Moments By Monica Reviews

40 | Woodstock, GA

40 Reviews for Moments By Monica

• Claire

Claire Young · Getting married on 07/08/2021

All around wonderful, thoughtful, and professional photographer!

Monica is just amazing all around! She did my boudoir session, engagement session, and wedding. Each time we got our pictures back SO FAST, and they were just amazing! She captured my husband and me so well, even though we were kind of awkward and nervous in front of the camera. She helped us relax and got truly great shots. Beyond her work, Monica is the best kind of person. She genuinely cares for her clients. This helps so much when you're trusting someone to capture your big day. Honestly, Monica was my go-to person to keep everyone on schedule and answer all my random questions on my wedding day. She even made sure our caterer set aside dessert for my husband and me at our wedding when our guests were descending upon the dessert table! I cannot recommend Monica enough! Book her now, you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Wilda · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Truly amazing!

If you’re wanting beautiful wedding photos, look no further!!! Monica is such a wonderful and highly talented photographer. From the first meeting to the day of the wedding, Monica put my husband and I at ease and explained the entire process. Monica takes the time to get to known her clients which made our decision to choose her for our special day a piece of cake. Monica was very professional and had a unique talent for making even the not so photogenic individuals (my husband and I) look amazing on our wedding day. We unfortunately had a tropical storm roll through on our wedding day, but Monica was able to capture gorgeous photographs. My friends, family and co-workers have been raving about how stunning our photographs look and I couldn’t have been more pleased. Words can’t express how thankful I am that we chose Monica and her team for our photography! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Heather

Heather L Pavik · Getting married on 04/04/2020

Look No Further

As an overwhelmed bride planning a wedding by herself I turned to the great resource of Facebook for suggestion. I posted that I was looking for an experienced, fun photographer that has a keen eye for candid moments. I got over a dozen replies with Monica Kirkland of Moments by Monica tagged. She exceeded all of those expectations.

I went to her website and saw a picture of a one of the bridal party's fathers chugging from a bottle of Fireball with a genuine look of terror on his face. I was sold right then. I had an initial meeting with Monica, and I was so impressed with her knowledge as well as her fun-loving, kind, charismatic demeanor. Her packages are very reasonably priced, and included the engagement session.

We had an engagement session with our psycho dog. Monica not only rolled with having on hand on the camera and one on the leash, but also got the only photo of our dog in existence where he doesn't look miserable. She stayed in constant contact throughout the few month before the wedding, and was a resource for any question I had (photo related or not!).

My entire wedding party was impressed with her efficiency with the formal photos, and all of the shots turned out amazingly. She would make sure my lipstick was in check, and that I had no stray hairs. At the reception she caught every amazing moment (including my brother removing his shirt and nearly his belt), but did not interfere with any of the proceedings.

The photos were the most important part of the day for me because they are all I have left to remember the day. Monica captured the day beautifully and I will 100 percent be hiring her in the future. Thanks again Monica!

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Emily

Emily Thompson · Married on 01/04/2020

Everything I hoped for in a wedding photographer!

Hiring Monica was probably the best decision I made for my wedding! Her photos are incredible and I am constantly getting compliments on my engagement and wedding photos! From the first time I contacted her, Monica has felt like a friend- super kind, responsive and professional. She's a great communicator and really listens to your vision and makes it happen! My wedding day was quite stressful and overwhelming and she really stepped up to the plate by taking initiative in rallying the wedding party and getting every photo I asked for! My husband and I are awkward in front of the camera but Monica made us feel relaxed and made us look like naturals in the photos! I love candid photos and she really captured what I hoped for! I really am so thankful I have found my forever photographer- we'll definitely use her in the future for kids and holidays!

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Mrs.Bowden

Yao Wu · Married on 11/16/2019

We loved working with Monica!

Monica is such a talented photographer! She is professional and easy to work with. Our engagement and wedding photos came out great! I have gone through our reception photos a thousand times with a big smile on my face, because she really captured some amazing moments of us and our friends. Thank you, Monica!!!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Karla

Karla · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfect Fit!

Monica and her partner Katie are an absolute pleasure to work with. They are both so down to earth, professional and fun. They have a way to make you feel so comfortable, even when being in front of the camera is not your thing. Our engagement photos were beautiful but our wedding day pictures,...OMG!!! I will let them speak for themselves. We are in love with every single one of the "sneak peaks", can't wait to see the rest. Moment's by Monica is worth every penny!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Lana · Married on 09/21/2019

I loved working with Monica!

Monica was truly the best to work with. From the beginning she really wanted to get to know Andrew and I and learn what was important to us on our wedding day and from day one we could sense her passion for photography. My husband and I are not big on having our picture taken and Monica made it fun and so easy. She listened to everything I requested and delivered it all. I received several comments from my family and bridal party that they really enjoyed Monica and thought she did a great job - one of my wedding guests even booked her 2020 wedding with her! We got our pictures back in less time than the window she had given and we LOVE them. Thank you, Monica, for capturing our special day.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Taylor Burns · Married on 06/01/2019

Best photographer ever

Monica was hands down the best photographer I could’ve picked for my wedding! She is so great and super personable! My family loved her and we would highly recommend her! She finalized my wedding photos very quickly and they are AMAZING!! I cannot wait to have another life event so we can do it all over again!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Cody

Cody Jensen · Married on 05/10/2019

Monica is a true professional

It was great working with Monica. Not only was she organized and flexible, but she guided the bride and groom and families with ease. She is delightful to work with and has an eye for detail. She's a true professional.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Georgia · Married on 03/28/2019

Amazing and Professional

Monica was amazing. She was very patient with my chaotic family. She was also able to get amazing photos in the little time we had her booked. She's also very great at keeping you up to date on the things she is doing for you. Very professional. Very kind.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Brandi · Married on 11/17/2018

Incredible Experience and Photos

I absolutely loved my experience with Monica. She was not only super sweet and personable, but she was also very knowledgeable and professional. I actually felt like I had already known her by the time we got to wedding day - even though we hadn't met in person yet. We received our first look/wedding/ and reception photos just over 4 weeks after our wedding day - which was exactly perfect! I even loved how Monica would post some photos on Instagram and Facebook leading up to the big reveal of our gallery. Absolutely check out her work and I would 100% recommend her for not only your wedding photos, but any sort of special event you want to capture the moment. My absolute favorite thing about the photos she took was her skill to capture each moment - not on mine and my husbands, but the guests. It's truly magical getting to see all the little details you, personally, end up missing while the craziness of your wedding is going on.

Sent on 12/21/2018
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 11/10/2018

Monica is amazing. I booked her to shoot my wedding in November 2018 and we just did our engagement shoot on Weds. 1/4. She was really good about communication and was right on time for the shoot. We were worried the photos might come out looking awkward, forced, or strange because it was freeeezing that day, but the photos are gorgeous- way better than I expected. And you can't tell that we were shivering & couldn't feel our fingers the whole time. Not to mention she sent me my album of edited photos TWO DAYS after the shoot. I couldn't have asked for more, and I'm so excited to have Monica shoot my wedding later this year!

Sent on 01/07/2018
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 11/10/2018

Best choice of the wedding

Favorite choice of the wedding

Sent on 02/10/2019

Deanna L Hold · Married on 11/03/2018

She's amazing! Hire her!

Monica was amazing! She was there for every moment, and captured everything so beautifully. I'd recommend her a 100x over. I can't stop looking at our pictures!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Katherine Nelson · Married on 10/20/2018

A phenomenal photographer!

My husband and I have said repeatedly that other than marrying each other, hiring Monica was the best decision we made about our wedding. She's so flexible, professional, and talented with a knack for producing natural and beautiful looking photographs. She truly went above and beyond at our wedding. We could have gotten married in a McDonald's drive through, and she would have found a way to make the moment look intimate and special. Thank you, Monica!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Rashmi · Married on 10/19/2018

She is a Magician !!!

Monica is super talented and went beyond our expectations with the wedding pictures !!! We were so happy when we saw the final cut !! Not only is she a great photographer but she is very helpful !! She helped with my shoes and dress .. anonymous bridesmaid :)

She is super fun to work with and very professional !! She makes you comfortable and honestly makes the pictures look every penny worth !!!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/06/2018

Captured Our Day Perfectly!

Monica took such beautiful photographs and edited them quickly. She only had an hour and a half and took so many gorgeous pictures that we will treasure forever. She is so talented and I would recommend her to anyone. I already know I want to book her when I have kids!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

We loved working with Monica! She listed to what we were looking for in our photos and totally delivered! She is so talented and her work is beautiful! I would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Carolyn · Married on 09/15/2018

Engagement and wedding review

Where can I begin? From the moment I met Monica for our engagement photo consultation, I admired her professionalism, humorous and personable character. Equally important, we fell in love with her work! I had to have her fly out to Washington, DC to capture our wedding as well! I feel as though we truly connected throughout the year and it is as though a close friend has been the one making us laugh and taking these pictures. She captures the most genuine and beautiful pictures that truly make us relive that moment again and again. That is something that is so priceless. I would definitely be making her my lifelong photographer!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Ricardo · Married on 08/12/2018

My Fiance and I really wanted engagements photos for a long time so when it came time to take our engagement pictures we were so excited! My fiance choose Monica because he was familiar with her wonderful work and we were not disappointed. Monica was professional and choose a beautiful location in Atlanta. She also guided us on what we were to wear which was really helpful in the process of planning for the shoot. Monica also made the shoot fun through her charming personality which kept the process enjoyable. She gave us our pictures in a timely manner and I literally jumped for joy when she sent us the email with our beautiful pictures. Working with Monica was fantastic from start to finish and would definitely recommend to anyone in the Atlanta and surrounding area.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Elinor · Married on 07/12/2018

I don't even know where to begin about Monica. First off every photographer should be like her. I like many of you just went looking for a photographer in my area and her name popped up. It was a risk but it was so worth it. From the minute I set up phone calls with her it was like we were best friends talking about my wedding. She made it so easy to work with her and she was so flexible. Second, the pictures she took were literally breathtaking! Third, I found my forever photographer. I am not using anyone else ever again because I don't know anyone that could take pictures as well as her. Last, the pictures she takes are so real. The editing is so real. I have nothing bad at all to say about Monica. She was even so perfect on the wedding day making me feel so relaxed.
    Thank you Monica!!!!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/07/2018

I cant sing Monica's praises enough! Not only were my photos stunning, I also had a blast! My fiance and I used Monica for our engagement shoot and the results speak for themselves (see attached). She was extremely responsive, and got back via email, phone, text within minutes. I went to the photo shoot a little nervous, since I have never done one before and Monica made it fun and put me at ease. She was very open to all my ideas, and went above and beyond to travel to the site I chose and accommodate my schedule. You can see her passion and vigor for her profession, which gave me a lot of confidence and reassurance. I cant wait for her to be capturing my wedding in July!!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Krystal · Married on 06/23/2018

You won’t regret hiring Monica as your photographer. She is unbelievable! Not only is her work stunning, so is her personality! Monica was able to direct everyone assertively yet politely to get all the pictures we needed/wanted for our wedding. She really feels like a part of your own family; like you’ve know her for years. Monica is worth every penny and then some for the beautiful pictures she captures. My husband and I are so thankful that we hired Monica for our special day.

Sent on 07/25/2018
  • Marina

Marina · Married on 06/09/2018

If you want beautiful and effortless wedding photos, use Monica as your photographer! After browsing through nearly every photographer in the Atlanta area, I came across Monica who is extremely well priced for her outstanding quality of work! Monica met with me over coffee so we could get to know each other a little before the wedding, helping us both to be on the same page for the vision of my big day. She even came to my venue to take test shots before the wedding, which helped me find the perfect spot for our ceremony! This is just one of many small ways she went above and beyond what is expected. She is so friendly and personable, and her passion for what she does shines through her work.
    My husband hates having his photo taken, and he even said he loved working with Monica! She puts you at ease and works QUICKLY... so perfect for your big day! She took so many amazing pictures of my husband and I in just 20 minutes after our ceremony, leaving us plenty of time to enjoy our reception and mingle with our guests! Make sure to prioritize a great photographer like Monica for your wedding, so you can look back on beautiful memories of your wedding! I am so grateful I did!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

Finding a photographer for a wedding in 6 months is hard, especially when you want someone that is amazing and genuine. We won the jackpot when Monica said she could do it. From the first email, to the engagement photos, the phone calls, texts, and then the wedding day, Monica was genuine and professional, and although we had just met, it seemed as if she had always been a good friend. She was warm and welcoming to all my family and friends. In fact, they cannot stop talking about her! There was a moment at the wedding when Monica snapped an amazing shot of the fireworks while running backwards and dogging a rouge firework (whoops, still sorry about that). I would recommend anyone wanting photos that actually capture the moment, to use Monica. It was truly a blessing get to know her and have her be a cruital part of our special day.

Sent on 06/14/2018