also were able to enjoy all the Christmas decorations that the Moshulu used throughout the ship. At the end of the wedding, we were able to just go home and come back the next day for our decorations including my bouquet and the top tier of our cake which they thoughtfully saved for us. Celebrating our wedding at the Moshulu was one of the best wedding decisions we made as they far exceeded our expectations throughout the entire process! They come highly recommended!!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Kim · Married on 05/19/2018

I loved the Moshulu for our reception venue and working with Jake and Jesse was fantastic! They were so helpful, accommodating, and professional! I'm so sad that it drizzled on our wedding day so our guests weren't able to fully experience the beauty and the views from the Moshulu's top deck! The space was still so pretty and open despite being enclosed due to rain, and the tent/side flaps are nice enough that guests can see outside and still view the city, the water, and the Ben Franklin Bridge. The staff members were great and everything worked out perfectly! Our guests loved how unique of a reception venue it was and couldn't stop talking about the location! I love that so much is included in the cost of the venue and that they're willing to make changes to accommodate your wishes!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Allison · Married on 11/12/2016

We just had our wedding at the Moshulu. It was better than I ever imagined. Everyone was so accomodating and responsive to our needs. Jake is excellent and very pleasant to work with. He always responded to our emails right away. Jesse is outstanding as well, he really tries hard to make sure everyone is happy and having a great time. Everyone said how amazing he was. He is very attentive to details and remembering what was important to us. I'm so glad we had our wedding at the Moshulu! It was a wonderful experience of a lifetime!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Edward · Married on 10/15/2016

Everything about this place was fantastic and awesome. We couldn't give the Moshulu a better review. They were very accommodating, the setting and scenery are just beautiful. Jake and Jesse were on top of everything and took care of us the entire night. And on top of all of that, we found the value to be much better than any other place we visited.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Stacie · Married on 09/18/2014

Moshulu was an excellent choice for our wedding dinner! The staff are courteous, accommodating and friendly. The food was excellent and all our guests were pleased. we have eaten at the restaurant many times and will certainly return for anniversaries and special occasions! The location is a perfect setting for photographs as well!

Sent on 09/23/2014

I came to the Moshulu after my wedding was cancelled by the nearby City Tavern. I had already booked my hotel and other services in the Old City neighborhood, and had to quickly find another location for my reception. I'm so glad I picked the Moshulu, as the City Tavern did us a favor! A family member had their engagement party on the Moshulu several years ago, so we knew the food and service would be good. Also, the pricing was about average for other venues (we explored a number of options from hotels to inns to the typical "wedding mills"). There are reviews below that talk about a non-responsive person (Christina) and this was my experience (she wouldn't respond to emails for days if not weeks, then voila, she had left, not even telling her clients about who was taking over). Well, it was good riddance because Chris Baldwin took over as sales manager. His previous position was being in charge of the banquets at the events so he really knew his stuff. We loved working with Chris. He was completely professional, but not slick and phony. He was always calm, pleasant, and had answers for ALL my questions and ALL my emails (and there were a lot). He followed through on everything he said. Everything was planned and arranged as I wanted it. This is a very unique venue, one that your guests won't forget. The spaces have a real character about them. If you love all things maritime, as I do, this is a great spot. There are wonderful views of the river and skyline. And the food -- the food was delicious. Our guests raved about it. The bartenders and servers were great -- they would take order or refill beverages or answer questions always with a smile. This place knows what it's doing when it comes to receptions or large parties. Another great thing about having our wedding there is knowing we can always go back for an anniversary or special occasion and have lunch or dinner there. Chris is the consummate professional! You can trust him with your special day!!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Moshulu was a fantastic venue for our wedding day. Chris Baldwin, the wedding sales manager, was very helpful and accommodating. We had our ceremony outside on the deck and because it was January, Moshulu provided complementary heat lamps to keep everyone warm. The temperature was very pleasant even though it was in the 20s that day.

We had a very small wedding (just 10 guests plus the 2 of us) so we were able to use the Captain's dining room for our meal. The server was very good at his job, attentive but not overbearing.

The open bar and Moshulu's cake added a nice touch to our meal. It was definitely nice to have these things included in our package so we had less to worry about. (We chose not to have a reception because we don't dance but I'm sure they would have had a nice reception as well).

Moshulu was great!

Sent on 02/23/2014

Truth · Married on 08/09/2013

They were amazing and they made my day amazing!!!

I planned my wedding from the other side of the world, with no option to visit my wedding city until 3 days before the day. From that precarious position, I chose the Moshulu for my venue & food. Over a year of emails and plan-changes and updates, they were incredibly responsive (nearly always answering my emails in detail within a day or so, sometimes within hours) and helpful - I haven't attended many weddings and really had no clue what I was doing and they were fantastic.

They were welcoming and sweet for our rehearsal, where my group was boisterous and probably annoying but they were always so accommodating even though we didn't do the dinner there!

They made the wedding day itself like a dream come true, better than I would ever have expected. Amazing service, beautiful premises, every stupid thing I asked was done with a smile (like when I asked for bread because my stomach was a little iffy to eat a real meal, our PERSONAL SERVER!!! brought me warm, soft rolls and artisan butter made in-house.) That personal server, Nick, was fantastic. Husband and I are not fancy people used to being served and at first we felt a little uncomfortable with what amounted to a butler but he put us at ease and by the end of the night, boy were we glad to have him around! If the Moshulu is reading this, GIVE NICK A RAISE AND A BONUS!!

Everyone complimented us on the food and we thought it was wonderful too, not your usual rubber chicken, but unique and rich and delicious. The cake in particular really wowed me, I'm not a big fan of cake and wedding cake nearly always disappoints, but not only was the cake beautiful (EXACTLY the way I wanted it, even though it was a weird design) but it was delicious too.

I was a bride on a budget and I feel like I got so much for my money, all night we were saying how every single penny was well spent. If you are considering Moshulu for your wedding, do not hesitate!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Jenna · Married on 08/10/2012

Amazing! The service exceeded our expectations and the food was incredible. Everything was run perfectly and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure everything was perfect for our wedding!

Sent on 08/12/2012

katherine · Married on 02/18/2012

The best serrvice, food, and ambiance the city can provide!!!!

Sent on 03/09/2012

Terry · Married on 06/25/2011

This is the second time in which I have booked a couple at the Moshulu. Once again not only am I thrilled with the outcome of the wedding but more importantly the Bride & Groom loved everything. Ten days later and I am still receiving emails about the success of the wedding. I will continue to recommend the Moshulu for weddings not only because of the unique atmosphere, but for the high quality of the food and service. Thanks again
    Rachael Farrington

Sent on 07/10/2011

Tallulah · Married on 05/07/2011

LOVE LOVE LOVE! The food was great, the boat is the coolest thing we ever saw! After a long day of hunting for the perfect venue we ended our day at the Moshulu and fell in love. The staff is sooo helpful, and great to work with. They really know what they are doing. They have a back up plan for everything! Just perfect!!!!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Heather · Married on 10/15/2010

My wedding at the Moshulu was absolutely perfect due to the attentiveness and professionalism of the staff. We planned everything from out of state and they made it so easy for us--they were quick and detailed with e-mail correspondence and were willing to meet with us on weekends when we were in the area. The ambiance was formal, yet comfortable and our guests raved about the food and the cake. My husband has food allergies and they were beyond accommodating, even making him a separate cake and providing him with his own special hors d'oeuvres and entree. The banquet manager and our personal waiter were fabulous--they made us feel at ease and took care of everything we needed so we were able to have a thoroughly stress-free evening. I am so glad that we hosted our event there--best decision we could have made.

Sent on 11/06/2010

Kelly · Married on 10/17/2009

I had both my ceremony and reception at Moshulu. From the moment I began planning, up until the day I said I do, everyone at Moshulu was helpful and responsive. Bill Bergan was the sale person who showed me Moshulu and assited me to book the venue. His assist Meghan was there to help me pick my menu, change my menu, and assist me with the flow of my special day. I just want to say thank you to both of them. On the day of Allison was our wedding day coordinator. She was on us all night make sure we had everything we needed, also keeping the behind the scenes moving smoothly! I would highly recommend Moshulu to all Philly Brides!

P.S. Carrot Cake wedding Cake was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted!

Sent on 10/22/2009

Rob · Married on 08/15/2009

We had so much fun at the Moshulu. The immediate family had the rehearsal dinner in the Captain's room and then we moved to the top deck for a welcome cocktail party. Our guests had open bar and passed appetizers. The venue is unique and the staff is amazing. The food is excellent. After the cocktail party, the deck opened to the public and our party continued into the night. The sun was setting and the scene was beautiful. Such a great experience, our guests are still talking about it.

Sent on 10/20/2009

Noor · event on: 05/17/2015

If you want a venue that's unique, gorgeous, has history, and is right on the best views of the city, look no further. My fiancé and I held a slightly larger sized engagement party here, with very much the same elements of a wedding, and the venue blew our minds. We cannot wait for the photos that came out of such a unique venue, our guests had a blast, the food was absolutely amazing (and several of our guests are chefs), the staff is top-notch, all the guests commented on how well they were treated throughout the night. Thank you so much for helping us host the very best event we'd ever been to!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Ying-Lee · Married on 08/24/2012

Beautiful venue, good food, and great service for my wedding! Christina B was wonderful to work with - she was there every step of the way! Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/13/2012

c · Married on 08/21/2010

The Moshulu was a fantastic reception venue. Everyone loved the food, the staff was really friendly and thoughtful, and the cake was delicious (red velvet) and beautiful. We had a fairly easy time planning the reception. They are easier to contact by phone than by email. If you're thinking of having the reception in the Orchid room, the ceilings are low and the tables arrangements are fixed, but that worked out nicely for our intimate wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2010
  • Nuriya

Nuriya Neumann · Married on 05/09/2018

Wedding and 1 year anniversary

My wife and I got married at this beautiful venue last summer and came back a year later for our 1 year anniversary celebration. First of all, the unique setting on the boat creates a truly special, romantic atmosphere and we were lucky to enjoy all the flowers which the Moshulu staff set up for mother’s day! Second of all, the service was great and the food and drinks were phenomenal- we received endless compliments from our guests!
    Finally, Michelle the GM was incredible to work with, she made us feel welcome and valued, and took the time to listen to our feedback from the wedding, inviting us to host our 1 year anniversary at the venue with friends and family.

Photo Credit: Swiger Photography

Moshulu 11
    Moshulu 12
    Moshulu 13
    Sent on 07/06/2019

shaina · Married on 04/12/2008

The ship is beautiful. The food AMAZING. The cake was beautiful. Overall my reception was elegant and classy. LOVED it!

Sent on 11/13/2008

Kristy · Married on 09/16/2006

The Moshulu provided everything we could of ever wanted for our ceremony and reception. The staff was exceptionally helpful and catered to our every need. They made my dreams come true and helped us to create a memory that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 10/04/2008

Eleanor · Married on 06/11/2011

The Moshulu was a dream. It made for a unique wedding venue, which added to my guests' anticipation (including the requisite "I'm on a boat!" references), which added to our own excitement for our day. I'm not sure how a couple of the other reviewers tried to contact the service managers at the Moshulu, but we got pretty prompt replies each time we emailed, and on the two occasions we didn't, a quick follow-up phone call resolved it.

The staff service was very flexible. We had reserved the Bow Deck and the Chart House deck for the reception, but there was a significant chance of rain as the reception approached, so they called and let us know they'd switched our location a bit so that it was now the Bow Deck and the (below decks) Orchid Room. Everything went off without a hitch, and we didn't have to do a thing.

Finally, the quality: our guests could NOT stop raving about the food, especially the suckling pig and the amazing cake. For weeks afterward we got compliments!

Sent on 08/01/2011

We had our ceremony on the Moshulu and loved it. We dealt with Chris throughout the whole planning process and he was awesome. He was responsive and flexible, especially because we kept changing the time. The day of we had Nick as our coordinator. He seemed like he was new, but that only meant he was trying that much harder to do a good job and he really did a great job. We had a rowdy wedding party and he managed them just fine. He catered to me (the bride) and helped in every way he could. Everything ran so smoothly we could not have been happier. Even our guests were amazed at how beautiful and elegant everything was. I highly recommend the Moshulu for your ceremony. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 09/28/2014