30 Reviews for Modern Romance Travel

Honeymoons (1)
Romantic Trips (1)
Dominican Rep. (1)
Hawaii (1)

Itineraries and all documents were provided in a timely fashion! Was always checked on and told not to hesitate if something could be better or if we needed anything!

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel

Everything was prefect! Thank you SOOO MUCH!

Profile Picture sherie, 12/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel

The transportation team was there to scoop me up, upon arrival. The hotel was awesome. The transportation back to the airport to depart was on time. Thanks!

Profile Picture Jimmy, 12/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel

Melissa and her staff are very responsive and efficient. Melissa picked the best resort with the best food and service. She arranged the transfer to and from the hotel , taking all the hassle out of the travel. We felt very pampered, the way it should be when you are on vacation.

Profile Picture Hanh, 12/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel

Had our destination wedding in Cancun, Mexico! Melissa with Modern Romance Travel recommended the Hyatt Ziva and we loved it. Melissa was amazing with organizing all of our guest's travel arrangements. We had a large wedding as far as guests and everything went totally smooth. A bus was waiting for us at the airport and everyone was satisfied with the service. Our guests were also very pleased at the fact that they were able to book their room and make payments to the room, vice paying it all at once.

I will definitely recommend Modern Romance Travel to my friends and family!!

Profile Picture Sal, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Destn. Weddings, Mexico, Travel Insurance

Melissa and Modern Romance Travel are absolutely amazing. Melissa made our honeymoon to Tahiti so easy! We spent two nights on Moorea and four nights on Bora Bora. Everything from our flights, car to/from the hotel and Catamaran were all squared away and made easy for us. One of our connecting flights was delayed and Melissa immediately emailed us letting us know. Melissa gave us suggestions for activities to do on both of the islands and how to book the activities. She also recommending we stay at the Thalasso while on Bora Bora and the hotel was breathtakingly beautiful! We will continue to book with Melissa and Modern Romance Travel!

Profile Picture Marissa, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel

Thank you so much for all of your helpful advice, assistance, & amazing recommendation in helping plan our family reunion! I appreciate everything you've done to take the stress away in coordinating this great reunion & what so happened to be a memorable 30th birthday. We all had a blast & this trip is definitely one for the books! Hard Rock is the best! You're the best!

Profile Picture Lyndale, 10/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel

Once I got my travel information to them, they got all my transportation to and from the resort together, and everything was set up with the resort and there were smooth transitions everywhere. I got a printed and emailed itinerary which was accurate and nice to have. Thanks a lot! Made attending this destination wedding a breeze!

Profile Picture Trisha, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Travel

Great experience. She was always ready to answer any of my questions and had a response within 24 hours. Melissa Varela is awesome!

Profile Picture stephanie, 8/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel

Melissa will take care of you, I had a late add on to our hotel room because my girlfriend had to figure out her school schedule and she was able to add my girlfriend to our room without a problem. She also ensured that we had transportation from the airport to the hotel and vise versa for the way home. I had a great vacation and didn't have to worry about anything once I got to the hotel!

Profile Picture John, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel

The Modern Romance Travel Agency is definitely the best option any bride and groom should contact if they want to do a destination wedding. I was very impressed with our travel agent Melissa Varela. Her dedication and easy means of communication were essential to making our destination wedding dreams come true.
Melissa has done countless destination weddings, and it definitely was proven to us through this whole process. She was able to provide detailed information about every question we had. She was extremely knowledgeable about each resort she presented to us and matched the perfect resort with the services and amenities we had on our wedding list. She kept close communication with us as well as the resort we had chosen; if we were not being answered by the resort she made sure they would contact us within the next day.
She also took care of accommodating all our wedding guests and ensuring that they all had ground transportation from the airport to the resort as well as transportation back to the airport. Each of our guests could not stop talking about how friendly and professional she was. They mentioned that she was very flexible regarding payments and punctual with deadlines she provided. In addition, she provided every guest with an itinerary of their trip a couple weeks before their departure. In that package, she provided some helpful tips on how to plan your stay in the resort and suggested items to bring.
Overall, Modern Romance Travel Agency has surpassed my expectations for a destination wedding. More specifically, Melissa has gone above and beyond to ensure the gratification of the bride/groom and their wedding guests. I cannot thank her enough for making our wedding dreams a reality. I definitely recommend them to any bride and groom that wish to inquire about a destination wedding. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Andrew, 4/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Planning

Melissa from Modern Romance Travel was absolutely amazing! By just the start of our conversations with Melissa, you can already see the friendliness and passion she feels about making your dream wedding. She is very knowledgeable and helped the processs of planning a destination wedding run so smoothly. She was very attentive to all of our needs, and was quick to respond and follow up on all our questions. Melissa also was great with our guests, she personally answered all their questions, set up their transportion, and helped make their travels run smoothly. She is very detailed and anticipates all needs! Melissa and Modern romance travel is without a doubt the way to go with your destination wedding! If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Mary Doll, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Planning

Melissa was amazing! She helped from start to finish. She was knowledgable and prompt. She did offer me the best rate possible, she even beat the hotels group rate! She helped every single one of my guests which saved me a headache! She even helped us schedule a private tour to do some sightseeing.

Profile Picture Marium, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel

Melissa is patient, organized, informative, and truly so helpful. She is authentically kind and caring. Several of our guests came up to us at our wedding and said how helpful she was and how pleasant it was to deal with her. She is very comprehensive and thorough and can help the most indecisive couple make the perfect choice. I would recommend her to anyone planning a destination wedding!

Profile Picture User7792148, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Travel

So glad we chose Modern Romance Travel for our destination wedding. I found Melissa from a list of Wow Specialists on Hard Rock Vallarta's website. After meeting Melissa for the first time I knew we were in good hands. Planning a destination wedding may seem overwhelming, but after working with her I highly recommend it. Melissa took care of all the travel stress for us. She answered any and all questions our wedding guests had. She updated us on the travel details and kept us on track up until our wedding day.
I am truly thankful for having Melissa by my side. She lifted a huge amount of work off of my plate. If you have any reservations about planning a destination wedding...keep calm and call Melissa!

Profile Picture Nerissa, 11/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Travel

I never thought I would be able to pull off a destination wedding but THANK GOD for Melissa! She was super sweet to work with on all the travel arrangements for me and all my guests. She also went above and beyond by working with the resort to help me make the most of our wedding/trip. It was the perfect wedding and honeymoon for me and my husband. We're going to work with her again for our anniversary trip!

Profile Picture Alice, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Travel

I love Melissa. She provided excellent customer service while she was assisting us plan our trip with our Disney Cruise to the Caribbean. She help us booked our flights, hotel, transportation and excursions at the ports of call. She gave us wonderful suggestions on dining and places to visit. I would recommend her to plan your next trip.

Profile Picture Michelle, 1/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Caribbean, Travel Insurance, Luxury Trips

The services provided by Modern Romance Travel exceeded all of our expectations! If you are looking to have a destination wedding Melissa of Modern Romance Travel is the person you need to work with. Her professionalism, attention to detail, and industry experience made our planning process easy and stress free. All along the way of the process we were pleasantly surprised by all the little extra services, and assistance she provided to all of our friends and family. We could not have the wedding of our dreams without Modern Romance Travel.

Profile Picture Juan V. , 12/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destn. Weddings, Mexico

Melissa was awesome! We started planning dates and travel over a year ahead of our wedding. Because it was so far in advance, we had a few date changes and room changes. Melissa was very quick to reply, flexible with our changes and willing to go above and beyond for us. We had an issue with responsiveness with our wedding coordinator and she was able to help bridge the gap and as wer questions that were not necessarily related to the services she provided.

Profile Picture Shar, 10/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Transportation, Travel
Services Used: Caribbean, Destn. Weddings

We had the pleasure of using Modern Romance Travel for our destination wedding and I am so happy we did- they are absolutely fantastic! From the first day Melissa Varela (owner of Modern Romance Travel) was there to answer all our questions (and we had many!) plus went above and beyond with not only travel knowledge but with her professionalism, patience and ability to make us feel valued. Melissa is very sweet and knows her trade from the inside out; everything from assisting us in choosing our location, suggesting dates that were cohesive to the time of the year (a hurricane is definitely not ideal during a wedding ceremony) as well as suggesting resorts that fit us best. Melissa took the time to explain each location (such as theme & style, resort credits offered, what’s included / not included, etc.) and also offered us her experience based on her personal travels to Mexico; she is a seasoned traveler and will provide you with location tips and perspective regarding each property. My spouse and I chose the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya (approximately one hour south of Cancun) in July 2015 and we were not disappointed. The resort was amazing; the atmosphere was fun & modern, the customer service was attentive & friendly and the food quality & variety surpassed our expectations- our guests were extremely impressed. Modern Romance Travel's dedication to a job well done and making their clients happy is an evident priority. Throughout the whole booking process Melissa remained in constant contact with us by providing guest updates, a detailed explanation of the total cost, as well as flight suggestions, just to name a few. Even when our travel arrangements had been finalized, Melissa would reach out to us and inquire if there was anything else she could assist us with- you rarely find that level of customer service anymore. Thank you Modern Romance Travel for making our special day even more wonderful and cheers to your continued success! XOXO, Michelle & Ten Garcia

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Destn. Weddings, Caribbean, Mexico

Melissa Varela from Modern Romance Travel made all the arrangements once we chose our destination style wedding at the all-inclusive Hard Rock PUNTA CANA, Dominican Republic. She was there from start to finish in all aspects of planning. I don't know what we would have done without her. She is an amazing WOW Wedding Specialist and so great to work with. We'd pick her all over again if we were to do it again. :)

Profile Picture VICTORIA, 7/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Dominican Rep., Destn. Weddings, Honeymoons, Travel Insurance

Modern Romance Travel did an amazing job with helping us plan our destination wedding. She exceeded all of our expectations! Planning a destination wedding can be difficult and sometimes overwhelming, but Melissa is very knowledgeable and willing to help with all situations. She helped me narrow down the resorts and we ultimately chose the Hard Rock Riviera Maya. We really enjoyed the Hard Rock and so did our guests. She handled all of our guests and their questions. She also booked our guests’ rooms for them and contacted the guests directly. Modern Romance Travel was great about getting back to me and providing whatever information I needed. When Modern Romance Travel takes care of your wedding, you won’t have to worry about one single detail. Melissa did a phenomenal job and made sure our wedding day was much better than we could have ever dreamed of. Our day was perfect. We would recommended Modern Romance Travel to anyone even slightly considering a destination wedding in fact even to couples that aren’t even engaged yet. From the minute we started working with Modern Romance Travel, she made wedding planning completely stress free and I cannot thank her enough for going above and beyond! We are grateful for Melissa and Modern Romance Travel!

Profile Picture CRISTINA, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Travel
Services Used: Mexico, Travel Insurance, Destn. Weddings

We met Melissa Varela of Modern Romance Travel by chance while waiting in line for customs coming back from a vacation in Mexico when we were still dating. We both wanted a destination wedding, so several months later, once we were engaged, we contacted Melissa to enlist her help in planning our wedding. Melissa was simply AMAZING to work with from the beginning of planning the wedding to several weeks after the wedding. She helped us decide on a location for our wedding by providing us with numerous options for resorts including what was offered and the cost of the different wedding packages at each of the resorts, what promotions were available for the bride and groom and the guests, and what dates, times, and locales were available. Since Melissa had personally visited all of the resorts we were looking at, she was able to give us her candid impression of the resorts, which we found very helpful. We, and our guests, had a ton of questions throughout this whole process and Melissa always answered not only our inquires and concerns, but those of our family and friends, quickly and thoroughly. We never had to worry about any of the details of the wedding because Melissa served as a liaison between us and the travel company (who handled all of the guests accommodations and travel to and from the airport) and the resort (who managed all of the specific details of our wedding). We truly felt that Melissa had our best interests at hand and wanted our wedding experience to be special. Melissa facilitated resolving any issues we experienced even after the wedding. We would undoubtedly recommend Melissa Varela to anyone planning a destination wedding or family vacation!

Profile Picture Stacy, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Mexico, Travel Insurance, Destn. Weddings

Melissa from Modern Romance Travel has been phenomenal. I am soo glad I found her since she is very knowledgeable with her resorts out in Cancun. She pointed me to the correct resort just by me letting her know what I had in mind and my wedding turned out great. Thank you so much Melissa for everything and for helping my guests out in booking and explaining all the details. I would highly recommend Melissa to coordinate your travel needs.

Profile Picture Yuri, 6/6/15, 1 Review