Montaluce Winery Reviews

Montaluce Winery 6
Montaluce Winery 7

Haley · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing amazing amazing

WOW. Wow is honestly the only thing there is to say about the service Montaluce provided my husband and I (+ our family and friends) for our wedding. Everything was absolutely superb. The staff were incredibly accommodating and kind, the food was beyond delicious, and Shelby literally blew us away. No stone was left unturned- even the smallest details were perfectly executed. I am so type A, and Shelby was always so patient and literally did a perfect job the day of. It ended up raining on our day and we had to move to the wine production room, and honestly, it was more beautiful than outside would have been. It was so romantic and intimate and I'm actually so happy it rained and forced us to move. It was the most amazing ceremony space.

We have had endless texts, calls, and conversations with guests who said not only was the wedding beautiful, but that it was the prettiest wedding/most perfect wedding they had ever attended. Multiple guests said it was the best food they have ever tasted. One guest made a point to tell me that “they had tried to find something to critique, but they could not find a single thing wrong with anything.”

From the moment I walked into Montaluce, I knew it had to be the place I married my best friend. Well, now that the “I do’s” are done, I can easily tell you that was the best decision I could have ever made. Montlauce made our dream wedding possible. So to the chef, kitchen staff, wait staff, bar staff, set up/break down staff, security, Katie, and especially Shelby who treated us like royalty and corrected my florist’s mistakes when they refused to... THANK YOU. Thank you for all of you hard work and kindness throughout this entire process. Literally, my florist forgot multiple items and Shelby knew I was so upset. When they refused to return, Shelby literally went around and found ways to correct their mistakes for me. This team was a pleasure to work with. We loved every moment. So if you can swing getting married here- DO IT!!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Montaluce Winery 20
    Montaluce Winery 21

Taylor · Married on 04/13/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Our wedding at Montaluce last weekend was truly the best weekend of my life. Montaluce and their staff truly made it such a smooth process. The venue itself is beautiful, and the guests are still raving about how good the food was! Shelby, the coordinator was an angel on earth (but she runs a tight ship to make sure everything is perfect!) I honestly can’t think of a single thing that could have been better. I wish we could get married 1000 more times just to do it at this venue!

Sent on 04/21/2019
    Montaluce Winery 22
    Montaluce Winery 23
    Montaluce Winery 24
    Montaluce Winery 25

Marilyn · Married on 09/15/2017

Perfection is the word to describe Montaluce. The venue is breathtaking, exquisite food and unbelievable service. Event and wedding planner were extremely helpful and responsive. Wish we could do it all again! Ten stars!!!

Sent on 09/22/2017
  • Blissful Bride

Diana · Married on 07/07/2017

Montaluce is a great venue! The onsite wedding coordinators are awesome.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2017

If I could go back and do it all over again, I would. There's nothing that I would have changed about our wedding day at Montaluce. Everyone worked to make it a night that my husband and I, as well as all of our guests will never forget. Jessie, Katie, and the rest of the staff (chef, servers, bartenders, etc.) were absolutely fantastic leading up to our wedding day, and Jessie was just an absolute pleasure to work with the week and day of our wedding (rock star is the word that comes to mind).

Everyone made everything easy and just seamless, which is so nice during such a busy time. We had bad weather the day of our wedding, and what everyone did do to move from outside to inside was unbelievable. So many people have told us that our Plan B (the wine production room), was the best Plan B they have ever seen for a wedding, and even better than our original location (out by the tree).

It was a destination wedding for almost all of our guests, and everyone has and continues to rave about the venue, the food, the service, and the overall experience. We're still hearing about all of the appetizers (whipped goat cheese, and truffle mac and cheese keep getting mentioned), and dinner. Also to note: we had several guests with food allergies or dietary restrictions, and each person has mentioned how attentive the servers were in addressing their particular needs throughout the night. This made the evening so much more enjoyable for our friends and family, that usually have a hard time enjoying a meal that they don't cook themselves.

If you're questioning yourself about getting married in Dahlonega, Georgia (trust me, I had so many people ask why there?); Montaluce takes all of that away. Everyone is still raving about everything from our wedding, and a lot of that is because of Montaluce and the service that everyone provided there.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Melissa · Married on 03/11/2017

AMAZING place to have a wedding. From the staff (Jessie was the greatest), to the food, to the beautiful venue, the perfect place to get married. I had ZERO worries that day. I would choose Montaluce again in a heart beat!

Sent on 03/16/2017

Samantha · Married on 11/14/2015

My husband and I were so pleased with Katie and her staff at Montaluce. They truly made our wedding day so incredibly special. They went above and beyond for some of our special request!!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Could not have picked a better place for our wedding! Guests felt like they were transported to Italy to celebrate with us! I highly recommend it!

Sent on 08/13/2015

We had our ceremony and reception at Montaluce Winery & Estates. The venue is absolutely breathtaking - the food was fantastic and the Event team went out of their way to make sure our special day went well. Katie was an absolute pleasure to work with and went above and beyond our expectations. We've heard nothing but great feedback from our guests about how beautiful the wedding was and how great the food was. Thank you Elizabeth, Katie and everyone at Montaluce who helped make our day perfect!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Grace · Married on 11/23/2013

Kara and Elizabeth really made our day wonderful. I was very anal about every little detail and prob. filled their voicemails and email inboxes many many times. Each time they responded within that day or the next and assured me the day would be beautiful. I cannot express how much we loved our wedding and how many compliments we still hear from friends/family about the whole setup. Not only was the staff very attentive and catering ,but also the food and wine was equally as amazing!

Sent on 02/19/2014

Chris · Married on 10/05/2013

Elizabeth and her staff at Montaluce were amazing at making our wedding a complete success! Since our wedding many guests have told us that our wedding was the best they had ever been to. We had a great time at Montaluce for our big day and would highly recommend them if you want a venue that will blow your guests away!

Sent on 11/15/2013

Megan · Married on 09/21/2013

Elizabeth, Stephanie and the rest of the wedding team at Montaluce were amazing to work with! From the day I booked the date to the very end of the reception, the attention to detail was awesome. Everyone was very responsive and answered every question I had. They really cater to you and make you feel so special on your big day! The venue is stunning! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone in the future!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Skye · Married on 03/10/2012

This venue was perfect! The entire staff went above and beyond anything the groom and I could have ever expected. The food, wine and service awesome! During the planning process Elizabeth was so great a getting back to me via email and phone! She made the decision making process so easy for me considering I was planning long distance. I wish I could do it all again!

Sent on 04/04/2012
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2011

Montaluce was the backdrop for our fall wedding and it couldn't have been more perfect for us. It is a mix of rustic and refined, warmth and beauty. The second we walked in we fell in love with the space and that feeling continued each and every time we returned. The staff is amazing - Tracy worked with us to make sure everything was taken care of and ready to go the day of the wedding. Even during the reception she was on hand to oversee everything and make sure we had anything we needed. The food at Montaluce was incredible. We have a lot of foodies in our group and everyone is still raving about the food. I've been to a lot of weddings, but none can compete with the amazing menu they prepared. The entire staff went out of their way to accommodate our requests and ensure that we had the perfect wedding day.

Sent on 11/21/2011

Montaluce was spectacular. Out of the entire wedding I had one complaint - we had to move our wedding inside due to weather and that was fine, we liked the indoor location in the basement area where they make the wine, it was very cool. However, the aisle is lined with yellow and black duct tape that we were assured would be covered up because it looked like construction site decor but it never was covered. I was unaware of this until I was actually walking down the aisle and it was too late--it looks awful in the photos. HOWEVER, this is minor in the whole scheme of things and the entire venue was amazing, GORGEOUS, super flexible, helpful and accommodating!! Amazing food and bar services and just overall an incredible and magical place to get married, I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone :)

Sent on 04/13/2014
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/12/2011

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Super helpful staff and beautiful location.

Sent on 09/01/2011
  • Omar

Omar · Married on 11/06/2010

Montaluce was an absolute dream come true for my husband and I. We were engaged at Montaluce and knew we wanted to get married there immediately. Elizabeth was a dream to work with and there was no other vendor I dealt with that was as flexible as Montaluce. Anything we asked for or needed the answer was always "Sure, we can do that!" They even gave us an additional hour for our reception since the ceremony started late due to my wedding planner forgetting the wine for the wine ceremony (at no fault of Montaluce!) Perfect site, super flexible, and gorgeous in photos! Worth the expense! Thank you Elizabeth and Montaluce!!

Sent on 02/28/2011

kate · Married on 10/29/2017

We got married at the Montaluce in October and it was wonderful! The girls who work with you to plan your wedding are so sweet and helpful. Jessie, the coordinator, was amazing on the day of. I just felt frazzled the day before and morning of running around and having our family in town. But Jessie was on top of everything the whole time and kept the timeline on track the day of. The staff there was also super friendly from valet to the bartenders and servers. And obviously the facility is beautiful and the restaurant has amazing food. We are really happy we chose to have our wedding there!

Sent on 12/17/2017
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2014

The Montaluce is a gorgeous venue that has the most spectacular views. From day one, our planning team Kara and Katie were fantastic explaining all of our options and answering all of our questions (and believe me I had a lot of them). Yes, when you add everything up it can get a little pricy but, I checked out many wineries (in several states) and that is the nature of type of venue. You do have to use their day of coordinator and she was worth every single penny. Our parents (and several guests) noted how they were everywhere on our wedding day, making sure everything was perfect and accommodating every request that was thrown at them (a silly example, while getting ready I needed a diet coke bad and Katie was back with one for me in like 2 minutes flat). She took care of contacting all the vendors and setting them up along with the room. All of our decor looked fantastic, and at the end of the night she made sure everything was packed away safely in my mother's car so there was nothing left for us to take care of. The food was fantastic, and while the initial portions were small, they came back around with seconds for anyone who wanted some more (the mashed potatoes were to die for). We did spring for the candle package and I'm so glad we did! The atmosphere it added was incredible and we only used flowers as accents to the candles. The most beautiful setting we could have ever asked for.

The venue also did our dessert. After being in the service industry for so long and watching many a cake get tossed, we opted to do finger desserts in place of a cake. The in-house pastry chef at the Montaluce is amazing! She had a ton of suggestions for us and was able to accommodate our request for fruit tartlets with ease. The display was beautiful!

I highly recommend the Montaluce to any bride and would absolutely have my wedding there again if I had to do it all over (actually, for our 5 year we are thinking about doing a vow renewal ceremony here).

Sent on 10/26/2014
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 03/08/2013

Montaluce Winery and Estates was incredible! From the first meeting, Elizabeth and Stephanie did everything to ensure our wedding was perfect. The venue is beautiful, the food is fantastic, and we loved working with Stephanie, our month-of coordinator. The day went so smoothly and I never felt any stress because Stephanie had everything covered.

Sent on 03/23/2013

mary · Married on 11/11/2011

We worked with Elizabeth Buck and her team. We feel in love with the venue upon getting lost looking for another venue. Quite serendipitous, I suppose!

Elizabeth is very easy to work with. She's extremely busy as well, so we weren't able to speak to her as much as we would like to. I'm sure she tried her best so I'm not taking that against her.

The venue was very pricey so we had to cut on a lot of other things (event planner, exit ride, etc) but since our guest loved it so much I guess it's worth it.

They used to have a policy of only using their recommended cake vendor, but they let us use our own which was great.

The food is good, however lacks MAJOR seasoning. It definitely tasted better during out tasting. But I understand it's hard to control quality with so many people.

The most important thing is, we all enjoyed ourselves and we're now married and that's all that matters.

Sent on 01/07/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/28/2014

3.0

We fell in love with Montaluce Winery when we first saw it. Our guests loved the property & we had so many compliments on how beautiful it was. We did our tasting in April for a June wedding. The food was all incredible & we were so pleased with the menu we selected. A week or so before the wedding the chef requested us to change a side of pasta to something else due to having 160 guests. We had already handmade our own menus so we said we wanted to stick to the original menu & they were ok with that. We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was - especially the braised short rib & the goat cheese whipped mashed potatoes! Montaluce does require that you pay for their day or coordinator if you are not bringing in your own. For the last month of the planning process we worked with Stephanie (day of coordinator) on the details for decor, the timeline & logistics. She also reached out to all our vendors the week before the wedding to confirm arrival times, equipment needs, vendor meal preferences. She was very helpful during the rehearsal going through the flow of the ceremony. I would recommend using her instead of bringing in your own coordinator - she knows the ins & outs of the venue! On wedding day she was great getting all the vendors set up & attending to our needs. Our ceremony started on time & flowed smoothly! After the ceremony we did have a couple of frustrations. We didn't have the golf cart that was supposed to take the photographer & us around the property for photos. We definitely feel we missed out on shots we wanted. There were certain elements off with the decor from what was planned, but mostly everything was correct. Another complaint is that you have to make a call about rain at 10 AM. So much can change between 10 AM & 6 PM. We chanced it & got lucky that the rain held out despite 40% chance. Also, beware they do nickle & dime - everything costs extra (valet, coordinator, candles, etc). We are still happy we had our wedding there!

Sent on 07/15/2014

3.8
      2.0

Montaluce is a beautiful location for a wedding. The grounds and the building are stunning.
    Our coordinators, Stephanie, Katie, and Jessie were amazing. They kept everything on schedule. Anything we asked for was taken care of immediately. Even when we had a medical emergency, all was handled perfectly. I can't say enough good things about them!
    My only complaint, and it's a major complaint, is the food service.
    When we went for our consultation to choose our menu, the food was delicious and presented beautifully with nice sized portions.
    With the number of guest at our wedding, we had to use the family style option which had everything being served from platters. The presentation was not very pretty. I heard one of our guest comment how everything was just white on white plates. That's because the dish isn't presented as it is when it's brought to you as a complete entree. It comes in separately.
    Even the salad was presented poorly. Depending on when you were served, it could have been just an $11 pile of lettuce, none of the extras that were to be in the salad seemed to make it onto the plate.
    The almost $40 entrees, although very delicious, were extremely small.
    We had a fish dish and the braised short rib. Everyone was given a piece that was equal to the size of two fingers.
    Myself and my parents were very embarrassed when we got feedback from several friends about the meal. It's bad when people are still hungry after passed appetizers, soup, salad, sides, and entree. We felt bad and definitely do not feel we got what we expected with the money that was spent.
    We were told that the entree is passed and small portions are offered to make sure everyone gets something, then seconds are offered. Many asked for seconds but were never given anything. Which makes me ask, where did all the food go?
    I will say I would still choose Montaluce for my wedding. If I could, I would choose to have buffet so the guest can get what they need.

Sent on 08/01/2014