Moio's Italian Pastry Shop Reviews

1 User photo

Moio's Italian Pastry Shop 1

JENNIFER · Married on 12/01/2018

Perfect and delicious

Our cake was one of my favorite parts of our reception. It was perfect and delicious. The price was really affordable. We will always return to Moio’s!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2018

Tony was amazing!! He created our exact vision and made the process seamless!! Thank you Moio’s

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Moio's Italian Pastry Shop 2

Maggie · Married on 05/19/2018

We were so pleased to have Moio’s create our wedding cake. It was truly a work of art and went far above my expectations. We ended up going with a white birch tree decorated cake with cherry nut filling. YUM! Part of my husband’s proposal included carving our initials into a tree so the fact that Tony was able to recreate our engagement day meant so much to us. It was simply beautiful and the cake was SO delicious! Many of our guests complemented us on the cake as well. We could not recommend Moio’s ENOUGH and we are so pleased with their service!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Brittany · Married on 11/04/2017

Get your wedding cake at Moio's! Tony made a delicious and beautiful skim cake (or half-dressed cake) for our wedding, and our guests loved it (we did too!). He executed the design perfectly, and the almond batter/fudge filling cake was very tasty. It is going to be hard to wait for our anniversary to get into the cake topper! In addition to the cake, we got some Moio's cookies to fill out our cookie table, and they were great as well. Thanks Tony!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Angelo · Married on 07/08/2017

Tony Moio made this such an easy time. We went to his bakery and ordered the cake. He insisted we take a 6" cake for free. An entire cake. He was the only one that did that! We were on the boarder between a large and medium sized cake. We ordered the larger but only needed the medium. He adjusted on the fly and gave us a price break for the smaller cake. It was the best cake I've ever had at a wedding. And they've been in business for a long time. Tony's dad did my father's wedding cake 51 years ago. Best Cake in the City.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Laura · Married on 06/17/2017

Loved the cake and the design was exactly what we wanted. There is no better cake in the Pittsburgh area.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Joellyn · Married on 05/27/2017

Piece of Art Piece of Cake!! Moio's provided the cake for our daughter's 5/27/17 wedding. Perfection!!! Tony met with her via Facebook since she and her husband are active duty military and live out of state. His creation was everything she hoped for! Beautiful and delicious! Thank you, Tony and staff!!

Sent on 06/08/2017
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 10/15/2016

When you first walk into the bakery, it's like walking into heaven. The pastries, cakes and cookies just draw you in and make you want to buy something. We came into town and stopped in to see if we could set up a tasting and Tony was very accommodating. He set us up the very next day for a tasting because we were only Going to be in town until that Sunday. We can back tasted cakes and Tony sat down and went over pricing, looks, and listened to what we wanted. We were sold and decided to use Moio's for our wedding cake. They delivered our wedding cake and made sure it was beautiful. It looked like something out a fairy tale, simple yet very elegant. I would highly recommend Moio's for any occasion.

Sent on 04/19/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I choose Moio's for our wedding cake and it definitely had to be one of the best decisions we made. Tony was absolutely wonderful when we went to have a taste testing. Originally I wasn't planning on going with white cake, but I heard such great things about it that I wanted to try it. Taking a bite of the samples he gave us were heavenly! I have never tasted such great cake before! We went with the fresh strawberry filling and everyone loved it at the reception! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Amazing people, even better tasting cake ;-)

Sent on 05/15/2016

Cake was yummy and their was plenty left over for guests to take home! And it was beautiful.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Colleen · Married on 11/07/2015

Don't get your cake anywhere else. Tony Moio is the best. I will say it again because this review is so short- Moio's wedding cake is the best. Don't go anywhere else. Also the customer service there is amazing, Tony was so great to work with.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Moios was so helpful and sweet when we met to plan our wedding cake! I have loved them for years and always new I wanted their raspberry buttercream as my wedding cake! Well, they didn't disappoint! That's for sure! I haven't stopped hearing how good the cake was! And it was like Tony and the crew read my mind! The cake was stunning! We will be using moios again in the future for sure!!!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 09/05/2015

We were beyond happy with the service, professionalism, and quality of our Moio's wedding cake! From e-mailing Tony, to our consultation, to cutting our cake on our wedding day - everything was simple, smooth, and perfect. Their cakes are delicious, and the decoration just beautiful. We chose a layered white cake with raspberry buttercream filling and white cake with a lemon cream cheese/buttercream blend filling. They were both incredible. We are so glad we didn't bother looking any where else! The team is fantastic, friendly, and accommodating. We will definitely be sticking with Moio's for all special event cakes in the future!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Jessie · Married on 07/18/2015

We were so happy with our wedding cake from Moio's! He didn't pressure us to overspend and helped us find a suitable option for our budget - a two tier cake with sheetcake for the rest of our guests. The cake looked beautiful (ombre coral with gold sparkles in the rosettes) and tasted even better! I'd recommend Moio's time and again!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing! It was so simplistic and beautiful and best of all DELICIOUS! I would recommend them any day for any event where a cake is needed! We also ordered cookies and pies for our special day and everything was so fresh and amazing! You will not be disappointed! This bakery makes you feel at home, much different than some of the other large bakeries that make you feel like just another number.

Sent on 03/18/2015

Niecy · Married on 08/30/2014

We had a non-traditional wedding cake - it was GERMAN CHOCOLATE ...with extra pecans --and made in personalized size to complement our Italian cookie mementos. The décor of the cake was OFF THE CHAIN... with crystals to match our décor. This bakery just out did themselves and comes highly recommended!

Sent on 01/01/2015
  • kara

kara · Married on 05/23/2014

The cake and service was amazing!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Want to really customizable your wedding cake, contact Tony at Moios. Not only was the cake delicious the service is also wonderful!

Sent on 05/11/2014
  • Smoothcello007

Martania · Married on 04/03/2014

AMAZING!! When I saw the cake that Tony Moio (owner) had made for our wedding this is the word that came to mind. Everything from the tasting down to the wedding day, it was a pleasure to work with Tony every step of the way to get the cake done. Of all the fantastic flavors we settled on a three tier vanilla cake with chocolate pudding for the filling in our cake. Everyone at our wedding RAVED about how gorgeous the cake looked. It was simply too pretty to cut! My husband and I can't wait to bite into our 1st piece of cake on our anniversary. No doubt, this is the place to have your wedding cake made or to stop by for any of their bake goods which can be described as, "a mouthful of deliciousness." I HIGHLY recommend them 100%!!

Sent on 04/28/2014

Our wedding cake was more beautiful and even more delicious than I ever could have imagined! We planned our wedding from 1000 miles away so I could be married in my hometown. Tony and all of his staff were wonderful to work with, squeezing me in for a tasting when I popped into town, then allowing us to come in again (this time with fiance) just weeks before our wedding for another tasting so we could verify my choice of cake flavor, filling, and design. They delivered our 4-tier cake from over 30 miles away to Cranberry Township for a reasonable fee. I can't wait to visit the Pittsburgh area again to stop in to thank them and to pick up some goodies!!!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Tony Moio made us an amazing white cake with fresh strawberry filling. We also had a dessert bar. He made sheet cakes for us to have out for people to take whenever they wanted throughout the reception. We had a chocolate mint cake, mandarine orange cake, tiramasu, carrot cake, white cake with strawberries, white cake with raspberry cream, cannolis, chocolate eclairs, almond tarts, and lemon tarts. Everything was amazing.

Sent on 08/03/2013

Best bakery in Pittsburgh! Honestly, Moio's made not only the best wedding cake (or shall I say cakes because we had 5 different ones) they also made multiple pastries that all our guest were raving about all night. Over a year later and I still get compliments on how good the cake and all the pastries were. This is a one stop shop which also has fantastic service. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Brandy · Married on 06/16/2012

Absolutely delicious. They were super professional, on-time, and we're knowledgeable at our consultation. Tony can do wonders with the flavors. Months later were still talking about how good that cake was. And very resionably priced! Go with Moio's - it's a family business and they make you part of the family.

Sent on 08/04/2012

Dan · Married on 03/17/2012

From the word go, we were in love with Moio's. The price was way better than we expected; the service and quality also exceeded our expectations. We got a small cake and dozens of cupcakes.. Tony was a lot of fun to deal with. We would not have changed a thing!

Sent on 04/04/2012