Mobile Disc Music INC / Damon Tedesco Reviews

23 | Los Angeles, CA

23 Reviews for Mobile Disc Music INC / Damon Tedesco

Mary · Married on 08/31/2014

First Class!! Working with Damon has been such a pleasure! Damon was extremely easy to work with and was always very responsive in spite of a three-hour time difference. In fact, we were so impressed with him that, in addition to the reception, we also asked him to provide the pre-ceremony music, as well as music for the ceremony and later at the cocktail hour. Also, he was collaborative and open to the selections that our daughter and her fiance requested for the ceremony music and that my husband and I requested for the cocktail hour.

Next to great guests, it's great music that makes a wedding fun and Damon delivered! He handled the wedding duties with professional ease and was flexible with the schedule. He's a class act and can really read a crowd judging by all the people who were on the dance floor. Throughout the evening, we always felt that his main concern was for everyone to have a great time which they did! And he kept it fun without resorting to any of the silly stuff often seen at weddings. As a sound engineer, he knows his craft and is a total pro! We are so happy we selected Damon for such a special occasion and we highly recommend him for yours!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Ashley · Married on 04/05/2014

We feel like we won the lottery by finding and booking Damon for our wedding DJ. He is so easy to work with, above and beyond knowledgable about music, and turned out the best wedding reception we could imagine. He was the perfect host. We are still receiving compliments from friends and family about him. He is not amped-up and over-the-top like a lot of the DJs in the area. He is a class act. We didn't have an extensive detailed playlist of songs that we wanted, and somehow he took our small generalized list and created the perfect flow of music for the evening. We cannot more highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Betsy · Married on 06/22/2013

Damon was a fantastic DJ for our wedding. It was very important to my husband and I that we have impeccable sound at the wedding -- we wanted to make sure everyone who had traveled across the country would be able to actually hear the ceremony. I was also adamant about having wireless microphones so that the dreaded mic stand wouldn't invade every one of our photos. (By the way - I highly recommend this to any upcoming bride! Worth the extra money - you'll appreciate it after.) Aside from DJing, Damon has a professional background in sound engineering, so we felt completely comfortable in his hands on the day -- and he didn't disappoint! Everything sounded great.

Damon was also a pro during the reception. He had taken the time to sit with us during the weeks before the wedding to find out what kind of music we liked and didn't like, and remained true to our wishes regarding the tone we wanted to set for the party. He has great taste, and everyone complimented us on the music throughout the night.

Damon is a true pro. Would highly recommend him to any bride.

Sent on 08/10/2013

John · Married on 10/05/2012

We used Damon for our wedding in Palm Springs a week ago. We met with him once and we knew we were in good hands because of all the questions he asked and how thorough he was. Anytime we had questions via email, he responded quickly.

During the wedding, he used a lot of the music we had requested as well as playing his tried and true music to keep the party going. He did not get on the mic a lot and make it about himself but rather played the music all night long and got on the mic only for the parts we had talked about (grand entrance, first dance, cake cutting, etc). He difinitenly kept the party going. A friend told me at the wedding that this was the first wedding he had ever been to where the dance floor wasnt big enough. I also think we ended up postponing the first dance since everyone was on the dance floor so early. I guess that says it all.

JK/MH

Sent on 10/12/2012

Tania · Married on 09/22/2012

Damon Tedesco was one of the vendors that we booked for our wedding that we were highly impressed with and would recommend in a heartbeat. He was actually recommended to us by good friends who had used his services at their own wedding. After meeting with several DJs who were supercheesy and more interested in promoting themselves than playing good music, we were so happy to meet with Damon, who is a professional sound engineer and really is an expert in music, reading crowds, timing, and making the music sound amazing in any space. We had an outdoor cocktail reception and indoor dancing, and he did an outstanding job running speakers where needed and making the music seamless and appropriate and just what we wanted. We are probably the most critical bride and groom and do not walk around with rose-colored glasses about our wedding, but both of us would HIGHLY recommend Damon. He is professional, experienced, and all-around a good guy to have around on your wedding day.

Ray · Married on 07/29/2012

My wife and I were very happy with the services Damon provided us. We had a garden wedding at the Biltmore in Santa Barbara and had several people needing a mic. Our singers, musicians, readers and officiant sounded great! Damon also got the party started early and it didn't let up until the night was over. We definitely would recommend Damon to anyone looking for a DJ. His rate was reasonable and his service outstanding!!! A true professional.

Sent on 10/24/2012

JO ANNE · Married on 07/07/2012

Damon was an awesome DJ for my son's wedding. Everyone from age 7 to 70 had a fabulous time and the "tone" was perfect throughout the evening - no "cheesy" games and over-the-top antics! Would definitely give him my highest recommendation!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Simply put, Damon was the best DJ a wedding could ask for. He met with us to discuss the type of music we both like, he was accomendating wtih special requests, and kept the group dancing through the night. Our one goal was to have a great party of drinking and dancing and the dance floor was full from beginning to end..most people didn't even eat dinner!! We can't recommend Damon enough. He was professional, polite and incredibly easy to work with.

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2012

Damon really made our wedding the BEST! I can't tell you how many poeople were out on the dance floor the entire night... there was not a dull moment! The thing we heard most after our wedding was how much FUN everyone had and how they could not believe how many people were dancing all night long. Damon was easy to work with, extermely helpful and professional, and I would HIGHLY reccommend him to ANYONE looking for a great DJ for their wedding or special event!!

Kim · Married on 09/11/2011

We had Damon play the tunes for our 20th Wedding Anniversary combined with my 50th birthday..He was the best. He was very easy to work with, we had a 70's theme. He played all the right songs for us!! Not too much disco but enough to get everyone on the floor and he played my favorite classic rock stuff too!! It was an amazing night..he even dressed up in 70's gear like the rest of us. I only wish I danced more..if only could have a party like this every year..Damon made it a blast!! I too loved that he did not paly games and coerce the crowd into dancing or games..it just happened naturally!! Thanks Damon!!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Carolyn · Married on 09/03/2011

Damon was the best. We have had people weeks after our wedding compliment the music and comment on the fact that people of all ages were dancing all night. There was never a lull in the activity and everything flowed seamlessly. He was open to what we wanted and took what we liked and expanded upon it.

We would highly recommend Damon to anyone looking for a DJ in the area.

Sent on 10/16/2011

Dennis · Married on 08/14/2010

Damon was an incredible addition to our ceremony and reception, providing 2 sound systems in different locations on the property. All of his equipment was top of the line, matched with his ability to use it to its fullest potential. The most important part is that he listened to us and our requests of what to play and, more importantly, what to NOT play. He was just as a wedding DJ should be, moving things along while not being over the top trying to steal the show. My worst nightmare was having a "strip club type" dj at our wedding, but after meeting Damon at his studio, my mind was immediatley put at ease by his personality and sense of humor. We feel he really got us, and understood the feel we wanted to have during the ceremony and reception. He did a great job and we could not be happier with our choice. Thanks again, Damon!

Sent on 09/23/2010

Leanne and Jeff · Married on 09/26/2009

During our first meeting in Damon's home studio, we realized early on that we wanted him to be the DJ for our wedding. At each step along the way, he confirmed that we made the right decision. We appreciated the time that he took to prepare the sample cds of potential songs for our special dances. We had a special production during our wedding and Damon went above and beyond to make this happen seamlessly and professionally (and to keep it as a surprise for the Groom). Overall, we were very pleased with the entertainment during dinner and dancing. We received many compliments and, more importantly, the dance floor remained full.

Sent on 11/16/2010

elena · Married on 07/25/2009

FANTASTIC! Great guy with amazing knowledge of music, excellent technical skills and the ability to read a crowd. Damon spent about an hour with us a few weeks before the wedding discussing our musical tastes and on the day, truly created a flow of music that enhanced and never detracted from the event. He was flexible on the day of, when we made several last minute changes in the order of events (other vendors were not so awesome about this!). He was able to manage a complicated mic set up for our outdoor ceremony: two officiants (a Rabbi and a Medicine Man) both with individual body mics, one floating mic for our seven bridesmaids and seven groomsmen to each reading individual blessings (sheva brachot) and then two mics on stands for our vocalists. And he did all of it perfectly without even getting a sound check. We had a crazy, demanding wedding and this guy kept a cool demeanor and performed perfectly the whole night.
    Oh! And best of all, our dance floor was overflowing the whole night!!! Thank you so much Damon! You rock!!!

Sent on 09/13/2010

Stephanie · Married on 06/20/2009

Damon was one of my most reliable and professional vendors. He was always available via e-mail or a phone call to discuss the wedding music, made my husband and I feel at ease thoughout the process, and was worth every penny! He had the dance floor packed all night with a super mix of music to meet everyone's needs. People did not want to leave at the end of the night. I have been to some weddings where the DJ takes over and is constantly on the mic. Damon is not like that - he plays the music and keeps the focus on the bride, groom, and guests. What I most appreciated about Damon was that he genuinely seemed to care about us and wanted to do everything possible to make our night memorable. Another thing to note is that all of my other vendors knew him and spoke highly of him.

Pj · Married on 06/20/2009

Fantastic DJ. A complete pro (not true of all DJs we met with). He had a great energy at our wedding, played everything we requested, and had a great variety of music - anything our guests suggested ended up in the mix. Now, if I could just get the courage to leave the woman I did marry, I'd be able to hire him again (just kidding, honey).

Sent on 09/09/2010

Erin · Married on 06/06/2009

For continuity we asked our photographer (Meg Perotti) what DJ she likes to work with. Without hesitation she said Damon Tedesco! Don't be fooled by his professional appearance because this guy rocks (if you want him too). My fiancee and I had a very un-traditional cocktail party style wedding in a back yard in Palos Verdes. The music was very important in keeping the tempo of the party and transitioning through each phase of our wedding. Damon nailed it. We only gave him genres to work with and he seamlessly merged our eclectic music styles together and still was able to mix in some requests. He was great at "reading" the crowd and playing the right music at the right time. He was a big part of our awesome wedding. Thanks Damon!

I noticed in other peoples' reviews of Damon that many mentioned that "the dance floor was packed all night." This was so true. We unexpectedly had uncles, parents of friends, etc tearing up the dance floor! It was great.

Ashley · Married on 05/09/2009

Damon was our DJ for our May 9, 2009 wedding. I can't say enough about Damon. He was awesome!Let's just say my husband is picky when it comes to music and he didn't want a cheesy DJ. I told Damon upfront that we were both picky about the music and that didn't matter to him. He was so easy to work with and what ever we wanted was fine by him! I knew with Damon I didn't have anything to worry about! Damon played everything we asked him to play and he also picked songs that were exactly us! He was very professional and just a nice guy! I received SO many compliments about the music (all generations were happy) and the flow of the wedding! I even had people ask if they could get a copy of the list of songs played. Our guests had such a good time! With Damon as your DJ you will not be disappointed. I can't recommend him enough!

p · Married on 04/04/2009

m

Sent on 07/17/2009

Julia · Married on 11/03/2001

Damon is a professional through and through. We met with him only once, and he immediately understood our style and what we wanted. He offered suggestions that were smart and was conscientious about what we didn't want. On the wedding day, Damon was on time, did a fast and thorough set up for all our prearranged plans, was well dressed and had a smile for all who spoke to him. The ceremony went perfectly, the sounds was amazing, even with a waterfall nearby. The dancing never ended and he had even worked out a musical surprise with my mom that was the hit of the evening. Damon will create the perfect atmosphere for your wedding and we couldn't recommend him more highly. Thanks Damon!

Arif · Married on 05/16/1998

My wife and I are pretty particular with the music we wanted played at our wedding. We set up a meeting with him explaining what we wanted and we wanted to stay away from for our reception. Damon's music choices were on point all night. He made our reception flow and really set the atmosphere. He knew when to pick up the pace and when to back off. He reads a room exceptionally well. We had over 200 guests and everyone really had a great time dancing to great music. I wrote a special song for my wife and wanted to surprise her and sing it to her at the reception. Since Damon is also a professional sound engineer it made it easy for me to do this. The sound of my acoustic guitar and voice was rich and warm and he made me sound great! Not only is he an excellent DJ but he's easy to work with. Smiling all night, it shows that he loves what he does and that makes all the difference.
    Arif Hodzic

Sent on 09/03/2010

Beth · Married on 05/16/1998

Excellence, Perfection, Genuine are just a few words that only begin to describe Damon and his talents as a DJ. It was very important to my husband and I that we not have the "typical" wedding songs you hear at every wedding. Since Damon has such a strong musical background his library and music knowledge is very refreshing. I wanted to surprise by new husband by singing a song with a live band backing me up. Damon is also a professional sound engineer and made us all sound great. Even me, who doesn't sing. ;) He listened to what we wanted and provided perfect song choices all night. Besides all of this Damon is an all around wonderful guy. In a world where weddings are all about business it was great to deal with someone who is all about making your night a memorable one.

Sent on 09/11/2010

Damon was such a pleasure to work with. With wedding stress and limited time on the part of my husband and I, we were pleased to have such amazing service and have our songs all lined up as requested even though we didn't get the list to him until two weeks prior. Damon went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were happy and as relaxed as possible. He took it upon himself to offer additional help with announcements and reading the crowd. We couldn't have chosen a better DJ! Everything ran smoothly! Thank you Damon!

Sent on 12/22/2014