Mitch Kolby Events Reviews

Mitch Kolby Events 5
  • Sarah

Sarah Stewart · Married on 07/28/2019

Creative realists

We decided to work with Mitch (and his colleague Kate) because of their creativity and realistic point of view. I told them my vision of pink and white flowers with lots of greenery and branches but did give many specifics. I also said that the way I see it, flowers and lighting are an enhancement to the event and they will not make or break it. When we had our final meeting before the wedding, we had to cut down as we were over budget and even though it directly took money out of their pockets, Mitch thought of creative ways to make cuts so that we would be happy.
    I trusted them to do something creative that no one has ever seen before and they blew it out of the park. When I walked into the reception room before the wedding started, before they had even finished setting up, I got the chills. It was breathtaking and really filled the room with life. We were getting compliments left and right on the stunning decor.
    If you want beauty and creativity for your decor without having to worry about it yourself, they’re the team to do it.
    Thank you so much Mitch and Kate!!!

Mitch Kolby Events 6
    Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing details and flowers

Omg Mitch created my amazing floral arrangements and transformed my venue space!!! I can’t stop looking at the pictures and folks can’t stop boasting about the day, including the amazing job he did with my centerpieces. He took my vision and executed it beautifully; the venue even captured professional shots of the room set up afterwards to post to their website! So glad I booked Mitch and I’ve recommended him to engaged friends!

Mitch Kolby Events 13
    Mitch Kolby Events 14
    Mitch Kolby Events 15
    Mitch Kolby Events 16
    Sent on 04/14/2019

Alicia · Married on 09/22/2018

executive summary - Mitch Kolby Events was *the* vendor who gave us that "he's on it, we don't have to worry about it, let's move onto the next thing, this one is taken care of" feeling more than any other vendor. and he delivered well beyond our expectations.

details - We married at the W Hoboken in September 2018. Mitch and Kate worked tirelessly to realize our vision. their artistry is incredible. he and kate were amazing in their competency, reliability, creativity, their depth of knowledge, their speed and efficiency, responsiveness, sense of humor and levity.

we made extensive use of his instagram page to seed our ideas and then customized from there. it was really helpful.

the ceremony was spectacular and mitch found the most wonderful little lace bags that he filled with rose petals for people to throw. the white runner lined with rose petals, the large vases filled with orchids in water, the corsages, boutonnières, the absolutely breathtaking bouquets etc. etc.

But the reception, omigosh, what can you say?! the table was spectacular. everybody stopped and was afraid even to approach it because mitch and kate made such a breathtaking sculpture in fabric and vases and flowers it was truly more of an art object than a long reception table for a wedding. the votive wall is powerful and deep and evocative and the light coming off the hundreds of votive candles that kate individually places perched on her ladder create an atmosphere that must be seen to be believed.

we asked mitch and kate to transfer a large amount of the flowers from the ceremony and cocktail hour to the reception. we were laughing at how efficient and inconspicuous they were. they were so fast and so quiet and so hard to notice that they didn't really register but when they were done the spaces they created were incredible.

we can not recommend mitch kolby events strongly enough. they are amazing.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Ronnie · Married on 02/17/2018

Mitch listened to my vision and then made a better version of it come true. He was very easy to deal with and always maintained a calm demeanor and a can-do attitude. He was creative and original. Even the venue noted it had never looked so good!

Mitch Kolby Events 17
    Sent on 02/28/2018

Angela · Married on 12/02/2017

Mitch did a fantastic job creating the romantic, wintery wonderland we envisioned for our wedding. Put your trust in him and you'll be glad you did :)

Sent on 12/26/2017

Stefanie · Married on 12/01/2017

Mitch is so talented and easy to work with! I just gave him a rough idea of what we were looking for for our unconventional wedding and he nailed it! My absolute favorite element of our ceremony was a beautiful ombre flower wall backdrop. To cover the entire wall with roses was going to be over our budget, but Mitch worked with me to still create it and it was PERFECT! He is also extremely responsive and reliable. Highly recommended!!

Mitch Kolby Events 18
    Sent on 01/05/2018

Mitch did a great job bringing my wedding reception vision to life. When I walked into the reception space, it looked exactly how I hoped -- full of beautiful, lush arrangements, expertly placed lighting and hundreds of candles. It was elegant and unique. Finally, Mitch is easy going and reassuring, which helps during the stress of wedding planning.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Saba · Married on 04/21/2016

The best decision I made for the wedding!! He saved us. We had to change flowers the week of and he made them absolutely amazing and at an insanely good price. The most trust worthy vendor with a cool, calm, and collected attitude which is exactly what I needed!!!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Lori · Married on 06/14/2015

I learned about KC Creations through a friend. I used them for my Engagement Party, Bridal Shower and Wedding. And I will never use another florist/event planner again. Mitch and Kathy are bar none, the most AMAZING, TALENTED, ACCOMMODATING, CREATIVE and KIND people. Honestly, the best and only type of people you want to work with. You give them a budget, and they will work with you to make your dreams come true! We went in with some ideas on what we wanted, and they knocked it out of the park. The flowers were the most beautiful I have ever seen, the quality of work and attention to detail are unparalleled. I had people coming up to me all night telling me things like, "it looked like flowers on celebrity weddings", or "something you would see in a magazine." Flowers were dripping from everywhere, big beautiful flowers, it was lush and just visually stunning in every way. I would love to take credit for the arrangements that they executed but I must say I gave them a general idea of what i wanted, including colors and a whimsical enchanted garden theme and it surpassed anything I could have imagined. I cannot say enough great things about Mitch and Kathy. I feel like we began with a client - vendor relationship and ended up with life-long friends.

Sent on 07/11/2015

I cannot speak highly enough of Mitch and Kathi...they are truly creative and hard-working, and they produce incredible floral designs that fit your budget. They also have the nicest personalities you will find in the wedding industry; they're patient, open to ideas/feedback, and very client-focused. They're committed to helping you bring your ideas/dreams to reality. They even made changes at the last minute for me, and they always did everything with a smile. I highly recommend Mitch and Kathi...you'll be blown away by their beautiful creations!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Tiffany · Married on 08/24/2013

Mitch and his team did a phenomenal job. We chose cylindrical glass vases of varying heights filled with white orchids and water and with the lighting, it appeared as though they were floating. I only wish that I had more time to marvel at their beauty. I really appreciated Mitch's style and sense of humor and meeting with him put my mind at ease. We went in with a completely different idea but the one we left with (one we thought we couldn't afford), Mitch made possible. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/07/2013
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/18/2013

I cannot stress enough how fabulous it was to work with Mitch and Kathy. Both were able to work with me, and understand my vision clearly. When I wasn't happy with something, they were able to change it. I am very detail oriented, so all the little things were very important to me - Mitch and Kathy understood this and were so great answering all my questions and making extra sure everything was perfect. On the wedding day, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how gorgeous everything was. Beyond my expectations, and anything I could have dreamed of. I would highly highly recommend KC Creations to anyone looking for relaxed, creative and super duper talented florists.

Sent on 06/17/2013

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with KC Creations. I went to Mitch as a wedding and event designer planning her own wedding with a very clear idea of what I wanted and a budget probably lower than he would have liked with my ideas. Mitch not only turned out an amazing proposal, but what showed up on my wedding day was absolutely beautiful! He surpassed my expectations and people are still complimenting us on our amazing chuppah, showstopping bar pieces and my gorgeous bouquets for all the girls! I not only recommend them to anyone looking for a creative, honest, UNIQUE, and flexible florist, but I plan on working with them again with my own clients!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Kathi and Mitch at KC Creations were amazing. They did a more spectacular job than we could have imagined. Guests literally said they were blown away by the beauty of the floral arrangements, and people are still complimenting them when they talk to us about our wedding. They really listened to our requests for colors and made our ideas a gorgeous reality. I would definitely recommend KC Creations when you need a talented florist for your next event!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Jill · Married on 05/19/2012

KC Creations was recommended to me by a friend that was married earlier in the year. Upon seeing some of her photos, I was eager to learn who her florist was. I was a bit intimidated when I discovered who some of the celebrity clients were that KC Creations had worked with. However, I was assured that Mitch was wonderful and would work with any budget. After meeting with Mitch and sharing some ideas, he immediately developed a vision of design for our May 19th, 2012 wedding. Mitch created stunningly vibrant bouquets from images I showed him on my phone and was able to duplicate a romantic bouquet of exotic flowers for me. He was carefully considerate of our budget and desires. His creative design allowed us to have all that we wished within a reasonable means. The end result was more than I ever could've dreamed. We were blown away by the magnificent beauty that radiated from the ball room. I would recommend Mitch and KC Creations to anyone, whether you're looking for a modern/contemporary design, simple elegance, or traditional beauty.

Sent on 06/01/2012

Sheryl · Married on 04/22/2012

As the perfect 5 rating hopefully indicates, Mitch and Kathy were absolutey wonderful to work with! While having fun working with them, they also created the most beautiful flowers and overall elegant environment for our wedding. We could not be happier with the result. Their ability to design flower arrangements and room decor that matched our personalities with only minimal guidance from us was really amazing! Many of our guests requested to know who did our flowers because they wanted to use them too or recommend them to friends -- the ultimate compliment in my book. I would recommend Mitch and Kathy to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/17/2012
  • I

Laura · Married on 12/16/2011

Mitch and Kathy did an AMAZING job for our wedding. They listened carefully to what we wanted and then used their own creativity to execute it beautifully. One of our guests, whose family was in the floral business, said they our flowers were some of the nicest he's ever seen! One of the staff members at our venue commented that the flowers and decor were the nicest they've ever had!! I would recommend them to everyone in a heartbeat, you will not be disappointed. Next event I have, I am calling Mitch and Kathy!

Sent on 01/22/2012

Cheryl · Married on 10/23/2011

From the Candlelight Ceremony to the Cocktail Hour to Grand Ballroom every step of the way was absolutely the most amazing flower arrangements I have ever seen. The Fall color scheme and flowers chosen were breathtaking. My Guests were mesmerized by the Table Centepieces and were actually posting pictures of them on Facebook with remarks such as OBSESSED, GORGEOUS, BREATH TAKING. Mitch & Kathy are great to work with, patient and understanding. They definitely made my Wedding a day I will never forget.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Tara · Married on 10/01/2011

I dont know how I can ever thank Mitch for the AMAZING flowers and decor he did for my wedding. When they let us take a sneak peak into the ballroom my jaw hit the floor. They were the most beautiful center pieces I had ever seen. Our guests are still talking about them! He also created a completely unique card table with flowers, crystals and candles. It was the 1st thing our guests saw and it truly set the tone for a magical night. From our 1st meeting, Mitch made me feel at ease and I knew he "got" what I was looking for. He is one of the only vendors I used that I was not worried about at all and did not feel the need to check up on. His work is young and modern but still beautiful and timeless. I could not be happier we chose him. My wedding felt like MY wedding and like none Ive ever seen before. Thanks to Mitch and his one of a kind work!

Sent on 10/24/2011

nikki · Married on 09/30/2011

Mitch was an incredible person to deal with. He seemed very confident right off the bat that he understood what I wanted and boy did he. Literally when I saw my flowers I jumped up and down and screamed because they were awesome! I do not think anyone can compare to this man's work and personality. My flowers were above and beyond anything I could have imagined. He did the outdoor area beautifully and the gazebo could not have looked better. Out of all my wedding vendors..I am most pleased I chose KC!!!!!!
    nikki

Sent on 10/04/2011

Kerry · Married on 09/24/2011

KC Creations helped make our wedding a special day.

Throughout the process, they held our hands with a smile and were always ready with creative solutions. With little guidance, they expertly matched our wedding colors to a beautiful set of flowers. And on the day of, they worked seamlessly with our other vendors to decorate the space. Any questions were answered with little delay - they even pinned the Grooms corsage on him!

I would gladly recommend KC Creations for a loved one's wedding or special event.

Sent on 11/23/2011

Noelle · Married on 07/01/2011

KC Creations made my wedding amazing. The flowers were made to perfection. They helped me through the whole process and made it very easy for me. Never did I second guess the service they were providing to me. They were always there when I had questions or concerns. My husband and I could not believe the "WOW" we felt when we first viewed our room with the flowers. They were stunning and beautiful. I can't thank Kathy and Mitch enough for their hardwork and effort. Hands down the best flowers!!!

Sent on 07/13/2011
  • F

Mia · Married on 04/09/2011

No rating can quantify how KC Creations blew me away for my April wedding. I interviewed over TEN florists in the area, took floral design classes, and poured over floral-wedding magazines&websites for months, yet, nothing I could have imagined or envisioned could prepare me for the exquisite design, out-of-this world ambience at my reception. Every bloom was perfection. The candle treatment was incredible! KC is truly a magician and knows how to maximize your BUDGET to give that "WOW" factor. I stared more at my ceremony flowers than my GROOM! Thank you KC for making my wedding dreams come true! You have left an indelible footprint and I will forever cherish my wedding photos and memories because you executed the most PERFECT wedding design and decor. THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 04/12/2011

Mel · Married on 04/02/2011

I used KC for our twins shower and baptism recently and the centerpieces were by far the most beautiful I have ever seen. Everyone raved about the centerpieces. I have yet to meet a florist with more creativity than Mitch Kolby at KC. He is truly the best!

Sent on 04/12/2011

samantha · Married on 05/07/2010

They were wonderful. I had a lot of very different ideas and they helped me get focused and stay in my budget. They were on time with the floweres and had everything they promised. As for how things looked: Everything was BEAUTIFUL. People couldnt stop telling me how wonerfal everything looked. They flower sugestions were right on the money and it all looked as beautiful at the end of the night as it did at the begining. If you are looking for a florist still I say this is the place to go. I have given their name to everyone I here is getting married.

Sent on 04/15/2011