Modern Romance Travel Reviews

Modern Romance Travel 6
Modern Romance Travel 7

Sharon Marie Bernie-Cloward · Married on 12/01/2018

Modern Romance give you Five Star Service

My associate lives in San Diego and was just married in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. She used Modern Romance to help arrange her guests accommodations. I will tell you I have used several services like this one in the past and I would rate Modern Romance as a 5 Star Service. The owner was very responsive and checked on their wedding guests ensuring the accommodations met our expectations. They checked on us while we were at the resort and followed up when we got home. They found us excellent accommodations at the Hyatt Ziva which is also a 5 star place to have a wedding and or just a vacation. This company took away all the worries of the bride and groom. It is nice to see that there are still service organizations like this one that exist. I have kept their information as I am planning to use them in the future. I have told several of my friends but I thought it was also important to take the time to write this review.
    Sharon from San Diego

Sent on 12/03/2018

Pamela Starkey · Married on 12/01/2018

Special treatment!

What a wonderful way to spend time with everyone before and after the wedding. Modern Romance Travel was thorough in planning and always an email/call away. They really care about the guests.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!! I am so happy that you had a great time at the wedding. We truly appreciate you and we look forward to helping you with your upcoming vacation.

Shalunder · Married on 11/01/2018

A+ Wedding Travel agency

Modern Romance exceeded all of our expectations!!

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Modern Romance Travel 13
    Modern Romance Travel 14

Shal · Married on 11/01/2018

Exceeded our expectations

Melissa and her team are absolutely fabulous. They are extremely professional, knowledgeable and efficient. Our wedding was everything we dreamed because of this team. They assisted us with our wedding resort - Azul Fives as well as our honeymoon location- UNICO which were both AMAZING! With so many unknowns to a destination wedding, it is difficult to plan this on your own. Brides and grooms this is one company you should not overlook. I highly recommend them to any couple looking to plan a destination wedding / honeymoon/ or family vacation. Modern romance travel is so well organized. They will not disappoint you.
    Thank you for everything.
    Shal and Brian

Sent on 02/11/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Shal and Brian for taking the time to write this amazing review. I am so happy that you had a beautiful wedding and honeymoon. We truly enjoyed working with you and your family. We wish you all the best!!!

Andra · Married on 05/20/2018

Melissa and her team at Modern Romance were fantastic to work with. They were responsive to our needs from start to finish, including getting us the best rates based on the number of rooms we thought we needed and getting extra or different room categories as our guest list developed. There was not a single time I did not get an immediate response to my emails or phone calls. We had an issue when we arrived at our hotel. Both Melissa and Aimee jumped immediately to our assistance, and I know Melissa was out of the country. Melissa also provided us with several great options and recommendations for a second resort for our honeymoon. I do not hesitate to recommend Modern Romance and will certainly use them again.

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Modern Romance Travel 15
    Modern Romance Travel 16

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

We really appreciate the feedback. Thank you also for taking the time to write the review.
    I have truly enjoyed working with you! I wish you all the best and Congratulations again on tying the knot! I love your photo! You both look so happy!

Nicole · Married on 12/03/2017

Itineraries and all documents were provided in a timely fashion! Was always checked on and told not to hesitate if something could be better or if we needed anything!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you very much for your kind words Nicole! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to helping you with your upcoming vacations! Thanks again for taking the time to write this review.
  • F

F · Married on 12/02/2017

We love how Melissa takes care of her clients for my 2 sisters’ Cancun wedding (a year apart). Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/15/2018

sherie · Married on 12/01/2017

Everything was prefect! Thank you SOOO MUCH!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Jimmy · Married on 12/01/2017

The transportation team was there to scoop me up, upon arrival. The hotel was awesome. The transportation back to the airport to depart was on time. Thanks!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Hanh · Married on 12/01/2017

Melissa and her staff are very responsive and efficient. Melissa picked the best resort with the best food and service. She arranged the transfer to and from the hotel , taking all the hassle out of the travel. We felt very pampered, the way it should be when you are on vacation.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Mrs. K for the review. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are so happy that you had a wonderful time at Generations and at the wedding!

Amanda · Married on 12/01/2017

Our experience with Melissa can be summed up with one word, FABULOUS! She is a dream to work with and is completely in tune with your wants and expectations. Even when we weren't quite sure what we were first looking for, she was immediately able to pinpoint what she thought we would like based on just a few ideas that we threw out at her. If you don't know where to start for your wedding, or even if you do, she will make the process a breeze. You won't have to become a bridezilla as you will feel so at peace knowing Melissa is taking care of all the tedious wedding tasks. She is always prompt and anything we needed, she provided. We will have to have multiple vowel renewals just so we can work with her again!! =D LOVE HER!!!

Sent on 04/12/2018
    Modern Romance Travel 17

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much A and A for this fantastic review! It means so much . I truly enjoyed working with you and your family. You two were so easy going, and the perfect couple to work with. Your wedding was incredible and everything came together beautifully. Thank you again for trusting me with your wedding. It was a joy and honor to work with you two. Wishing you both so much love and happiness!

Sal · Married on 11/10/2017

Had our destination wedding in Cancun, Mexico! Melissa with Modern Romance Travel recommended the Hyatt Ziva and we loved it. Melissa was amazing with organizing all of our guest's travel arrangements. We had a large wedding as far as guests and everything went totally smooth. A bus was waiting for us at the airport and everyone was satisfied with the service. Our guests were also very pleased at the fact that they were able to book their room and make payments to the room, vice paying it all at once.

I will definitely recommend Modern Romance Travel to my friends and family!!

Sent on 03/28/2018
    Modern Romance Travel 18
    Modern Romance Travel 19
    Modern Romance Travel 20

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you Sal for taking the time to write this review. We truly enjoyed working with you and Laura. It makes me so happy to be a part of your happily ever after. We wish you both nothing it the best. Your photos are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

Marissa · Married on 10/28/2017

Melissa and Modern Romance Travel are absolutely amazing. Melissa made our honeymoon to Tahiti so easy! We spent two nights on Moorea and four nights on Bora Bora. Everything from our flights, car to/from the hotel and Catamaran were all squared away and made easy for us. One of our connecting flights was delayed and Melissa immediately emailed us letting us know. Melissa gave us suggestions for activities to do on both of the islands and how to book the activities. She also recommending we stay at the Thalasso while on Bora Bora and the hotel was breathtakingly beautiful! We will continue to book with Melissa and Modern Romance Travel!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Lyndale · Married on 10/05/2017

Thank you so much for all of your helpful advice, assistance, & amazing recommendation in helping plan our family reunion! I appreciate everything you've done to take the stress away in coordinating this great reunion & what so happened to be a memorable 30th birthday. We all had a blast & this trip is definitely one for the books! Hard Rock is the best! You're the best!

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Modern Romance Travel 21

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Lyndale for this amazing review! I loved working with you and your family. I am so happy that you had a wonderful reunion and vacation!!

Trisha · Married on 09/23/2017

Once I got my travel information to them, they got all my transportation to and from the resort together, and everything was set up with the resort and there were smooth transitions everywhere. I got a printed and emailed itinerary which was accurate and nice to have. Thanks a lot! Made attending this destination wedding a breeze!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Tricia for taking the time to write this great review!! I am so happy that you had a great time at Hard Rock. It was an amazing wedding for an incredible couple. Thank you so much again!!!

stephanie · Married on 08/01/2017

Great experience. She was always ready to answer any of my questions and had a response within 24 hours. Melissa Varela is awesome!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie for taking the time to write this amazing review. I am so happy that your wedding was fantastic!! I loved working with you two and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!

John · Married on 04/29/2017

Melissa will take care of you, I had a late add on to our hotel room because my girlfriend had to figure out her school schedule and she was able to add my girlfriend to our room without a problem. She also ensured that we had transportation from the airport to the hotel and vise versa for the way home. I had a great vacation and didn't have to worry about anything once I got to the hotel!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this awesome review John!!! I really appreciate it. I am so happy you had a great time at the wedding and at Hard Rock Riviera Maya!!

Mary Doll · Married on 04/28/2017

Melissa from Modern Romance Travel was absolutely amazing! By just the start of our conversations with Melissa, you can already see the friendliness and passion she feels about making your dream wedding. She is very knowledgeable and helped the processs of planning a destination wedding run so smoothly. She was very attentive to all of our needs, and was quick to respond and follow up on all our questions. Melissa also was great with our guests, she personally answered all their questions, set up their transportion, and helped make their travels run smoothly. She is very detailed and anticipates all needs! Melissa and Modern romance travel is without a doubt the way to go with your destination wedding! If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing. It was perfect!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

It was truly an honor to be a part of your happy ever after, M and A!! Reading this review makes me so happy and solidifies my love for planning destination weddings. I loved working with the both of you. You are an incredible couple. Thank you again for choosing me to help you plan your wedding. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review! Wishing you both the best in your new journey together! I am so excited to see your professional photos and video. I know they will be stunning!!

Andrew · Married on 04/28/2017

The Modern Romance Travel Agency is definitely the best option any bride and groom should contact if they want to do a destination wedding. I was very impressed with our travel agent Melissa Varela. Her dedication and easy means of communication were essential to making our destination wedding dreams come true.
    Melissa has done countless destination weddings, and it definitely was proven to us through this whole process. She was able to provide detailed information about every question we had. She was extremely knowledgeable about each resort she presented to us and matched the perfect resort with the services and amenities we had on our wedding list. She kept close communication with us as well as the resort we had chosen; if we were not being answered by the resort she made sure they would contact us within the next day.
    She also took care of accommodating all our wedding guests and ensuring that they all had ground transportation from the airport to the resort as well as transportation back to the airport. Each of our guests could not stop talking about how friendly and professional she was. They mentioned that she was very flexible regarding payments and punctual with deadlines she provided. In addition, she provided every guest with an itinerary of their trip a couple weeks before their departure. In that package, she provided some helpful tips on how to plan your stay in the resort and suggested items to bring.
    Overall, Modern Romance Travel Agency has surpassed my expectations for a destination wedding. More specifically, Melissa has gone above and beyond to ensure the gratification of the bride/groom and their wedding guests. I cannot thank her enough for making our wedding dreams a reality. I definitely recommend them to any bride and groom that wish to inquire about a destination wedding. You won't regret it!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much A and M for this fantastic review. It means so much . Your wedding was incredible and everything came together beautifully. Thank you again for trusting me with your wedding. it was a joy and honor to work with you two. Best wishes!

Marium · Married on 03/11/2017

Melissa was amazing! She helped from start to finish. She was knowledgable and prompt. She did offer me the best rate possible, she even beat the hotels group rate! She helped every single one of my guests which saved me a headache! She even helped us schedule a private tour to do some sightseeing.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Sheela · Married on 01/15/2017

Melissa is patient, organized, informative, and truly so helpful. She is authentically kind and caring. Several of our guests came up to us at our wedding and said how helpful she was and how pleasant it was to deal with her. She is very comprehensive and thorough and can help the most indecisive couple make the perfect choice. I would recommend her to anyone planning a destination wedding!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much S & A for this amazing review! I truly appreciate it, it means so much! I really enjoyed working with you and your family. Your photos were gorgeous! I can't wait to see the rest of them. Thank you again for sharing your experiences, it reinforces my love for this industry and job. I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!

Nerissa · Married on 11/18/2016

So glad we chose Modern Romance Travel for our destination wedding. I found Melissa from a list of Wow Specialists on Hard Rock Vallarta's website. After meeting Melissa for the first time I knew we were in good hands. Planning a destination wedding may seem overwhelming, but after working with her I highly recommend it. Melissa took care of all the travel stress for us. She answered any and all questions our wedding guests had. She updated us on the travel details and kept us on track up until our wedding day.
    I am truly thankful for having Melissa by my side. She lifted a huge amount of work off of my plate. If you have any reservations about planning a destination wedding...keep calm and call Melissa!

Sent on 02/09/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much N & A for the review. It was an honor to help you plan your destination wedding. It was an absolute pleasure working with you two. I am so happy that your friends and family had a great time at Hard Rock. Your pictures were stunning! I wish you both nothing but the best!

I never thought I would be able to pull off a destination wedding but THANK GOD for Melissa! She was super sweet to work with on all the travel arrangements for me and all my guests. She also went above and beyond by working with the resort to help me make the most of our wedding/trip. It was the perfect wedding and honeymoon for me and my husband. We're going to work with her again for our anniversary trip!

Sent on 02/10/2016

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much M & G for taking the time to write this review. I really appreciate it. I LOVED working with you and your guests! Your photos were stunning. I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!!

Michelle · Married on 01/09/2016

I love Melissa. She provided excellent customer service while she was assisting us plan our trip with our Disney Cruise to the Caribbean. She help us booked our flights, hotel, transportation and excursions at the ports of call. She gave us wonderful suggestions on dining and places to visit. I would recommend her to plan your next trip.

Sent on 02/12/2016

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much M & N for taking the time to write this review. It is always a joy to work with your family. I really appreciate your review. I can't wait to help you plan your next trip! :)