MKJ Farm Barn Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Katie
    Katie M. Married on 05/07/2022

Best venue around CNY area!!!!

I highly recommend checking out MkJ farm for your wedding. Not only is the barn and property beautiful but you get Jack! Jack went above and beyond making sure everything ran smooth and just truly helped every step of the way for planning our big day! I didn’t have a coordinator and Jack stepped up and Kept everything to plan. Anything we needed that day Jack was there to do… Jack even helped fluff my dress and carry it over a little mud(married on May 7th) before I walked! He is extremely flexible and you will not find any venue owner more accommodating then Jack! Trust me we checked out every barn venue from here to up to 2 hours away in every direction! This barn is all one level and huge! No stairs for guests to trip and fall and worry about which I have seen happen at other barn venues!!! Check this venue out! You will not regret it!!!
  • Shelby
    Shelby F. Married on 10/23/2021

We had a blast!!

Jack and his staff were great! I got covid about a week before the wedding and he was very flexible with keeping up with my quarantine. We communicated a lot and luckily my quarantine was up before the wedding. He was very accommodating and answered all of my questions about the wedding. We had a blast! The venue is beautiful and it was a gorgeous day! Great views!
    Marissa H. Married on 10/03/2021

MKJ is Amazing!

We just had our wedding at MKJ Farms and we cannot be more thrilled with our special day! Jack made the planning process so easy with his responsiveness, his personality, and all that he gives into each and every wedding! We unfortunately had to switch to an inside ceremony, but the indoor space was phenomenal. Jack is above and beyond what you want for a venue owner and the venue itself is absolutely stunning! If you are looking for a venue that is going to help you prepare and be relaxed on your wedding day— MKJ Farms is the place!!
    Sarah G. Married on 09/10/2021

Cannot recommend MKJ Farm enough!

I recently had my wedding at MKJ Farm, and the entire experience was wonderful! Jack is so kind, he was always available to chat when I had questions, and his professionalism and care for his clients is second to none. Not only did he provide the venue, he also picked up our alcohol, served it himself at our wedding, returned the leftovers, cleaned up after the wedding and packed everything into our car, offered to drive us to our hotel the night of our wedding, and even returned our car to us at our hotel the next day. We were able to do exactly what we wanted with our wedding day as well. I can't tell you how many times he said, "whatever you want, we can do it!" Plus, the price for everything that he does is unbeatable. A million thank you's to you, Jack! Our day was perfect and we couldn't have done it without your help!
  • Kyra
    Kyra Married on 09/04/2021

The best venue!!

Jack and his venue are absolutely amazing in every way! He was fantastic in rescheduling our wedding from 2020 and made the experience so easy. Jack is attentive and the couple is his #1 concern the entire time. Jack went above and beyond as a venue owner to make our wedding perfect. If you are looking for an absolutely stunning view, amazing staff, and the best party you can have definitely have your wedding at MKJ Farms!
  • Ericka
    Ericka Married on 09/03/2021

Amazing experience!

Wonderful communication, easy rescheduling due to Covid, gorgeous venue all around, Jack is amazing and gets every detail done for the brides. The ease of this venue is perfect, on site getting ready area, so many photo opportunities, etc.
    Alexandria Z. Married on 08/27/2021

Best wedding venue EVER

Jack and Laurie were amazing! They made our wedding experience the best! So helpful, didn’t let us lift a finger! The venue is gorgeous. We had the horses and donkeys out which the kids loved! I am so so happy we went with MKJ.
  • Becca
    Becca P. Married on 07/31/2021

The best day ever

Jack , has the best venue. Everything was absolutely perfect. And a true dream come true. He made everything so stress free and made us feel right at home. The view from the pond during our ceramony over looking the valley was stunning. The barn was huge and fit our guest perfectly and plenty of room for dancing. The horses on the property were so freindly we ended up in the pasture with them feeding them. We had fireworks . and later on he lit a bon fire with us .
  • Daniel
    Daniel L. Married on 07/09/2021

Truly a Care-free, Wonderful Day!

Jack and his staff are absolutely second to none. When you book with Jack, you're also enlisting his incredible services as a wedding-day coordinator. Jack knows his business. He makes sure everything is set exactly as it should be, when it should be. He's the perfect guy to make you feel completely comfortable on your wedding day and ensure you have nothing to worry about. He takes care of EVERYTHING. Things you won't even think about or realize until they're already done! The venue and property are amazing and Jack truly makes you feel like the place is yours on you special day. Our guests couldn't speak more highly about his amazing hospitality. 11/10 would recommend to anyone!
    Gary S. Married on 06/21/2021

Absolutely Fantastic Venue

The breathtaking country setting under direction of owner Jack Bushman, the event was flawless, and Jack took care of every detail, and the entire wedding went fantastic. The grounds are groomed and the backdrop of horses grazing on the back field was just amazing. This is the classiest venue in New York for a wedding or event. From the planning to conclusion every detail was taken care of swiftly and professionally!
    Karlie Married on 06/19/2021

Great venue!

This is a great venue with great service and direction from the owner, Jack! They have all the accommodations you could want and if they don’t have something they can help you get it! Highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere and great times! Jack makes coordinating everything easy so there is nothing to worry about!

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thank you !! Had a great time as well. Take care and thank you for having your day at MKJ farm. Jack
  • Leanne
    Leanne M. Married on 09/19/2020

Phenomenal

I was just married in September 2021, and it one of the best days of my life. The place is spectacular, the owner(Jack) is amazing and his staff are great. He opens his house to the bridal party for the day, he takes care of the vendors when the arrive, he makes sure your wishes happen. He makes it about the Bride and Groom from the moment you give him a deposit. He is a genuine person who owns and maintains a beautiful, breathe taking venue. Go see Jack and book this venue today, you will not be disappointed and your search for the perfect venue will be over.
    Leanne Campbell
  • Kristin
    Kristin L. Married on 09/06/2020

The Best Day of Our Lives

If you are looking for the most perfect wedding venue THIS IS IT. The barn is HUGE and perfect. The property is GORGEOUS and spacious, at all times of the year. You can have your ceremony pretty much anywhere. And you can have pictures with horses and donkeys. DO I NEED TO SAY MORE? Jack is honestly the most kind and giving man you can work with. He gives you his home to get ready in. He takes care of SO much. He is always available to talk and responds ALL THE TIME. I cannot stress enough how much I love Jack and this venue. He let us do whatever we preferred and wanted, from the set up of the space to the food/drinks, fireworks, etc. We had the absolute best day of our lives here and I wouldn't have wanted it anywhere else. Please look no further. If you are looking for a barn, this is the best one you can find. You will never ever be disappointed.

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Hey Kristin, It was a great day ! Thank you so much for choosing MKJ farm for your wedding . Take care Jack
  • Desiree
    Desiree Married on 08/22/2020

Wedding venue

Jack was absolutely amazing. He went above and beyond for us to be able to have our wedding still! 10/10 recommend
  • Saharah
    Saharah Married on 08/22/2020
    The stupid question is the question not asked
    Samamntha Married on 11/03/2019

Jack is amazing!!!

I had my wedding here on Nov 3rd and honestly do not have the words to thank Jack enough. He is so welcoming and accommodating. Moments before I was set to walk down the aisle something was on my gown and he hand scrubbed it out! I can not thank him enough! The venue is beautiful inside and out and there are many great places for pictures. He opens his house to you and your wedding party to get ready. Me and my girls had a stress free fun time. Its also a benefit that you get bring in the caterers of your choice as well as plan your whole bar. The fireworks that are offered are also a great way to set your wedding apart!

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Hey Samamntha, Thank you so much for choosing MKJ. We all had a great time !! Take care and all the best Jack
  • Amanda
    Amanda L. Married on 10/26/2019

Like family!

When you book MKJ you don't just get a venue get get Jack, who by the end, becomes another member of the family. Jack was super responsive, helpful, and just willing to do whatever needed to make sure the day went off without a hitch. He's super knowledgable about what works best for set-up and flow of celebrations. Our friends and family cannot stop raving about the time they had, the beauty of the venue, and the warmth from the wonderful owners of this venue. If you are on the fence about booking MKJ, don't be! One of the best decisions we made. Thank you MKJ and Jack!
  • Katherine
    Katherine R. Married on 10/05/2019

Best day ever

I can’t stress enough how wonderful this venue is, and how incredible jack is during the whole thing! He makes you feel very comfortable and stress free (what girl doesn’t want that on her big day). You don’t feel like he’s a stranger you just met, it seems like you’ve been friends for years with his personality. A BIG plus is you don’t need a wedding planner with him, in my own personal experience I think he knows more than they do and what works best for your options at the farm. Please just do yourself a favor and relax on your wedding day by booking here, you won’t regret it!
    Cassie Married on 09/14/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Married Sept 14,2019

In the early months of our engagement, we searched to pick to the perfect venue. We looked at three or four different barns around the area but when we went to visit MKJ Farms, we knew this was the place. I remember when we first met Jack, it was dead of winter and he stored boats and other things for the winter and walking around bending over things and trying to imagine an Wedding was a laugh all on its own. Jack took us back to his personal house and showed us pictures and made us fall in love with the barn even more than we have already did. Jack made my now husband and myself very comfortable as he walked through a typical day of a wedding. Giving details on his firework package, bar package, stating that the girls have his personal house for the day and we could use his ranger to and from the barn if needed. Jack really put our minds at rest.

During all the months leading up to the wedding we were in contact if we had any questions or last minute “o my goodness what if” Jack would respond in a friendly manner but also very professional.

Rehearsal dinner, Jack walked us through on how we should walk, where we needed to stand etc. We ordered pizza and wings that night and relaxed at his house. On the day of the wedding, a few things were missing and within matter of minutes he had it that item that was missing. We were absolutely blown away! Even the most beautiful pictures still don’t seem to do justice for how beautiful of a location it is.

People often ask us what was the best part about our wedding day and for both of us the best part about the day was that we didn’t worry about anything. Jack worked very closely with our vendors some of our vendors were ones that he recommended! It was an incredible feeling to know that we could relax and enjoy our day knowing everything was going smoothly and our guests were all enjoying themselves.
    Shelly H. Married on 09/11/2019

AMAZING Picturesque Space

While, I was a guest attending a wedding this past weekend (9-7-19) at MKJ FARM, I can honestly say this was one of the most fabulous weddings that I have ever attended!! The space is unbelievable,very well decorated and by spending a few minutes with the owner, Jack, he is hands on. No detail was missed. I live in Delaware, but I immediately felt that when one of my kids gets married this would be the perfect destination wedding space. Cannot say enough good things about MKJ Farm. I would give it a gazillion thumbs up!!

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thanks Shelly! It was great talking with you too. We would love to host your families wedding! Please keep us in mind. So glad that a guest gave us a such a nice review. Happy you enjoyed the wedding! Jack
    Edward S. Married on 09/07/2019

Don’t even have words!

Jack is the man. Trust me when I tell you you’ll want to have your wedding here. Not only is the place amazing Jack is hands down the easiest venue you will ever deal with. He takes all the worry out of your special day. He is very professional and very accommodating. We have been to several barn weddings in the past year including ours and although they are all beautiful you will have the most fun here. Trust me!!!

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Happy New Year ! Thank you. I had a great time as well . Take care hope to see you both again. Jack
  • Corbin
    Corbin H. Married on 08/31/2019

Venue and owner is amazing

We had the best wedding on August 31,2019
    We had the most smooth and fun day thanks to Jack !
    The owner is simply amazing and will do anything you ask
    Can’t thank him enough for our fantastic day!
    Everyone commented on how amazing he was and how gorgeous the venue was
    Pricing is very reasonable !
    Thanks so much Jack at MKJ for making our day absolutely perfect and one to remember !

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thanks Corbin! You had an absolutely amazing day for your wedding! Glad to help you make it the day you hoped for. Great people and a great time!
  • W
    Wendy J. Married on 08/17/2019

Spectacular

I cannot say enough about the great experience we had at my daughters wedding reception at MKJ Farm. Jack is absolutely the best and the venue was great from the large bar with wonderful bartenders to the spacious dance floor and plenty of room for guests. Jack was available to help with anything we needed and I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who wants a great time at a wonderful place. Having full use of the house on the property to get ready is an absolute plus. It was a relaxing atmosphere and stress free for the bride and bridal party. Thank you Jack and team for making Katie and Shane’s wedding day so perfect.

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

We were so glad your family chose MKJ for your daughter's wedding. We really want to make the day fun and memorable for everyone! Katie and Shane and all of the crew were fun to have here at the Farm! Thanks so much! Jack
  • ashleigh
    Ashleigh Married on 08/03/2019

Beautiful Views and Wonderful Owner

Jack was one of the first people I spoke to when my husband and I had started looking for our wedding venue. We were both in Ohio at the time and had limited time in New York before we moved to look at any venues. He was so accommodating from the start with helping us find time to come see the venue and we spent at least an hour after he gave us a tour just sitting and chatting with him. He’s such a kind and helpful person. He goes way above and beyond what he has to in order to help make everything run smoothly for the big day and take as much stress away from you as he can. He answered my tons of questions always in a timely manner and never made me feel like I was asking too many or being too much. I fell in love with the venue the moment I laid eyes on it. The barn is extremely spacious and the ceremony site by the pond is gorgeous. The entire property has such stunning views. Myself and all of my bridesmaids spent the morning relaxing and having fun while we got ready in his house and Jack was running around making sure everything was going okay so I wouldn’t have to worry. He helped me with my indecisiveness on the layout of the barn for the reception and he helped us work through our rehearsal and made sure everything went okay the day of the wedding. My husband and I spent some time after the guests had cleared out the night of the wedding chatting with Jack and the two bartenders we had for the receptions. One of them spent time with some of my cousins and younger kids that were at the wedding driving them around the property in the side by side. If the venue itself isn’t enough to convince you, Jacks friendly manner and willingness to help in whatever way he can should definitely do it. You can tell he loves being involved in the wedding business and wants people to have the best time they can.

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your very kind review. We all had a great time and thank you again for choosing MKJ farm. Take care Jack
  • ashlee
    Ashlee Married on 07/27/2019

Incredible!

When we started looking at venues I kept saying that I didnt want a barn wedding. Then we met jack and boy was I extremely happy that we did! We sat down from the beginning he was so personable the meeting about what he has and the prices was so comfortable it didnt feel like a business meeting it felt like we sat down with a friend. Jack from the start said if we could dream it then it could be done! Me and my family decided to make our own food and decorate on our own . Jack was so supportive with our decision! When I arrived to decorate his staff asked me at least 5 times of I needed help and if they could do anything for me. clean up jack and his staff completed and made it very easy to pick up all of our things the following day! It was 86 the day we got married yes hot! but, with fans it was tolerable and hardly noticed with such breath taking views at sunset and such amazing staff! And he has updated and added two bathrooms in the venue making it easier for our older guests to access the bathroom! All in all I would recommend mkj every single time!! Hat off to you jack you have the best venue !

MKJ Farm Barn Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much Ashlee! You all put in so much work, and we were happy to help! You did an amazing job and we are glad your wedding was what you dreamed it could be! Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day! Jack