Mint Museum Uptown Reviews

19 | Charlotte, NC

19 Reviews for Mint Museum Uptown

Melissa · Married on 06/08/2019

Flexible and friendly!

The Mint Museum was the perfect venue for my wedding and reception! Tom at the Mint, but honestly everyone there, was a dream to work with and just so kind and thoughtful. The weekend of my wedding, the weather was looking pretty bleak and Tom was so flexible in creating other options to keep our guests dry and happy. Honestly, I felt at home at the Mint and it made my guests feel so comfortable too. The space is just so lovely and full of light with great views of the city, I can't imagine a better place to get married in Charlotte! Definitely would recommend!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Lauren · Married on 03/10/2018

In planning - Tom Martin, Events Director, was so accommodating with Mint space recommendations, decorating ideas, and budget considerations for the size of our wedding! Now the day is months away & we can rest a bit knowing Tom & his staff have my needs under control!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Kate · Married on 09/03/2017

This venue was perfect for our September wedding! The out of town guests loved the location and the view was spectacular. Tom and team were very accommodating and everything was perfect! They have an exclusive caterer partnership so you have to use Something Classic, but they were awesome and we were very happy with the food and beverage service.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Kelsey · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I booked The Mint as soon as we stepped inside. Do yourself a favor and go in for a tour. It is stunning. If you want a beautiful and elegant city wedding, book it!

We used the atrium for our ceremony, the main level porch (inside/outside) for our cocktail hour and went upstairs in the grand room for our reception. All three were incredible and exactly what we hoped. The pictures we got are absolutely breathtaking.

We had the pleasure of working with several of the staff members at The Mint throughout our planning process and we were so happy with all of them. On the day of our wedding, our main contact, Jes was incredible and stepped in left and right to help fix any issues that popped up. She went above and beyond her typical job duties to ensure we had the most perfect day. We are so happy we chose the Mint for our wedding.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Jenna · Married on 09/10/2016

The Mint was the PERFECT location for us to host our wedding reception! What I love most about the space is that it is a blank canvas and you can truly make it your own. Jes at the Mint was so HELPFUL throughout the whole process from floor planning, to vendor suggestions, to simply being someone to turn to for random advice - she was always there! The whole Mint team was amazing with the execution and made our day and celebration more special than I could have ever imagined. Jes and the Mint exceed ALL expectations!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Meghan · Married on 04/30/2016

We knew from the second we saw the grand ballroom at the Mint Museum Uptown that it was the perfect place for our wedding reception. It was worth every penny! Working with Chelsey and the event planning staff all along the way was an absolute pleasure! They were so wonderful in answering our questions and meeting with us and our wedding planner. Our reception turned out to be more than I imagined in this beautiful event space! It was so classic, elegant, and timeless! We have received so many compliments on how amazing the venue was, and we could not agree more! We highly recommend having your reception at The Mint Museum--but act quickly, because it fills up fast!!

Sent on 05/07/2016

Kate · Married on 07/03/2015

The Mint was only the second venue that my husband and I went to look at for our wedding reception and we booked it immediately. The space is gorgeous. We held our cocktail hour on the downstairs terrace and had the reception upstairs in the grand room. The grand room is beautiful and has a great outdoor terrace. Michelle at the Mint Museum in uptown Charlotte was wonderful to work with. She was very resposive and so helpful throughout the process. On the day of the wedding, both Michelle and Chelsey were there to ensure everything went perfectly-- which it did. Michelle was so great to work with that I actually used the Mint for a work event as well which also went great. My co-workers loved the space and the price was very reasonable for uptown Charlotte.

Michelle & Chelsey- thank you for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Carolyn · Married on 03/28/2015

I highly recommend having your wedding here! It was such a unique and beautiful venue...we got endless compliments from our guests on it! Michelle in particular is absolutely wonderful to work with. We were able to have two walk throughs and the rehearsal there as well. Fantastic venue! The open bar was a hit, no one ran out of anything! The bartender was friendly and the event coordinator (Michelle) was there all night and even coordinated with me the following week to allow me to pick up my backdrop and other things I had accidentally left there!

Sent on 04/18/2015

David at the Mint was a delight to work with. From day one, he was very helpful and full of ideas. We received a ton of compliments on the venue. I especially love the combination of outdoor and indoor space. It was elegant and classy, a beautiful spot to host any wedding!
    Thank you!!

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • User2720058 · 2+ years ago

David - the event coordinator at the Mint Uptown literally saved my wedding day. I came running to him after having to deal with some seriously messed up stuff from another uptown museum venue (not the Betchler) 2 weeks before my wedding. Moving my reception to the Mint was the best decision I've ever made. It's such a classy and beautiful venue not to mention David works tirelessly to make sure every bride has her special day, just the way she wants it. I can't be happier how everything turned out - the Mint allowed me to have the wedding of my dreams - even though it wasn't the wedding I had spent a year planning.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Maureen · Married on 06/16/2012

The Mint uptown was a fabulous venue. I used the Grand Terrace on the 5th floor. It is a clean, new venue with an amazing shot of the Charlotte skyline. The terrace is fabulous for a cocktail hour and as a different area for guests to hang out. They provided our alcohol for the event and had a great selection.

The room is a great size and is able to transform into whatever look you are going for. David was great on the day of, was there for us to talk to and helped with whatever we needed!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Sheree · Married on 07/23/2011

The best venue in town! Open space, modern, beautiful!!! The venue is the most important aspect of the wedding. If all else fails at least you venue was spectacular! Everyone that attended my wedding is still talking about the venue.

Sent on 09/08/2011

Andrea Trotta · Married on 06/04/2011

We had our cocktail hour and reception at the Mint Museum Uptown. It was a spectacular venue for a reception - the lighting in the evening, all the windows, the grandiose feel of the space - it's all breathtaking and we loved it. David and his staff are fabulous and professionals - they do this every week and weekend and we truly trusted their input on our big day - you won't be disappointed with anything at the Mint!!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Audrey · Married on 06/05/2010

David at the Mint Museum is awesome!

Sent on 06/11/2010

Cassandra · Married on 07/07/2012

The Mint Museum Uptown is absolutely breathtaking! Many of my guests said that was one of the best wedding venues they ever been to. The event manager, David, was a dream to work with. He was approachable, professional and engaging. He was able to give us great directions on layout and was very helpful from the time we signed the contract to walking us out after the reception was done. I couldn't have picked a better location for my wedding reception.

Sent on 09/08/2012

Ally · Married on 05/16/2015

This was an absolutely beautiful reception site. We had the entire top floor for the reception, including the outdoor patio. The all glass/window walls make for a gorgeous view of the city. Also, we utilized the entry area for a nice outdoor cocktail hour. The grand staircase in the entrance was great for pictures and a send off. The staff was easy to work with and made sure that I got everything that I wanted out of the day.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Kate · Married on 07/22/2017

I'm an architect and my husband is an urban planner - this modern urban venue in downtown Charlotte was such an awesome fit for us. We loved the variety of event spaces available in the museum. We had our cocktail hour in the downstairs terrace and entryway and the main dinner and reception was in the fifth floor Grand Room with an expansive outdoor terrace to enjoy skyline views. During our year-long wedding planning, there was some turnover with the Mint Uptown event staff, but overall the service was good and they definitely know what they're doing as a wedding venue. Since it's a museum venue, there are set parameters you're working within like an exclusive food and drink vendor and the latest your reception can go is 10pm. All in all, we loved having the Mint Uptown as our wedding venue. It's unique architecture in a walkable location and if you happen to be interested in a Catholic wedding there's St Peter church right across the street for the ceremony. It was ideal for us and we highly recommend it!

Sent on 09/01/2017
  • Lucy

Lucy · Married on 05/04/2013

When we got engaged I immediately asked my fiancé to go and look at The Mint Uptown more specifically the Atrium space , because as an art history major in school I always wanted to have my wedding reception in a museum or gallery!! Starting at the bottom of the stairs outside-we looked up and crossed our fingers and we fell in love! The atrium space was perfect- wooden floors for the band and great windows and light, and one of everyone's favorite thing,the escalators which we came down on to be introduced!! The space was really a blank canvas that all the vendors created the perfect setting for a group of 200 people, a full 5 member band and 4 huge food stations and two double bars . Everyone we worked with was helpful and they worked very well with our planners which is nice as well!!

Sent on 06/16/2013

Brandy · Married on 04/30/2011

The Mint Museum Uptown is a fantastic wedding venue and I would highly recommend it. We got married on the top floor and it also had a terrace where guests could enjoy a beautiful view of the city. There is no other venue in Uptown Charlotte that has this type of indoor/outdoor space. David was also wonderful to work with.

Sent on 06/16/2011