Modern Romance Travel Reviews

Modern Romance Travel 6
Modern Romance Travel 7
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Goncalves · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Very responsive and efficient.

Thank you, Melissa, for all that you and your staff have done to make our wedding dreams come true, STRESS-FREE! I have highly recommended Modern Travel to all my close friends and family. She absolutely loves what she does!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review ! I LOVED working with you and Matt! I am so happy for the both of you and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!
  • Monica

Monica Martinez · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Best Experience ever!

Thank you for being so amazingly organized and for communicating so clearly and consistently. I had zero questions as your emails and docs where super detailed and the experience was one for the books!

Melissa and Aimee where terrific to work with! I will be working with them again in the very near future.

5/5 stars! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Sent on 05/09/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Monica for this fantastic review! We truly appreciate loyal customers like you!! We are so happy that you had an amazing vacation!!
  • Rachel

Rachel Cope · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Great experience!

Our trip to Mexico was amazing! Everything was booked and paid for, so all we had to do was show up. Definitely would recommend.

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Modern Romance Travel 13
    Modern Romance Travel 14
    Modern Romance Travel 15
    Modern Romance Travel 16
    Modern Romance Travel 17

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you Rachel for the awesome testimonial!! We enjoyed working with you! We are so happy that you had a great time at the wedding!!

Nichole · Married on 05/25/2019

They are the best!

Melissa and her team took care of all airport transfers and hotel reservations for our destination wedding in Mexico. They were super responsive and so on top of everything that it took a huge load off our shoulders. They were extremely upfront about the entire process and kept us informed throughout about the status of our guests as well as any payments due or refunds owed. I would highly recommend Modern Travel Romance to anyone looking to plan a destination wedding. Melissa was truly the best part of the wedding planning process for me. When I couldn't get in touch with the planner at my resort, she took the initiative to get me in touch via both phone call and email. When we had last minute changes to some guest rooms, Melissa and Aimee took care of them promptly. Everything went smoothly once everyone arrived and she even took care of us with surprises at the resort as well. Zero complaints and would 200% recommend to anyone! They are highly experienced and knowledgeable and a joy to work with!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much N and K for this amazing review! We truly appreciate the kind words! It was a joy to work with you and your family. Thank you so much for trusting us to help plan your destination wedding. We wish you both the best and a lifetime of happiness! It was an honor to work with you both!!

Khadijah Robinson · Married on 04/28/2019

Fantastic ⠼︯

This was the BEST wedding I have been to thus far. Everything was done so perfectly. The wedding planner was very attentive.

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much K for writing this great review! It makes us so happy when our wedding guests have an amazing time!! We look forward to working with you in the future! Thanks again!!

Megan Pebelier · Married on 04/28/2019

Outstanding

Melissa and her team were outstanding. Always had quick responses and professionalism. I will definitely be using them again for more vacations or weddings ahead!

Thanks you again Melissa and Team!

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Wow!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that you had a fantastic vacation!! We enjoyed working with you! Thanks again!
  • Vince

Vince Tirona · Married on 04/26/2019

So Helpful

A lot of times when I see people leave 5 star reviews across the board I worry, but let me share my experience with each category.
    Quality of service: They did all the leg work. I bought my flight and didn’t worry about anything else.
    Responsiveness: I’ve always booked my travel for my wife and I ourselves, so I had a ton of questions. I always received a response in a timely manner that put me at ease.
    Professionalism: At every step of the way, I was emailed a reminder, was followed up with, and although I didn’t respond while on my trip, I was emailed to make sure I was having a great time and told to let them know if any problems came up so they can help fix it.
    Value: Going on vacation, especially at a resort, should be stress free. But I was stress free the moment the process of planning this vacation started. I didn’t have to do anything besides have a great time.
    Flexibility: This is what stood out to me the most. I made the mistake on the one thing I had to do and booked my flight a day before my reservations. I didn’t realize it until I received a reminder, a few days before I boarded the flight, for the documents I needed and transportation information. As soon as I emailed them about my mistake, they had a solution for me by the next day and was able to adjust my arrangements.
    This is why I would recommend them to everyone.

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you SO very much for taking the time to write this review! This really means so much and we truly appreciate your feedback. We are so happy you were stress free during your vacation! I am so happy you had a great time at the wedding! We really enjoyed working with you!!

Sharon Marie Bernie-Cloward · Married on 12/01/2018

Modern Romance give you Five Star Service

My associate lives in San Diego and was just married in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. She used Modern Romance to help arrange her guests accommodations. I will tell you I have used several services like this one in the past and I would rate Modern Romance as a 5 Star Service. The owner was very responsive and checked on their wedding guests ensuring the accommodations met our expectations. They checked on us while we were at the resort and followed up when we got home. They found us excellent accommodations at the Hyatt Ziva which is also a 5 star place to have a wedding and or just a vacation. This company took away all the worries of the bride and groom. It is nice to see that there are still service organizations like this one that exist. I have kept their information as I am planning to use them in the future. I have told several of my friends but I thought it was also important to take the time to write this review.
    Sharon from San Diego

Sent on 12/03/2018

Pamela Starkey · Married on 12/01/2018

Special treatment!

What a wonderful way to spend time with everyone before and after the wedding. Modern Romance Travel was thorough in planning and always an email/call away. They really care about the guests.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!! I am so happy that you had a great time at the wedding. We truly appreciate you and we look forward to helping you with your upcoming vacation.

Shalunder · Married on 11/01/2018

A+ Wedding Travel agency

Modern Romance exceeded all of our expectations!!

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Modern Romance Travel 18
    Modern Romance Travel 19

Shal · Married on 11/01/2018

Exceeded our expectations

Melissa and her team are absolutely fabulous. They are extremely professional, knowledgeable and efficient. Our wedding was everything we dreamed because of this team. They assisted us with our wedding resort - Azul Fives as well as our honeymoon location- UNICO which were both AMAZING! With so many unknowns to a destination wedding, it is difficult to plan this on your own. Brides and grooms this is one company you should not overlook. I highly recommend them to any couple looking to plan a destination wedding / honeymoon/ or family vacation. Modern romance travel is so well organized. They will not disappoint you.
    Thank you for everything.
    Shal and Brian

Sent on 02/11/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Shal and Brian for taking the time to write this amazing review. I am so happy that you had a beautiful wedding and honeymoon. We truly enjoyed working with you and your family. We wish you all the best!!!

Andra · Married on 05/20/2018

Melissa and her team at Modern Romance were fantastic to work with. They were responsive to our needs from start to finish, including getting us the best rates based on the number of rooms we thought we needed and getting extra or different room categories as our guest list developed. There was not a single time I did not get an immediate response to my emails or phone calls. We had an issue when we arrived at our hotel. Both Melissa and Aimee jumped immediately to our assistance, and I know Melissa was out of the country. Melissa also provided us with several great options and recommendations for a second resort for our honeymoon. I do not hesitate to recommend Modern Romance and will certainly use them again.

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Modern Romance Travel 20
    Modern Romance Travel 21

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

We really appreciate the feedback. Thank you also for taking the time to write the review.
    I have truly enjoyed working with you! I wish you all the best and Congratulations again on tying the knot! I love your photo! You both look so happy!

Nicole · Married on 12/03/2017

Itineraries and all documents were provided in a timely fashion! Was always checked on and told not to hesitate if something could be better or if we needed anything!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you very much for your kind words Nicole! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to helping you with your upcoming vacations! Thanks again for taking the time to write this review.
  • F

F · Married on 12/02/2017

We love how Melissa takes care of her clients for my 2 sisters’ Cancun wedding (a year apart). Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/15/2018

sherie · Married on 12/01/2017

Everything was prefect! Thank you SOOO MUCH!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Jimmy · Married on 12/01/2017

The transportation team was there to scoop me up, upon arrival. The hotel was awesome. The transportation back to the airport to depart was on time. Thanks!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Hanh · Married on 12/01/2017

Melissa and her staff are very responsive and efficient. Melissa picked the best resort with the best food and service. She arranged the transfer to and from the hotel , taking all the hassle out of the travel. We felt very pampered, the way it should be when you are on vacation.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Mrs. K for the review. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are so happy that you had a wonderful time at Generations and at the wedding!

Amanda · Married on 12/01/2017

Our experience with Melissa can be summed up with one word, FABULOUS! She is a dream to work with and is completely in tune with your wants and expectations. Even when we weren't quite sure what we were first looking for, she was immediately able to pinpoint what she thought we would like based on just a few ideas that we threw out at her. If you don't know where to start for your wedding, or even if you do, she will make the process a breeze. You won't have to become a bridezilla as you will feel so at peace knowing Melissa is taking care of all the tedious wedding tasks. She is always prompt and anything we needed, she provided. We will have to have multiple vowel renewals just so we can work with her again!! =D LOVE HER!!!

Sent on 04/12/2018
    Modern Romance Travel 22

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much A and A for this fantastic review! It means so much . I truly enjoyed working with you and your family. You two were so easy going, and the perfect couple to work with. Your wedding was incredible and everything came together beautifully. Thank you again for trusting me with your wedding. It was a joy and honor to work with you two. Wishing you both so much love and happiness!

Sal · Married on 11/10/2017

Had our destination wedding in Cancun, Mexico! Melissa with Modern Romance Travel recommended the Hyatt Ziva and we loved it. Melissa was amazing with organizing all of our guest's travel arrangements. We had a large wedding as far as guests and everything went totally smooth. A bus was waiting for us at the airport and everyone was satisfied with the service. Our guests were also very pleased at the fact that they were able to book their room and make payments to the room, vice paying it all at once.

I will definitely recommend Modern Romance Travel to my friends and family!!

Sent on 03/28/2018
    Modern Romance Travel 23
    Modern Romance Travel 24
    Modern Romance Travel 25

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you Sal for taking the time to write this review. We truly enjoyed working with you and Laura. It makes me so happy to be a part of your happily ever after. We wish you both nothing it the best. Your photos are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

Marissa · Married on 10/28/2017

Melissa and Modern Romance Travel are absolutely amazing. Melissa made our honeymoon to Tahiti so easy! We spent two nights on Moorea and four nights on Bora Bora. Everything from our flights, car to/from the hotel and Catamaran were all squared away and made easy for us. One of our connecting flights was delayed and Melissa immediately emailed us letting us know. Melissa gave us suggestions for activities to do on both of the islands and how to book the activities. She also recommending we stay at the Thalasso while on Bora Bora and the hotel was breathtakingly beautiful! We will continue to book with Melissa and Modern Romance Travel!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Lyndale · Married on 10/05/2017

Thank you so much for all of your helpful advice, assistance, & amazing recommendation in helping plan our family reunion! I appreciate everything you've done to take the stress away in coordinating this great reunion & what so happened to be a memorable 30th birthday. We all had a blast & this trip is definitely one for the books! Hard Rock is the best! You're the best!

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Modern Romance Travel 26

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Lyndale for this amazing review! I loved working with you and your family. I am so happy that you had a wonderful reunion and vacation!!

Trisha · Married on 09/23/2017

Once I got my travel information to them, they got all my transportation to and from the resort together, and everything was set up with the resort and there were smooth transitions everywhere. I got a printed and emailed itinerary which was accurate and nice to have. Thanks a lot! Made attending this destination wedding a breeze!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Tricia for taking the time to write this great review!! I am so happy that you had a great time at Hard Rock. It was an amazing wedding for an incredible couple. Thank you so much again!!!

stephanie · Married on 08/01/2017

Great experience. She was always ready to answer any of my questions and had a response within 24 hours. Melissa Varela is awesome!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie for taking the time to write this amazing review. I am so happy that your wedding was fantastic!! I loved working with you two and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!

John · Married on 04/29/2017

Melissa will take care of you, I had a late add on to our hotel room because my girlfriend had to figure out her school schedule and she was able to add my girlfriend to our room without a problem. She also ensured that we had transportation from the airport to the hotel and vise versa for the way home. I had a great vacation and didn't have to worry about anything once I got to the hotel!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this awesome review John!!! I really appreciate it. I am so happy you had a great time at the wedding and at Hard Rock Riviera Maya!!