Morais Vineyards & Winery Reviews

106 Reviews for Morais Vineyards & Winery

• Nia

Nia Henry · Getting married on 08/01/2020

I Found The Wedding Venue Of Our Dreams

My Fiance and I spent alot of time deciding whether or not we were going to have a small wedding outside of the country or a large wedding with all of our family and friends. When we spent time looking up venues we could not find one that had beautiful outdoor space with a large ballroom, large enough to hold our loved ones. Morais was a gem that I found and immediately booked an appointment to see it. An hour outside of DC which is perfect (a destination outside of the city), Morais is breathtaking at first glance. But the ballroom, the ballroom was what won our hearts. This venue had everything we ever dreamed of all at once. We couldnt have asked for a more fitting venue. The staff has been so helpful, informative and answer any and every question we have. Our wedding is next year and I can not wait!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Karen

Karen Du Teil · Married on 06/19/2020

Worked with us during COVID

After hearing so many stories of vendor issues during COVID restrictions, I can’t say enough about how wonderful Morais and Megan have been about rescheduling my daughter and her fiancé’s wedding for 2021 and allowing us to hold a micro wedding at the venue on their original date. Endless emails and questions from us were always handled promptly and courteously, and they were able to offer the flexibility we needed when we weren’t sure whether the weather would cooperate or not. It’s such a beautiful venue, and can’t wait for next year!

Sent on 06/20/2020

Julie Fitzgerald · Married on 02/09/2020

Incredible Wedding Venue

The entire team at Morais was incredible to work with. From our initial interactions with them to the weeks after our wedding, everyone we interacted with at Morais was highly professional and invested in making sure we got the greatest experience out of our special day. Everyone was so warm and personable with us and extremely helpful in addressing any questions or concerns we may have. Morais even gifted us a personalized cake cutting set before our wedding day and a special bottle of wine after - we really appreciated these personal touches and the added level of client service provided. The venue itself was nothing short of stunning and provided us with a lifetime full of fond memories and amazing photo opportunities. We highly recommend using Morais for anyone who may be looking for that perfect wedding venue!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Catherine Pavilack · Married on 12/14/2019

Wonderful post-wedding tasting

After our wedding in the area, we decided to stop by Morias for a tasting to relax. It was truly an exceptional experience and we walked out with multiple bottles. Thank you for being a special part of our wedding memory!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Mariam Nusrat · Married on 11/09/2019

Worth every penny!!

We got married at Morais Vineyards last Saturday and it was magical! The venue set the tone for our entire wedding and every time we drove through the grand Morais gates, I was blown away by it's beauty and magnificence! I really wanted a venue with a waterbody and this was one of the few locations that gave me a backdrop of water without compromising on indoor setup. Choosing this venue was one of the easiest decisions we made, we jumped on the first available Saturday which happened to be Nov 9. And while it was a little chilly and the wines were a little bare, we still ended up loving every second of our day!

The venue has soo many indoor and outdoor locations for pictures, the pergola, the greenhouse, the bridal suite, the little chapel! It is a dream for all vendors and caters to all logistical needs of a wedding!

The bridal suite was a massive hit among my makeup artists and bridesmaids, who had a blast getting ready there!

Lastly, but most importantly Cathy is an angel!! She worked with us throughout the process, was super responsive and sweet and made us feel welcome whenever we visited!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Tanzina · Married on 10/11/2019

Beautiful venue. Ahmazing staff. Cathy R., we love you!

Morais is truly a gem. I remember when we were doing our first tour of the venue, I was skeptical during the drive down to Morais. Coming from the DC Metro Area, I felt we were out in the middle of nowhere. But this perception changed quickly. As soon as we had pulled up to the venue, I knew immediately this would be our venue.

This venue would be perfect for anyone looking for an amazing, unique experience. The venue offers two outdoor ceremony sites (at the pergola and by the atrium, which is nothing short of breathless), and two indoor ceremony sites (the chapel and the ballroom). Wedding days tend to go by so quick. It just helps a little to cut down on the travel time between the ceremony and reception. Morais truly does offer everything in one stop; this is including two beautifully designed bride's and groom's suite, with full bathrooms in both.

My interactions with Morais began with Cathy Ricciardi, the onsite venue coordinator. Cathy has been my go-to contact through this entire process. She is truly such a genuine and kind soul. Cathy knew how much I trusted her, how much I wanted her to be there with me from beginning to end. She supervised from the beginning until take down on the day of. Thank you, Cathy and the Morais Team, for showering me and the people most dear to me with kindness.

The only things that worked against me was time, and traffic. So anyone reading this review, please take into account all the traffic people will have to deal with coming to Morais, and account for a bit of cushion in your timeline. Quality hotels near Morais is also scarce, so be mindful of lodging options for your guests.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Nejman · Married on 09/07/2019

Stunning venue, fantastic experience

The second you set foot at Morais, you'll be amazed. It's absolutely beautiful - and has incredible options for photos and celebrations - from the gorgeous patio of the main building, to an outdoor ceremony location complete with a waterfront pergola, a perfect bridal suite for getting ready on site, a sprawling, elegant ballroom, and of course, the vineyards. What made it even better was the staff! Cathy is wonderful - always happy to help, responds quickly, and is just a pleasure to work with. I could not recommend Morais more! It was the perfect location for our special day!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2019

We love morais

On June 29, 2019, we got married at the most magical venue. The venue itself and the Morais team exceeded all of our expectations. First, Cathy is beyond incredible. She is so kind, helpful, diligent and reliable. Working with her made our experience even better. She goes above and beyond to ensure that your wedding is perfect, and worked so well with all of our other vendors!

Second, the venue is truly a dream. Pictures do not do it justice. I will never forget the first time I went to visit with my mom and sister. I had looked at other venues, but as soon as we pulled up to Morais I knew that it was different. We were ready to book the date before we even left the venue. It is breathtaking! Our our wedding day, we loved having the time to hang out and get ready with our bridesmaids and groomsmen in the suites. We also loved having the ceremony outside by the beautiful pergola and then our cocktail hour and reception inside. The ballroom is unbelievable so even if it rained, it still would've been perfect.

Overall, we cannot recommend this venue enough. We loved it and will always stay in touch/come back to visit! THANK YOU MORAIS - WE LOVE YOU!
    - Lauren and Trey Scott

Photographer: Sarah Shank

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Sandra

Sandra Gray · Married on 06/15/2019

Morais is a magical wedding venue!!

We held my daughter’s wedding at this beautiful venue in June of 2019. I just can’t say enough nice things about this venue and their team. Cathy Ricciardi is so sweet and was such a delight to work with. I could tell from each of my encounters with the Morais staff that they take enormous pride in their work and wish to show it in the best possible condition. The venue is beautiful inside and out and so well maintained. Where to begin.

The venue is custom made for a romantic fairy tale wedding. The architecture is reminiscent of a grand Mediterranean villa which we love. Everything has been carefully selected to make a wedding and reception exceptional. There are just so many beautiful photo ops from intricate stonework, beautiful landscaping, fountain, lake, balconies, ornate turn of the century style greenhouse and other unique structures, and of course the vineyards. It is truly a photographer's dream. There is a very cool wine barrel room beneath the building that can be used for pictures and they turned out stunning. There is also a small but beautiful chapel.

The outside pergola where the ceremonies typically take place is a beautiful setting right in front of a lake. The only decor we added was a soft drape as nothing else was needed. The guests then retired to the beautiful bar and foyer area which spills outside to the courtyard with tables for the cocktail hour. There was more than ample room for our 150 guests to move about and mingle. There is plenty of parking and it close by.

The reception room is just Wow! We needed so little decor because the room is just so impressive by itself, decorated in a renaissance castle style. We had small lanterns on each table with greenery and flowers around them and that is all that was needed. The gold chairs added so much to the overall effect. I know it seems like a minor item but when you have 150 of them, nice chairs really make a difference in the overall appearance! There is a beautiful raised dais windowed alcove where the wedding ceremony can take place if weather dictates and it was so nice that we didn’t have to make the final decision regarding indoor vs outdoor until the day of. It took so much stress out of the process….we rehearsed for both and knew it would look good either way. The reception room leads out to beautiful balconies with tables for gathering and enjoying the views of the property. The bathrooms were very nice and there were enough of them that there was never the dreaded line that I have encountered at too many weddings.

The bridal suite is such an amazing addition to the property. We called it the little princess castle which is what it seemed like to our flower girls, We had seven bridesmaids, two flower girls, three mothers, a grandmother and a few other friends in there getting our hair and makeup done prior to the event and we had plenty of room for four hair/make up artists, a huge lunch spread and the photographer taking the getting ready photos. It has a beautiful quiet courtyard attached where anyone could go if they needed to gather their thoughts and grab some quiet moments. There is also a man cave in the main building where the gentlemen could get ready as well.

I really could go on all day about this stunning property and I didn’t get to see all of the features as it was a busy day for me as the MOB. I can just say it was worth every penny and I thought the price for renting the venue was very comparable to prices in this area with so many added benefits. And the Morais wine is great! I would highly recommend Morais Vineyards to anyone wishing to have a beautiful wedding!

Photographs courtesy of Stephanie Messick Photography

Sent on 06/24/2019

Virginia · Married on 06/01/2019

Stunning venue!

The pictures do not do this place justice - it is incredibly beautiful!

My husband and I were in search of a place that would look and feel like nothing else in Virginia (and would also hold up to 300 guests) and Morais Vineyards knocked it out of the park.

The entire venue has so many gorgeous places to take photos that are unique and picturesque. The ballroom is so timeless and glamorous on its own that we really didn't need to add any extra decor to it. I had a large bridal party including 11 bridesmaids and a flower girl and the suite was plenty of space for us along with my hair and makeup team in the bridal suite.

Although there aren't many places that deliver food in Bealeton (sadly UberEats, GrubHub, etc are not available), we highly recommend you e-mail Faang Thai in Warrenton. The owner and staff were more than happy to travel outside their usual delivery radius to deliver to the bridal suite for no additional cost.

Overall, choosing Morais was the easiest decision my husband and I ever made during wedding planning. The entire team at Morais (especially Cathy!) was phenomenal to work with. They are incredibly responsive, helpful, and accommodating.

All photos were taken by our photographer, Plume Photography, who is also amazing and highly recommended by us!

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Jess

Jess · Married on 05/16/2019

Breathtaking!

Dream venue!!! Cathy the venue coordinator was so amazing to work with! She was so friendly, responsive, and helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. This venue is absolutely breathtaking!! I loved an appreciated we were able to take photos everywhere around the venue. Also, the bridal suite was perfect, it had the perfect amount of space for my girls and I get ready! I would do it all over again here. Even without all the wedding decor, the day would've been beautiful no matter what because the venue is just absolutely stunning.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Hong · Married on 04/20/2019

Ah-mazing venue and team

Morais is such a darling place to get married. The architecture was gorgeous, the landscape was beautiful and their bridal suite has everything you need (my make-up artist loved it). There are a ton of locations on site to take pictures (there's a cute little chapel, a greenhouse, the courtyard, and a barrel room/wine cellar). We didn't get to take pics in the barrel room (bummer) due to all the festivities but are considering going back to take our 1 year wedding anniversary pics there.. that's how much we loved the venue! The staff is exceptional. They answered all of our questions, were extremely responsive and proactive throughout the whole process. We really couldn't have asked for a better team.

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Sue

Sue M. Kim · Married on 02/11/2019

Dream Wedding venue

Having our wedding at Morais was one of the best decisions we have made. The staff at Morais are very helpful and understanding. All our guests felt like they were walking into a fairytale when they arrived at the venue. I cannot recommend this place enough!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Michaela · Married on 10/06/2018

My husband & I got married the first Saturday in October at Morais. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff is very responsive and professional. The team at Morais truly made our wedding day happen and run smooth from start to finish. I could not have asked for a better day! :) I would highly recommend checking this vineyard out if you are looking for a venue for your wedding day!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Genice · Married on 09/08/2018

Morais Vineyards is absolutely gorgeous. The vineyard was our daughter’s first choice for her recent wedding. What makes Morais a stand-out venue are the beautiful buildings, not often found at other venues and the flexibility of having an outdoor or indoor ceremony. Also, there is a bridal suite that is a separate building on the grounds that also served as a beautiful interior backdrop for bride and bridesmaid shots which was especially nice since we had rain on the wedding day. Planning the wedding was a pleasure because the entire staff at Morais were friendly, professional, detail oriented and so easy to work with. Our guests were stunned at the beauty of all the facilities and the impressive ballroom where the ceremony as well as the reception were held. We highly recommend Morais for weddings or any special event!

Sent on 09/20/2018
  • Shanae

Shanae · Married on 09/02/2018

My Dream Venue

The moment I drove onto the property, I knew I HAD to get married here. It felt like I had transported to Italy and I was so excited from my guests to have the same experience when they arrived. Decorated with LOVE signs throughout the property and the romantic wine cellar for bride and groom photos. My absolute favorite was the bridal HOUSE! The staff was beyond helpful and Cathy was super responsive to my millions of questions.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Yvette

Yvette · Married on 09/01/2018

This place is magical, gorgeous, and breathtaking! The setting was ideal for us since we wanted to have a Spanish style to our wedding and Morais was able to provide that to us with it's beautiful venue.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Nino · Married on 08/25/2018

Romantic and Elegant

Morais Vineyards & Winery was the perfect venue for our wedding. The ballroom is elegant, the lake and the ceremony site is very romantic and the vineyards are beautifully maintained. The bridal suite was very cute, bright and cozy. Cathy and Suzy were very attentive and professional. I couldn't be happier with our venue selection. Thank you Morais Vineyards!

Sent on 11/15/2019

Matthew · Married on 06/02/2018

Beautiful venue, you can really tell detail was a huge focus in the decoration and planning of each room. We felt like we got married at our very own private mansion. When we had to move everything inside due to rain, they rolled right with it and set up the ceremony site beautifully. Truly the only venue where you will be equally as happy with having the event inside or outside (great rain backup option). Venue Coordinator, Suzy Nogueira was fantastic and really helped us out with planning and was a pleasure to work with. We really felt taken care of and her attitude made us feel like she had our best interests at heart. Only negative was having a few people not associated with wedding walking around outside when there was supposed to be a private event sign up. Amazing place for ceremony and reception, no need for abundant decoration or uplighting, fantastic wine, and an all in one picture perfect location. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Rosemary · Married on 05/24/2018

I stumbled upon Morais Vineyards on a photographer's blog years ago. I wasn't planning a wedding yet, but I was so taken aback by the beauty and uniqueness of the venue that I filed it away in my memory for when my time came. A few years later, Morais Vineyards was the first and only place that my fiance and I toured before choosing it as our wedding venue. The stunning Portuguese architecture makes you feel like you've stumbled into Europe. Although vineyard weddings are somewhat common, this venue provided such a unique, elegant, and chic aesthetic for our wedding day. Another important element for us was having a suitable Plan B for weather. The outdoor ceremony site by the pond is gorgeous, but we also wanted to have an option that would be just as beautiful in photos should the weather not be ideal. Sure enough, it wasn't rain that was an issue on our wedding day, but actually heat! Although we were bummed to not have our ceremony outside, we were confident in our decision to move things indoors because the grand hall inside of Morais is absolutely gorgeous––tall ceilings, huge windows to allow in a ton of natural light, a balcony for overhead shots, and a beautiful raised "altar" in front of the windows. ALSO, the bridal suite that Morais recently constructed is absolutely amazing. With a sitting area, large vanities for hair/makeup artists to work, a curtained-off changing area/bathroom/shower, high ceilings at the entrance, a ton of natural light, and more, it was seriously a dream for everyone getting ready AND the photographers and videographers to capture this part of the day (not a stuffy hotel room with bad lighting!). Finally, every step of the way, our planning and communications with the Morais staff were wonderful. Cathy Ricciardi, in particular, was amazing. She was responsive, helpful, and never made us feel like our questions were too small or nagging. Thank you Morais for being the beautiful backdrop to our big day!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Meghan · Married on 05/19/2018

Morais Vineyard made our wedding absolutely perfect and flawless. The venue itself is breathtaking. All of our guests commented that they felt as though they were transported to Europe! It is such a unique venue for Northern Virginia. There are so many beautiful spots throughout the venue to take gorgeous pictures. It's a naturally stunning setting. We worked with Cathy R. throughout the planning process. She is fabulous! Every time I contacted her, or saw her in the tasting room, she always made us feel special! Cathy is very patient and was always responsive. Morais will forever hold a special places in our hearts. Side note, the wine is the BEST wine in the entire state. Reds, whites, and the rose are all delicious!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Chris · Married on 05/06/2018

Suzy and team are amazing. What more can I say about this venue?

It truly is a hidden gem in Virginia, if not, Virginia's best kept secret. All of our wedding guests were shocked at how beautiful this venue was and the day couldn't have been any better.

My wife, Clio and I, were hoping for a sunny day for our outdoor ceremony (who can blame you when the venue is that gorgeous). However, the day-of weather forecast was calling 75% precipitation and thunderstorms. But throughout the entire day, the rain had completely missed the venue and produced nothing but sunny skies.

You can't find a better team than the one run by Suzy. Her team produced top notch professionalism, are always available for questions, and are flexible to help you create your perfect day.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Morais Vineyards & Winery's reply:

Chris,
    Thank you so much for the kind words! I was so happy to be a part of your big day! I wish you and Clio the best!

Respectfully,
    Suzy

Victoria · Married on 01/13/2018

We had a great experience with Morais Vineyards as our reception venue. The ballroom is just such a fairytale come true and the bridal suite was such a beautiful relaxing place to get ready for my wedding. My husband and I are also devout Catholic Christians and loved that Morais has a beautiful little chapel on the property. Our guests loved the environment and we were able to set aside a kids area for younger kids to do games during the reception. The staff was very kind and though we had some miscommunications early on about the requirements of Morais ahead of time, they ended up being acceptable for us and everything worked out well. They require you to hire a professional day-of coordinator which we did not expect but she ended up being a HUGE help for us and everything went off without a hitch.

Sent on 02/05/2018

Samantha · Married on 10/07/2017

After visiting several venues, we finally selected Morais Vineyards & Winery for our October wedding. We left our initial visit to the winery in awe, and needed to visit a few other venues to confirm nothing else compared. The site presents elegance and the “wow factor” we were hoping for.

The grand ballroom holds appx. 300 people according to Morais, but it was perfect for our wedding of approximately 150 people (didn’t feel too spacy). I loved the minimal decoration requirement to make the venue look magical. We held our ceremony outside at the pergola, which provided a stunning backdrop. One thing we valued with Morais was the ease of transition to an inside wedding in the ballroom, with a small stage to accommodate a ceremony inside. Luckily this was not needed as we had sun for our big day, but this provided us peace of mind a backup option was easily available.
    During the process, we primarily worked with Cathy, who was very friendly, responsive and easy to work with throughout the planning process and day of the event. She helped answer all our questions and made sure we were satisfied with everything. Morais did require we purchase all our wine for the event through them (which we were happy to do, it was delicious!), but was accommodating that we could provide beer/liquor from an outside source.
    Overall, Morais provided an absolutely stunning backdrop for our ceremony and an elegant and unique ballroom for the reception. The space easily accommodated all our guests and helped contribute to the night of our lives!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Maggie · Married on 09/16/2017

Morias is such a beautiful and unique wedding venue - it was the first place we toured and I was sold! Every space is gorgeous - the pergola and surrounding grounds, ballroom, bridal suite - everything! As a wedding venue, it has everything you need for the perfect day (full kitchen, indoor/outdoor ceremony space, cocktail hour bar, I could go on and on..) It's hard to put into words how beautiful this vineyard is!

Sent on 10/26/2017