MKJ Farm Barn Weddings Reviews

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 6
MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 7
  • Saharah

Saharah · Getting married on 08/22/2020

The stupid question is the question not asked

Sent on 08/12/2017

Cody J Leitz · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely fabulous

Jack has one of the greatest venues I have ever seen jack does whatever you want anything he has you can use he takes care you from start to finish he loves to make sure that your day is the best day of your life I would he Carter's to everything that you need and will make it so smooth and make sure everything is right on time

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • ashlee

ashlee · Married on 07/27/2019

Incredible!

When we started looking at venues I kept saying that I didnt want a barn wedding. Then we met jack and boy was I extremely happy that we did! We sat down from the beginning he was so personable the meeting about what he has and the prices was so comfortable it didnt feel like a business meeting it felt like we sat down with a friend. Jack from the start said if we could dream it then it could be done! Me and my family decided to make our own food and decorate on our own . Jack was so supportive with our decision! When I arrived to decorate his staff asked me at least 5 times of I needed help and if they could do anything for me. clean up jack and his staff completed and made it very easy to pick up all of our things the following day! It was 86 the day we got married yes hot! but, with fans it was tolerable and hardly noticed with such breath taking views at sunset and such amazing staff! And he has updated and added two bathrooms in the venue making it easier for our older guests to access the bathroom! All in all I would recommend mkj every single time!! Hat off to you jack you have the best venue !

Sent on 07/30/2019
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 8
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 9
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 10
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 11
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 12

Alicia Jones · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Jack has to be one of the most generous, caring and overall and amazing person. He knows exactly what he’s doing, always right there to help and take any stress away! Loved every second of our wedding and reception thanks to Jack!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Stefanie

Stefanie · Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful venue with an amazing, personable owner!

Jack at MKJ made my husband and I's wedding day better than I could've imagined. The barn was decorated beautifully, we just added some small personal touches, and we got to do the ceremony up by the pond on the beautiful dock he had just rebuilt. Aside from the fact that the venue if beautiful, Jack made sure the day went by seamlessly which was perfect for me because we didn't go the extra mile to hire a wedding coordinator or planner; but with Jack, we didn't need either. He managed our walkthrough for the rehearsal which he so kindly allowed us to do at the barn the night prior, even going to extra mile to pick up out dinner and bring it back to the barn for us to eat. He was always there to offer words of advice and recommendations from his experience. He took us up to the top of the hill for beautiful pictures and set off a wonderful fireworks display later in the evening. He also made sure the shuttle service ran to our liking and even picked us up personally the following morning to go back and get our vehicle. I would not hesitate to chose Jack and MKJ again if I had to do it all over!

Sent on 08/07/2019
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 13
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 14
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Jury · Married on 05/25/2019

the absolute best day ever!

Hosting our wedding at MKJ was the best decision we ever made. We opted for the ceremony outdoors next to the pond and what an absolutely gorgeous spot it was! The reception space is grand with all the amenities you need; including a gorgeous and rustic bar that literally is the icing the cake in this space. Jack goes above and beyond to make your day perfect... so you can just relax and enjoy your day!

Sent on 06/28/2019
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 15
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 16
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 17
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 05/18/2019

Just the best

Spacious, inviting, fun and overall the best place with the most to offer

Sent on 05/23/2019

Amanda Haase · Married on 05/18/2019

Not enough words

Jack was amazing. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. My BEST friend got married here on May 18th, and it couldn't have been any better. We were able to get ready in his beautiful home, the scenery and decor was breathtaking, and he really went above and beyond. 10/10 would recommend to anyone looking for a barn wedding. Thanks SO much!!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Joe Mosley · Married on 05/11/2019

Excellent venue, even better owner

Venue was spot on, very large space to have reception and ceremony all in the barn and still have it “separated” so it feels like two different locations. Has a spot by a pond to be married as well. Jack was always responsive and very professional with any and all of our questions we had. He let us use anything he had on site, was wonderful to the bride and bridal party even opening up his own home for use. Very easy going and works with you along the way to make it as stress free as possible. Jack went above and beyond our expectations. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Zoe

Zoe Miles-Relyea · Married on 11/09/2018

Beautiful venue with an amazing owner

The venue is simply amazing. So many different location options for pictures. Also options for indoor or outdoor ceremonies. The whole venue is so beautiful inside and out. The owner is super nice and so accommodating. He made everything from all the planning, to that very day so easy. I will recommend this venue a hundred times over.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Matthew · Married on 10/07/2018

You can’t go wrong with this Venue

Oh my gosh how could we not give this 10 stars out of 5 lol. But I guess 5 will do. Outside of the beautiful bride all people have raved about is how beautiful MKJ farm is. You can’t beat the price of this place. If we did our type of wedding anywhere else it would have cost about 2-3 thousand more then what Jacks venue cost. And I will repeat this more in the review so get used it. You won’t meet a nicer down to earth guy then Jack. He answered our numerous phone calls and visits to the barn as we lived 2 hours away.

He offered to go above and beyond anything we asked for. He was awesome to deal with. Did I mention how nice and down to earth he is? I highly recommend renting the bus for your guests to use as a shuttle from the hotel to site and site to hotel. We used the Hampton inn and home wood suites for our wedding and the ride is not that bad at all.

We rented the bus and used it literally from 6:45 AM to take the grooms party golfing almost 30 mins away and back to the hotel and numerous shuttles and special trips throughout the day. We ended up having our last trip for the night around midnight. Jack even came and picked us up the next morning after the wedding to return us back to the farm to get cars left behind.

In conjunction with using MKJ farm we used the following vendors who loved working with jack and had no problems servicing the area.

DJ - Music Man Entertainment
    Photographer - Matt McClosky Photography
    Videographer - Bharti Productions
    Caterer - Seymour’s BBQ
    Cake - Oh Goodness Cakes!

You can’t go wrong with this place ever! We viewed 5 facilities MKJ farm being 2nd one we looked at and i should have just booked with him upon meeting him.

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Niki

Niki · Married on 09/28/2018

Best Barn Venue in Upstate NY

My now husband and I actually met at MKJ when mutual college friends got married, so when it was time for us to get hitched we couldn't think of a better place to go!

Jack and his team are amazing, and could not do more for you to help plan and make sure you have the best day possible. He was so easy to work with, and was always happy to answer any of my questions or concerns leading up to our wedding. When it came time for the big day, he was there all day and helped us switch the ceremony site from the pond to the barn because it had rained the night before and it was too wet. I gave a simple yup that is good with me, and away they went to sort it all out. And it was breathtaking! I could not have asked for a more beautiful place.

We had talked ahead of time about dancing on that gorgeous bar, and all I had to do was tell the bartender "It's Time!", and they cleared it off and we got up there and shook our booties!! It was the best. We also got married on a Friday (hello cheaper!) and we had the whole week to set up and drop things off. I hired a decorator recommended by Jack and it was awesome, I didn't have to lift a finger for set up or clean up! Jack and his team picked everything up, and while we were hung over, we went the next day and just threw it all in my car.

Because of all of these amazing things that is MKJ, Jack, and his team, you need to book this place early! Don't say no to this place just because he doesn't have your dream date available, make it work. I promise you it is worth it!! No barn in the area can beat Jack :)

Sent on 01/25/2019
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 29
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 30
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 31

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thank you !1 It was an awesome day !! I was glad to be apart of it and wish you both all the best. Take care Jack

Chelsea · Married on 09/22/2018

We recently got married at MKJ and I don’t even know where to start with how much we loved this experience!! The owner, Jack, is amazing!! He helped through the whole process. From the first meeting, to the planning, to the dealing with the stress and anxiety any bride has for her wedding! He makes everything so easy! He provides his house to have the bridal party get ready in overlooking the beautiful barn. He will shuttle guests up in the “limo” and makes everyone feel so comfortable. During the night he checked in with us to see if there was anything we needed or wanted. That night he will pack everything up for you and place it on the bar so when you come back in the morning it’s an easy clean up. Thank you so much Jack for the best wedding experience!!

Sent on 09/23/2018
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 32
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 33
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 34

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thank you Chelsea for having your wedding at MKJ! I am more than happy to help make your day the best it can be. We want to make sure it is not stressful so you can enjoy your special day. Glad to have been part of your day! Jack

Rhonda · Married on 08/25/2018

We couldn't have asked for anything more for my daughter's wedding. Jack makes the entire experience stress free, from the initial meeting, to the planning before, set-up of the venue, rehearsal and the day of the wedding. The bridal party gets ready right there in a beautiful house at the top of the hill. He steps in to do whatever whenever. He shuttles guests, lights candles, scoops ice cream if needed! Whether the wedding is outside with the pond as the backdrop or in the big beautiful barn, you will not be disappointed. I've included just one picture so you can see the view at this beautiful countryside setting. He makes sure that the gifts and cards are secure (unfortunately apparently there are people who take cards knowing that there's money in them) and he cleans everything up, packs/stacks neatly for your pickup the next day. Please consider MKJ Farm for your wedding: http://mkjfarm.com/pricing-faq.php

Sent on 08/31/2018
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 35

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thanks for all the kind words Rhonda! What a great picture! Glad I could help make your daughter's wedding easy. I am always happy to help. It's a day of great memories and I want to make sure it is as stress free as possible. Loved the ice cream by the way - great idea! All my best - Jack

Mark · Married on 07/28/2018

We held our wedding at this venue in late July. This is by far the best place in upstate New York to hold a wedding. The scenery is absolutely amazing for pictures, the grounds are very well kept, the barn is amazing inside and out, the ceremony location at the pond is great as well. This venue overall for appearance is A+. The owner Jack, I can't say anywhere near enough good things about him. He isn't a wedding planner, but you wouldn't know that. You'd think that's his full time job with how well everything runs up there. He's always around doing things in the background to make sure your event goes as smooth as it can, but you'll hardly see him if at all. I would very highly recommend this venue to anyone solely on Jack's abilities and his attitude. Absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 07/30/2018

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thanks Mark for your kind words! I’m so glad you found MKJ to be all that you wanted for your wedding. It was a beautiful day and I was more than happy to help in whatever you needed. Take care, Jack

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

I absolutely loved this venue and the owner, jack. He plays such an important roll, he has a preferred list of vendors that he has had dealt with and had nothing but s good experience, he has options for you (fireworks, multiple ceremony spots, party bus, use of his house), he goes above and beyond. Not only did he pick up our alcohol order but he stocked the bar and had everything cold, he provided us with our liquor license as well as a bartender, he was available to answer any and all calls, knowledgeable of his venue and ideas and ways that’s worked in the past (decorating, set up..). I also loved that we had use of his house, everyone came to me. Make up, hair, family. It was so important that I wasn’t running around anymore than need be just due to the fact the day already flies to begin with. The people that help when it comes to weddings are just as nice. Everyone had a smile, everyone had a good time and everyone enjoyed the space. I would chose jack and his venue 10 times over again. He truly does it for couples happily ever after rather then to make a buck or two and it def shows! Thanks so much Jack!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 36
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 37
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 38

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Wow Megan - thank you so much for all your kind words! I just want to make sure all the couples have the best day possible and I'm glad you enjoyed MKJ, and had the wedding you hoped for! Hope you come back for a visit in the future! Thanks you very much for choosing to have your day here! Jack

Gina · Married on 07/01/2018

I cannot say enough about this venue or the owner, Jack! We booked our wedding about a year in advance, and Jack was there to answer any and every question during that time. Texts at 10:00 pm at night, early phone calls, Jack was happy to take them all. We visited the venue several times, and Jack was always there to hang with us and answer by 42346238 questions.

The venue itself is simply wonderful. MKJ is one of the biggest barns in the area that happily fit our guests. Other barns may charge you for every little extra thing (chairs, tables, etc.) Jack has it all included in venue price. He even lets you have the ceremony there included in the price, which most barns charge you $700-$1,000 more for. He said "why would I charge you to get married here if you're going to be there anyway?" Ha! That just sums up who Jack is. The way he organizes everything for you such as the bar, pickups and drop-offs is so incredibly helpful. He works with so many amazing vendors and had great recommendations for us as we were narrowing down who we wanted to choose. There is also an option to rent a shuttle from him at a low price which was very convenient for us. He has horses too which all my guests loved.

I never once had to worry about if things would run smoothly. The day of our wedding was about 94 degrees, and I'm writing this now saying I truly wouldn't change a thing! We had an absolute bast. Jack took care of everything, and he truly has become part of the family. I had tears in my eyes saying goodbye to Jack yesterday! I am so appreciative for all of his hard work. To him, you're not a number and it's obvious by the way he makes you feel. He is simply a great person who is amazing at what he does. The venue is breathtaking, and although some other venues may have nice views as well, no one compares to the hospitality and love Jack brings. Thank you will never be enough, Jack. You've become family to us. We love you!

Gina and Andrew
    06.30.18

Sent on 07/02/2018

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Gina and Andrew - Thank you so much for this review and for having your wedding here at MKJ! I had a blast with you, your family, and friends. I am so glad that you enjoyed your day. Look forward to seeing you all again. ( first anniversary reunion???) Take Care - Jack

Kerry · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I recently got married at MKJ, on May 19, 2018. We had searched high and low for a venue and were never satisfied until we found MKJ! The minute we stepped on the property and met Jack, we were in love! The barn is absolutely spectacular and Jack is the absolute best!! He will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy and pleased! He is so friendly and kind and selfless! He lent my bridal party and I his house on the property to get ready and it was perfect! We had plenty of room and everyone was able to get their hair and makeup done and get dressed all in one place. We didn’t have to travel or anything to get to the ceremony! On the day of our wedding it poured in the morning and I was devastated but Jack assured me that it would all be fine and he set up the ceremony space inside the barn and made it look amazing! I was actually grateful it rained because the space was so gorgeous and intimate. I could go on for days about how stunning the barn is! It’s unique, spacious, rustic, and authentic. Our guests are still raving about it. It was such an amazing day and having it at MKJ Farms really made it so much more special! If you’re looking for a barn type venue, stop looking because MKJ is the best place to have it!!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 39

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Kerry - Thank you so much for all your kind words! I am always happy to help out and want to make sure that your special day goes just the way you want it. Sorry I couldn't control the rain ( LOL) and I'm glad the ceremony in the barn worked out for you. The reception looked like such fun and your guests seemed to really enjoy themselves. Thank you for choosing MKJ - Jack and Lori Ann

Corianne · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I got married at this venue and it was absolutely perfect! Jack was great about everything and was very flexible and accommodating with every detail from vendor recommendations to last minute decisions. It ended up raining but Jack was great about making sure we were prepared for both options and gave plenty of time to decide. Overall the venue is incredible and we knew after our first visit this was the perfect place! We highly recommend and thank Jack and his staff for everything!

Sent on 06/29/2018
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 40
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 41

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thanks Corianne!! I was glad to help - it's nice to be prepared for the weather and let you make the choice! I certainly appreciate you choosing MKJ and am glad to hear that your day was everything you hoped for! Congratulations! Jack

Mary · Married on 10/08/2017

Jack has a beautiful spot of heaven at MKJ. We got married by the pond and it was just gorgeous. In fact, I realized about an hour before the ceremony was to start that no one had decorated that area (We handled all of that with the help of friends and Family) and he immediately went out to handle it for us! He went out of his way to be helpful not o ly to us, but to our guests. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect place or perfect person to work with!!! Go check out MKJ! You won't be sorry!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thank you Mary - you know I was more than happy to help! You certainly had a great day for your wedding. I appreciate you choosing MKJ! Thank you - Jack

Brandon · Married on 09/16/2017

Don't go anywhere else besides here. This venue is amazing! Let's start off with the good stuff. First and foremost it is absolutely breathtaking at the farm! The barn is huge! We had 240 people at our wedding and we had plenty of room to move around and a huge area for the dance floor. And speaking of huge, the barn has a 19 foot bar, kitchen which your catering company can use, and a separate room for a just in case situation if it rains you can have your ceremony in the separate room. But if you are as lucky as my wife and I were the best location for the ceremony is at the pond. Now the pond is on a hill but don't let that scare you off! The owner has a nice size golf cart that he uses to transport people from the parking area to the pond. Every one at the wedding loved it! The seating at the pond fits 75 people and there is plenty of standing room in the back of the seating area if you need more room. The view is breathtaking as you have beautiful hills in the background. But if I haven't convinced you to have it here yet let's talk about Jack, the owner. Once we met Jack we knew we had our venue! This man is absolutely fantastic! He will go way above and beyond to make sure your day is amazing! Before the wedding if you have any questions day or night he tells you do not hesitate to contact him. I would call with a question at 1 am - 4 am some times and he would call me back as soon as possible which would be just a few hours later. The day of he opens up his home for you to use. He makes you feel like you're part of the family, and during the reception he makes your family feel like family. Everyone loved it and loved him! Don't go anywhere else, because here, they've got it all, and more!

Sent on 09/18/2017

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Brandon - Thank you so much for choosing MKJ! I'm glad that I could help make your day go smoothly and that you had the wedding you hoped for! We think the pond is a pretty special setting too and your wedding was beautiful! Many wishes for a happy future! Jack

Nerissa · Married on 09/15/2017

AMAZING! If I had one word to describe this venue, experience and the owner (Jack) it would be amazing! My husband and I wanted a romantic outdoor wedding and the barn was perfect! Jack couldn't have been any more accommodating, responsive and overall helpful. He made sure everything was taken care of and made wedding planning and the wedding day less stressful. Jack, not only handled everything as it pertained to the venue but actively coordinated with our other vendors to lighten our workload. He has extensive connections in the area that make finding all the right pieces that much easier (and more affordable). The way that he handled us, our wedding party, our friends and our family was with the utmost professionalism and on numerous occasions went above and beyond to ensure us and our guests had the experience we always dreamed of. He is a genuine human being who takes great pride in ensuring this special day is perfect and we can't thank him enough for achieving just that for us. His kindness and generosity started from the minute we met him and extended through the days and weeks following the completion of the wedding. There is no one better than Jack and we would HIGHLY recommend MKJ Barn!

Sent on 10/10/2017
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 42
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 43

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Nerissa - I was so happy to help both of you with your wedding day! I always hope to make things easy and stress free for everyone that chooses MKJ. You certainly had a fun wedding. Thank you for having your wedding at MKJ!

Chelsey · Married on 09/10/2017

The owner of MKJ Farms is absolutely amazing! He opens up his property to you the entire day of your wedding. To his house, the ceremony site, the barn, his horses, everything. He is extremely helpful is making your special day go off without a hitch. He is by far the best to deal with. Thank you, Jack!!

Sent on 09/24/2017

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Chelsey thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed all MKJ had to offer. We sure enjoyed having you here! We are proud of our facilities and were so happy that you had a great experience here! Best wishes on your marriage! Jack
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/09/2017

Working with Jack at MKJ Farms was the easiest part of our wedding. He went above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly what we were expecting. We planned our wedding in Deansboro mainly from New Jersey. Jack made everything seamless and simple. When were in town he would let us swing by and discuss options. The day of was perfect, when little things came up (like a sprinkle of rain) he handled everything and gave us some options for our cocktail hour. In the end our day was even more than we could have imagined. The venue was perfect, if you're looking for a wedding location and reception all in one MKJ is the place to be!

Sent on 09/29/2017
    MKJ Farm Barn Weddings 44

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Kristen - glad we could problem solve when the weather wouldn't cooperate! Things worked out great and your cocktail hour was a hit! I'm always happy to help out and keep MKJ accessible to brides and grooms as they are planning their event. Thanks for choosing MKJ! Jack