Mishelle Lamarand Photography Reviews

18 | Dexter, MI

18 Reviews for Mishelle Lamarand Photography

Teresa · Getting married on 08/31/2019

Book without hesitation!

Five minutes into our first phone conversation I knew we needed Mishelle to capture our wedding! She spent over an hour on the phone with me answering all of my questions and concerns. We had the pleasure of meeting Mishelle for our engagement shoot. Let me tell you, look no further! I am a hairstylist, I have been around many wedding photographers. Mishelle is a beautiful person inside and out. She radiates positive, calming energy on top of being a true professional and artist. She truly wants to capture you both in the moment. She will tell you she is inspired by light and love and I fully witnessed this yesterday! I haven’t seen more than a sneak peek during our shoot yesterday and i am in Love! I cannot wait for our wedding day! Your wedding photos are an investment book Mishelle without any hesitation! Mishelle is exactly the type of person you want to be surrounded by! Thank you so much Mishelle! We love you!!!!!!!

Sent on 04/06/2019

Angela · Married on 10/28/2017

Mishelle and her team did amazing job for both our engagement and wedding photos! Having a professional/great photographer was number one on our priority list and Mishelle definitely fit that description. The day of the wedding her second photographer was wonderful to work with and they were always around to grab if we wanted a specific photo with someone. Some past weddings we have gone to the photographers were not well dressed and were distracting because they were in the middle of the aisle or in viewers ways during the ceremony. They both came dressed well and blended in with our guests as well as not being distracting during the festivities. They were able to get amazing shots no matter their location.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Jenine · Married on 04/22/2017

Mishelle was absolutely fantastic at our wedding! She captured everything beautifully, and we will treasure our pictures forever! She makes everything feel so easy and natural. She is an amazing person and photographer. We highly recommend her! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/23/2017

We had a great experience with Mishelle! She was so professional throughout the entire process. From the moment we met with her, we knew she would be the perfect photographer to capture our wedding. I had a Persian ceremony and she captured alllll of the details. We have a large family too and she was able to take such nice family photos in a timely fashion. She was so easy to work with and the final product was beautiful. We had so many beautiful photos and they were amazing quality. We also ordered a large canvas wrap photo from Mishelle and it turned out perfect. It came so quickly in the mail too. I would definitely recommend Mishelle to future brides because you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 03/26/2015

Michele · event on 06/07/2013

Hired her for Senior portraits. She is extremely professional, warm, and engaging. My daughter felt relaxed immediately, and we had no prob. getting some awesome shots! I felt as if her pricing was fair and competitive, and the value in packaging was fantastic! Please consider her for any and all photography needs. I know when my girls are ready for their wedding days; Mishelle Lamarand will be the only photographer I would consider!

Sent on 03/21/2014

Kristen · Married on 05/27/2012

AMAZING! I love my pictures. I would recommend her to anyone! I had so many complements on my pictures and I am so happy that I will have these pictures for the rest of my life. She does not work out of a studio which I LOVED. Every picture was "us" she is amazing to work with. Having your picture taken and posing in crazy angles is uncomfortable to some. Mishelle makes you feel so comfortable and she let's you do what YOU want. I would definitely choose Mishelle Lamarand Photography!!!

Sent on 06/05/2012

Libby · Married on 04/16/2011

Mishelle is seriously the most talented and inspired photographer. Being an artist myself, I had a vision for the photography that I told her before hand and she made sure to capture those moments, such as, me walking down the stairs in my gown...things of that nature. I was getting married outside in April and of course, it rained on my wedding day, but it was on and off rain...but I couldn't get married outside because it was too wet. She made the photography amazing, even though the backdrop was less than perfect. We got to the first location and it began pouring SOO hard we had to run back to the car. It was a disappointment to say the least, but Mishelle had us go to the next location that was covered and she got the most AMAZING shots! As if I couldn't say anything nicer about her, that isn't even the best part. She knew how important the photography was to me and because the rain sort of spoiled all the ideas I had, she offered to have her niece (who is a make-up artist, hair stylist, photographer) and her second shooter come back after a day and re-create, yes I said that RE-CREATE my look from my wedding day, I got back in my dress, my hubby kept his suit for an extra day and we went back to all the locations and she did all the ideas I had, TWO DAYS LATER!!! Isn't that the sweetest thing ever!?!?! I was almost in tears knowing she would do that for me. We had so much fun too! No one could ever tell the difference between the actual day's photography and the one 2 days later. Now, being Michigan, it snowed the re-shoot day, but snow is better than rain and we went with it, even though it was freezing! Mishelle is very professional, super fun and nice, very easy going and has an amazing eye. I really cannot say enough amazing things about her! Book her! Book her right now! You won't be sorry!

Sent on 03/20/2014

Kendra · Married on 08/22/2009

Bliss did my wedding in Aug 2009. I was so happy with the pictures I still have not ordered any pictures cause they are all my favorite. My engagement session was my first expirence with Mishelle and she made it fun and very easy. She took our ideas and we worked together and came up with an amazing location and they turned out great! On the day of the wedding she helped keep people on tract and got the most amazing shots ever! I can not say enough good things about Bliss. I feel that no other photographer could out do Bliss. When you look back at your wedding you dont have anything left but the pictures to share. I cant wait to have kids and pull out my album. Everyone who has seen my pictures has asked for her card. My bridesmaid booked her for her wedding, Bliss is amazing and you will love your pictures!

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2009

5 stars all across the board! Mishelle did an absolutely amazing job from the very beginning til the very end. She was quick to respond to all of my questions during the planning process, she traveled to us and worked around our schedules for our Love Shoot, she caught every moment and every detail at our wedding, the guests loved her, her work is super high quality and very artistic. I love love love her! I am so glad we chose her and so happy with our pictures.

Erica · Married on 07/25/2009

Mishelle exceeded our expectations for a photographer. From the first time we met her, we just clicked, and both my husband and I felt she would be able to capture the details and moments of our wedding perfectly...we were right! Not only is her work beautiful and impressive, but her interpersonal skills and professionalism are fabulous, too; these are things that are so important in a wedding photographer. We were first interested in booking her because we liked her work, but she was also in our price range. In retrospect, we wouldn't have hired anyone else even if we could've chosen a more expensive photographer. Everyone at our wedding agreed that she was great, and we received so many compliments about the shots Mishelle took of our wedding. She is fabulous! Book her!

Sent on 06/26/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 05/16/2009

My husband and I both loved working with Mishelle on our wedding day. Her photography is just beautiful, but she was also awesome to work with. Through the whole planning process, she was so easy to get in touch with and she was very responsive. Neither my husband or I like being the center of attention, but she made us feel really comfortable when we did our engagement pictures and again on our wedding day. Everyone who has seen our pictures has raved about how amazing our photographer is. I would feel comfortable recommending her to anyone - from a stranger to my best friend.

Sent on 06/23/2009

Robin · Married on 10/03/2004

Bliss did my daughters wedding. Working with Bliss was wonderful. She took amazing shots and when I seen the proofs some of the moments she captured made me cry. My daughter looked amazing on her Big Day and all of the photos that Bliss took captured that moment in time that was so special to her and I. I have received many compliments on the pictures and how original they look. Thank you bliss! I would recommend Bliss to anyone I know looking for a photographer!

Kristin · Married on 04/10/2010

I LOVE good wedding photos and can look at them online for HOURS – total time sucker! I already knew I liked Mishelle’s work before we met because I was on her blog site all the time. When we met for lunch I knew I wanted to work with her – she’s one of those people I’d be friends with outside of business. Not only did I love her work but I trusted her. I felt she was more professional than other photographers I had met with and I felt she could handle anything that came her way including herding our families and wedding party together for fast pictures – we didn’t have much time for posed photography. All of my friends and family say our pictures look like they came out of a magazine. I CANNOT wait to see the rest!

Sent on 05/17/2010

Lindsay · Married on 02/06/2010

AMAZING!!!

She was so easy to work with. I am camera shy and she made it enjoyable to get my pictures taken. They pictures came out great and she was very reasonably priced. Would use her again for any photography we need in the future.

Sent on 05/28/2010

Dana · Married on 05/29/2016

Photography was our number one priority and splurge for our wedding and Mishelle totally delivered! We have amazing photos from our wedding day and a great album!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2009

3.0

Working with Mishelle was great, the photos we've seen so far are beautiful! Early on responsiveness was great, although a little slow now after our wedding. Other than that she's a brilliant photographer and I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/30/2009

Katie · Married on 09/21/2013

3.8
      3.0

Mishelle's photos are truly incredible. We had a great time having her as our photographer. She made sure to capture everything we asked of her on our wedding day. We will forever treasure the photos she provided.

Sent on 04/06/2014

Tim · Married on 09/16/2017

2.0
      0.5
      2.5
      1.0
      3.5
      3.0

Mishelle is a fine photographer, decent engagement pictures, terrible day of pictures. Our day consisted of a lot of wasted time, that we will unfortunately not get back, and none of the pictures made it off the cutting room floor. Not super thrilled about that. Direction of the day was also subpar, resulting in many pictures of confusion, or our wedding party not in the right position. Overall, I would not recommend Mishelle for your wedding day.

Sent on 06/02/2018

Mishelle Lamarand Photography's reply:

All of the above issues were addressed with Tim & Amy in person, with my clients in a timely manner. They were also corrected. Every wedding day is different, some more organized than others with circumstances beyond my control. It should also be noted that this wedding had a full time wedding planner hired and in place the entire day. I have over 12 years of experience as a wedding photographer, and have shot hundreds of weddings in that time. I'm primarily referral based, and this is the only one of two negative review I've had in 12 years. Tim & Amy have since kept in contact with me, as I've shot many other weddings & events in their family all with wonderful reviews.