Miranda Lawson Photography Reviews

Miranda Lawson Photography 5
  • Kayleigh

Kayleigh Zudel · Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely amazing

I live in Michigan but did a destination wedding in Fort Myers on October 19 and I was really nervous about choosing vendors without being able to meet with them. Miranda was amazing from day 1. We spoke on the phone and she asked all about what I was looking for and I told her that my photography was one of the most important things to me. She put me at ease immediately and made sure we were on the same page. She had me do picture lists of what I wanted and made sure we got all of the pictures on the list. The day of the wedding she showed up early and got right to work. She worked with us to make sure we had all the locations we wanted for our pictures and was so sweet and patient with us through everything. We already have our pictures back and they are incredible. She has amazing talent and I could not be happier that we chose her to capture one of the most important days of our lives.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn Kirchhofer · Married on 05/11/2019

The Best Experience

I can't say enough great things about Miranda Lawson Photography. I had the pleasure of doing both the engagement and wedding shoots with her, and on both occasions Miranda was so punctual, organized and calm. Miranda totally encouraged us be ourselves and she captured moments that were so unique to our relationship. On the day of the wedding Miranda hired an assistant, Nikki, to photograph the groom and myself separately. They both showed up on time and were so efficient about capturing the "getting ready" and group shots we wanted on our wedding day. It was so worth having two extremely talented photographers; I loved seeing one pose from two different angles! Above all that, Miranda and Nikki captured moments during our wedding ceremony and reception that were so uniquely "us" and I will treasure those pictures forever! They took more than a thousand photos, and had them edited just TWO DAYS after the wedding! My husband and I fell in love all over again looking through the entire collection! We are looking for another reason to hire Miranda!

Miranda Lawson Photography 6
    Miranda Lawson Photography 7
    Miranda Lawson Photography 8
    Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 04/18/2019

Miranda is amazing!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Miranda! She was there for me all year when I had questions. She was on time and had everything ready to go the day of the wedding. She took amazing photos AND got them back to us in one week! Everyone who looks at the pictures says they are straight out a magazine. We did beach shots, sunset shots, nighttime shots as well as pictures with our friends and family in all different locations of the hotel so then backgrounds all look different and pop! I would hire her again in a heartbeat (too bad she doesn’t love in CT)! You will not be disappointed and will love all of her work! Thanks again, Miranda, for the best day ever! It truly was special because we chose you!

Miranda Lawson Photography 9
    Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Meg

Meg Cohen · Married on 11/10/2018

Professional

Miranda was very professional from start to finish at my daughters wedding. She scoped out the perfect location for first look on the wedding day. She was great with kids and our dog. She moved the wedding party quickly and took many fabulous photos ready to view in 5 days. Miranda has photo artistic talent

Sent on 11/18/2018

Vida · Married on 02/03/2018

Look no further! Hire Miranda Lawson as your photographer!
    Once I saw Miranda's portfolio, I knew she was the one. She has a brilliant
    artistic eye for photography. Miranda is such a gem! She is so sweet, genuine,
    funny, patient, professional, efficient, knowledgeable, and amazing!!!
    I am camera shy and a bit awkward in front of the camera yet the photos did not reflect this. She captured each and every special moment. We will cherish these photos for a lifetime. Thank you Miranda for capturing our wedding day.
    We will definitely be using her services for future special occasions.
    We highly recommend Miranda!

Miranda Lawson Photography 14
    Miranda Lawson Photography 20
    Miranda Lawson Photography 21
    Sent on 02/10/2018

Katie · Married on 11/18/2017

From experience, we know that deciding on a photographer is a tough choice to make but you don't need to look any further! Miranda was absolutely wonderful to work with. From our first over the phone conversation to our wedding day, Miranda was knowledgeable, flexible, and so easy to work with. We were amazed at how quickly she got our pictures back to us after the wedding (preview pictures back in 5 days, all pictures back in 10 days!) and at how many there were. The quality of her pictures is stunning and we are so excited frame some of the shots to hang in our house and to give to family as Christmas gifts. Her second shooter, Joanna, was also wonderful and captured great pictures of the guys getting ready and candid shots throughout the night. We highly recommend Miranda if you are looking for a creative, flexible, and talented photographer!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Kelsey · Married on 11/04/2017

We can't say enough good things about Miranda and her work. We hired her for our November 4th wedding at South Seas on Captiva Island. From the beginning of our converstaions 1+ year before the wedding to the day before, she was extremely informative, laid back, and always followed up. Once finally meeting her, I knew she was going to be great. She had a way of putting everyone at ease when walking into the room. We had a BLAST with her and her assistant, Logan who was also great to work with! After receiving our pictures, less than 1 week after our wedding, we were speechless. I couldn't believe the amazing work she did and how great everyone looked! It was all very natural, in the moment pictures which are the best! I don't think there was a moment that her or Logan hadn't captured. I added a few pictures to prove everything that was said. I promise you will be more than happy with your pictures and experience by choosing Miranda Lawson!!

Miranda Lawson Photography 22
    Miranda Lawson Photography 30
    Miranda Lawson Photography 31
    Sent on 11/27/2017

Talya · Married on 05/05/2017

Even before contacting Miranda, we instantly connected with her creative style while viewing her portfolio online. After just speaking to her once, we knew that we wanted to hire her. There are not enough words to express how happy we are to have chosen Miranda to be the photographer for our wedding! She has the most incredible eye for shots and the talent to execute them. She uses many photography techniques, also in her editing, and the results are simply amazing. The wedding day truly flies by like everyone says and in the end you have your pictures to look back on and reflect. Miranda and Nikki, her assistant photographer, were able to capture all our special moments. They were both extremely professional and personable throughout the entire day. We truly enjoyed having them with us and are so grateful for their services.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Danielle · Married on 04/08/2017

Do not look any further for wedding photography than Miranda Lawson! When researching photographers for our wedding, I immediately connected with Miranda's photographs and style of photography. Her "artistic" spin on photos is absolutely breathtaking. My husband and I were getting married out of town in the Ft. Myers area and wanted someone with a lot of experience with local venues and Miranda was the perfect fit. From our first phone conversation, I knew we were on same page and she made the planning process to simple. The day of the wedding Miranda and her second photographer were on time, professional, funny, and so relaxed, which really helped during the early stages getting ready. Her attention to detail and ability to catch such spontaneous moments is truly an art form. After less then 2 weeks, we had 733 beautifully amazing photos of our entire wedding day and evening. Each photo is even more stunning than the next. Hiring Miranda for our wedding photos was the best decision we made (no offense to all of our other exceptional vendors). Now we have the difficult task of sorting through all these photos and deciding which ones to enlarge or use in our wedding album. Thank you again Miranda for capturing every detail of our special day!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Allie · Married on 12/03/2016

I have had the pleasure of working with Miranda on several different weddings. When the time came to start planning my own wedding, it was a no brainer!

I have only seen a couple "Sneak Peak" photos and and speechless! She so beautifully captured our day. I can't thank you enough!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Mindy · Married on 11/19/2016

Miranda did an amazing job on our wedding photography! She was somehow everywhere! She has an eye for amazing shots and we got so many good ones! If you're looking for those Pinterest worthy wedding photos she is definitely your girl. Also we got all 925 photos from our wedding back within 2 weeks! She was amazing to work with!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Heather · Married on 11/12/2016

Miranda is amazing! She was extremely friendly and flexible with our slightly unusual plan of having two photographers (Miranda and one of our long-time friends and guest). It was very easy to communicate with her via email and phone prior to the wedding, and she got our style and aesthetic right away. On the wedding day she was prompt, professional, and practically invisible as she shot INCREDIBLE photos of our ceremony and reception.
    I booked her because I was specifically looking for a photographer with a photo-journalistic style who would be able to capture those genuine and fleeting moments as they unfolded. She totally delivered. We now have shot after shot filled with real love, laughter, and smiles. Not only that, but her turnaround for the finished photos was lightning fast! It was a much appreciated bonus to be able to relish in the photos and share them with family while we were still on our post-wedding high.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Jenna · Married on 10/10/2016

Miranda's photos are simply flawless. We are so thrilled with how they turned out! Miranda was so sweet and accommodating. Look no further for your wedding photographer! One of the best parts is that she gets the pictures to you in record time. Thank you Miranda!!
    -Jenna & Anthony

Sent on 10/21/2016

Kaylisha · Married on 09/16/2016

I completely recommend booking Miranda. Her photography is so unique and different from all the other photographers. She helped me from the beginning to end and makes you feel at ease and comfortable when taking photos. I can't stop getting compliments on my photos from my wedding. They came out absolutely AMAZING!!!! She was always available whenever I may have had any questions and accommodated any special requests. If you are looking for a photographer who treats photography as an art form and not wanting to typical wedding photos I recommend going with Miranda. She captured every great moment as well as creating unique photos. I received all of my wedding photos right away! When a lot of other photographers you wouldn't receive your photos back for weeks. I received a sneak peak within days and the rest within the a week! Thank you so much Miranda!!!!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Ashlee · Married on 06/04/2016

Miranda and her assistant Jaime shot my wedding at the beginning of June and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone! Prior to our wedding, my husband and I had never had professional pictures taken (not even engagement pictures)! My husband had been in other weddings where the pictures felt too posed and fake, but this was not the case with Miranda! She shot our wedding day as it happened naturally and seamlessly, and the results were GORGEOUS! I had no idea how much I smiled all day until I saw Miranda's pictures. The pictures are creative, unique, and absolutely perfect. Thank you, Miranda and Jaime, for giving us a beautiful reminder of such a wonderful day!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Kathryn · Married on 04/22/2016

First of all, I could have composed this review before even seeing the final photographs. We happily hired Miranda for our April 22nd wedding in Naples. We are grateful to have found her. Miranda Lawson is not only an incredibly talented photographer, she is a brilliant artist and business person who is a pleasure to be around. She handled our wedding with professionalism, efficiency and grace. The minute she appeared in the bridal suite, I was instantly at ease. We loved her. Our families loved her. Our friends loved her. We only wish she lived in Kansas City so we could have her over for cocktails on the regular!

Last night, after Miranda notified us our photographs were ready for viewing, my husband and I cracked open a bottle of champagne, parked it on the couch and sobbed joyful tears as we poured over every photograph. They are works of art, and it's almost unbelievable to me that it is US in these photographs! Miranda and the second photographer, Nikki (also a joy to work with!) captured every emotion, every detail, and so many unforgettable moments with skill and artistry. Their photojournalistic style is everything we could have hoped for to capture our intimate wedding day.

Please stop looking for a photographer and hire Miranda Lawson immediately. You will be so happy you did.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Stephanie · Married on 03/05/2016

If you are looking for a photographer, look no further than Miranda Lawson. She is kind, patient, fun and incredibly talented and artistic. She made us feel comfortable and special from the moment we met her and fell in love with her photography. On our wedding day, Miranda paid such close attention to every little detail and captured every moment beautifully. It was nearly impossible to pick our favorite photos! Miranda's 'night portrait' from our reception is like nothing I have ever seen before! She has the ability to capture the emotion of the moment in every shot, while making them all unique and special. On a more somber note, we lost a family member to cancer a week after our wedding. Miranda captured our last memories together with my beloved uncle and for that, we will be forever grateful. There were so many pictures of him that are so meaningful to us and our family. We will cherish those pictures (and all of them) for the rest of our lives! Thank you Miranda!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Beautiful Pictures and Miranda is a sweetheart! Truly enjoyed the entire process!

Sent on 08/31/2015
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 05/23/2015

Stop looking! Your search for a wedding photographer ends here. There is a saying that “a picture is worth a thousand words” if that’s the case than a Miranda Lawson picture “is worth a million words” We are in awe at how beautiful our pictures came out. The one thing I wouldn’t settle on with our wedding budget was a photographer – when all is said and done the only thing you have left to take away from the day are the pictures that were captured. From the moment I got engaged I knew Miranda was someone I wanted to meet with, from seeing her work before. I still did my due diligence and met with another photographer and called around to a few others. Some were more expensive and some were less but NONE of their pictures compared to Miranda’s. She truly captures the emotions of the day. She’s extremely creative and thinks outside the box to give you unique one of a kind wedding photos. There were so many amazing photos to choose from but there was one – THE ONE - that everyone is still talking about. I have co-workers who weren’t even at the wedding who have said the picture is so gorgeous they would want to hang it at their house or that it should be in a magazine. I still remember taking that photo the night of the wedding and Miranda showing us what it looked like on the camera LED screen – it was just as breathtaking without any edits. Miranda was extremely easy to work with and was able to capture everything I asked for. Her second shooter for our wedding was Rebecca who was also a great photographer. Between the two of them they captured all aspects of our wedding day. As if it couldn’t get any better I was pleasantly surprised when we had our gallery of photos in less than a week of the wedding! So many of my friends have waited weeks or even months for their wedding photos – I only waited days, we weren’t even back from our honeymoon! She is worth every penny spent. We hope to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Susie · Married on 05/09/2015

Very gorgeous photos in the ocean setting! Miranda did a great job. Wish she could have made me look thinner, but that wasn't her issue!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Miranda was one of the best aspects of our big day. She was prompt with responses, very personable, and familiar with the stresses of this kind of event. She even came prepared with her own little emergency kit of safety pins and other wedding needs! This doesn't even begin to cover Miranda's amazing talent in photography! She understood my dread of cliche photos and overly posed "candids". To me, Miranda is far more than an event photographer. She is a true artist. The evening shoot at the end of the night was my favorite. This photoshoot produces pictures you don't feel vain about hanging on the walls in your home because they are so tasteful and elegant. Miranda is phenomenal! Look no further!

Sent on 05/17/2015
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 01/03/2015

Miranda and Mindy photographed our wedding on 1-3-15 and we couldn't be more impressed and pleased with their work!! I loved Miranda's pictures the minute I saw them months ago! Her use of lighting and creative angles really appealed to us and what we were looking for in a wedding photographer! We had a destination wedding and Miranda made it very easy to communicate from a distance. On the day of the wedding they were nothing but friendly, helpful and professional in getting all the pictures we wanted! Our family and friends were impressed as well. After they left, everyone was coming up to us commenting on what great photographers they were!
    We got our pictures so quickly too! I expected to get them after we returned from our honeymoon....but we got to enjoy looking at them while we were relaxing on our honeymoon instead!! I can't tell you how much we are in love with our pictures! They perfectly captured the day and they are just so beautiful....we can't even decide which ones to frame because we love so many of them!
    Finally, I have to comment on the artistic angle. My husband really likes when photographers do unusual things.... And that's what he loved about Miranda's pictures. When she asked us if we would mind doing something a little different, we were definitely on board! She did the most amazing reflection shot and we knew it would be cool....but when we saw it, we were blown away! We are planning to frame a large copy of it and displaying it in our home. It's more than a wedding picture to us, its a work of art!

Sent on 01/15/2015
  • SweetPeppers

Stephanie · Married on 11/22/2014

Miranda and team did an awesome job on our wedding photos. She is very professional and captured some great/creative photos. We had a a very colorful wedding and the quality of her photos really allowed the colors to shine through, as we had hoped! We loved her style and highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/14/2014

jessica · Married on 10/25/2014

Miranda did such an amazing job with my wedding photos. My fiance and I met Miranda and instantly fell in love with her. After looking through her albums and pricing, I knew we had to have her. She was so outgoing, professional, took amazing photos, but remained humble at the same time about the amazing talent she really possesses. I was nervous about having one photographer for the day of our wedding, but since my fiance and were trying to keep budget in mind, we decided to trust Miranda that she would capture all the important moments we wanted. Miranda provided those moments and then some! Her photos were exactly what I wanted and more. I cant even decide what photos I want to print for family because I want to print all 600! My family mentioned how great she was capturing special moments, taking pictures from random places, and ending up with the most genius, creative pictures. She is really easy to work with, provides your photos to you within days of your wedding, and is affordable. She made the whole wedding day a great experience and I cant say enough about how happy we were with our photos! I plan on using her again when the hubby and I start our family!

Sent on 11/07/2014
  • User4642055 · 2+ years ago

We are simply in LOVE with our wedding photographs! Miranda was a pleasure to work with and got us our images insanely quickly after the wedding. I cannot imagine the pictures coming out any better than they did, thanks Miranda!

We also had our engagement photos done with Miranda, which really helped my husband and I feel more comfortable in front of the camera the day of.

Sent on 12/29/2014