Moon Child Sweets Reviews

35 | New Castle, DE

35 Reviews for Moon Child Sweets

35 Moon Child Sweets Reviews

Jackee · Married on 08/25/2018

Where do I start! The sweets here are absolutely amazing!! Mouthwatering. Cherita is such a pleasure to do business with. She’s professional, great customer service, & will do everything she can to make sure her customers are happy!! I wouldve posted a pic but the sweets were demolished! -Jackee

Sent on 08/26/2018

Moon Child Sweets's reply:

Thank you so much! You are pleasure to work with and I'm glad you've enjoyed your orders! can't wait to work with you again in the future!

GRETCHEN · Married on 07/14/2018

I can't say enough about how great Cherita & Moon Child Sweets was! She was attentive, caring & professional from beginning to end. All I gave her was an idea & a few pictures of what I would like & when she showed up the day of my wedding I was blown away! Cherita stayed to set up & put some final decorations on the cupcakes & was so friendly & genuine. Needless to say, the cupcakes were a hit & absolutley delicious!

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Moon Child Sweets 4

Moon Child Sweets's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you! I'm so glad I could make your special day that much better! I can't wait to work with again in the future!

kirsten · Married on 11/01/2017

I got a graduation cake from Cherita and it was perfect! I had one graduating from high school and one from college and she was able to incorporate both into one cake and it looked great. I also appreciated that I was able to get a different filling in each layer. Delicious! It was too big for our party so I froze some of it for later and it was delicious after being frozen too. Cherita was great to work with, I called a couple time to make minor changes and she was totally receptive to changing them.

Sent on 11/26/2017

Moon Child Sweets's reply:

Than you do much for the review! It was great working with you and I'm glad I could make your day that much more special!

Tammy · Married on 04/30/2017

This is my second consecutive year ordering cupcakes from here. I'm telling you these are not your regular cupcakes. They're huge. Lol. It's so good and moist. Not like them cupcakes you would get at the supermarket that would be so sugary tasteing. I will keep ordering from here!!! Thank you guys!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Moon Child Sweets's reply:

Thanks so much! It was great working with you and I look forward to working with you in the future!
  • User7886720 · 1+ year ago

I loved the beautiful tropical flowers that moon child sweets provided me for my wedding cake. They were just what I wanted and the cake was delicious as well!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Moon Child Sweets's reply:

Thank you so much and I'm glad I could make your wedding day that much better! I look forward to working with you again in the future!

Lori · Married on 11/05/2016

Cherita was professional and pleasant. I wanted a cake and cookies that represented my sisters personality for her 60th birthday. She took on the challenge with a smile and made a cake in the shape of a tube of lipstick and cookies shaped like lips. The color matched the shade that my sister wears. This was the highlight of the party. The cookies were delicious and the cake was equality as good. Moon Child Sweets will be our vendor for future party and events.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Moon Child Sweets's reply:

I'm so glad you, your sister and everyone else loved the cake and cookies! It was a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you in the future!

Luv her recipe for everything really it's that good... Everything is fresh and made with love

Fabulous job on my groom's cake!

Justine · Married on 05/14/2016

Moon Child Sweets always aims to please their clients. I've been using this company for custom birthday cake creations for years now, and I don't plan on going anywhere else.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Moon Child Sweets's reply:

Thank you so much! I always look forward to your cake requests because they're always something new and challenging! I look forward to working with you again in the future!

Ashley · Married on 12/16/2015

If you have certain way you want something done this is the right person to do it. She is so great ok detail and taking any thought you have and turn it into reality. When it comes to wanting something done the right way the person has to be willing to listen and have a postive attitude and that are makor qualities that she has. If you are looking to remember something for a lifetime this is the person becasue she has done that for me!

Moon Child was a beautiful life saver! They helped me to send my sister a birthday surprise...a cup cakes for her first grade class :). They delivered too!

Monica · Married on 10/10/2015

Moon child sweets was amazing. Her flexibility was extraordinary, Any questions she was right there to answer. Professional and courteous.

Sent on 10/16/2015

Moon Child Sweets's reply:

Thank you do much for the review! It was a pleasure working you! I'm glad I could help add to your beautiful day!

We went with a simple two layer lemon poundcake cake and cupcakes for our guests and Cherita did a FANTASTIC job - the cake was moist and delicious and our guests raved about the cupcakes. We also had a special request of no shortening/partially hydrogenated oils and Cherita was able to make an all-butter cake - it was delicious! I would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Moon Child Sweets's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! It was a pleasure working with you and I hope to work with you again in the future!

Jessica · Married on 12/09/2013

Cherita has helped me with a few cakes for special events, but most recently she helped with my wedding cake. Her cakes always very tasty and beautiful. I highly recommend her for any baking/cake needs.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Moon Child Sweets's reply:

Thanks so much for the review last year!!! It was a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you in the future!! Please contact me at customcakes@moonchildsweets.com for a special offer I have for you to express my gratitude!!

Dorothy · Married on 05/17/2013

My sweetheart and I ordered a peanutbutter cake paired, by the chef's suggestion, with a vanilla buttercream. My husband is such a peanutbutter fan that it makes him super picky, and I, generally speaking, do not like cakes. My dislike of cakes developed because most chefs either use too much sugar or, if it's a really fancy cake, they pay more attention to the look and design of the cake, rather than to the flavor. It was a delight to have Moon Child Sweets do our wedding cake. Not only was it gorgeous but the flavor was perfect. The cake was as moist as it was delicious as it was beautiful - a perfect balance. And, most importantly, my groom was pleased with the rich peanutbutter flavor. We got a great value for the money spent on a quality cake and there were no worries on having enough portions of wedding cake for all of our guests. I am again a fan of cakes due to the artistry of Moon Child Sweets.

Aquil · Married on 07/13/2010

We were so satisfied with our wedding cake, that we buy all our cakes and deserts from this vendor. Just recently purchased a birthday cake for our son's 15th birthday.

Colette · Married on 03/27/2010

Moon Child Sweets was responsive to my every request. The baker helped me create a beautiful cupcake tree that displayed our cupcakes. They tasted awesome and the design was beautiful! All of our guests were impressed. The quality was a great value.

Melanie · Married on 11/28/2009

Moon Child Sweets did a fantastic job on the cupcakes for my wedding. They were beautiful, delicious and Cherita was very professional. I would recommend her services to anyone.

Thanks!,
    Melanie Stinson

Meredith · event on: 05/18/2014

Cherita has done cupcakes and cookies for me for birthdays in the past and they are always adorable and delicious. I give her the theme and an idea of what I want and she always exceeds my expectations! She has done ladybug cookies and princess wands baby birds and sparkly cupcakes. This time she went above and beyond with chocolate cupcakes and cookies in the shape of crosses and doves with white icing and pink piping for my daughter's Baptism. Everyone commented on how they were too pretty to eat but at the end of the day they were all gone! And they met the approval of the toughest cookie critics, my niece and nephew who ate a ton of them! I will be callling Cherita again for my daughter's up coming birthday and I'm sure I won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/08/2014

• User4237556 · event on: 07/05/2014

Cherita was very responsive to my needs and worked with me to do the cake that I envisioned for our daughter's birthday party within our budget. The cake was very pretty and delicious and tasted even better the next day! Overall we were very pleased with the cake and got a lot of compliments on it at the party. I would definitely use her again. Thanks again!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Judi · event on: 04/30/2014

Cherita was a pleasure to work with. I needed a special cake for my niece's 30th Birthday. I wanted something unique and sophisticated. Working together, Cherita came up with a design I was thrilled with, and the cake came out beautiful! Everyone raved about the cake, especially my niece. Not only was the cake gorgeous, it was delicious!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Melissa · event on: 02/22/2014

Cake was made to perfection with a design that was better than I imagined .

Sent on 07/15/2014

Justine · event on: 05/09/2014

I was provided top notch all around service from Moon Child Sweets! The owner was able to create a custom cake for my son's birthday that she had never made before. The final product was very pleasing, and my son loved it! I will definitely continue to use Moon Child Sweets for all of my birthday cake needs.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Bernadette · event on: 09/07/2014

I had the best experience with moon child sweets. Everything was perfect and delicious. I had very specific needs because the bride wanted something she had seen at another shower. Cherita was very helpful and totally understood what i wanted and that is what i got. Not only was the cupcake dress exactly what the bride asked for but it was bigger and tasted better than the one the bride saw before. Cherita was very helpful, totally flexible and easy to work with. I will definitely be using moon child sweets in the future. as far as the question underneath this asking "would i recommend this vendor to a friend?" not only would I but I already have.

Sent on 09/15/2014