69 Reviews for Moon River Rituals - Zita Christian, Wedding Officiant & Celebrant

Zita met and far exceeded our expectations for our ceremony. She had the entire audience mesmerized with her words and our “Love Story”. Friends and family and even staff from our venue continuously complimented us on the ceremony and that is was the most “beautiful” and “emotional” ceremonies that had ever witnessed. If you want a ceremony that embodies the love for your significant other than I’d highly recommend Zita.

Profile Picture Neil, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If you are looking for an officiant, look no further; Zita is hands down the best in the business! A year and a half prior to our wedding my mother-in-law sent my wife and I a newspaper clipping featuring Zita which described her unique approach to wedding ceremonies. It turns out that that my mother-in-law knew us a little better then we knew ourselves at the time. As soon as my wife and I left our initial meeting with Zita we knew that our search for an officiant was over. Zita has an extremely relaxed yet demanding presence about her. When she speaks, she speak with both wisdom and emotion.
As expected, her delivery the day of the ceremony was flawless! The way she told our “love story” breached all realms of human emotion. Her story telling capabilities are captivating and simply unmatched. Everyone that was there to bear witness to our ceremony that day continues to remind us just how beautiful and memorable our ceremony was. My wife and I have heard on countless occasions that this was, in their words “hands down the best wedding ceremony that they had ever attended”. Notions which have been coming from young and old alike. We can never thank Zita enough nor could we express how grateful we are for the incredible ceremony she that she provided.
Unfortunately, my pap (grandfather), the man that raised me died during our reception (less than an hour after our ceremony). Fortunately, he was able to hear how much I loved him and just how much he meant to me in front of all the people my wife and I cherish most in this world thanks to the spiritual and personal nature of Zita’s ceremony. You see when you hire Zita as your officiant you are getting so much more. You are getting a beautiful soul with an incredibly big heart who is dedicated to making your day memorable not only for you, but for all in attendance. Thanks again Zita!
With Love,
Justin & Lauren (Happily married since October 21, 2017)

Profile Picture Justin, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

She was very organized, patient, and thoughtful we had a little mishap during the sand ceremony of our ceremony and Zita handled it so calmly. Making everyone including us remain at ease. The day simply couldn’t have been better, we were simply blessed to have her as our officiant.

Profile Picture Olivia, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I cannot thank ZIta enough for the absolutely incredible wedding ceremony she created for us. From the first time we met her, we knew that she was the right person to tell our story. Almost all of the compliments we got on our big day were about how beautiful and personal the ceremony was. Zita made everything so easy and fun, she was easy to get ahold of, easy to talk to, and she crafted a memorable and unique wedding script for us. We chose the hand fasting option for our ceremony, and her 9 foot long, hand sewn cord is something that we will cherish forever. Her services made our wedding day the best day of our lives. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a wedding officiant to check out Zita, meet with her, you will be thankful for your whole life that your wedding was so personal and beautiful.

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We cannot say enough great things about Zita! She is not the most inexpensive officiant in the area, but you truly get what you pay for! When we were first looking for an officiant, we met with three different people and “interviewed” them per say. While each was nice and I’m sure would have done a good job, none of them would have been as great as Zita. When you meet her, you will immediately feel like you’ve known her forever. She is so kind and genuinely shows that she cares about your relationship and your upcoming wedding. She gets to know you and your fiancé, and had a series of questions she asked to learn about us! This was all before we even decided to choose her!
Once we officially chose Zita, she sent over a document that both myself and my fiancé had to fill out separately with questions about our relationship, etc and she uses those answers to create a love story that was then incorporated into our ceremony.
Every single person we spoke to after our wedding commented on how they LOVED the ceremony and how they loved Zita. My grandpa even asked for a copy of the script because he enjoyed it so much! We could not have been happier with Zita and we would HIGHLY recommend spending the extra money for an officiant who goes about and beyond! She is a published romance novelist… she knows love!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Zita was the most wonderful, full of light, full of love, and full of energy officiant we ever could have imagined for our ceremony. From the beginning, she was very responsive and eager to get to know us as a couple. She shared our excitement throughout the whole process of wedding planning and ceremony writing. We live in Virginia, and she was very accommodating and worked with us for meetings and planning. She provided us with drafts of the ceremony, and she turned an already beautiful story into a magical fairytale. Our guests were impressed with how smoothly, how unique, and how personal our ceremony was, one telling us “I’ve been to many weddings throughout my life, and this was by far the best ceremony I’ve ever witnessed”. I couldn’t imagine our day without Zita. When I close my eyes, I am transported to that hot and humid but perfect day in the forest, surrounded by all of our loved ones, hearing Zita’s voice guiding us into marriage, and I swell up with tears. We made the absolute perfect choice in selecting our officiant. I’d recommend Zita 9843957239485% if I could!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Zita is hands down, the most amazing Officiant we have met. We are so happy and grateful to have worked with her. She is very personable and finds the perfect moments to speak about at your ceremony. Every moment is magical and a memory to be cherished. We highly recommend Zita, you could not find anyone better. Zita was our Fairy Godmother and it would not have been the same without her. She truly brought magic to our wedding day, we loved having her!

Profile Picture Marrina, 5/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I feel SO lucky to have found Zita!! She married us this past May, and we could not have been happier with the beautiful ceremony she crafted for/with us and presented to our guests. I still have friends and family members commenting on how moved they were by our ceremony and asking how we found Zita. As we were planning our wedding we knew that we wanted the ceremony to feel special and unique. Zita definitely helped us to accomplish this goal! From the beginning she dedicated so much time to just getting to know us, to know our story, and to make sure the ceremony she was writing for us really suited our needs. We had prepared tons of music to be performed before, during, and after our ceremony, and so we had to put some time restrictions on the ceremony and onto Zita's work. We felt terrible having to cut out parts of our ceremony to accommodate the music, but Zita was always so so generous, always helping us figure out how to make things work in the way that felt right for us. Reading through several drafts of our ceremony I knew it was going to be special, but until the moment I walked down the aisle I didn't know how meaningful it would really be. Zita has such a warm presence. I think our guests all felt so pulled into the moment with us. We all laughed and cried together, and my husband and I both will remember that ceremony as possibly the highpoint of our entire lives. I can't even tell you how many people have also told me how moved they were by the ceremony and felt it was one of the most beautiful they had ever witnessed. I am so so grateful to her for the work she did for our ceremony! I just can't say enough good things. Thank you Zita!!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Zita did such a wonderful job officiating our wedding. She was such a pleasure to work with and spent a lot of time personalizing it for us. Everyone at our wedding loved her too. I would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User7597770, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We found Zita through the officiant of mutual friends - and we are SO glad we did. The instant we met her we knew she would be perfect. She's the kindest, most professional officiant we could imagine having, and was so invested in communicating our love story in the best way possible. It was everything we wanted, and more. Our guests kept coming us to us saying what a beautiful ceremony we had, which is exactly what we hoped for - we'd been to several weddings where you just kind of gloss over the ceremony and wait for the reception. But we wanted it to be special, and Zita made it absolutely perfect. We could not recommend her more highly! She will work with you to provide the best ceremony for you, and has a bunch of different options, rituals, and suggestions that really shape your ceremony to make it meaningful. We had a great time working with her.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Our incredible experience with Zita was more than any words can describe. When she enters a room she brings and energy of comfort and love that makes every time you meet with her a special moment.
Her knowledge of cultures, literature, and rituals is astounding, and she knows exactly how/when to use that information to bring a true sense of worldliness to your experience. We discussed several rituals to include in our ceremony as well as recommendations for the ceremony, and in the end we selected a ritual she created which tied in our family while creating a truly special moment that will continue to be special for years to come.
When it comes to your love story, whatever you think Zita will create is not even close to the splendor she will share. She does not just "tell your story," but she gets to know you so deeply that she is able to portray who you are as individuals as well as a couple, and how and why you have made it to this point and will continue forward together.
She takes the time to get to know you on a personal level when meeting, and then even more so in a detailed questionnaire you complete. Then the magic happens.
Our ceremony was so special, and would not have been that way without Zita. Despite the high emotions running through us all, she is able to get you back into the moment and recognize and celebrate the major accomplishment you are making and the love you are sharing. The light she brought to us, our family and friends, and our ceremony, will continue to shine through during all milestones in our life together. Our family and friends were so impressed with the personalization and originality of our ceremony, as well as Zita's delivery to make a truly special and enjoyable experience.
We highly recommend Zita to anyone interested, and hope to work with her again for other milestones in our future!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I have no words to describe our experience with Zita. She was beyond warm, loving and spiritual. It was everything I wanted and more. On our first interaction, she was not only punctual and prepared but she was also open and curious. The ceremony that she wrote was unique to our love story and included our family and loved ones. She was available for rehearsal the day before the ceremony and it was so important to have her there the calm me down. At the day of the wedding she was my guardian angel: beautiful, serene and funny. There was not a dry eye in the audience, everyone was deeply moved. I cannot thank her enough, our wedding would not be the amazing experience that it was without her. Love you, Zita!!!

Profile Picture Paula, 9/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Zita was one of the most wonderful surprises we could have had in planning and having our wedding at the New Britain Museum of American Art. Her thoughtful and very thorough focus on our experiences with one another made for a ceremony that had a fabulous impact on our guests and set the tone for the entire evening. Great coaching for both of us and inclusion of our children in the ceremony started our blended family on its path with exactly the right sense of wholeness.

Profile Picture User6921224, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were looking for a spiritual and loving ceremony and our experience with Zita far exceeded our expectations. From the moment we met Zita, my fiance (now husband!) and I bonded with her warm personality and she made the ceremony planning process so easy and fun. We received countless compliments on what a personal and intimate ceremony she performed. We will remember our day and the loving ceremony she performed for the rest of our lives. It was truly magical. We can't thank Zita enough, we will always have a special place in our hearts for her.

Profile Picture Cassandra, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Zita helped us to feel at ease on a day that was stressful. She calmed us throughout the entire process. When we felt at a loss for what to do, she guided us through the process with the most beautiful ideas and helped create the MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY of our lives! All of our guests stated that it was one of the MOST MEANINGFUL ceremonies they had ever been to!

Profile Picture Trisha, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Zita was the perfect officiant for our wedding. She made sure our values and family was included in the wedding. All our guests were simply amazed by her at the wedding. They have all been to so many weddings and they say ours was the best! Zita takes the time to make sure the day is simply perfect!

Profile Picture Marci, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband Dave and I used Zita for our May 29th wedding and we could not have been happier! Zita is warm and welcoming. She takes time to get to know you and really tailors the ceremony to what you are looking for. She is an excellent writer who finds a unique way to convey your love story to your family and friends. She listened intently to what both Dave and I wanted and combined it together to make our perfect ceremony. She also thinks on her feet! During our unity candle ceremony, our mothers could not get the candles to light because of the wind. Zita was so calm and quickly came up with a solution. Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful our ceremony was. It was truly a privilege to have her officiate our ceremony!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Zita really did an amazing job putting together our love story. We have had so many people tell us how much they loved our story and how she talked about us as a couple. She was great to work with and really gave us the ceremony we wanted and will never forget. Thank you, Zita!!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

No review could truly encompass the emotions reflected in our personalized ceremony provided by Zita Christian. As other reviewers have stated Zita will get to know you as a couple prior to the day meaning she really has to work to get it done right and she will!!! The questionaire she sends you will give her a lot of information but Zita herself is so warm that all conversations we had with her could have lasted for hours (some of them did!) She just brings out all the warm and fuzzy in you! The family and friends at our wedding told us they had never been to a wedding like ours. It was the farthest thing from boring, it was funny yet spiritual. It made you laugh and cry. I had one friend a guy in his early 20s say that the ceremony was his favorite part of the wedding, which means a lot because our reception was at the Society Room with excellent food, an open bar, and we had a really really good DJ!!! One friend of ours said "Even though we're not the closest, I felt that I was part of the ceremony, some of the things she said I was there, I remember that!!!" That's because Zita brought pieces of our whole lives into our ceremony, making up our love story. From mentioning pieces throughout our 9 year relationship, our parents, my brother who has passed & our recently deceased dog who was extremely dear to us she captured us as a whole and really let our guests understand our love and reasons for marrying one another.

I can't really convey all that Zita has to offer in writing but I promise you, every bride and groom deserves the kind of ceremony I have only seen done by her. I am just really hoping our videographer got all the footage because I hope to relive those moments over and over again for the years to come!!

Profile Picture Latitia, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I've attended quite a few weddings where the ceremony is just the part you have to grin and bare before the reception starts. That was not the case with my own ceremony, cleverly created by my husband and I through the guidance and wisdom of Zita over a period of 6 months (Zita takes her time with each couple as if they are the only ones she will ever work with). Zita allowed for our ceremony to be truly unique. People laughed, cried and most of all, enjoyed the ceremony! I will never forget how truly remarkable a moment Zita helped make our wedding be. She allowed me to incorporate handfasting and introduced other celtic traditions for us (I'm Irish). To sum up the ceremony in one attendents words "that was the most religious, nonreligious wedding I've ever seen." Thats because Zita was able to invoke such an intense feeling of love a spirituality without ever mentioning a God. Of course Zita has no problem bringing in religion, the point is she is a master at her craft and I was privileged to have her!

Profile Picture Christen, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our wedding would not have been the same without Zita. My cousin used her at their wedding and she was so amazing I had to get her contact information for my wedding as well. She is so professional, organized, and thoughtful. She is truly such a sweetheart and talented writer. She meets with all her clients before to get to know them and go over the different options for the ceremony. My husband and I did a toast/send off with our mothers as well as a foot washing. Over the months prior to the wedding, Zita gives a questionnaire for you and your partner to answer separately (you cannot read each others answers until after. She uses these answers to write up your love story which she then will present during your ceremony. My husband and I were only together months before getting married. Because of the short time period, his family and friends did not know me very well and vise versa. Zitas story really helped everyone connect and understand our love for each other. I hadn't been to many wedding ceremonies prior to my own, and was not sure the series of events that took place. Zita helped my stress level go down tremendously with her organized layout of the wedding informing me in advance of everything to come. Pictures ran a little long on our wedding day and we ended up running out of time for a rehearsal with the wedding party. Because of Zita, everything went smooth and perfect. I would recommend her to anyone. She is not only an incredible officiant, but we consider her a friend as well.

Profile Picture User6021213, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Zita made our very special day complete, adding a warm dimension of individualized attention and care to the proceedings. From her arrival to departure, we felt as though she were a member of the family. Her suggestions and delivery were heart warming, nurturing, and meaningful. Her services live up to her incredible ratings record in every way. We were delighted to have her take part in such a personal, memorable day. I am so fortunate to have met her and was especially pleased with the lovely photos her photographer, Carol, took during our service. It is with an unwavering recommendation that I submit this review.

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Take the time to meet with Zita and share your story. This is why...my husband and I had the honor of having Zita officiate our wedding ceremony. Our story, prepared by Zita, was the highlight of the evening. Yes…dinner and dancing with family and friends was fun, but the ceremony was magnificent. Not only is Zita an excellent writer…she is a superb storyteller as well. Through Zita’s words, Jorge and I relived our first date, our upbringing, and the struggles one faces in life. She made our ceremony intimate, heartwarming, at times funny, and deeply touching. She captured us so clearly that it took my breath away when I read her first draft. Zita gave our love story the voice she had promised. I am so thankful we chose Zita to be our officiant. Thank you Zita for creating a memorable ceremony.

Profile Picture Elizabeth , 7/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Zita made everything run smoothly, she felt like more than just an officiant. We had to change our venue due to snow the night before and she had no problem with the change. She is great and will provide you with and amazing service large or small.

Profile Picture User4806699, 2+ years ago, 1 Review