Millay & Young Photography Reviews

Millay & Young Photography 6
Millay & Young Photography 7

Nick Holsapple · Married on 12/01/2018

Expert Wedding Photographer

Jonathan and his team are simply experts at what they do. My fiance and I worked with Jonathan throughout the year on what we wanted and Jonathan delivered.

Jonathan has an attention to detail that is simply unmatched. He will capture every moment, every detail, and you will never say to yourself " did we get that?" or "I hope no one missed that". We have moments that we were sure no one noticed but alas he was there!

Jonathan blends his eye for detail, with his kindness, mindfulness, and carefully ensures that your day runs smoothly without interruption. We cannot recommend him more highly - there is a reason he is so highly rated. Jonathan not only captures the moments - he documents it. This is the expert quality you would see from a well seasoned photojournalist. Jonathan truly loves what he does and wants to be there on your day to support you and your loved ones.

If you are considering other choices, dont, you will not be dissapointed. Jonathan also has so much experience with weddings that he was indispensable for other vendors day of. He is a true leader and cares for each client as if they were family. We were so honored to work with Jonathan and have him share our day with us.

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Millay & Young Photography 8

Millay & Young Photography's reply:

Thanks, Nick and Sam! I was thrilled to work with you both. Your family and friends were a joy to photograph.

Meredith Bond · Married on 10/27/2018

Dream come true experience! The photos are amazing and Elisabeth and Jonathan are great photographers and people!

I had the pleasure of meeting Elisabeth and Jonathan at a friend’s wedding five years ago and after interacting with them and seeing their work from my friend’s wedding, I knew I wanted to work with them when it was our turn! Elisabeth and Jonathan have photographed several of my friend’s wedding since the first wedding five years ago, which I think says a lot about them as people and the work that they do!

We have been completely blown away with our wedding photos! Elisabeth and Jonathan captured our wedding weekend so beautifully and perfectly! Every picture brings us back to a specific moment and feeling. We will cherish these photos and memories forever and couldn’t be happier with the turnout. During our wedding weekend, Elisabeth and Jonathan were professional, prepared, efficient and so easy to be around! We are so grateful for Elisabeth and Jonathan and are beyond thrilled by their work!

Millay & Young Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Meredith! We have truly enjoyed getting to know your great group of friends over the years. We loved photographing your big day in Texas and look forward to seeing you again soon!
  • Jamie

Jamie Bergen · Married on 09/15/2018

Perfect photos

Although we did not receive any wedding photos until 8 weeks post-wedding, it was absolutely worth the wait!

Jonathan is an exceptional photographer, who is very efficient, patient, and organized. Both my husband and I wanted to spend as little time taking formal portraits, and to spend more time with friends and family during cocktail hour, and with Jonathans help, we were able to do just that!

We decided to work with Jonathan after seeing his portfolio, and the way in which he captures emotion. We love that his photos are not staged, and rather capture people truly in the moment. Which is what we really want to remember.

Our photos are simple and natural and will be treasured for a lifetime.

Jonathan did a perfect job capturing what was the most special day in my life. I cannot thank him enough for his beautiful photos, and the ease in which it was to work with him. As every bride-to-be knows, the less stress the better. And with Jonathan there was NO stress!

One thing I was unaware of when we booked Jonathan, is that his wife Elisabeth not only can create wedding albums for you, but also is able to create Christmas/Holiday cards. Which was GREAT!

Thank you again Jonathan!

Millay & Young Photography 9
    Millay & Young Photography 10
    Millay & Young Photography 11
    Millay & Young Photography 12

Millay & Young Photography's reply:

Thanks, Jamie! I'm happy your photography experience was stress-free. Thanks again for having me be a part of making your wedding a success.

Lexie · Married on 08/11/2018

Thank you, Elisabeth!

Hiring Elisabeth and Jonathan for our wedding day was one of the best decisions we ever made! They were amazing to work with before the wedding in our correspondence, throughout our engagement shoot, and at and after the wedding in creating beautiful albums. They so beautifully captured all of the parts of our wedding day - we cried when we saw the pictures. Elisabeth and Jonathan have a way or capturing not only the traditional wedding photos, but also amazing emotional candids and captured the energy of our big day on the dance floor (some of our favorites)! The photos were beautiful and honest. Elisabeth and Jonathan are incredibly kind and worked so well together and with us. They blended in seamlessly with everything and gave direction when we needed it but also were so natural sometimes we forgot they were there! We have had a good friend book them after seeing our wedding pictures. We can’t wait to work with Elisabeth in the future too once we start a family and stay in touch! Thank you, Elisabeth for helping to capture the happiest day of our life. We will cherish these photos forever!

Millay & Young Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Lexie. It was great working with you, Matt and your families. I can’t wait to work with you again as your family grows!

Arathi · Married on 10/22/2017

Jonathan at Millay and Young was a pleasure to work with for our October 2017 wedding. The photographs turned out beautifully. His photos are vibrant and filled with joy and liveliness. We will treasure them forever.

Millay & Young Photography 13

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

Elisabeth was a dream to work with - both during our engagement session and wedding, she made us feel so comfortable and at ease - we had so much fun taking our photos! Her photography is beautiful, she brilliantly captures all of the small details - especially those incredibly special candid moments. We couldn't have been happier with how our photos turned out. She has also been so patient and thoughtful even months after our wedding helping with small edits, printing, etc. We couldn't recommend her more, we truly loved working with her!

Allison · Married on 09/09/2017

Besides the most stunning wedding photos that I will cherish forever, Elisabeth was a joy to work with! She was punctual, extremly flexible and accommodating, very professional made me feel comfortable and relaxed, was fun, and simply a nice person. My photos shocked everyone by how amazing they are — I’ve had SEVERAL people ask me for her contact info which I gladly gave out. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Millay & Young Photography 14
    Millay & Young Photography 15
    Millay & Young Photography 16
    Millay & Young Photography 17

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2017

Jonathan was a pleasure to work with from start to finish, but it was not until receiving the full photography set from our wedding that I realized how lucky we were to have gotten to work with him. He managed to capture all of the most memorable moments of our wedding, but also the moments that happened around us that we wouldn't otherwise have gotten to share in.

His candid images are shot in a photojournalistic style, so while the photos are flattering, they still have integrity, subtlety, and emotion. We will treasure these photographs forever.

Jessica · Married on 04/01/2017

Elisabeth and her husband provided the most incredible photography experience!! They felt like old friends, which made us all feel relaxed and it shines through in our wedding photos. I was blown away by the beauty of the photographs...when you look at them, you truly are transported back to that special day in our lives. Elisabeth Millay, you are unbelievable!!

SIN · Married on 11/06/2016

We received our wedding photos earlier than expected. Jonathan is not only a talented photographer, he is also a very efficient, patience, organised, a very detailed oriented person. It makes the planning and the progress so much more easier. We decided to work with Jonathan after we saw his portfolio. We love how he managed to capture great moments and his editing style. He kept everything simple and natural. We are extremely satisfied with his editing skill. He kept the original colour tone and natural light and only do some minor touch.

We did not interview or discuss much with Jonathan before we booked him. As we are living oversea, we never met him until the wedding day. We communicated through email and he is very prompt with reply.

During the wedding day, he earlier to capture the wedding venue and during group photos he was very detailed oriented and take note of a string of hair on the face , a fallen leaf on the floor etc. He make sure everything is perfect before he captures it. He said it will take a few weeks to get the photos ready and he completed them a week earlier. We were extremely happy. Our family and friends are very satisfied with the photos as well.

He is very calm and patience during the wedding. We have a few babies and toddlers at the wedding. During the group photo shoots, he managed to capture all of them looking at the camera. Every children and every photos! I was amazed.

For all bride-to-be, Jonathan really did a perfect job and is a great vendor to work with. He will lightened your burden during the planning and on that day itself. And will keep you worry free on the wedding day.

Thank you Jonathan.

Monica · Married on 10/01/2016

We can't say enough good things about what it was like to work with Millay & Young Photography for our engagement and wedding. They were worth every penny. Every. Single. Cent. Not only do they take beautiful photos that truly capture the moment, but they're the easiest vendor to work with. They respond to emails and questions timely. They show up for all scheduled meetings on time. They're professional and kind and it's comfortable to work with them, as if it's a friend taking your photos and not someone you barely know. Elisabeth and Jonathan are honestly just really great people and of all the vendors that we worked with for our wedding, they were our favorite. We can't thank them enough for the memories they captured for us!!

Christine · Married on 09/10/2016

Elisabeth Millay and Jonathan Young photographed our September 2016 wedding and we could not be happier with all of the incredible photos! They captured our entire day so perfectly... the natural fun and excitement of the day, the vibe, the setting, the dance moves, every detail, our personalities, and really made us so comfortable. They both have such a gift for capturing "moments", and their ability to not miss a moment is incredible. Not to mention they are both photographic ninjas... we literally didn't notice them at all during the ceremony, dances, toasts, etc. yet they somehow managed to produce absolutely beautiful photos not only of us, but of all of our family and friends. We cannot say enough great things about Jonathan and Elisabeth and will treasure all of these photographs for years to come!

Giselle · Married on 09/03/2016

Elisabeth Millay is a rockstar!! Her photos are absolutely breathtaking and her presentation is so elegant. She is also very easy to work with and extremely organized. She cares a lot about her couples and it shows. It doesn't feel like this is just a job for her. It truly feels like she's putting in 110% to capture memories that will last her couples a lifetime. I highly recommend her without hesitation. By the way, she has now joined her husband so look for her at Millay and Young Photography.

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 08/06/2016

Jonathan Young was referred to us by family. When we started planning our wedding booking Jonathan Young was our only non negotiable. Working with him for our engagement pictures just gave us even more confidence about using him. I highly recommend booking an engagement session, gave us a feel for his flow/style.

On the day of our wedding he was discreet and did not interfere with the day at all. Many times I forgot he was there until the flashes came. He had an assistant as well which I also highly recommend. He did not just take photos he captured moments that literally caused us to be emotional going through upon receiving the final prints. He returned photos to us on the exact date as promised.

We literally cannot say enough about Jonathan. He works tirelessly and is so talented. I am confident he could make any wedding look amazing and make you feel like you are there.

Katrina · Married on 08/06/2016

Elisabeth takes amazing photos and is super fun to hang out with, which is pretty key when you spend so much time with your photographer on your wedding day. Best of all, she doesn't over-edit her photos (because they're damn good in the first place). Everything looks really natural, just better. We were so happy with our photos -- she worked alone and yet managed to capture every important moment. I can't recommend her highly enough. She was just wonderful.

Julia · Married on 06/25/2016

Elisabeth and Jonathan were a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. From the "interview" process to the final photo of the night - they were the perfect team. My husband loved Jonathan's acute attention to detail, and I loved Elisabeth's artistic vision. How lucky for us they could shoot together! We will cherish our photos forever, and are SO glad we went with Elisabeth & Jonathan for our 2017 Newport, RI wedding.

Alisa · Married on 05/29/2016

I researched for a while to find the perfect photographer for our engagement session. I came across Elisabeth's portfolio and new IMMEDIATELY she had to take our photos! Our engagement photos turned out TOP NOTCH. Top quality and classic which was exactly the look I wanted. She made my husband and I very comfortable and she was the most professional vendor I worked with during the wedding process. We LOVED our engagement photos so much that we booked her for our wedding day! I was never nervous or worried about the photos on that day because I knew that she was the REAL DEAL and top top quality! Our wedding day photos turned out absolutely perfect. She captured every detail and more. She was beyond organized, detail oriented, and incredibly kind. I can't express enough how good of an experience we had with Elisabeth. I can't wait to have kids so we can book her again for family photos!

John · Married on 05/21/2016

Elisabeth photographed our wedding this past May after also shooting my sister's wedding in 2013. She is an extraordinarily talented photographer - I say this without hyperbole. She has an ability to capture the best candid moments in a way I have yet to see duplicated. My husband and I still get the biggest smiles on our faces when we flip through the photos and see all the special moments she caught, and when we share photos with relatives who were unable to make it, they universally comment on how the style of the photos truly makes them feel like they were present at the wedding. We are so grateful to have used her!

Katie · Married on 05/14/2016

Photos are all you take away from that one momentous day in your lives (and being together forever of course ??). That's a lot of pressure and a very important job and a lot of trust to put in someone. I'm so glad I chose Elisabeth. She and her husband partnered up at our wedding and they worked perfectly together. Elisabeth was flexible and moved the pictures along so we could get to the dancing. She was patient with all the flower girls and ring bearer carrying lollipops to invoke those hard to get smiles!! The quality and attention to detail as well as sticking to the list of photos but not afraid to venture ideas and suggestions. The quality and timing of the shots we've seen so far are priceless. All in all we could not have been happier! Thank you!!!

Kaego · Married on 04/09/2016

Millay & Young went beyond exceeding our expectations! They are absolutely passionate about their work, and it came through in every stunning photo. Looking at our final prints, they did such an INCREDIBLE job at capturing intimate as well as candid moments.

After researching multiple photographers’ portfolios & having conversations with all, we knew Millay & Young was the right choice. They have a special knack for showing off brilliant colors & contrast, while still delivering clear photos. We knew our wedding would be a challenge, but they pulled it off seamlessly (as reference: [1] my husband and I are very different skin tones, [2] it rained sporadically on our wedding day, and [3] we used outdoor/indoor + day/night settings). Even with all of these elements, we couldn’t be more pleased with our photos.

Over the 2-day wedding, they were also able to wrangle our large families for group photos we requested, while remaining very professional & keeping everyone calm. And after the wedding, they were experts in the editing process. We were so impressed.

We give Millay & Young our strongest recommendation!!

Abby · Married on 02/13/2016

Words can't even begin to express what a joy and honor it was to have Elisabeth & Jonathan (Millay & Young Photography, LLC) as our wedding photographers! They are truly amazing and so incredibly talented! They are a pleasure to be around and a pleasure to work with; they have a way of making the wedding picture experience fun and stress free for everyone involved. They are extremely professional and their work is truly exceptional! We were blown away by the quality of their work, service, responsiveness, professionalism and flexibility. We are able to relive our entire wedding weekend every time we look at our wedding photos because of the amazing job they did capturing every moment of our entire wedding weekend! We feel extremely lucky to have had Millay & Young Photography as our wedding photographers and highly recommend Millay & Young Photography LLC to anyone looking for a photographer for any occasion!

Sloane · Married on 11/14/2015

Elisabeth was an absolute DREAM to work with from the very beginning! I knew I wanted to work with her based off her portfolio; however, she was out of my price range. She was so accommodating and worked within my budget. She devised a schedule so that I felt comfortable with the coverage that also fit within our budget. My husband and I loved working with her for our engagement photos. She didn't overly pose us, and the photos came out extraordinary. I could not have been more pleased with the photos from our wedding. We have received so many compliments on them, and she captured the moments and our personality perfectly. I could not recommend Elisabeth more, and I will certainly use her for any other photos that we have taken! All my friends want to use her as well! She is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

Elisabeth is amazing! She is wonderful to work with and her work is proof as to why she is booked solid. I highly recommend using her and her team to capture your wedding.

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2015

I would recommend Elisabeth without hesitation.

We worked with Elisabeth for our engagement session in New York (where we live) and wedding in Napa. Working with Elisabeth is effortless. She makes you instantly comfortable and photographs such true emotion. Within seconds you feel like a friend is photographing you and you're completely at ease. Not to mention the end product is better than you could ever imagine.

We chose Elisabeth (amongst a host of reasons) because of her candid style. We wanted to document our big day the way it really happened. Not just have the perfectly posed shots. Her ability to capture a personality, emotion, moment, etc. is beyond words. The emotion that comes through in a single pictures is breathtaking.

She's also extremely dedicated, organized, accommodating, lovely to work with.. I could go on and on.
    I'm by no means the most wedding-esque bride out there, and I'd love nothing more than to look at our pictures every morning. There is pure emotion in every shot - she is so talented. And given how quickly the day flies by, having those sincere moments captured the way she does are just invaluable.

My only piece of advice - she'll ask you for a list of any posed shots you want. Take her up on this more than you think you even should. Her preference is the un-posed. So if you want multiple family posed shots, specify that. Otherwise, you'll get one (it will be beautiful!) but likely only the one.