Mohawk River Country Club & Chateau Reviews

60 Reviews for Mohawk River Country Club & Chateau

• Emily

Emily Isaksen · Married on 07/27/2019

Sumner wedding

Debbie was amazing, she was very attentive to our requests and did everything in her power to make our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be. The food was incredible and multiple people said that it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. We highly reccomend this venue and we couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Jen H · Married on 07/05/2019

Perfect Venue For Our Wedding

Deb at MRCC was fantastic! She made every detail of our ceremony and reception easy and simple! She easily communicated with everyone throughout the process and especially on the day of, even decorating my cake when it arrived un-decorated based on one photo I showed her (and it turned out amazing!!). The ceremony setup and reception were just as we imagined they would be! The food was outstanding; it is the first thing all of our guests commented on the next day. The bar service was also impressive, easily making and filling drinks without a line forming all night. Overall, the MRCC and Deb truly created a magical atmosphere for our wedding day and we are forever grateful for everything they did!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Jeff Jia · Married on 06/30/2019

A great place to get married

Mohawk River Country Club was an amazing wedding venue. The grounds are beautiful, the food is good and the staff is amazing. Debbie is a great on sight manager, and has the chops to herd all of the cats which were our wedding guests. My wife came down with a bad fever and and nearly lost her voice on the day of our wedding, but Debbie and the staff managed to keep her plied with tea and took care of everything we couldn't in order for our day to go off without a hitch.
    10/10 would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Annie

Annie R · Married on 05/11/2019

A perfect spring day

I am so glad we used Mohawk River Country Club & Chateau as our wedding venue! Debbie is incredible. She is friendly, easy-going, and always in control of a situation. She was a tremendous help leading up to our wedding day and helping us make all of our decisions. On the day the venue was beautiful, clean, professional, and a dream come true. The staff were all professional - so much so that I barely remember them being there! Everything was taken care of. Guests are still raving about that cocktail hour! Highly recommended by this bride and groom!

Sent on 08/09/2019

denise · Married on 08/17/2017

THE BEST! Our guests are still raving how awesome this venue is. Several have said this was by far the best wedding they have ever attended. The package the MRCC puts together is over the top. I would like to be invited as a guest because I missed so much of the wonderful food. :(. Debbie, the manager, is unbelievable!!! She does it all and puts together a spectacular wedding!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/29/2017

Debbie and her staff at the Mohawk River Country Club are absolutely amazing! We met with multiple venues when deciding on a location and as soon as we visited here, we knew it was the one! From every aspect of the planning, to the day of, Debbie and her staff went above and beyond! There was never a doubt in our minds that the day would not be perfect with her in charge. The food was amazing and you get so much more compared to the other venues we were looking at! And the pictures that you get at this venue are incredible! People are still telling us how much they loved this place! To all the staff at the Mohawk River- we can't thank you enough!!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Sandra · Married on 11/19/2016

I was planning to wait for my hubby to help me write the review, but I'll change it later if he feels inclined to add to it! Since this is being written 3 months since our wedding, I'm probably forgetting something anyway....

First of all, he and I would both say without hesitation that Debbie is the BEST...and I pretty much never say that about anyone.... We were so blessed to have her with us during the wedding planning process and on wedding day. She is extremely easygoing and professional, making the whole wedding planning relaxing and fun. There is no need to freak out when she's in charge! :) She was very prompt during our correspondences over phone and email, and ready to answer any question I had. It also helped that my husband and I were getting married off-season (November), which made booking with MRCC the best deal we could find anywhere in the area. The wedding setup was handled by Debbie and her staff (who were very nice to us too!), and it all turned out beautifully. We had about 130 guests, and the dining room was filled quite nicely. Our guests still gush about how great the food and decorations (and pretty much everything) were on our wedding day. We were married outside in a decision made the very morning of the day of our wedding, and Debbie and the staff cleaned up the lawn and set up chairs with amazing speed! Debbie made sure my husband and I got a drink and had fun through the whole wedding. I'm sure I don't even know about half of all the work that was going on behind the scenes for us that day. My husband and I went back to visit Debbie after our honeymoon and had a great time catching up. We need to do that again.... If you're reading, Debbie, we haven't forgotten!! :)

Sent on 03/01/2017

nicole · Married on 06/26/2016

I cannot even begin to say how AMAZING this place is and how AMAZING the people who work there are, especially Debbie!! The best food, the most beautiful venue and outdoor area! If you live in the area you need to visit this place before making any decisions on a wedding venue! They go above and beyond and give you so much for such a great price!! Everytime I had a question, I was con tasted back immediately with an answer and Debbie did everything she could to make our day fantastic. I really can't say enough about how much food you get and how great it is! There are even trees to shade your guests while you get married oursid, which really helped at the end of June when we got married! You want a good deal, you need to see them!!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Nicole & Christopher · Married on 04/29/2016

We had our wedding at The Mohawk River Country Club on April 29th, 2016. Words can not describe how amazing this venue is! Debbie is absolutely FANTASTIC! Debbie and the staff work so hard to deliver the wedding day you want. Every single guest had nothing but great things to say about MRCC, Debbie, and the staff! No on could believe that the cocktail hours was not dinner and that there was still a sit down dinner to be had. From start to finish Debbie was right there, always on the go! The MRCC is a great place to have any of your events, they work with you and your budget. Debbie is always right there to answer any questions and fix anything for you. In fact my finace's button popped of his jacket in between our first look photo and Debbie grabbed a sewing kit and had his button back on before the bridal part was outside! She even made a signature drink for us (which we did not plan) and everyone loved it! We were sad to see our wedding day end but it was an AMAZING wedding day thanks to Debbie and the MRCC staff! If you are thinking of having an event, go see Debbie at the Mohawk River Country Club!!!

Sent on 05/07/2016

Dawn · Married on 10/10/2015

We just had our daughter's wedding at MRCC and we couldn't be more pleased with the process and results. Deb was such a pleasure to work with and made every aspect seamless and stress free. The food is absolutely amazing, from the cocktail room, to the dinner, to the dessert room...words cannot describe the presentation and the tastes. Our guests were in awe of everything. The venue itself is beautiful...the inside was spotless and the outside photo opts are gorgeous. The day was a dream come true for our daughter, right down to the purple mums she had requested a few months ago to line the outdoor brick paved aisle to match her colors. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/13/2015

From the minute we viewed MRCC Rafael was amazing. Rafael continually goes above and beyond time and time again. Everything we wanted Rafael made happen. We had also viewed Malozzis and they pushed back on specific topics that I wanted. Rafael listened to what we wanted (not common) and delivered every time. The day of the event he was there the entire time making sure that everything went perfect. His staff is very professional also. One of our concerns was food quality and quantity. We have all been to the weddings when you leave hungry and we did not want that. Cocktail hour is nothing less then amazing, and the food is to die for. Sidenote- Ron the bartender is also top notch

The only issue we had was with Debbie and it was minor at that, the few we delt with her times she came across pushy and even when the bride was getting ready in there amazing bridal suit so boarderline barged in to show the suit to another potential person. I understand that they need to show off there venue in an effort to book further clients but I felt it was inappropriate to do when a bride is getting dressed and ready with her family.

Bottom line. If you want an amazing wedding for a phenomenal deal talk to Rafael and have it at MRCC

Sent on 10/19/2015

Mohawk River Country Club & Chateau's reply:

Thank you guys for your awesome response. I am truly happy to have made your wedding day go smoothly so that you could enjoy it. I am sorry that Debbie brought a tour in to see the bridal suite. I will reiterate to her that we don't show the bridal suite when it is in use.
    We wish you nothing but happiness,
    Rafael and the Mohawk River Country Club

Rafael and his staff are amazing! I went to other venues and they could not compare to Mohawk country club. The food was amazing, the staff went above and beyond. I definitely would recommend this venue for any future bride. If you want a fairytale wedding this is the place to go.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/18/2015

Rafael and his staff were amazing. From the first meeting to the last , Rafael kept in contact making sure everything was ok. The venue is amazing, from the bridal suite to the cocktail hour everything was beautiful. Debbie kept me calm with a drink or two to calm me. The service was amazing, all my guests to this day cannot get over how much food there was and the quality of the food was top notch. If you are looking for the wedding of your dreams look no further than Mohawk River country club. Thank you so much Rafael for your amazing hospitality

Sent on 10/03/2015

Mohawk River Country Club & Chateau's reply:

Thank you Danielle for the review! We are so happy that we could make your dreams come true.
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/11/2015

Having your wedding ceremony and reception at Mohawk River Country Club means having two built in wedding planners. From beginning to end, Rafael and Debbie did everything in their power to make everything look and run amazing and smooth. They are quick to respond to emails and voice mails, and can help with every detail. I am in graduate school, so I was even able to drop all of my stuff for them to set up 2 weeks before the wedding before my semester started! It really took the stress off wedding planning while in school knowing it was taken care of. Also, my husband's military orders changed our original date, and they were more than willing to be flexible and help us pick a new date that worked for us. The food there is amazing, everyone left the wedding stuffed. The venue includes food, open bar, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, along tables and chairs, linens, the ability to rent center piece stands and other commodities as needed. They even have a photo booth that you can use if you go under your minimum price required! My husband and I were highly satisfied with our wedding, and I was so glad to have Rafael and Debbie help me plan the wedding, as my husband was on military orders for our entire engagement.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Mohawk River Country Club & Chateau's reply:

Thank you Lauren for the awesome review! We are so happy that we could make everything a bit easier.

Erica · Married on 05/23/2015

When we first visited the venue I instantly fell in love. It's everything I imagined for my wedding day! Rafael and Debbie make sure every little detail is in place!! They were very flexible to work with. It was very obvious that they want the couple to be happy on their wedding day and they go to great lengths to ensure that you are! Myself, my husband and my entire family were very impressed with how smoothly the day ran. This venue not only has a gorgeous area outside for a ceremony or pictures but it also has a beautiful back up plan for bad weather in the gorgeous ballroom. And brides if you plan on getting ready at the venue, good luck finding a more spacious and elegant bridal suite! You will surely feel like a princess on your wedding day! The food is fantastic and there is WAY MORE than enough to make sure all your guests leave full! I couldn't be happier with how our wedding day turned out thanks to Rafael and Debbie! I highly recommend this venue - they go above and beyond to make your wedding day a dream come true!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Kristine · Married on 04/18/2015

The mohawk River cc puts on an amazing reception and has a beautiful space for an out door wedding. There package includes so much. A cocktail hour that many people think is dinner and then a sit down meal that is just as good. We even went for the extra of the Persian room since we got such a good price. We had a few special request for alcohol that we wanted at the bar and they made these accommodations with no extra charge. Debbi and rafell are amazing they will help set up and coordinate the day and make sure everything goes smoothly.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Lisa · Married on 11/23/2014

We had our wedding here in November 2014 and could not have been happier or more satisfied. Rafael was amazing from day one through until the actual wedding day! We went to them with our budget and they made it happen. We received numerous compliments from our guests regarding our reception including the food and how organized and smoothly things went. We would highly recommend Rafael and the Mohawk River Country Club for your wedding.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Kate · Married on 11/01/2014

If you are looking for a venue that has amazing food, amazing service, and has so many things included for an inexpensive price this is the place for you. The amount of food included is so much that most people will think cocktail hour is dinner. It is an upscale venue that really caters to your needs. I cant not say enough about them they are excellent, amazing, and spectacular!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Meredith · Married on 10/25/2014

Loved every moment of Mohawk River Country club and everything they had to offer! People are still talking about our wedding reception a full year later, thank you to Debbie! You are the best!!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Madeline · Married on 10/04/2014

Rafael and Debbie were great to work with through the whole planning process and up to the big day! It ended up raining the day of our wedding but the indoor setup was juat as amazing. They did such a wonderful job keeping everything on schedule and helping out where they could. I cant even tell you how many of my guests came up to me to tell me that this wedding was the best one they had ever been to because of the cocktail hour which had so much food, something everyone would like and because of the dessert room too later in the night which was like walking into heaven. I loved this venue and would definitely recommend it to everyone!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Robert · Married on 08/30/2014

This was without a doubt the best wedding I have ever been to. Rafeal and his team hustled all day long to make sure everything went according to plan. The ceremony was flawless and beautiful. The cocktail hour was the talk of the reception it was a separate room with a buffet of appetizers from assortments of seafood to someone carving roast beef. People actually thought it was the main course there was so much food. Then they were moved into the main reception area where a team of servers dished out the main course to over two hundred guests in a matter of minutes. The food was amazing and staff was very professional. As everyone was enjoying the reception the staff was clearing the appetizer and cocktail area and converting it into a massive dessert area from a station where someone was making banana foster another station where they were making flaming variety of international coffees to a liqueur station with a huge buffet of pastries in the center of the room. The whole day was amazing I can't imagine why you would have a wedding and reception any where else. Great job Rafeal you were the bomb!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Mohawk River Country Club & Chateau's reply:

Robert, Thank you for your kind words. Nothing give us more pleasure than to know that we made a bride and grooms day special.

Meaghan · Married on 08/16/2014

Rafael and his staff at the Mohawk River Country Club were EXCEPTIONAL. The food was amazing and we couldn't have asked for a more professional, friendly and accommodating staff. MRCC really bent over backwards to make our wedding reception what we wanted. Rafael and his staff made us feel so special. During our planning process they were open to all of our ideas to help personalize our reception -- adding an ice cream sundae bar, hot dog stand, and making sure to have special beer on tap. It was an absolute pleasure meeting with Rafael and Debbie to plan. They both made sure everything ran smoothly and that we (and our families) were taken care of the night of the party.
    I would HIGHLY recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Jamie · Married on 07/26/2014

Debbie and Raphael were amazing to work with. Our day went flawlessly! Our ceremony outside was beautiful, the food was amazing and we had so much fun! Very professional, and made every little detail just the way we wanted.

Sent on 10/07/2014
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 07/13/2014

I cannot say enough good things about our wedding, and it is all due to MRCC. I wish I could give more than 5 stars! We mostly worked with Debbie, except one day we did deal with Rafael, and both are absolutely incredible. I have not been to many weddings in my adult life, but I don't think any other places offers the exceptional personalized service that Debbie and the staff offer here. We spent two years planning our wedding, and Debbie has been nothing but extremely helpful the whole time we were planning. We often called, emailed, or stopped by during those 2 years and she always made time for us and never made us feel like we were bothering her. She treated us like family and in return she feels like family to us. She bent over backwards and even threw in some extras for us without us even asking her, and I felt like she truly could not do enough for us. The day of the wedding, she was constantly present for whatever we needed no matter what it was (tissues for our parents, scissors to trim my bouquet, etc). The weather was uncooperative but she did everything in her power to make sure I was happy and she made sure to deal with all of our vendors' questions and concerns so myself and my family did not have to. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous and our guests have not stopped talking about it, even a week and a half later. The food was phenomenal, and don't even get me started on the Parisian table dessert display. My guests had their jaws on the floor when they saw that. We got so many compliments on how wonderful everything looked and how great the food and service was. I would highly HIGHLY recommend this place, my wedding was everything I could have ever asked for and Debbie and her staff are the reason it was as magical as it was!

Sent on 07/24/2014