14 Reviews for Morris Tent Rentals, Inc.

14 Morris Tent Rentals, Inc. Reviews

The rentals were great and they were very timely for the delivery and pick up. Everything went incredibly smoothly!

Profile Picture User1343931, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Their office staff seems a bit clueless. The set up team was great and in the end we got what we needed and wanted but it was a struggle the whole way through. Really this is the only vendor that made my life more difficult when planning my wedding and causing more stress to planning a wedding shouldn't happen from a vendor like this! Their office team seriously needs to be more organized and know what's going on. I would not recommend them.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

The WORST vendor I have EVER worked with!!! Do NOT use them! I was in contact with Morris Tent Rentals in January 2015 my wedding date was 9/6/2015. At first they seemed to be fine to work with. As I approached closer to my date, which is the Sunday before Labor Day they all the sudden told me that since my wedding date was on a Holiday weekend there was going to be an extra labor cost to deliver and set up my tents and chairs for the ceremony and reception. This is completely unprofessional and should be something you address THE DAY I asked for a quote in January and before I deposited money with your company. I refused to pay the full amount for the holiday weekend costs, so the resolution was for me to pay 1/3 of the extra cost. Now we are 2 weeks from my wedding date and I emailed TWO employees and the Morris Tent Rental Email to get my final invoice FOUR times. I keep getting no answer, so I called. By this time it's 8/28 and my wedding date is 9/6. I finally get a quote. Then the employee who I will not name asks me "How do you want your chairs set up for the ceremony?" I replied back to her ROWS of FOUR. I get to the venue an hour before the ceremony and the chairs are in rows of three. (WHO SITS IN ROWS OF THREE...EVER?) The groomsmen and our families had to go out in the 88 degree weather in gowns and dresses and adjust ALL of the chairs. This is a service I PAID a lot for. I paid for the individual chair set up fee, the labor fees, and the ZONE delivery charges - yet they can't get one thing right. I called the office today because no one answered my complaint. I didn't ask for a refund, but if you really cared about the reputation of your company -- 1. You should start by apologizing for your mistakes 2. May be find some sort of resolution for messing up something so simple. No bride should have to worry this much about TENTS AND CHAIRS. It's absurd and it's also not something anyone should have to deal with on the day of.

Profile Picture User4755668, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We had our wedding in an open park with no buildings at all so Morris Tent helped us turn the park into a great venue. There was no issue at all with changing items and number of guests. With either a phone call or replying to their email I was able to make changes and received a new quote within 24 hours. The one issue we did have was when the tent was set up there was no lights on the order but it looked like a mix up when the company switched systems. The installer called the office and they had someone get the lights and extra table clothes, since we were short two, in a car and drove them the 2 hours from Morris, NY to the park in Nelson, NY. When the got there they went right to installing the lights and we were all set.

Profile Picture User4600555, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We used Morris for our wedding in late June. While they were mostly fine leading up to the date, we had major problems the day of. Our reception was entirely outdoors and ran on generator power. When we went to the venue the day before, the generator was already running, so we asked if we should get a backup to ensure we wouldn’t run out of power. Our wedding planner, who was great, called Morris’ owner, who said we had enough power to last through the reception to the following afternoon. Well, that wasn’t the case. About 15 minutes after the band came on at 10:00pm, the generator ran out of fuel and the power went out. By the band’s resourcefulness, they were able to get power to their instruments. This took 45 minutes, and we agreed to pay the band an extra $500 to stay longer and play their full set list. Another problem was the cooling truck we rented, the taps and CO2 system for the kegs did not work, so we lost ½ of the 2 kegs to foam.

All told, we paid approximately $13,000 to Morris, and we asked for $1305 back, which covered the beer lost, the faulty taps, the cost of renting the generator and the $500 we had to pay the band. That proposal was shot down by the owner and countered with $305, the cost of the taps, lost beer and ¼ the cost of the generator. We countered back with $805. Long story short, it took two months!!! Of calling every single day to their business manager and owner to reach a compromise of $550. By the time that happened, it wasn’t even about the money for us. It was knowing that if roles were reversed, and we had nearly ruined the wedding reception because of the equipment and advice we'd given them, we would have been so wrought with guilt that we'd have been on the phone with the couple the next day to try to rectify the situation and give them money back......

Profile Picture User4342418, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Right up until the deadline Morris was willing to work with us even after we kept changing our minds about what we wanted. We ended up going with a mixture in linen colors and lights to go with the autumn colors outside the tent. Everything was beautiful. The people set the tent up two days in advance giving us plenty of time to move anything around that we needed to. Everyone was a delight to work with and they made our day perfect. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Buddy and Kylie, 10/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Stephanie was so easy to work with! She knew exactly what I needed and helped the whole way.

Profile Picture shauna, 8/24/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Morris tent rentals seemed great when we first received their quote. They were less money than other rental companies and we got quick responses to all of our questions. We had wanted a true sailcloth tent for our outdoor wedding and had even shown them pictures of some we liked. They told us that they had just started renting them and with their cost being lower than the others we went with them. When they came to put up the tent we discovered that it was a typical vinyl tent, not a sailcloth tent at all, with wooden poles. When we called to ask about it they told us "we never said it was a "sail cloth" tent it's our "sail tent". Very deceptive! The guys installed the lights incorrectly and never checked to see if they were working as I had asked. Many bulbs were out and we had to run around purchasing new bulbs and replacing them after the rehearsal dinner. The worst part is that they showed up one day early to pick up the tent (which was only 7 hours after the wedding had ended) and just dismantled it with all of our decorations and table settings still in place. We were also missing several items on the order. The damage waiver of $500 was not returned due to a knife and pilsner glass missing. I would not recommend using Morris for your event due to their deceptive business practices, poor communication, lack of product knowledge and slow response and follow-up.

Profile Picture anita, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

It was a pleasure working with Morris Tent Rental. After the previous company rented my tent out to another business MORRIS CAME THROUGH!!! Every question answered and the tent was up plenty of time before the wedding Thank you guys so much!

Profile Picture Mike, 7/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We rented a tent, dance floor, tables, chairs, linens, silverware, glasses, dishes, and lighting from Morris Tent for our wedding. They were very easy to work with and the quality of their inventory was great. The staff was very flexible and they worked with us up to the last few days before our wedding to finalize exact numbers and items that we needed.

We do not live in the area so the staff was willing to meet with us on a Saturday afternoon. The service we received was exceptional.

The inventory and choices offered to us were extensive. Lydia worked with us to perfect a floorplan to compliment the space we had. We did a mix of different sized tables that ended up working perfectly. Lydia had a lot of knowledge about events and was helpful in organizing the ceremony seating and cocktail hour to make our guests most comfortable.

I was nervous getting married in a location that required us to rent so many items, but Morris Tent made it easy to do. I would highly recommend using Morris Tent for any event, they were great to work with and helped make our wedding beautiful.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 6/23/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Very good company to work with within our local area. The staff was very helpful, professional, and pleasant to work with. They were very reasonable in their pricing and worth the expense should you be responsible for this piece of your wedding planning.

I only rented table linens from Morris, so my experience is limited to that, however they have a variety of rental items to chose from. Specific to my experience, the only negative I would offer is that this vender does not too many linen color/style choices, but we were able to find a color which matched our decor quite well. Also, plan on picking up clean linens and dropping off soiled to their offices following event (which, although I'm unsure if this is standard for other linen rental companies, this is what we did).

Profile Picture Amy, 9/10/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Morris Tent was actually half the estimate we had from another tent company. Very good communication and great cooperation. My only downfall was a tent liner for the inside of the tent was, in my opinion, too high priced.

Profile Picture Jamie Beth, 8/21/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We hired Morris Tent Rentals for our June wedding. I was assigned a new associate who did not have that much experience. She was very easy to work with in the planning process and always responded to me. I also made a number of changes while planning, and as I was planning from another state, they were helpful during the planning stage. My dissappointment however came the weekend of the wedding. They were supposed to contact me prior to setting up, and I did not receive that call. THey were also supposed to call the site to coordinate with our caterer, and I ended up having to do that. The woman I liked and had worked closely with, did not come on site at the time I was there (we were there for several hours). The celing of the tent was dirty and some of the tables were not correctly arranged, although they did fix these issues when we asked. Overall, it was honestly a stressful day being there for the tent set-up and not having the support person there as promised. For $5000, I expected a higher level of service. When I called to speak with Morris that day, the office staff treated me as if I was annoying them and complaining over minor details. Again, having just paid them $5000, I did not appreciate that treatment given that certain aspects of the set-up needed to be corrected. I will say, the tent did look stunning at the wedding and everything came out looking beautifully. Also, as I said they were very easy to work with throughout the planning process and planning with a bride from another state is not easy. However, had I not been there to supervise the tent set-up myself, some things would have been missed. I think had they been more hands on during the tent set-up, our experience would have been different.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/19/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

The staff at Morris Tent rentals is very helpful and professional. If they don't have a picture of an item on the thier website, no problem, they will take one and send it to you. They were always quick to respond to my emails and phone calls, very polite and the prices were great. They are the type of vendor that cares that your event goes off right.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/8/09, 3 Reviews