Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens Reviews

45 | Delray Beach, FL

45 Reviews for Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens

Giselle · Married on 09/22/2018

Where do I start? The place is amazing, the gardens, the lakes, the trees, you can take pictures everywhere. We chose this place because of this but the fact Alana and her crew the day of the wedding and even before that were just amazing made every dollar spend completely worth it. Alana is just a sweetheart, she took care of everything, she helped me calm down when things were not going as planned and reminded me this was my day and I needed to enjoy myself. Her crew was fantastic, the guys are so nice not only to me and my husband but to all of our guests. The food was the best! All my guests keep raving about it....actually they keep raving about the whole night. If you are looking for a venue for your special day, the Morikami with Alana and her crew is the way you want to go ....go for it...you will not regret it

jamie · Married on 02/02/2018

This venue is absolutely gorgeous. Alanna was a fantastic coordinator and helped with so much! The food was amazing and all the guests loved it. The gardens are completely magical and the view was breathtaking.

Dara · Married on 02/25/2017

We are so happy with our choice in venue!!!! The place was amazing and had a magic to it you don't get at other places! The food was phenomenal and Alanna really knows what she's doing when it comes to all things wedding day! We are so thankful for everyone at Morikami who made our day so special! Also, special shout out to Sadie who held both my train and the 2 year old flower girl down the stairs for pictures! You are all appreciated!

Natalie · Married on 02/12/2017

This venue for a wedding ceremony and reception is definitely a top notch beautiful place to host your wedding. All our guests say it's the best wedding they've been to so far. From the food to the staff to the Gorgeous place itself! We are beyond ecstatic that we chose to get married here!!! Our one wish would have been to be a guest at our own wedding!

From the day that my husband proposed to me at one of the Morikami festivals we met right after with the Facilities Rental Manager, Alanna. Upon meeting her, we knew this was the place. She went above and beyond! She not only answered our questions for all the 2 years prior from our initial booking and up to the wedding but she was the "day-of coordinator." She was incredible during the whole event as she was coordinating guests, vendors and my wedding party! I'm not even sure how she was everywhere helping everyone and still somehow attentive to my husband and I. She even found time to bustle my dress!

Another shining star is the Cornell Cafe with Christy and all her staff. They paid attention to all the guests and their food needs as well as making sure my husband and I were fed. And if your worried that you cannot choose another catering company, don't! The food was DELICIOUS! We got the buffet option and oh, man, the guests were beyond happy. The rice was fluffy, the beef was juicy, the sushi options were plenty. Just use them. Have a special request, they will help you find a way to make it work.

So much more positive's to say of the whole evening and of the staff. But I would like to point out one more staff member, Sade. She was Alanna's right hand woman for the evening and was very accommodating always checking in on the bridal party to make sure we stayed hydrated among other tasks.

Overall, the pictures online showing the venue setup does not do justice to what its really like to visualize how special a wedding at the Morikami Museum and Japanese Garden's really is.

Magical wedding venue! Setting, food, staff! Alanna and Melissa are simply the best! It was a destination wedding that was flawless!

• Uju Josh

Uju Josh · Married on 12/03/2016

OMG!!!!!! Where do I begin. When my fiance and I began our process of picking a venue for our special day we narrowed it down to this venue and another one. Once we walked into the Morikami. We were instantly sold on the venue. The natural decor of the lake, the pictures that were shown to us for previous weddings that were done here, the menu items, the list goes on. We met with Alanna and Melissa. They were truly amazing literally every step of the way! We live in NYC and as suspected having a destination wedding can be nerve wrecking but they were amazing with regards to communications and suggestions. I mean I can not say enough how amazing they were. All of our friends and family members still can not stop raving about our wedding. If you can, having your wedding at the Morikami is a no brainer. Do it. I promise that you will have a great time. For Decor we hired a florist. For entertainment we had a DJ but if you have a smaller wedding perhaps I'd imagine that you can fit a band in there. We had 150 guests for our wedding. Considering that we live in NYC, i'd say that was a big number. For Lighting and sound we used two of their recommended vendors. We decided to use one of the Japanese Drummers group as a cocktail hour entertainment for our guests. Thank You Alanna and Melissa for ensuring that Josh and I had the absolute perfect day on our wedding day.

Rodson · Married on 11/19/2016

The venue was magical. It was more than we expected. It was perfect for 105 guests. We had guests coming in from all over the United States and they were very impressed with the setup, the scenic view, and the tranquility of the location. Alanna Keating and her staff were very impressive. She made us and all of our guests feel very welcomed and she was very personable. It's amazing how she was on top of everything, and made it appear so seamless. Everyone told us everything was perfect. We loved it!
    The food was awesome. We had doubts about having a buffet line, but the buffet was actually perfect. There were no long lines, and everyone was satisfied and happy with the food selection and how it was cooked.

TERRI · Married on 10/29/2016

Our daughter just had her Wedding at Morikami last week-end & I can not say nicer things about Alanni and Melissa: the assistance they provided far exceeded or expectations; they were so attentive; so loving and helpful. The facility was so beautiful and it was our DREAM COME TRUE - TO HAVE AN UNFORGETTABLE WEDDING FOR OUR DAUGHTER. I higlly recommend this Venue only if you want an AMAZING WEDDING

Jessica · Married on 07/23/2016

My husband and I got married at the Morikami on July 23,2016. I wish I could give more stars. From the first initial meeting to the tasting to the rehearsal to the wedding was amazing. Alanna and Melissa are absolutely wonderful to work with! They want to make sure everything is perfect for you on your big day. I still have guests talking about how beautiful the wedding was and how stunning the grounds are. The food is top notch! To be honest I have never had such delicious food before. I had guest asking me if they have a restaurant where they can go to dinner and order the same food. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place! Morikami is the best place to have your wedding. I wish I could post pictures just to show how stunning the grounds are.

Morikami is the dream wedding destination in South Florida! We never imagined we could ever afford to have our wedding in such a beautiful place, but the wedding coordinators worked with us and made it all happen. To start with, this place is probably one of the most romantic in S FL to have your wedding portraits taken at. In addition, the ceremony in front of the lake was an absolutely gorgeous setting. We had our reception inside since our wedding was at the end of May, but it still looked very pretty and the food was delicious (everyone raved about it). Last, but not least, the wedding coordinators, Alanna and Melissa were wonderful to deal with and extremely helpful. On the day of the wedding they made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it so we didn't have to worry about anything. I am so happy we got to have our wedding in such a special place. Thank you Morikami for turning our wedding day into a fairy tale!

• Melodi

Melodi · Married on 04/02/2016

After we got engaged at Morikami it was a no brainer to have our wedding there. We had NO idea how easy, fun and affordable it would be. Melissa and Alanna are absolutely amazing. Their attention to detail and responsiveness was above and beyond. Every email, every question was answered promptly and without hesitation. They truly made the planning process about me and my fiance. There is no need for a wedding planner or day-of planner when you have these two on your side. If I could rate them a million stars I would! My fiance and I are actually a little sad that the planning process is over and if you're currently planning - you know that says a lot! Morikami was absolutely gorgeous and we have gotten a lot of "your wedding was the most beautiful wedding we've been to!" My husband and I are happy to have a place that is now our own and every time we come back to visit the gardens we can relive our big day all over again. One more shout out to Melissa and Alanna, you guys are ROCKSTARS!!!

Both my husband and I are very outdoorsy, and we wanted a different venue that encompassed our love for the outdoors and nature. The Morikami Museum was perfect for us, and we booked right away with Alanna! She and Melissa and their staff took care of us from the beginning! Morikami is so incredibly beautiful and we had a blast there during our wedding!

Amy · Married on 10/03/2015

Love this place! My wedding was amazing! Thanks to the staff, Alanna & the chefs for making my day perfect! The gardens are gorgeous & all our guests were delighted to see the alligators, birds & koi fish that were also in attendance! Alanna will make sure that you're wedding goes off without a hitch! Could not be happier!

Since my first visit years ago, I have loved the Morikami Gardens. It is such a peaceful place. I've always known I wanted my wedding to be held there. When it finally came time to make it a reality, I was amazed at how professional Alanna and Melissa were! I DIY-ed a lot of my decorations and didn't pay anyone to put it together, but Alanna and Melissa were so willing to take my ideas and scribbly drawings and do it all! They were very respectful of my ideas and when something didn't work, they rearranged it in such a way that made it even more beautiful!!! They really made sure that all the decor and tables were spectacular! I was in love with everything they did! They were very helpful from start to finish and I really appreciate their hard work. The whole evening they checked on us to make sure we were happy and we were :) We would highly recommend holding your event at the Morikami!

Hayley · Married on 06/27/2015

I cannot say enough good things regarding the Morikami Museum and its staff, Melissa and Alanna. They are both easy going, attentive to detail, and responsive. Melissa and Alanna were with us throughout every step of the planning process and made it simple and enjoyable. The day of they were beyond incredible, helpful, handled every detail, and made sure to take wonderful care of our guests. I E-Mailed Alanna the morning of with a 1 final special meal request (vegan) and she made it happen. Our wedding was phenomenal, and it is all due to Melissa and Alanna.

Shatoya · Married on 05/30/2015

Food was great scenery was beautiful the coordinators caters to the brides and grooms every need. Perfect venue.

Rachel · Married on 03/28/2015

Words truly cannot express how amazing the staff at Morikami is. Melissa was my initial contact and was so sweet, friendly and patient. I had a very short timeframe to plan the wedding (just under 3 months) and she was very responsive and moved very quickly to set an initial appointment for us to view/book the venue. From there we started working with Alanna throughout the process and you cannot wish for a better planner than her! She was on top of everything but when it came time for the big event - WOW! Alanna was on top of every single detail, from standing next to one of our guests with a severe nut allergy to ensure that she was not served anything with nuts, to adding/subtracting seats for last minute guests, to perfectly setting up and breaking down all my crazy decorations, etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on and on. She is simply amazing and I had countless guests come and rave to me during and after the event about how professional, nice and amazing Alanna was. The venue itself was ethereal and we received so many compliments on what a beautiful, unique and magical location it was. I know this is cliche, but the night truly was perfect and everyone agreed it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. I cannot express my gratitude enough to Melissa, Alanna and the entire Morikami staff for making my wedding the beautiful event I have always dreamed of.

cheryl · Married on 02/21/2015

We had our wedding their on February 21st, 2015 and it was amazing. The services was spectacular and the personnel was amazing!! Thank you so much for making our day wonderful!

Jannah · Married on 01/24/2015

It has always been my dream to get married here-- and it was everything and MORE! Alanna and the event coordinator crew were awesome and helped created an unforgettable experience. It was an amazing outdoor wedding, at night, on the terraces-- overlooking the lake and gardens. Timeless. If you ever considered marrying here-- stop what you're doing and get started!

Melanie · Married on 12/06/2014

OMG the Morikami is the best venue in the state!!!! Alanna was THE best coordinator and everything exceeded my expectations. The food was amazing, the recommended vendors were also amazing, and it was literally the best night of my life. I highly recommend the Morikami Museum for ceremony and/or reception. I loved every second of our wedding night and it could not have been more beautiful and perfect. The gardens are unbelievable for photos, and we felt happy and comfortable the entire night. Love you Alanna !!!!!!

Merry · Married on 10/04/2014

The Morikami museum and garden is a magical place for a wedding. We didn't have the money for the "evening ceremony" package (that's the big, after 5PM sunset wedding package with reception and dinner and dancing and everything, we saw them setting up for one of those one day and I'm sure it's magnificent)
    ...But even for a "garden ceremony" (which is the daytime, bring up to 35 people and then get out by 5PM) I was treated like a princess, they let us do pretty much whatever we wanted, and they gave us 2 huge air-conditioned dressing rooms! That was amazing, they were auditorium backstage style dressing rooms with lots of mirrors and even a shower! (Which we didn't try, but it's cool they were there. )
    Alanna was fantastic, and she checked on us several times to make sure we had everything we needed. My wedding was GORGEOUS (even though the weather didn't exactly cooperate) and overall I couldn't have ASKED for a more PERFECT day.
    Very Happily Married!! (:
    ~*

Nick · Married on 03/22/2014

The Morikami Museum is not only a beautiful place to have a wedding, but it's staffed by an incredibly professional, responsive team of people who make planning your wedding easy and enjoyable. My wife and I have nothing but the best things to say about working with Alanna Keating at Morikami - she was indispensable during the planning process and was an absolute necessity on the wedding day. We couldn't have done it without her.

As far as the venue itself goes, the outdoor and indoor options for both the ceremony and reception are beautiful and the food is fantastic. We ABSOLUTELY recommend it.

We had our wedding at the Morikami, and it was magical! The place it is beautiful, the service incredible, and our coordinator super professional!!! She helped us with every detail, and we had the most perfect night!!! Nothing went wrong with our wedding, not even one detail.
    Our guest enjoyed every minute, and everybody left in love with the place.
    I will recommend this place to every bride and groom!!

• Leanna T.

Leanna · Married on 03/02/2013

With every single interaction, phone call, meeting, and email I had with the folks at the Morikami, I became more and more confident that I had made absolutely the right decision in choosing them for my ceremony and reception. We worked with Alanna, who eventually went on maternity leave, and Melissa--both were amazingly friendly, competent, reassuring, and 100% on the ball. They walked us through our choices, helped us select from the myriad available options, and were accommodating in the extreme. They even let us try the wine (it was good!) so we'd know if we needed to bring in our own (we didn't).

The wedding itself went off without a hitch. I went about getting ready and having photos taken while the Morikami's staff set everything up--I never had to worry about it even once. The food was outrageously good and guests couldn't stop commenting about how it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever seen.

I'd recommend the Morikami without reservations and in the highest possible terms. It was a huge part of making our wedding a seriously perfect evening.

Amy · Married on 02/24/2013

Everyone there was so professional, my wedding coordinator was phenomenal. She had to put up with a lot of craziness that night. I would definitely recommend that venue for anyone getting married. It is a beautiful site and the food was delicious.