Modern Aisles Reviews

11 Reviews for Modern Aisles

1 User photo

Becca G. · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Just Amazing for a Queer Wedding

Working with Modern Aisle/Elyse was exceptional. We did a lot of our own planning and prep, and so it was wonderful to have her insights/guidance leading up to the event, and then once we "handed" the event over to her on our wedding day - everything went incredibly smoothly. As a queer couple, it also felt very important to support local/queer/PoC/women-owned businesses whenever it was possible in our wedding vendor process, and Elyse was the first person we sought out with these things in mind. It was an amazing and overwhelmingly full of love night for my wife and I - and we are so grateful to truly get to enjoy it, in no small part due to Elyse's skills and experience.

Sent on 03/12/2020

Alex J. · Married on 03/08/2020

Exceptional Wedding Planning Team!!!

The value Modern Aisles brought to our wedding absolutely cannot be quantified or measured! Elyse is exceptionally strategic yet remains personal in both communications and approach to planning. We appreciated that she asked about our families, so that she knew who all the key players were, day-of. It put our minds at ease.

• Russell

Russell G. · Married on 02/09/2020

Modern Aisles is the BEST

"Elyse was invaluable as our day-of wedding coordinator. Hiring Modern Aisles allowed us to hand off all the details of our DIY wedding that we had so carefully crafted. Investing in Elyse was *the* thing that allowed us both to enjoy every minute of our party!"

Sent on 02/23/2020

Emma · Married on 02/08/2020

Seamless!!

We hired Elyse as a day-of planner and little did we know, COVID-19 would change our wedding and our working relationship with Elyse and Modern Aisles. With the help of our friends and community, Elyse's flexibility to become our "Zoom Master of Ceremonies," and learn all of the nuances of a Zoom wedding made our wedding day free of stress and plannning.

She encouraged guests to participate by commenting in the chat and calmed their concerns when the camera would occasionly cutout (due to a Chicago downpour!). Multiple guests commented how supported and encouraged they felt by Elyse during the ceremony and what a great asset she was to the Zoom experience. We highly recommend working with Elyse/Modern Aisles--obviously for an in-person post-covid-19 wedding--and also if you would like to include any sort of live streaming into your ceremony.

We incorporated slideshows, music, had various friends (screens) participate and share wishes and had music playing while walking down the aisle and when we were dancing. All of these transitions were so smooth (we watched ourselves on the recorded version the next day!).

There was rain, there was wind, our families and friends were watching from all over the world, and Elyse helped our wedding day be as perfect and seamless as ever.

Sent on 08/12/2020

Christine H. · Married on 08/09/2019

Great choice for my daughter's wedding!

I wanted to support my daughter and her partner in their plans to get married. I knew that I had to let go of my own expectations about the ceremony. When I learned about their decision to work with Modern Aisles, I could tell they were excited. They were quite pleased as they planned a wedding that reflected their preferences. The actual event was what they hoped for and more thanks to the seamless coordination brought by Modern Aisles. And there were tears of happiness!

• Susie

Susie L. · Married on 08/18/2018

Calm & competent for our modern Jewish wedding!

We are so grateful to have had Modern Aisles support our wedding. It felt so good to be able to just enjoy our day and know that Elyse had it all under control. She managed so many moving pieces, folks helping out, and logistics - all with calm and competence. The day would not have been the same without her!

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Maggie

Maggie A. · Married on 05/06/2018

Thoughtful, Joyful and SO Organized!

Hiring Modern Aisles was one of the best wedding decisions we made. From our first meeting till the night of our special day Elyse provided the calm, thoughtful leadership we needed to pull off our wedding.

Giulia D. · Married on 02/08/2018

LOVE This Team!

Working with Modern Aisles to put on our wedding was a joy. Elyse is organized (and helped us be organized too), thoughtful in how she articulates and improves your vision, and communicative. Modern Aisles will help you make your event flow flawlessly, communicating clearly and effectively with vendors, family, and handling every small detail calmly and with a smile.

Sent on 02/14/2020
  • Hannah

Hannah D. · Married on 07/29/2017

Organized, caring, and communicative

Elyse was the Day Of Coordinator for our wedding, and we continue to revel in the great decision we made to hire her. She kept every detail of the day thoroughly organized, giving us the peace of mind to focus on each other and our guests. We planned our own wedding, and Elyse put such care into understanding our vision and values. For example, she recognized the importance of creating a welcoming space for our trans and non-binary guests, and she had good ideas for how to arrange the venue to allow mingling. She also communicated exceptionally clearly about what information she would need ahead of our wedding day. We completely trusted her to carry things out on our behalf!

On the morning of our wedding, Elyse coordinated our set-up crew of friends and family in a friendly and professional way. During the reception, when my wife got a bit dehydrated in the summer heat, Elyse found a quiet space for her to take a break, drink some water, and eat some snacks. She checked in with us throughout the day about how we were feeling and helped us follow our timeline in a stress-free manner. We have already recommended Elyse to other people planning special events: she allowed us to have the best wedding day imaginable!

Sent on 02/03/2020

Aisling M. · Married on 01/08/2017

Best Day Ever!

Every time I think back on my wedding I think about how smoothly everything went and how happy I am that there were no disasters. I absolutely believe that Modern Aisles had a lot to do with the success of the event. I feel like I created the vision and she helped make sure all the details were nailed down. It was such a relief to hand over my detailed and painstakingly created timeline of the weekend to Elyse and just enjoy my wedding. Elyse was very easy to work with. She was approachable, professional and detail oriented. I felt well taken care of and I know my family, friends and vendors felt the same. I'm extremely happy with my decision to hire Elyse as my day of coordinator!

Sent on 02/09/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie D. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Virtual wedding of our dreams

We are so so grateful to Modern Aisles! We knew that we wanted to have a fully virtual wedding, but we also knew that we wanted our wedding to feel tailored to us, and we wanted to feel like our guests were taking an active part in the celebration, but we had no idea how to make that happen virtually. Luckily for us, Elyse had so many ideas. She helped us to create the ceremony we wanted, along with a mini-virtual reception complete with toasts, guestbook, photo-booths and dancing! During the ceremony itself, Elyse and Sunni smoothly handled Zoom hosting responsibilities, ensuring that the right speaker was always spotlighted and smoothly transitioning from one part of the ceremony to the next. After the wedding, Elyse and Sunni shared screenshots of the ceremony along with the full video.

We received so many compliments from our guests, many of whom commented that this was the best Zoom celebration they had been a part of!

We were alone in an apartment on the day of our wedding, but thanks to Modern Aisles we felt surrounded and loved by all our friends and family.

Sent on 01/03/2021