Milwaukee Public Museum Reviews

11 Reviews for Milwaukee Public Museum

• Alyssa

Alyssa R. · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing Wedding at MPM

Can't say enough good things about the Zilli Hospitality Group, who took charge of our event at the Milwaukee Public Museum. We knew exactly what our approximate cost would be going into the wedding because the prices they lay out were all inclusive (at least it was for us), which made budgeting well ahead of time a breeze.

The food (we got the buffet style of dining), as well as the bar were top notch and people had nothing but good things to say. Nicole, Noel and Todd did such an amazing job of making our wedding almost seamless.

Truly, the only things we had to worry about when we chose MPM as our venue was the other vendors (photographer, DJ, cake, officiant, etc.). They even when above and beyond at MPM to help our vendors; making sure the cake was where it needed to be, helping our photographer navigate, coordinating with the DJ, etc.

Thank you Zilli so much for making our special day go as well as it did. Also, can't recommend MPM enough for a venue! Was such a unique location and our guest had a blast between traditional wedding things (dining, dancing, etc.) but also getting the chance to explore a portion of the museum, checking out the video we made that played in the theater, and the guest favors being vouchers to the candy store (which people LOVED).

Thanks so much again, truly these guys are the best.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Sara · Married on 08/05/2017

I'm so glad we had our reception at the Milwaukee Public Museum! It made for a wonderful venue for our guests to enjoy and it will always be a special place for my husband and I. Zilli was wonderful to work with to plan our wedding at MPM. They helped coordinate everything from decor, to flowers, to food, to drinks. It was great to have one contact person to work with and everything exceeded our expectations on our wedding day!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Pamela · Married on 07/29/2017

Zilli's did a fabulous job catering my daughter's wedding at the Milwaukee Public Museum! We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Christine · Married on 08/06/2016

We absolutely loved working with Zilli. Jamie and Katy were organized, on top of things, accommodating, and a complete pleasure. The food was great, and having the event at the Milwaukee Public Museum was one of the best decisions we made. Zilli also acted as the point person for our dessert (Purple Door Ice Cream) and lighting, which made things really easy. Everyone raved about our venue and food, and it was a really kid-friendly reception. Plus the Museum has so much to look at it really cut down on the need for other decor.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Juan · Married on 10/25/2014

My wife and I recently got married (October 25th) at the Milwaukee Public Museum catered and ran by the Zilli Hospitality group. They are amazing. From day one they were helpful and attentive and answered all of our questions immediately.

The food was amazing, literally everyone loved it! The staff was amazingly nice and helpful and very very quick. Even though they were working, they still seemed to have a great time as well. Our coordinators at Zilli kept us in the loop with everything and always allowed us to be in control. If we needed to change small timeframes the assured us that we could do so. Everything went perfectly!

We could not say enough about how amazing the MPM is as a venue. Visually it is AMAZING and you need very little decorations to have a classy wedding/reception. We rented out the entire first floor so people got to walk around and look at exhibits also which a big draw for us in the first place. There were tons of creative places to have pictures also.

I wish I could say more, but these reviews are limited so I will leave you with this:

Everything: Staff, food, price, venue, quality coordinators and so on was amazing. We wouldnt have our wedding anywhere else. Zilli made sure that we had a perfect night and all of our guests had a perfect night along with us!!

thanks again guys =)

Juan & Laura Munoz

Sent on 11/25/2014

We knew that when we wanted to get married, it would be at the Milwaukee Public Museum. It's a unique and fun venue that really reflected what my husband and I are about. I could not say enough good things about how our day turned out. We worked with Todd and Jen, who really went above and beyond with everything with setting everything up, even coordinating with our photographer to see the venue prior to the wedding. Our day of contact, Patty and staff were amazing. We had a small snafu prior to the ceremony, and they went as far as clearing the floor of guests to allow me to get to where I needed to be! The staff also went out of their way to make sure everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food. Everyone raved about the food, especially the mashed potato martini bar! Thank you to everyone who really made our day go off without a hitch!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Janessa · Married on 01/09/2014

I got married at MPM January 9th. From day 1, the staff was perfect: they listened to every single thing we wanted, anticipated our needs, and provided the most excellent service. During our 1.5 year planning process, the MPM had a transition from one event specialist to another, and it went very smoothly for us. Jen M. was our event specialist for most of the process, and she was phenomenal. Not only did she Skype with us several times while we planned our wedding from thousands of miles away, she took care of things I hadn't even thought about yet. When our wedding day finally arrived, she was one of two vendors (the other being my makeup/hair artist) who was EXCELLENT. I could not have asked for a better person to handle my big day. She even thought to corral people away from me and bring me a drink as we prepared the first floor for our event. They allowed us to rehearse our wedding the day before, as well as enter the museum 2 hours early on my wedding day for photos, at no extra charged, and gave us a staff member to keep the public out of our pictures! My husband and I are scientists, so we wanted something that would allow us to express our interests and careers. We had our officiant dress as Bill Nye, and the museum even let us perform a chemistry experiment as part of a unity ceremony. The value for this venue is unmatched. You will have so much space, you won't know what to do with it! Entertainment is built-in. The food was great too. The museum let us carry in our own cake (free of charge), and the staff sliced it up behind the scenes and served it at the end to all our friends who were still there dancing the night away. We decided to only rent out one floor, which was a good choice because we only invited 100 people. It was perfect for a nerdy wedding and I recommend it to anyone. If you have your wedding at MPM, you will never hear the end of the compliments from your delighted guests!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Aubrey · Married on 09/14/2013

My husband and I selected the Milwaukee Public Museum for our ceremony/reception venue after months of searching for the perfect place. We wanted something different from the typical cookie-cutter reception where the guest's only choices for entertainment are dancing or remaining at their tables to socialize. MPM offered a truly unique experience that finally gave us that something extra special we wanted for our special day. You can rent out one, two or all three floors of the museum, they are capable of handling events of any size. We had a smaller wedding with about 75 attending guests and dinner in the Streets of Old Milwaukee with access to the entire first floor. It's been seven months since our wedding and we're still getting compliments!
    Quality of Service: The service was superb. From the moment we walked in the door, there was someone from the museum to assist the wedding party and point us and our guests in the right directions. If anyone had questions about bathrooms, elevators, etc. there was always someone nearby to assist. All we had to do was show up!
    Responsiveness: Our event coordinator Jennifer Metz was on top of every question/concern I could possibly come up with. I would get a response no later then the following day. She created a flawless connection between the venue and catering, which means only one person for you to keep up to date.
    Professionalism: All of the staff (MPM and Zilli Hospitality Group) was kind, courteous and attentive to us and our guests. Clothing, presentation and demeanor were all professional.
    Value: Renting a floor of the museum costs about the same as a boring hall, with far more personality and space. The caterer offers a wide variety of packages and the food is amazing.
    Flexibility: You must use their caterer and access to the museum is not allowed until after it closes to the public. This did not present any problems for us personally but may for other other people.

Sent on 04/20/2014

Carrie · Married on 11/14/2015

The Milwaukee Public Museum was the perfect backdrop for our wedding and it was a long standing dream of mine to get married there. Zilli made it possible and made sure all the fine details were met. The food was phenomenal and we received many compliments on it, especially the appetizers.

We were very impressed with the attentiveness of Jamie and Zilli staff throughout the planning process. Planning a large wedding is very tedious task and Jamie made the process very manageable. While we were very impressed with the night overall, we did have one small issue with the servicing of the open bar during our cocktail hour. For the number of attendees of our wedding, two servers were not enough to prevent the very long backflow of guests trying to get a drink. We rented the first floor of the museum in hopes that our guests would be able to grab a drink and walk around, however, most people stood in line for 30+ minutes trying to get a beverage. Two bartenders were fine during the actual reception; however, 3 were definitely needed during cocktail hour.

In closing, we had such a wonderful wedding and are very happy we went with Zilli, we just wanted this small issue to be known for future planning. Thanks for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/02/2008

We loved our wedding at the museum. They changed food vendors in the middle of our planning which was the only downfall. We believe the new vendor did an amazing job! This is a great place to have a unique reception.

Sent on 10/13/2008

Jana · Married on 06/02/2007

3.0

Very good value - an incredibly elegant and unique venue for a low price. Only downside is that no real candles are allowed. Food was delicious - good choices for sit-down or buffet.

Sent on 01/23/2008