Modern Dress Reviews

Modern Dress 1
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Swartz · Getting married on 11/23/2019

Absolutely Wonderful

I cannot recommend Modern Dress enough! This was the first place I went to try on wedding gowns, and I had brought my mother, sister, sister-in-law, and 4-year-old niece with me. Ashley was so helpful in assisting me with trying on countless gowns and helped me officially say, "Yes to the dress!" My niece had a ball with trying on flower girl dresses as well, and they even let her hold the sign saying "I found my flower girl gown at Modern Dress" which will be a memory I will forever hold onto. If you are looking for someone with great style, honest opinions, and personable staff head to Modern Dress--you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Andrea · Married on 09/14/2019

Modern Dress

I found my perfect dress during their annual sale. They had a lot of styles to chose from and great deals!

kendra · Married on 06/22/2019

the perfect dress

Could not of asked for a better staff to work with!!! They helped find the absolute perfect dress for me for my big day!!! ❤️ 10000% recommend!!!

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • Tressa

Tressa Glass · Married on 06/21/2019

The most unique dresses at the best price!

I had a wonderful time finding my gown at Modern Dress! I was looking for something boho and unique and they, far and away, had the best selection of dresses. They were also a lot more affordable than other bridal salons I visited. My consultant had a great attitude and wasn't pushy during the process! I would highly recommend Modern Dress to anyone that's getting married!

April · Married on 06/01/2019

Your dress is at Modern Dress!

From the moment I walked into Modern Dress, I knew this was where I was going to find my dress. Boone is a little further than some of the other shops I was looking at, but based on their Instagram photos, I knew I had to make an appointment and I am so glad I did! The staff were so fun and knowledgeable, and the beautiful dress choices made the experience feel like a fairy-tale. They have dresses to fit every budget and styles that I had dreamed of trying. Thank you for making my experience amazing! I can't wait for my big day!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/10/2019

Most amazing experience ever!

This was the first place we went to look for dresses, and we were blown away! The customer service was outstanding, the place was super clean and organized and the pricing was way more reasonable than other places we looked at. I reccomend everyone I know that is looking for a dress to go here first because I loved them so much! Thank you so much Moderm Dress for your outstanding help making me feel gorgeous for my big day!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Melanie

Melanie Rubin · Married on 04/06/2019

Excellent!!

The girls at Modern Dress are so kind and welcoming and make sure that you feel important. They listen to the bride and they make sure they do everything they can to get her the dress of her dreams! I would recommend them over and over and over to any bride looking for not only their wedding dress, but any other kind of dress!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Chelsey · Married on 02/23/2019

Wedding Dress

I had a great experience with Modern Dress. I was a little nervous at first because I had no idea what type of dress I wanted. But Sage was very helpful and we found the dress a lot faster than I thought I would. I couldn't be happier and would recommend Modern Dress.

Stephanie · Married on 01/19/2019

They are wonderful to work with. Very pleasant, helpful and outgoing.

They are amazing. They have anything within any budget and were every helpful in picking my dress and the bridesmaids dresses.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Andrea · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing amazing amazing

The staff, selection, and customer service at Modern Dress was the absolute best!! I spent an entire weekend dress shopping and was in tears before going into Modern Dress because I was convinced I was never going to find the dress of my dreams. The amazing team at Modern Dress worked together to pull dresses that fit my picture of my dream dress and other dresses that they thought I might like. After hours of trying on dresses I found THE ONE, it fit every single criteria that I wanted in my dress. I cannot say enough good things about this place, I highly recommend the trip to Boone. IA. You will not be disappointed!

Mallory · Married on 11/24/2018

Amazing experience

Caroline was great with helping me find my wedding dress. I had a short engagement and only had five months to find my dress. I found the perfect gown and it fit perfectly. Even though it was a new dress they let me take it home! Can't say enough good things about Modern Dress!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Cassandra M. Harbaugh · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect place to get your dress for the big day!

Great dress selection at good prices! Very professional and helpful staff. I ended up getting my accessories and bridesmaids dresses here as well. My sister got her dress here before I did was was very happy with their service and selection as well. I recommend Modern Dress to anyone I know that is shopping for a wedding dress!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Brooke Kienast · Married on 07/28/2018

Amazing Experience!

The ladies at Modern Dress are so amazing and customer orientated! The whole process was smooth and stress free. They made you feel so comfortable and beautiful. I loved my dress and tell everyone who is getting married to go to Modern Dress!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Haley Davis · Married on 07/07/2018

Highly Recommend!

I spent all morning trying on dresses at a different boutique. I was exhausted and was beginning to feel hopeless, but then I went to Modern Dress that afternoon. The assistants there asked us to take our shoes off which was strange at first, but it turned out to make the experience cozy and gave it an at-home feeling. The first dress the assistant pulled for me ended up being the dress I chose! She had listened to the style and details I was looking for and knew the inventory so well she knew exactly what to pull. I would recommend Modern Dress over and over.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Sydney · Married on 06/02/2018

Absolutely LOVED my experience at Modern Dress! It was the first place I went looking and Caroline was so good to me! She made me feel comfortable and really listened to what I wanted. She knew exactly the dresses for me, and never once showed irritation because of how picky I was! I ended up choosing the first dress I ever tried on! After going to a couple different places, where I felt like just another number to the consultants, I knew that the experience I had at modern dress was half the reason I chose that one! It was so personalized and special, just the way it should be! I can't say enough about this place!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Natalie · Married on 06/02/2018

I absolutely love the staff here! They made my dress shopping experience amazing. They all made me feel like the most beautiful bride in the world when I finally said yes to my dress! I highly suggest Modern Dress!! :)

Emmagrace Stochl · Married on 05/27/2018

The most perfect journey 💗

Modern Dress was more than I EVER could have expected. I went there in search of a Morilee dress, and left with all of my dreams fulfilled. They’re so sweet and fun to work with! And when I went back with my dress to get it preserved, they wanted to see all of my pictures of videos. I’ve already helped another friend find her dress there since, and can’t wait for more ✨💗

Sent on 10/18/2018

Jamie · Married on 04/14/2018

I can't wait to wear my wedding dress and accessories from Modern Dress! I really didn't know what style I was looking for, so I was nervous and anxious about starting the shopping process. Bridget and Ashley were wonderful to work with. They made me feel comfortable, but most of all beautiful and confident. I ended up ordering my dress at my first (and only) appointment! It arrived just a few weeks later and I was even more excited to try it on again. It is so nice to be able to support a small local business in my hometown. I would definitely recommend Modern Dress for a fun, relaxed, and special experience!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Katie · Married on 12/09/2017

I had a wonderful experience at Modern Dress. I get to wear my PERFECT dress in 50 short days!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Allyce · Married on 10/14/2017

Absolutely an astounding staff! I had gone to a few other places to try dresses on. And, honestly was not feeling any connection with those dresses. My next stop was Modern Dress, and I seriously cannot brag about how WONDERFUL my experience was! They were super sweet, and Ashley was absolutely wonderful! She knew exactly what I was looking for, in the few words I could describe the "perfect" dress for me! Not only did she help me come under budget for my dress, she helped me pick out 2 different dresses for my big day! Just a HUGE thank you to everyone at Modern Dress! Everyone needs to go there!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2017

This shop is amazing. They helped me find and try on 25 dresses before I finally found the perfect one. All the dresses were in my budget and I felt so special and like the service was so personal. I will definitely recommend them to all my engaged friends!

• fallinthegarden

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2017

I loved my experience at Modern Dress! My consultant was really attentive, and it was really convenient that they had a seamstress they work with. They had a great selection, enough to have variety, but not too much. My mom and I were able to look through all the dresses, and the consultant helped pull ones that fit what I was looking for.

Megan · Married on 09/30/2017

Ashlee was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I will definitely recommend anyone I know to Modern Dress!! I have been along with other bride's on their big day that did not have this experience with picking out their dress! She was so helpful and patient! I am so glad I came to Modern Dress! What a great experience!!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Tiffany · Married on 09/16/2017

Ashley and her staff are wonderful! Modern Dress was the first shop I had been to so I wasn't expecting to find "The Dress" right away, especially because I had no idea what style or type of dress I wanted or what even looked good on me. Ashley helped me try on a lot of different dress and we found a few maybes, but after she discovered my style and got to know me during the appointment she picked out the perfect dress for my style and body type. I could not be happier with the experience I had with Ashley and Modern Dress. Her entire staff was so attentive and helpful in the entire process. I couldn't recommend them more.

Sent on 10/30/2016