The Monarch Studio Reviews

The Monarch Studio 5
The Monarch Studio 6
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/25/2019

Scott photographed our "weddingmoon"/destination wedding and I couldn't have asked for anyone better! Since none of our family members were coming to Florida with us, having a quality, professional photographer was extremely important to me. I wanted someone who could translate the spirit of the day into photographs so that we could share that spirit with our family and friends back home and Scott did just that. I really liked that he was incredibly fast at posting some teasers online so that we were able to share them with everyone the day after our wedding. He also made us feel comfortable which was really appreciative, considering aside from the staff at our inn, we knew no one! If you're thinking about booking Scott, I highly suggest that you do -- he's professional, works in a timely manner, and makes the entire process comfortable and worry-free!

Sent on 10/02/2013
  • Deanna

Deanna Affeld · Married on 05/15/2019

Fairy tale

Scott and Zach were absolutely amazing to work with! They were such an incredible team! We could not of asked for a more beautiful day and the photos and video they created were breathtaking. Not to mention they were so accommodating to all of us there. Thank you so much for being a part of our day! We love you both.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Sarah A · Married on 10/27/2018

Creative effective photography

Zach and his team did an amazing job of perfectly capturing our wedding day. The initial consultation was great to learn about Monarch's photography styles and how the day would progress; Zach was very attentive in listening to what we were looking for and made great suggestions along the way. The day of the wedding, Zach and his team captured all the special moments we could have hoped for and even some shots we weren't expecting. The editing of the photos was beautiful and he got our photos back to us ahead of schedule. Thanks for great work Zach!

Sent on 12/31/2018

April Fitzsimmons · Married on 10/21/2018

Perfect experience

Zach and his team went above and beyond our expectations. The pictures are beautiful and working with him was a great experience.

Sent on 12/18/2018
    The Monarch Studio 7
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/19/2018

Absolutely stunning pictures of our wedding day

Monarch Studio was recommended to my husband and I for our wedding. We discussed our wedding plans with Zach and right off the bat we hit it off and decided to place our deposit and secure them to handle photography for the most important day of our lives.
    Zach was full of recommendations for our day of planning. As we got closer to the wedding he met with us in person and went through the day's planning in great detail. We left the meeting feeling we were in great hands and knew exactly what to expect.
    The day of our wedding Zach and his team were with us for 13 hours straight. Gently guiding us to pose in just the right ways and always inserting a bit of humor to break up times that can get a little crazy. Zach and his team new exactly where to be at all times. We started off with a bright sunny day with inside and outside photos, church photos, sunsets, candlelight, sparklers to a midnight carriage ride to take us away. All of the photos came out exceptional!
    We received our full digital gallery in 4 weeks which was 4 weeks ahead of schedule. We are so please there are so many that just take our breath away.
    We highly recommend Monarch Studio and Zach Thomas. They worked their tails off and the end product was AMAZING!!!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Allie · Married on 04/07/2018

I could not say enough good things about our experience with Monarch and especially Zach Thomas. Zach drove 20 hours roundtrip to photograph our wedding in Williamsburg, Virginia and gave us the most amazing pictures we have ever seen. Throughout the whole wedding planning process, was Zach and the team at Monarch were accomodating, professional, and always quick to respond to all of my (annoying I'm sure) emails. Zach actually took the time to really understand what kind of pictures we wanted and 100% delivered. All of our guests commented on how hard he was working and the fun attitude he still managed to have throughout the very long day of shooting. The photos we got back were absolutely incredible and give us an amazing keepsake to remember the best day of our lives.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Chamroeun · Married on 03/17/2018

Well long story short I met and spoke with Zach 2 weeks prior to our event. Yes 2 Weeks lol. The moment we talk we just click. I remember being at his Studio and admiring Monarch work and Zach ask me what do i want in pictures. I told him man your Still shots on the wall looks amazing but i wanted something different. I wanted those plus shots that shows character like love, fun, happiness and whatever else that came along. I know its a life time opportunity but I don't just want the perfect pose in every shot. I wanted to showcase the realness from the event. Zach and Cody did just that. I honestly didn't feel like i Hired them . I felt like they were my friend just hanging out with us lol. The shots came out just like that. Every pictures just screams out " Love, Happiness, Fun and Crazy". Thank you for that. It was a pleasure being your first vow renewal.

Sent on 05/06/2018
    The Monarch Studio 8
    The Monarch Studio 9
    The Monarch Studio 10

Caitlyn · Married on 11/20/2017

My husband and I worked with Scott Smith for our wedding photos and we are very happy with how they turned out. We are both not used to standing for pictures and Scott and his assistant made us feel extremely comfortable and at ease. He was especially perfect for our wedding because he was familiar with the St. Augustine wedding venues so he knew where to take us for great photos. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a very talented and friendly photographer to take their wedding pictures!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Karlyn · Married on 10/28/2017

Zach is the absolute best. He made everyone so comfortable & everyone had a blast with him.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Anja Barbara · Married on 07/15/2017

Zach Thomas is just amazing! For years I have had the pleasure of working with him and could not in a million years think of anyone else I would want to take my wedding pictures! He came to Miami for my wedding and was so wonderful with my requests and truly has such a great eye for detail. I cannot recommend him enough, he is that awesome! You will not be disappointed if you choose him as your photographer for your special day. Truly top notch!

Sent on 07/26/2017

A · Married on 07/07/2017

Scott recently traveled all the way to Montana to photograph our wedding. He was so easy to work with and has an awesome personality. Even though it was 103 degrees outside, he still captured one of the most amazing pictures a couple could have asked for. He even hired a local assistant to help him on our wedding day at no extra cost to us and extended his hours longer. Scott, thank you for coming all the way to Montana and capturing the beautiful memories of our special day. We appreciate the 10 hours you and your assistance put in for our day. The pics are wonderful. They are the best thing about the whole process of a wedding. The best part is how easy you made it for us. You were fun and easy going. You obviously take pride in what you do and we appreciate it. If you haven't had the pleasure of Scott taking your photo's, do so. Thank you, Scott.

Sent on 10/23/2017
    The Monarch Studio 11
    The Monarch Studio 12

Megan · Married on 05/13/2017

We were so pumped to get to work with Monarch Studio! Scott & his team at Monarch Studio were a dream to work with! From the first day, Scott was easy to communicate with and jumped right in to our crazy idea to have a reception at a brewery. The client portal was easy to navigate and efficient. On our wedding day, Scott & his assistant were timely, efficient, professional and brought some great energy. They took our ideas and made them even better. The final photos turned out great and the online gallery is very easy to use. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Shae · Married on 04/21/2017

For years I have been admiring Zach's photography work on Facebook, and I promised myself that if I ever got married, I would ask Zach to be my photographer. We ran track and cross country together in high school, and he was one of my favorite people because of many reasons but mostly because of his great sense of humor and kind heart. We were even prom dates! From the day I called him to ask him to photograph our wedding to the very end of the reception, I felt like we were in the best of hands. No detail was missed! He guided us through the scheduling of the wedding day and offered advice when we asked, but he always insisted that it was my husband and my day, so we had the final say. On the day of the wedding, he captured the bridal and groom party getting ready by working so hard to meet his scheduled timing to catch certain moments at two different venues. His attention to detail and and continuous momentum to capture the most precious moments until the very end of the reception had us all thankful for all of his hard work. He was so easy to work with and always had us laughing. Everyone loved him! I have never seen any photographer work as hard as he did, and I have been to many weddings. If you are looking for the best photographer who works tirelessly, has a big heart and awesome sense of humor, I recommend Zach Thomas with Monarch Studios. The pictures are amazing, and we will cherish them for a lifetime! Worth every penny!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Dorothea · Married on 04/01/2017

Zach from Monarch Studio is a perfect (yes, perfect), spectacular, talented, personable, warm and fun photographer!!! We absolutely love him!!! He melted into our day, became one of the family, all while maintaining his professionalism, getting the job done seamlessly!!! Oh and his photos!!! Breathtaking shots, stunningly gorgeous portraits, catching every important second of the day!! Everyone adored him! Caught all the fun of the reception! Worked diligently, staying with the flow, coordinated with the DJ and our venue, The White Room, not once did anyone miss a beat!!! One photo after another, unbelievably amazing!! Zach is a genius!! Totally the very best!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Nicole · Married on 01/14/2017

I will have to work with these guys again, Scott and Cody, when the next occasion arises. These guys were awesome. We have not seen our wedding pictures as of yet, we can’t wait!!!! We were married at The White Room January 14, 2017. They kept with our wedding day timeline and were very good at keeping in touch with each other while we were out doing pictures so Jason and I did not accidentally run into each other.
    We never had a chance to do engagement photos but we are planning a small vacation again in St. Augustine (as we do several times a year) with hopes of setting up another photo session with Scott at his availability.

Sent on 01/24/2017

Melissa · Married on 11/12/2016

Hands down the best photographers in St. Augustine! Zach is so much fun.. all of our guests loved him! Worth every penny. Monarch Studios is the way to go!!!

Sent on 12/04/2016

michelle · Married on 10/08/2016

Absolutely amazing behind the camera! I could not have wished for better pictures or photographer to work with! Extremely creative, flexible, captured every moment perfectly and I would HIGHLY recommend this studio for any occasion! Truly thankful for the care and talent Monarch Studio provided for my wedding day.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Brooke · Married on 11/07/2015

We hired Scott and Dave to travel to Naples, FL to photograph our Wedding weekend. They photographed both our Rehearsal Dinner, and our Wedding. We customized our package to include all the things and number of hours we felt were necessary to ensure they would be at all the important events. Scott was very flexible moving around the number of hours to accommodate our changing wedding plans. Scott and Dave were very kind to us, and our wedding party. They are nice, professional, outgoing, and very courteous! So far, we have seen the previews of our photos, and are very impressed with the quality, and detail. Scott has a great eye for unique lighting opportunities. They were flexible in making the most of the massive downpours that caused our wedding to be moved inside. Our wedding was the most fun and meaningful night of our lives, and Monarch was able to capture the beauty of our love, and our event in each photo! I'd use Monarch Studios all over again in a heart beat!!!!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Casey · Married on 11/07/2015

Zach and Cody did an AMAZING job with our wedding pictures. Even before we saw any of our pictures, many of our wedding guests were complimenting how wonderful of a job they did capturing everything. We look at them almost every day and I'm more than pleased with the way they turned out. They are absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Sara · Married on 10/02/2015

I was very impressed with Scott and Monarch studio. They are incredibly fun, laid-back people. They were also very flexible: I preferred a specific package of theirs but I didn't need the engagement photo portion of the package. Scott let me switch out the photo booth option from another package in place of the engagement shoot, and the photo booth made all the difference! My guests loved the photo booth, the pictures were very high quality, my guests had access to the pictures for sharing, and they really loved it! Our personal pictures came out beautifully. There were a lot of really beautiful edits made, and I particularly loved the "action" pictures. I was also amazed at how well they covered the whole wedding, snapping shots of things I didn't even see because I was so overwhelmed with all the wedding minutiae. Finally, I love the package i chose! I have the rights to over 600 photos so I can get any one printed at any time! Thanks Scott!

Sent on 12/31/2015

We hired Monarch Studio for my daughter's wedding. Scott and David were the photographers and they were a great choice. First off, you will have a hard time finding photographers that have higher artistic and technical standards. Everyone who has seen our photos have been stunned. Scott and David also have a knack for working with the wedding party. They knew how to make my daughter at ease on such a big day and it is reflected in her photographs. In addition, they were thorough in getting all of the shots while being very professional in their presence. Hire them and you will be glad you did! You only get one chance at this.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Maria · Married on 08/29/2015

Our wedding pictures read the like a story from beginning to finish! Many have told us that our photographs look like they came out of a magazine. They did an amazing job of capturing the emotion of the day and also creating amazing shots. Their knowledge of the best places to take pictures at Our church and venue was very thorough. They were excellent at helping my husband and I relax during the picture taking process due to their calmness and professionalism. They are worth every penny!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Margo · Married on 06/11/2015

It was so wonderful having Scott and David shoot our wedding, a "Double Crown" partner package-- which really allowed one partner to be with me while I was getting ready downtown, and the other partner to be with my husband when he got ready at the beach. I'm so in love with all our beautiful pictures, it really captured the FUN and LOVE of our day. Scott and David met with me a week before the wedding, listened to me and went over the day, and they scouted the location of our wedding so on the day-of I didn't have to worry about a thing. They knew where all the shots would happen, and I felt relaxed and in the hands of true professionals.

Monarch really cares about the experience of the day. When we got the pictures, I was so in love with all the moments they captured that were unique to our day-- it was a true and beautiful representation of our wedding. (Full disclosure: my husband is a partner with Monarch Studio, but being on the client side was a totally unique experience.)

Sent on 12/17/2015

Kathy · Married on 06/06/2015

Very easy going and accommodating. Highly recommend. Such wonderful pictures.

Sent on 12/17/2015