MJ's DJ Services Reviews

48 Reviews for MJ's DJ Services

• David

David Downing · Married on 02/15/2020

The Only Right Choice

MJs DJ Service is a treasure in a saturated market and perhaps the only right choice is choosing entertainment for your wedding reception. We booked Mike a year before our wedding and he did not forget us (he remembered a lot, actually) and when we met with him in person, he was so pleasant and thoughtful. He really wants to tailor your event to you and your partner and nothing else. Whatever Mike brings to the party is what you have asked. He tailored our evening to us and didn’t even blink to meet some requests that weren’t necessarily traditional. He was direct and smooth the whole night - able to wrangle and explain to a wedding party exactly what was going to happen for introductions and did such a wonderful job with it. He went out of his way to talk with us all night to make sure it was going how we wanted and never faltered one single time. The best suggestion Mike made, however, was the addition of the photo booth. What a blast! We have candid photos that aren’t formal of anybody who walked into that booth and some are treasured moments we will have to look at forever (others are ridiculous ones we will have forever).

I can’t say enough about how happy we are that we chose MJs DJ Services and how highly we recommend him to anybody who wants to have a fun and perhaps even memorable wedding. There is no wrong way to have a wedding reception, but there is a right one, and Mike Keville and MJs DJ Services is step 1, 2, and 3 to doing so. Thank you Mike!

Sent on 02/16/2020
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 02/15/2020

Hire this man

He was amazing. So helpful with everything! Planned everything down to the nitty grotty details. Kept our crowd dancing all night long despite the huge range of ages and music tastes! Tailors everything to your needs and explained everything ahead of time. Don’t look any further, hire this man!

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan Dickson · Married on 09/07/2019

Stop looking and book now!!

I honestly dont know how I would have managed my day without Michael! He played such an amazing role. From marrying us, to be kinda like my undercover organizer and keeping us on track with time. As well as making sure things were the way we wanted. I would book again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Ashley Menard · Married on 06/22/2019

Book this DJ right now!

We booked Mike as our DJ and it was the best decision we made during our wedding planning. Mike was fantastic prior to the wedding and met up with us to go over our entrances, song choices, and any special requests. We only chose a few songs and asked him to do his thing and read the room. Having everyone up dancing was really important to us, and Mike absolutely delivered! He had a plan to get everyone out on the dance floor during the first song (which worked), and the dance floor stayed packed all night. People had to dance on the carpet next to the dance floor because there wasn't enough room for everyone! He read the room perfectly and just knew what people wanted to dance to. Our guests are still talking about how good the music was and how it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to!

Also, Mike offers a photo booth which was a huge hit. He brought along an assistant to operate the booth, and they bring a lot of cool hats and props to use in the booth. The props were so fun even the older crowd was lined up for the booth! At the end of the night, Mike gave us a flash drive with all the photo booth photos on it. They are hilarious and it was really fun to go through them all afterwards.

We cant thank Mike enough for making our wedding as great as we envisioned. He was the best part of our wedding by far. If you're reading this, book this DJ RIGHT NOW!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Claire R · Married on 10/13/2018

Loved DJ Mike!

The music at our wedding was extremely important to us and Mike delivered. We used Mike for our ceremony and reception and he did a great job of playing a mix of our favorite songs to keep it fun and unique and reading the crowd to keep the party going and everyone dancing all night. He is extremely personable and organized and I know our venue also said he was great to work with. Thank you Mike for making our wedding day run so smoothly!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Bailey · Married on 09/08/2018

Mike was absolutely AMAZING! He sat with us to determine all the music we wanted for our wedding. He played the style we asked as well as certain requests. He is so personable and makes you feel like you have known him your entire life. He checked in with us constantly throughout the wedding letting us know where we stood with timing for the different stages of the reception. His photobooth was great, and we even received a thumb drive with all the photos that same night. He offered to return the additional uplighting for us, which was very generous. He absolutely made our wedding day special and stress free. It's difficult to put trust into someone you don't know, but I PROMISE you will NOT be disappointed with his service. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Krysti Degaetano · Married on 08/25/2018

Cooper is the best wedding DJ!

Met with Cooper and Mike to plan our wedding. They were friendly, fun, accomodating, kept us organized, clearly very experienced. Cooper was the DJ for our wedding and WOW- He is young but no rookie! Cooper did such an amazing job. He ran everything smoothly and kept the vendors and wedding party on track. So glad we picked MJs and that they were available for our day!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Angela · Married on 08/11/2018

Mike was amazing to work with, from initial planning until the end of the reception. We had many special requests and he made them all happen flawlessly! Everything ran perfectly under his direction and the sound and lighting were fantastic. It was truly a joy to see our loved ones on the dance floor all night. Our guests loved the photo booth. We highly recommend MJs and Mike.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Lindsay · Married on 06/15/2018

Mike was great to work with for our wedding at Owera. All of our guests loved Mike and said it was the best wedding ever. The photo booth was great. Awesome props. Mike is very entertaining and we can't thank him enough for doing such a wonderful job at our wedding. The lighting was wonderful. He is very accommodating of requests. He even had some Barry Manilow which my mother in law thrilled when she requested it. :)
    Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/10/2018

David · Married on 05/19/2018

Mike is awesome. He is very personable and cares about his customers. The advice and details he gives makes for a perfect party. Mike felt more like a guest then someone we hired to DJ and MC. He was able to talk to guests easily and guide them to where they needed to be, he was accommodating for requests and best of all he knew how to read a party and that's the most important thing as a DJ. All of our guests loved Mike and said it was the best wedding ever! Already recommended him multiple times as well people ask me every day who the DJ was for our wedding!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Erika · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I can't say enough about how amazing Mike was on our special day and all of the times leading
    Up to it. He went above and beyond to make sure all of our needs were met and truly wanted everything to be as perfect as possible for us. He even made me a mix for mine and my dads choreographed dance, which couldn't have been more perfect. We highly recommend Mike for any event!!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Sophia Benjamin · Married on 09/09/2017

Absolutely the BEST!

Can't recommend highly enough!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Julianne · Married on 06/17/2017

Mike was so easy and fun to work with throughout our whole planning process for our wedding! He was extremely friendly and outgoing and really kept the party going. We've heard so much wonderful feedback from our family and friends about your entertainment services! We cannot thank you enough for helping to making our special day perfect - from the outdoor ceremony to the reception and all of the planning in between. You've been extremely helpful throughout the entire process and made life in wedding planning so much easier, especially with all of your awesome suggestions along that way that made the party that much better! You were truly fantastic and we would recommend you to anyone in a heart beat!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Tiffany · Married on 06/10/2017

Mike is the best! He was such a big part of our wedding reception. He kept us all on track throughout the evening and made every thing happen so smoothly. Everyone loved the music and couldn't stop dancing! I highly recommend using him as your DJ!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Brandon · Married on 12/10/2016

If you are looking for an amazing DJ, photo booth, company to deal with for your wedding or any event at all I highly recommend Mike. He is a wonderful DJ that helped everything go according to plan at our wedding the Photo booth was one of the best I have ever been in at the best price by far. Mike made sure everything and anything we needed was done. I could not talk more highly of him at all. He is a great person, very outgoing, and would add to any party. The flexibility to be able to do anything and everything you ask was great. Very responsive and very professional.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Maggie · Married on 12/03/2016

Mike was so professional and fun! His attention to detail and knowledge of the reception flow really helped to make our wedding day a blast. Everything went exactly as planned. We received so many compliments from our guests and would recommended him to anyone!

Sent on 01/15/2017
  • BvilleBride

Alison · Married on 09/17/2016

Where do we begin to tell someone how amazing it was to work with Mike for our wedding? We first met with Mike in 2015 when we started planning our wedding on 9/17/16. At the first meeting we knew right away that Mike was the guy we were going to hire for the job, regardless of the price. Mike made us feel like we had nothing at all to worry about and his actions backed up his words. Mike's humor, knowledge and creativity that he puts into each and every wedding is not something that we found in any other DJ vendor that we met with.
    At the wedding Mike checked in with us periodically when we had some down time, to check in and see if we liked the flow of the music and if there was anything we needed to change. During one point of the night I was at the DJ booth and buying a song that my brother requested and needed to be played. Mike went with the flow the entire night, he was in pictures with our friends and families and kept the party going until we had to leave.
    At one point in our planning meeting with Mike, we almost wanted to hire him as our officiant as well because of the connection that we felt with him. Do not hesitate to hire Mike for your wedding or any other event. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Nora · Married on 09/10/2016

Mike with MJ's DJ Services was amazing! The awesome lights, the music, the fun vibe kept my party on the dance floor the whole night for my outdoor wedding! He was great to work with from the start...responsive, flexible, and asked questions about our music style and listened to what we wanted. He took the effort to ensure he knew our day of timeline, working alongside our day-of-coordinator and rolled with the punches when there was a small delay. And - he was affordable! I'd highly recommend.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Christine · Married on 08/20/2016

Mike is the best. He incorporated our ideas and let us do some quirky things, while giving us some great advice. He was timely, professional, and responsive to our emails. He was able to judge the crowd and play selections that people loved. Also, as it seemed people would rather be out on the grounds instead of dancing, he adjusted the music selection so people could talk and relax. It went really well.

Sent on 08/25/2016

He was great! Professional, organized, friendly, and a very good DJ. Thanks Mike!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Abby · Married on 08/06/2016

Mike was amazing! We met with him twice - once to book, and once about a month or two before the wedding to finalize everything. The reception went flawlessly thanks to Mike! He perfectly understood the atmosphere we were going for (an all out crazy dance party) and he collaborated on ideas of how to make it just what we wanted. We made our own photo booth, but he generously helped us out by bringing some of his own props, he did the uplighting, which looked awesome, and our families loved his energy. He's affordable, easy-going, fun to work with, and was a huge part of making our wedding the best day of our lives.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Heather · Married on 06/25/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Michael!!!!! He was wonderful!!! I had a play by play song list and he had no problem with me doing it that way!!! I even had last minute changes to make and he never made me feel like it was a bother! He was very accommodating and even helped me try and bustle my dress when I was flustered before our entrance!! I am so glad I found him!! I could not have found a better person to help us celebrate!Thank you so much for making my reception perfect!!!!!

Sent on 07/13/2016

ashley · Married on 06/24/2016

Mike is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the email I sent him after our wedding "Mike and I wanted to say THANK YOU for the incredible job at our wedding. Everything was so great, you helped direct the whole event, kept everyone entertained, and it was honestly the best night of my life. You are awesome at what you do and we appreciate EVERYTHING you did for us more than we can say. Nothing went unnoticed by us. We just wanted you to know!
    ps. The drinking game was hysterical and we are beyond happy you recommended it.
    pps. The garter placing switch up was hysterical as well and it all worked out, hahahaha love it.
    ppps. I loved that I could hear some of my favorite music during cocktail hour while we were up the hill taking pictures, it made everything even more special" He is a true professional but is a super fun and cool dude.

Sent on 07/09/2016

Jocelyn · Married on 06/04/2016

Mike was absolutely amazing to work with. He was so helpful in the planning process and the day of the wedding. My husband and I live in Buffalo but we got married at the Skyline Lodge in Fabius, NY. Mike was so willing to do all meetings via phone. He kept us so informed the day of the wedding and really made sure we were enjoying ourselves. I highly recommend him to everyone who needs a DJ for any event!!!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Mike was fantastic! Even though our guests were not primarily a dancing crowd, he still managed to keep the atmosphere upbeat and those that did dance the night away had a blast. He listened to everything my fiance and I wanted and helped keep the schedule on track. We had specified a few genres of music neither of us really like, and when one of our guests requested a song that fell in that category, he checked with us first to see how we felt before playing it. We also really wanted a DJ who played music without constantly also talking into the microphone (we'd both been to weddings where the DJ just didn't shut up!) - and he was completely amenable to that. I'd definitely recommend him to anyone getting married!

Sent on 01/07/2016