Monterey Country Club Reviews

9 Reviews for Monterey Country Club

• Y

Yolanda · Getting married on 02/20/2021

Welcoming Atmosphere

I've tried to contact other venues with no response back, no professionalism, and they all make you feel like it's al about the money. Monterey CC makes you feel like family. Jeanette is the BEST! Accommodating, friendly, welcoming, peace of mind. That's everything a bridal party could hope for.

Sent on 02/10/2020

Kathleena · Getting married on 09/26/2020

I love this venue!

I haven't had my wedding yet but Jeanette has been amazing so far. She is flexible and patient. The venue is beautiful and the views are stunning. I can't wait to see how my day will turn out.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 12/02/2017

We loved our December wedding at MCC!!! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and was just what we were looking for. Tessa and her staff were amazing and ensured we were stress free. Our guests raved about the food and bar. Overall it was a great experience working with MCC.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Areli · Married on 06/16/2012

I totally loved my wedding here at Monterey Country Club. This place is BEAUTIFUL! My family and guest were all happy with the service and loved this place. Mike since day one that my dad and I went to check it out was very helpful and pleased to work with us! Then I met Shelley and the sweetest lady ever! She helped me out a lot with my wedding planning at Monterey Country Club by giving me ideas and overall just helping me out on everything! The food.... oh my it was DELICIOUS!!!! My husband and I loved it and after the wedding my husband and I were told by our family and friends that they LOVED the food. The servers that were there at our wedding were great! Very attentive and giving us what we needed. I would really want to thank Mike and Selley for making my wedding venue beautiful and unforgettable! Tables were set beautiful! Thank you so much for an amazing time at Monterey Country Club. Shelley I am so thankful for all your attention during my wedding event and for all your help regarding my wedding planning! Mike, the food was DELICIOUS! The presentation was lovely! Thank you Thank you sooo much!!!

Sent on 09/28/2012

I got married here a couple weekends ago. Shelly, the director of the cc, was great. The day of the wedding she was very helpful and throughout the wedding she was on top of making sure guests were in the right place and that everything started on time. The inside of the club house is so beautiful I didn't even decorate the inside. And the food was amazing. I get told all the time by my guests that the food was amazing! There was a small problem in the very beginning months back, but Shelly made up for it.

Sent on 05/28/2013
  • Danielle

Danielle Saul · Married on 02/16/2019

Very flexible and accommodating

The manager John and the coordinator Jeanette were wonderful. They were extremely welcoming and helpful and made sure to help make everything happen for me. Also, you cannot beat the price! I would truly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • User2017789 · 2+ years ago

3.6
      3.0
      2.5
      3.5

The ceremony and venue site were amazing, as well as the quality of the food. The only thing that was lacking was the fact that at the end of the day the members of the club took priority over wedding parties. Two weeks prior to the wedding we were notified our setup time went from 5 hours to 60 minues. Also, that the venue can bump a wedding if a member of the club wants to use the space.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Karina · Married on 03/07/2015

1.8
      2.5
      3.0
      1.0

We should have known we were going to have problems with this venue the year prior to our wedding when every time we tried to get ahold of the food and beverage director in "charge" of our wedding, we had to basically chase him: call and email several times prior to getting a response (not the best of feelings with wedding planning). This venue is extremely unreliable and unprofessional. They rushed us out at the end of the night by throwing full plates of food away (we hired a taco guy for the end of the night and guests were not done eating), trashing everything from the tables including party favors (they didn't even give us a chance to look through them.) The worst part of it is we had so many things missing from jewelry, to a camera, to several hundreds of dollars in cash that our guests gave us as gifts at the gift table (in card and envelopes of course). When we attempted to inform them of this the food and beverage director suggested members of my bridal party were to blame as they were "in and out of the rooms". They had to be due to the fact that the bride was locked out of one of the changing rooms with all our stuff in there at the end of the night so we asked our bridal party to move our things for us. We called every time we heard something else was missing and eventually they stopped returning our calls. The best part of the wedding was the banquet captain who had to leave as her shift was over, and everything went downhill from there. I'm extremely disappointed in their professionalism. We didn't even receive an apology from them, nor did they validate our frustrations. What is most upsetting is our guests had things missing too which is an embarrassment when its your wedding. I would not do business with this vendor while they're under their current supervision (other than the banquet captain).

Sent on 05/11/2015
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 02/18/2017

1.6
      1.0

We picked this place because the venue was beautiful. The coordinator was no help. When you need help you can never find her and I'd send her emails or call and I'd just get that her computer was down . When we planned everything she would insist she would be there with us all day on our wedding day, day of she left right after ceremony. Tells us the food director will help us instead, he is already running around back in forth so he can't help much. We asked if she always does this and he said yes. So if I'd known I was getting no help here I wouldn't have picked this place.

Sent on 03/04/2017