MKJ Farm Barn Weddings Reviews

97 | Deansboro, NY

97 Reviews for MKJ Farm Barn Weddings

We had my son's wedding at MKJ Farm a few weeks ago. Everyone loved it! Farmer Jack was so helpful, every step of the way, in our planning. He feels it's his mission to make the event as stress free as possible. Our wedding was a team effort by family and friends, no outside catering. Jack gave us names of people that we could contact about tending bar, serving, and shuttling guests to their hotels. They were all extremely nice, and competent at their jobs. I would recommend them to anyone. They were also very friendly with our guests. Several of our guests opted not to stay in hotels, and pitched their tents for the night. This is the perfect venue for people that want to have a fun filled wedding, in a beautiful setting. We had a very , very late night but we were never made to feel like he wanted us to leave. He and his staff seemed to enjoy our wedding as much as our guests.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Bridget · Married on 08/02/2014

Besides myself, everyone at our wedding could not say enough about Jack, the owner of the barn! He really goes above and beyond to make your wedding at MKJ absolutely everything you want it to be! He is so friendly, and helpful. I wanted flower balls hanging from the trees for my cocktail hour, and he got out the bucket loader and stood in it while my planner drove it to hang them up! Everything I requested, he made sure it was done! I couldn't have been happier with our ceremony and reception at MKJ, absolutely beautiful venue and the best people in town!

Sent on 08/10/2014

The Owner was very friendly and very nice. The venue location is beautiful with the pond, horses and gorgeous barn.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Becky · Married on 07/18/2014

We could not possibly say enough wonderful things about this venue of jack himself. This place is absolutely beautiful!! Jack is on of the most kindest, outgoing guy's you will ever meet. You will NOT be disapointed!

Sent on 09/12/2014

Cassandra · Married on 07/12/2014

MKJ Farms is by far the most gorgeous and affordable barn venue in the area. You have the flexibility of having your ceremony on the pond with amazing views or being able to have it inside the beautiful barn itself! You have the complete control of the set up and lay-out of the barn. Jack is by far the most outgoing and helpful host you could possibly imagine. He is always around helping the bride and groom as well as entertaining guests that want to see his beautiful piece of land. He is very upfront and honest with you from day one and he makes the day 100% easier for you. The barn can accommodate at least 250 people with ease. We can not say enough great things about this venue or Jack himself. It is a Perfect Location and Venue!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Marlee · Married on 07/11/2014

Jack was unbelievable and his barn is an ideal location for anyone who wants a barn wedding. We had looked around and talked with other venders in the area and Jack was by far easiest to work with, not to mention the best value! Its a gorgeous location and can hold 250 people easily. You have the flexibility to make your wedding as casual or elegant as you would like.
    I couldn't imagine a better day or place to have a wedding.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Matt & Katie · Married on 07/05/2014

We had the absolute best experience at MKJ and with Jack. It was a perfect venue for our special day and one we will never forget. Jack was so accommodating and helpful. Always willing to lend a hand. He made it so easy to have our wedding reception there. Our guests had a blast and loved the unique experience MKJ had to offer.
    Highly recommended!!!!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Jamie · Married on 05/25/2014

Jack and Staff...... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! We had an incredible day at MKJ Farm for my sister's wedding! You were right there, anticipating our every need, and took so much of the stress and worry off our shoulders, allowing us to just enjoy the day! I cannot adequately express how thankful we all are to you for giving us such a great venue for her special day!

Sent on 05/27/2014
  • User2050808 · 2+ years ago

Amazing venue with little decor needed! If you are looking for the most gorgeous wedding ever this is your place! Between the amazing owner jack who is the nicest accommodating person ever, gorgeous barn with access to a beautiful outdoor wedding and horses. What more could you ask for! I would recommend this venue over and over again!! Thank you again jack!!!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Nancy · Married on 05/04/2014

This is an excellent place for a wedding. After the wedding, our limo never showed up, it got chilly out, and the owner invited us to his house to wait for the bus to come back and get us (there were at least 15 of us). You can't ask for a better host! Everything was beautiful!!

Sent on 09/24/2017

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Hi Nancy! Glad you enjoyed your day at MKJ! Sorry your limo was late but I was more than happy to have your group up to the house - that's what it's there for!! Thank you for choosing MKJ! Jack

Kim · Married on 07/14/2013

Can't say enough about Chet he makes the day so special

Sent on 01/04/2017

Jonathan · Married on 07/13/2013

We could not be happier than we are that we chose to hold both our wedding ceremony and the reception at MKJ Farm. When we first decided to start looking for places to have our wedding, MKJ Farms was the first place on our list that we went and looked at...it was also the last! Everything is so beautiful there and you have a blank canvas to do things the way you want. Jack (the owner) and his go-to guy Frank were so accommodating, they don't say no! You ask for it, they make it happen.

I don't know how many times I was told "This is the best/coolest/most unique wedding ever. The barn is amazing and the view from the pond (ceremony site) overlooking the countryside is so beautiful." We had a perfect wedding.

I would highly recommend MKJ Farms to anyone that wants to do something unique and special for their big day. I told Jack as I thanked him today..."I hope someone I know gets married here just so I can come back!"

Sent on 07/15/2013

Liza · Married on 07/05/2013

We CANNOT say enough about how much we LOVE MKJ Farms. As a venue it was EXACTLY what we wanted in terms of location, setting, and value. Jack the owner is an amazing human being!! He went above and beyond the call of duty for us and did whatever he could to make sure our wedding day went smoothly. The farm is a sprawling lot of at least 100 acres with a pond for ceremonies, rolling hills and fields great for photos and a beautifully rustic barn that can accommodate at least 200 guests. There is so much flexibility to choose whatever vendors you want for food, music, photographers, etc. Needless to say MKJ is a venue where you can really customize your wedding day. If you want a barn wedding this place is for you. After all was said and done my husband said "we should have our wedding here every year". We might just have to!!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Monica · Married on 06/29/2013

Jack (the owner), is so supportive and helpful during your time of getting ready for your special day. He will bend over backwards to make sure that your day is amazing. The barn itself is gorgeous, and spacious and you can really make it your own. You can't beat this place, it truly will complete your special day. We had an amazing time during our wedding and we can't thank Jack enough for making our day so special and one we will remember forever!!!

Sent on 07/11/2013

Harley · Married on 06/15/2018

If I had to do it all over again I would. Jack is a great person, he is so accommodating. He was there to make sure our day went smoothly! We had a very large wedding party and he worked wonders to get everyone’s attention for the rehearsal so they wedding party knew what they where doing. Thank you jack!

Sent on 06/19/2018

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thanks Harley! I was happy to help. Your wedding party was a big group - but so much fun. I enjoyed working with all of you! Thank you so much for choosing MKJ for your special day! Jack

Jack was amazing at coordinating everything! There's no time restrictions as long as you have respect for those that have their event the day after!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/13/2017

Everyone else has said it, but Jack is 50% of the reason you should have already booked this venue. The view and surrounding areas are the other 50%. If you are looking for a barn, but don't want something too rustic and want to get married outside but are realistic about the weather in Upstate New York - call Jack today and talk to him about taking a tour.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Everyone was raving about the venue and how beautiful it was! I was literally told it was like our wedding was straight out of a fairytale. Jack was so incredibly helpful and did everything he could to make things go as perfect as possible.

Beautiful scenery. Beautiful venue. Even the horses were fun!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Dulcie · Married on 10/13/2013

Jack is so helpful and will work hard to make your day the best it can be. We had a great experience. It was so nice to have a venue that would could really make our own with decorations, etc. If we wanted something done that Jack would need to do he was happy to do it and was present during the day of our wedding. Also the venue is so beautiful! We highly recommend MKJ Farm.

Sent on 05/17/2015

4.2
      3.5

What I loved about MKJ farms, was the ability to be as plain or extravagant as your want, in a beautiful setting. Jack, the owner was a fun professional and made sure the day went smoothly. We did a lot of work, as far as decorating and clean up but it was all worth it. The roof did have some leaks, so at night when it down poured some things got wet, but nothing tragic. The bridal party was able to use Jack's house before the ceremony, and even had some wine provided to us to calm any last minute nerves.

Sent on 08/13/2013

1.5
      1.0
      1.5

Vendor supplies tables and chairs at the location (but for additional costs) so the costs rack up for all the extra supplies such as food (catering separate); alcohol; bar tenders (paid separately); linens and silverware (not covered by most caterers); and decorations (you must do yourself). Preferably, more should be included in the cost. For the rental price at most places tables, chairs, linens and bartenders would be included and not paid separately.

The venue may get hot in the summer (no air conditioning), or too cool in spring/fall nights. The rental time is limitless so your party can last all night without anyone trying to throw you out! There is an outdoor pond for ceremonies and/or pictures if weather permits. The area could use better landscaping (flowers, grass seed, etc).

The bathrooms are detached from the barn, so it there is bad weather guests have to go outside to use the restrooms. They are nothing fancy. Not a place to really freshen up.

Sent on 07/28/2013

KIM AND CHRISTOPHER · Married on 07/23/2016

1.2
      1.0
      0.5
      0.5

EXPENSIVE.WAS OKAY VENUE.VERY VERY HOT.

Sent on 07/26/2016

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Kim and Christopher - In seeing this review I am shocked. I had no idea that you were unhappy with anything about my venue and the service before, during, and after your wedding day. I would be grateful for your help if you could give me specific feedback on what we could have done better. This is the first negative review I have ever gotten and I work very hard to be accommodating to all of the wedding parties needs and wishes. I assumed when you extended the reception that you were having a great time. In checking with both of you during and after your day, I was not made aware of any concerns. I am truly sorry if the venue and service did not live up to your expectations and would value your feedback and suggestions. Thank you - Jack