Modern Romance Travel Reviews

51 | San Ramon, CA

51 Reviews for Modern Romance Travel

• Stephanie

Stephanie Goncalves · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Very responsive and efficient.

Thank you, Melissa, for all that you and your staff have done to make our wedding dreams come true, STRESS-FREE! I have highly recommended Modern Travel to all my close friends and family. She absolutely loves what she does!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review ! I LOVED working with you and Matt! I am so happy for the both of you and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!
  • Monica

Monica Martinez · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Best Experience ever!

Thank you for being so amazingly organized and for communicating so clearly and consistently. I had zero questions as your emails and docs where super detailed and the experience was one for the books!

Melissa and Aimee where terrific to work with! I will be working with them again in the very near future.

5/5 stars! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Sent on 05/09/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Monica for this fantastic review! We truly appreciate loyal customers like you!! We are so happy that you had an amazing vacation!!
  • Rachel

Rachel Cope · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Great experience!

Our trip to Mexico was amazing! Everything was booked and paid for, so all we had to do was show up. Definitely would recommend.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you Rachel for the awesome testimonial!! We enjoyed working with you! We are so happy that you had a great time at the wedding!!
  • Ivan

Ivan Flores · Married on 01/08/2020

From this Wedding Photographer, THANK YOU for an amazing Experience

How could I forget to review this Amazing team!!!! Let me start off by saying that the staff here was incredibly accommodating and genuinely nice.

My team and I booked through them for our stay at Melia El Caribefor four days for the wedding of one of my client's. We are photographers and their wedding took place on May 31st, 2019.

Booking with them was easy and we had a shuttle pick us up at the airport. The check was in was easy and their staff speaks fluent English, though we speak Spanish as well. The day of the wedding, the staff had reserved a golf cart for our couple and my team to travel in.

Their on-site coordinator was a pleasure to work with and she let us in on all the good locations to shoot on site.

During our entire stay, we relied on them for all our needs. Even though we were here to "work", it felt like a vacation thanks to them:)

Sent on 11/06/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this incredible review! We value your opinion so much! And we LOVE LOVE your photos! They turned out amazing!! Thank you again!!
  • Michael

Michael de Vera · Married on 10/19/2019

Modern Romance is there for you (and your guests!)

It’s sort of a miracle that we ended up with Modern Romance Travel because we originally did not envision a wedding outside of the Bay Area at the start, let alone going to another country, and now that it is all over, we do not regret the choice to have our wedding in Nuevo Vallarta! Much of this goes to the dedication and thoroughness that Melissa and her team at Modern Romance Travel. Melissa was extremely reliable and made the planning process SO easy for us. When we think about wedding planners, we think about the planners at the venue or someone who will help plan the event with you. But no one really talks about helping guests plan their travel experience and that is where Melissa comes in. Melissa was so integral in our planning because she was able to focus on the guest reservation experience. One of our guests commented to us that this was the first trip they ever planned where everything was set up for them. They just showed up and it was amazing!

We recognize the hard work that she does: being the point of contact between various resorts, couples and hundreds of guests at a time. She managed her stakeholders with poise and was very communicative with when she had updates. We appreciate her willingness to listen to our needs and transparency with what she is able to do and what is beyond her control. She is very timely and responsive to all of our questions (and we did have a lot). Her team is organized was diligent with following up with guests as the deadlines for payment were coming up. She was there from start to finish and also reachable via phone/email during the entire trip to ensure that all the guests were happy with their accommodations at the Hard Rock Hotel. We can’t thank Modern Romance enough! We are forever grateful for their partnership in making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Wow!! We are so humbled by your amazing review!! It has been a pleasure to work with you two and your families. Thank you SO very much for taking the time to write this! It truly has been an honor to be a part of your happily ever after. We really appreciate your kind words. We wish you all the best!!
  • Shana

Shana Pearson · Married on 10/11/2019

Very Grateful!

Words cannot express my gratitude to Mellisa and her team at Modern Romance Travel. From the start in selecting venues, throughout the planning, and to the very end, Mellissa calmed my anxiety, was a trusted partner and expert problem solver through the process. I truly do not know what I would have done without her. She has excellent taste, is honest and transparent and has great relationships with the resort venues. She stayed two steps ahead of planning which alleviated a lot of potential stress. Most important, her kind and positive disposition made it an absolute please to work with her. I've had to through separation anxiety with the wedding being over, lol! I would absolutely recommend her without a second guess.

Sent on 11/07/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

OH Shana and Don, it was an absolute pleasure working with you both! I truly enjoyed helping you plan your destination wedding! It was an honor. Thank you you so much again for trusting us and choosing us for your special day! Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you so much!!
  • Falisha

Falisha Khan · Married on 09/29/2019

Great service!

Melissa and her team delivered excellent service.

Sent on 10/26/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing us to help you with your destination wedding! We enjoyed working with you and your family.
  • Carlos

Jenny · Married on 07/11/2019

Excellent travel agency and staff!

Modern Romance Travel Agency is amazing! My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Melissa Varela. She is very kind, patient and professional. Melissa was highly recommended by a dear friend who also had a beach destination wedding. For our wedding Melissa recommended Hard Rock Riviera Maya. We read the reviews, saw pictures and videos of hotel and vendors and fell in love. We are very grateful for her recommendation because we had a lovely one week stay and two wedding events, rehersal dinner followed by our wedding the next day. Melissa and the staff Aimee and Heidell are awesome. They provided great customer service, are very attentive and professional. They made us feel comfortable and stress free. Melissa and the girls went above and beyond to accomodate all of our and guest needs. They took care of our hotel reservations and transportation. Transportation was arranged for each guest from airport to hotel round trip. When arriving to Cancun airport we had a very nice SUV and chauffeur wating for us. Everything went smooth and we are so happy we chose Modern Romance Travel Agency to help us with our destination wedding. Thank you Melissa , Aimee and Heidell !!

Sent on 11/15/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you C and J for this fantastic review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write this. We had so much fun helping you plan your wedding. We wish you all the best! Congratulations !!! Your photos look incredible! Thanks for sharing!!

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Service!

We worked with Modern Romance Travel and Laura Pongol to book our honeymoon trip to Tokyo and Bora Bora. Laura was extremely amazing and easy to work with and she took out all the stress in the honeymoon planning right from the first phone call. She was very understanding of our busy wedding planning schedule and was patient between replies. She delivered on our every request, including listing out all the potential flight and hotel options within our needs. We were impressed on how detailed Laura was for our Japan itinerary, down to which train station to get on and off. We even got accommodation upgrades for both locations! Overall, our honeymoon couldn’t have gone any better and we owe it to Laura and her team. It was a trip we’ll never forget. We highly recommend Modern Romance Travel to anyone traveling and/or going on a honeymoon!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We appreciate it! We are happy that you had an amazing honeymoon! We wish you all the best!!

Nichole · Married on 05/25/2019

They are the best!

Melissa and her team took care of all airport transfers and hotel reservations for our destination wedding in Mexico. They were super responsive and so on top of everything that it took a huge load off our shoulders. They were extremely upfront about the entire process and kept us informed throughout about the status of our guests as well as any payments due or refunds owed. I would highly recommend Modern Travel Romance to anyone looking to plan a destination wedding. Melissa was truly the best part of the wedding planning process for me. When I couldn't get in touch with the planner at my resort, she took the initiative to get me in touch via both phone call and email. When we had last minute changes to some guest rooms, Melissa and Aimee took care of them promptly. Everything went smoothly once everyone arrived and she even took care of us with surprises at the resort as well. Zero complaints and would 200% recommend to anyone! They are highly experienced and knowledgeable and a joy to work with!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much N and K for this amazing review! We truly appreciate the kind words! It was a joy to work with you and your family. Thank you so much for trusting us to help plan your destination wedding. We wish you both the best and a lifetime of happiness! It was an honor to work with you both!!

Khadijah Robinson · Married on 04/28/2019

Fantastic ⠼︯

This was the BEST wedding I have been to thus far. Everything was done so perfectly. The wedding planner was very attentive.

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much K for writing this great review! It makes us so happy when our wedding guests have an amazing time!! We look forward to working with you in the future! Thanks again!!

Megan Pebelier · Married on 04/28/2019

Outstanding

Melissa and her team were outstanding. Always had quick responses and professionalism. I will definitely be using them again for more vacations or weddings ahead!

Thanks you again Melissa and Team!

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Wow!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that you had a fantastic vacation!! We enjoyed working with you! Thanks again!
  • Vince

Vince Tirona · Married on 04/26/2019

So Helpful

A lot of times when I see people leave 5 star reviews across the board I worry, but let me share my experience with each category.
    Quality of service: They did all the leg work. I bought my flight and didn’t worry about anything else.
    Responsiveness: I’ve always booked my travel for my wife and I ourselves, so I had a ton of questions. I always received a response in a timely manner that put me at ease.
    Professionalism: At every step of the way, I was emailed a reminder, was followed up with, and although I didn’t respond while on my trip, I was emailed to make sure I was having a great time and told to let them know if any problems came up so they can help fix it.
    Value: Going on vacation, especially at a resort, should be stress free. But I was stress free the moment the process of planning this vacation started. I didn’t have to do anything besides have a great time.
    Flexibility: This is what stood out to me the most. I made the mistake on the one thing I had to do and booked my flight a day before my reservations. I didn’t realize it until I received a reminder, a few days before I boarded the flight, for the documents I needed and transportation information. As soon as I emailed them about my mistake, they had a solution for me by the next day and was able to adjust my arrangements.
    This is why I would recommend them to everyone.

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you SO very much for taking the time to write this review! This really means so much and we truly appreciate your feedback. We are so happy you were stress free during your vacation! I am so happy you had a great time at the wedding! We really enjoyed working with you!!

Sharon Marie Bernie-Cloward · Married on 12/01/2018

Modern Romance give you Five Star Service

My associate lives in San Diego and was just married in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. She used Modern Romance to help arrange her guests accommodations. I will tell you I have used several services like this one in the past and I would rate Modern Romance as a 5 Star Service. The owner was very responsive and checked on their wedding guests ensuring the accommodations met our expectations. They checked on us while we were at the resort and followed up when we got home. They found us excellent accommodations at the Hyatt Ziva which is also a 5 star place to have a wedding and or just a vacation. This company took away all the worries of the bride and groom. It is nice to see that there are still service organizations like this one that exist. I have kept their information as I am planning to use them in the future. I have told several of my friends but I thought it was also important to take the time to write this review.
    Sharon from San Diego

Sent on 12/03/2018

Pamela Starkey · Married on 12/01/2018

Special treatment!

What a wonderful way to spend time with everyone before and after the wedding. Modern Romance Travel was thorough in planning and always an email/call away. They really care about the guests.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!! I am so happy that you had a great time at the wedding. We truly appreciate you and we look forward to helping you with your upcoming vacation.

Shalunder · Married on 11/01/2018

A+ Wedding Travel agency

Modern Romance exceeded all of our expectations!!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Shal · Married on 11/01/2018

Exceeded our expectations

Melissa and her team are absolutely fabulous. They are extremely professional, knowledgeable and efficient. Our wedding was everything we dreamed because of this team. They assisted us with our wedding resort - Azul Fives as well as our honeymoon location- UNICO which were both AMAZING! With so many unknowns to a destination wedding, it is difficult to plan this on your own. Brides and grooms this is one company you should not overlook. I highly recommend them to any couple looking to plan a destination wedding / honeymoon/ or family vacation. Modern romance travel is so well organized. They will not disappoint you.
    Thank you for everything.
    Shal and Brian

Sent on 02/11/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Shal and Brian for taking the time to write this amazing review. I am so happy that you had a beautiful wedding and honeymoon. We truly enjoyed working with you and your family. We wish you all the best!!!
  • Jacquelynn

Jacquelynn · Married on 10/28/2018

Melissa Provides the Perfect Partnership to Make Your Dreams Come True

Melissa’s partnership in planning my destination wedding was by far the BEST EXPERIENCE I could ever dream of . She thought of everything and was one step ahead of all the moving parts during the 2 years of planning. She made the wedding planning process absolutely stress free!!! You will feel her passion, excitement, and drive to make your vision come to life. I have and will continue to refer her to everyone I know, and dont know. And I am a lifetime client! There are no words to express my joy and gratitude! My wedding was better than I ever imagined it could be! Thank you Melissa!!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much J and M for this amazing review! We truly enjoyed working with you and your family. Thank you so much for your trust. It was an honor to be a part of your happily ever after. Truly and honor to work with you. You looked incredible on your wedding day!!

Andra · Married on 05/20/2018

Melissa and her team at Modern Romance were fantastic to work with. They were responsive to our needs from start to finish, including getting us the best rates based on the number of rooms we thought we needed and getting extra or different room categories as our guest list developed. There was not a single time I did not get an immediate response to my emails or phone calls. We had an issue when we arrived at our hotel. Both Melissa and Aimee jumped immediately to our assistance, and I know Melissa was out of the country. Melissa also provided us with several great options and recommendations for a second resort for our honeymoon. I do not hesitate to recommend Modern Romance and will certainly use them again.

Sent on 06/02/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

We really appreciate the feedback. Thank you also for taking the time to write the review.
    I have truly enjoyed working with you! I wish you all the best and Congratulations again on tying the knot! I love your photo! You both look so happy!

Nicole · Married on 12/03/2017

Itineraries and all documents were provided in a timely fashion! Was always checked on and told not to hesitate if something could be better or if we needed anything!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you very much for your kind words Nicole! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to helping you with your upcoming vacations! Thanks again for taking the time to write this review.
  • F

F · Married on 12/02/2017

We love how Melissa takes care of her clients for my 2 sisters’ Cancun wedding (a year apart). Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/15/2018

sherie · Married on 12/01/2017

Everything was prefect! Thank you SOOO MUCH!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Jimmy · Married on 12/01/2017

The transportation team was there to scoop me up, upon arrival. The hotel was awesome. The transportation back to the airport to depart was on time. Thanks!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Hanh · Married on 12/01/2017

Melissa and her staff are very responsive and efficient. Melissa picked the best resort with the best food and service. She arranged the transfer to and from the hotel , taking all the hassle out of the travel. We felt very pampered, the way it should be when you are on vacation.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much Mrs. K for the review. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are so happy that you had a wonderful time at Generations and at the wedding!

Amanda · Married on 12/01/2017

Our experience with Melissa can be summed up with one word, FABULOUS! She is a dream to work with and is completely in tune with your wants and expectations. Even when we weren't quite sure what we were first looking for, she was immediately able to pinpoint what she thought we would like based on just a few ideas that we threw out at her. If you don't know where to start for your wedding, or even if you do, she will make the process a breeze. You won't have to become a bridezilla as you will feel so at peace knowing Melissa is taking care of all the tedious wedding tasks. She is always prompt and anything we needed, she provided. We will have to have multiple vowel renewals just so we can work with her again!! =D LOVE HER!!!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Modern Romance Travel's reply:

Thank you so much A and A for this fantastic review! It means so much . I truly enjoyed working with you and your family. You two were so easy going, and the perfect couple to work with. Your wedding was incredible and everything came together beautifully. Thank you again for trusting me with your wedding. It was a joy and honor to work with you two. Wishing you both so much love and happiness!