Moondance Productions Reviews

Moondance Productions 2
Moondance Productions 3

Kathryn McGee · Married on 08/10/2019

Terrific Experience

From the jump, Alan and the Moondance team provided a top-notch experience. The introductory conversation put us at ease and clearly mapped out what the plan was. Booking was smooth, and throughout the discussions about music and day-of logistics Alan was extremely flexible. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Kyle

Kyle · Married on 08/02/2019

Awesome Wedding @ The North Beach Club House

Alan and Moondance Productions delivered on exactly what we were looking for on our wedding day. They were prompt on responding to emails and they really didn’t need any direction on setting up at The North Beach Club House which they are very familiar with. As the groom, one of the few responsibilities I had was creating a playlist and finding a DJ for the wedding. Alan was quick to get on the same page and essentially took the playlist I gave him and made it all work with the timing of the wedding which is exactly what we were looking for. Great value, phenomenal sound, and seamless audio for the ceremony, dinner, and of course the dancing. Thanks Alan!
    -Kyle B.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Meghan · Married on 06/29/2019

Terrific DJs!

Suzanne DJ'd our June 2019 wedding and absolutely hit it out of the park. She is really well organized, helping us make our music list and getting a sense of what kind of feel we were looking for at our reception. So many of our guests came up to us to say that the music was excellent and that they had such a fun time. Suzanne made sure our wedding reception was an amazing dance party that everyone (myself included) will remember! If you want professional DJs who know how to bring the fun, go to Moondance.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Rebecca · Married on 06/07/2019

Would hire them again anytime!!!!!

Alan was amazing to work with!

We got married at the Newport Marriott and he set up and played our ceremony music, which was flawless and then moved upstairs to DJ the rest of the night.

Not only was he a great DJ, he was a great Emcee.

We communicated through email and phone. He was on time, extremely professional and friendly. My family couldn’t stop talking about how great he was! We gave him a playlist and he played every song! There were no issues! We can’t thank you enough!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/31/2019

We made the right choice!

Alan was awesome!! He made our night seamless and the best part was, he knew our venue inside and out so he was able to amplify perfectly. So happy I chose Moondance!

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Becky

Becky Ravenelle · Married on 04/28/2019

Great DJ, Great Value!

My husband and I hired Moondance Productions for our wedding reception at Gracie's in Providence RI. Our DJ was Suzanne and she was great! We were able to keep in contact via email easily and had a phone meeting with her about 2 weeks prior to the actual wedding. She reviewed all of our information (name pronunciations, 'do-not-play' list, etc.) so we were all on the same page for the reception. She did a wonderful job and compared to other DJ services in the area I think the price was amazing!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Robin Silvia · Married on 04/14/2019

Moondance DJ

Very proffessional, DJ sent paperwork which was very helpful to get exactly what we were looking for. We had a great time dancing the night away!!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Margaret · Married on 12/08/2018

Exactly the DJ we were looking for

I was nervous about finding a DJ for our wedding because I knew that the music can really make or break the reception experience and ambiance for everyone - so I was so relieved after we met with Alan from Moondance Productions, who was exactly what we were looking for: experienced, adaptable, and very perceptive. He knew exactly how to keep everyone on the dance floor and worked in music genres that we thought would appeal to our guests, and managed all night to keep the music completely in tune with the intimate feel we were hoping for. I couldn't believe how many compliments we were getting all night on how great the DJ was. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/16/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2018

Excellent experience

Alan was absolutely wonderful! We had a brunch wedding reception so it was definitely more relaxed but he kept the music going and all of our guests happy! He was especially great with the kids at our wedding, they were all curious about how he played the music and my nephew wanted to sing with one of the songs and he was just so good with them. We will definitely be recommending Moondance to our friends and family.

Sent on 02/22/2019
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 09/30/2018

Moondance Productions, and Alan in particular, was one of the best parts of our wedding at an unbelievably reasonable price. Alan was extremely flexible and even took extra time to visit our venue as he was unfamiliar with the layout. We so appreciated his attention to detail, professionalism, and all of the tips he gave us through the planning process! We gave Alan a list of songs and every single one was played except for one (that we didn't even need) because he was able to read the crowd extremely well. We even received photos not even a day after the event - something so thoughtful, unexpected, and something we will treasure forever. Alan, thank you for making our day absolutely perfect. We are only hoping that we'll have a reason to hire your services again!!!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Vicky-Marie · Married on 08/12/2018

Suzanne was very responsive, professional and a pleasure to work with. She kept us on task throughout the wedding to make certain that we got the necessary pictures/dances in while we still had the photographer present. The guests were all very happy with the flow of the music and the quality of the sound. I would highly recommend Moondance Productions and Suzanne.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Jaryn · Married on 05/05/2018

Alan Alan Alan you need 10 stars!!!! I reached out to him just over a month before my wedding because the other DJ I booked was not giving me a good feeling he was more than happy to help, gave us a great price, and pulled our wedding off even with all of my special requests!! I had song changes, had him do a small reading, he communicated with me amazingly well & gave GREAT advice. He even sent me a few pictures after. I am pretty sure that without him my wedding would have been a mess. I cannot say Thank you enough, call moondance, ask for Alan!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Myah · Married on 10/27/2017

Alan was a great DJ. We could tell from our initial phone call that he was the laid back type of DJ that we wanted. No crazy call outs on the mic or crazy songs that we didn't want. He took our slightly different than average wedding playlist and worked through it so well, adding his own songs that fit in well, that he got much more dancing than we thought possible. We had a Halloween twist, and he played into that as well. Best night of our lives! Thanks Alan!

Trissa · Married on 09/09/2017

Working with Suzanne and Moondance Productions was the perfect choice for our wedding day. Suzanne was very easy to work with and was prompt with her calls and emails. She also worked very well with the rest of our vendors to make the day flow effortlessly from one moment to the next. We had so many of our guests compliment her music choices and we ended up extending her service an extra hour since the dance floor was still packed by the end of the night. You can't go wrong with Moondance Productions! Thank you, Suzanne!

Sent on 09/17/2017
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 09/09/2017

All I can say is that Alan is the BEST!! He always got back to me if I had any questions, was very reassuring if I had any concerns and he was a huge help with the day of planning! He played all the music my husband and I wanted plus more!! The photo booth was a huge hit as well! I would highly recommend Allen and Moondance Productions to anyone who wants to party the night away!!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Ami · Married on 08/18/2017

We were so happy with our choice of DJ Alan for our wedding. We chose a venue and a caterer that did not provide a wedding coordinator. Alan stepped right in, from lining us up for the ceremony, to showing us how to cut the cake. He kept the timing of the reception on track so we were able to get everything done by the time the photographer left. PLUS, he played all our songs and kept the dance floor busy all night with great music. To us he was much more than a DJ. A wedding professional all the way!

M Elizabeth · Married on 08/05/2017

Suzanne of Moondance Productions was the DJ at our daughter's wedding. She did a great job as both the DJ and MC. She had us dancing all night and played all the songs requested by our guests. My daughter did not make a play list but had a list of "do not play" songs. Suzanne chose the perfect music for every part of the reception and kept a very low profile throughout the night. We kept announcements to a minimum but Suzanne knew exactly what to say and when, keeping us "on track." She was also very flexible and moved inside for the ceremony when the weather took a turn. I would highly recommend Suzanne and Moondance Productions--they were organized, easy to work with and very affordable.

Sent on 08/11/2017

Haylee · Married on 07/28/2017

So happy with our choice of Moondance Productions for our DJ, lighting and Photo Booth! From the initial contact to the last dance, everything was smooth going. We received a discount for using all three services, and it made things very easy to have them provide all three. Alan did a great job keeping the dance floor packed and playing all of our requests. The photo booth was such a huge hit! I would recommend it to every couple planning a wedding! The up-lights were the perfect touch for our venue, which needed a little more lighting. Easily the easiest vendor I dealt with.

Dave · Married on 06/17/2017

Suzanne was fantastic! Everything went perfectly at our wedding. Reasonable pricing makes Moondance the best wedding DJ choice in town. Very classy experience from start to finish!

Sent on 07/01/2017

Alan was great to work with! Played great music and kept the guests moving!

Sent on 07/01/2017

Tomma · Married on 09/24/2016

Alan was the DJ for our wedding at the North Beach Clubhouse on September 24, 2016. Alan was great to work with from start to finish. He was not only very professional but very knowledgeable on the flow of events throughout the evening. My husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding because Alan kept it running very smooth. He played a great mix of music that everyone loved and danced to all night long. We have a 6 month old daughter and some last minute changes needed to be made to our schedule for the evening and Alan was very flexible and accomodating. We were extremely happy with Alan and Moondance Productions and would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 10/08/2016
  • F

F · Married on 09/17/2016

We are so glad that we selected Moondance Productions for our wedding. We loved working with Pauline. She was so helpful, professional, organized and easy to work with. She was very supportive in helping us customize the music and events of our day. We would highly recommend Pauline and Moondance!!!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Melissa · Married on 08/05/2016

Wow! Alan was amazing at our wedding and kept the party going all night. He played all the songs we requested and then picked out songs on his own that meshed perfectly with the atmosphere we wanted. We got many rave reviews about him all night and afterwards! On top of that, he was a consummate professional, quick to respond to all of our questions and very clear about what he needed from us, and made everything very stress free for us. Alan has many years experience, had worked our venue many times before (huge plus for us!), and his pricing is beyond fair. We can't recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Jennifer · Married on 07/15/2016

This is THE DJ vendor to book. Sue was fantastic, she made the whole reception smooth and completely stress free. The whole reception was seamless thanks to her, she kept everyone dancing, entertained and everyone had such a blast. This is the only company I would recommend to others!! If you want your reception to be fun, stress free, enjoyable and something your guests will thank you for than Moondance Productions is the DJ you need!! :)

Sent on 12/25/2016

Alan was our DJ at our wedding, and he was excellent! He played everything we asked, and threw in some of his own selections as well! Everyone had a great time at our wedding, and the dance floor was packed the whole time. Alan was very professional, friendly and fun to work with. This company was also very affordable and reasonably priced! I would highly recommend Alan!

Sent on 10/18/2015