Milestones DJ Reviews

71 | Auburn, CA

71 Reviews for Milestones DJ

1 User photo

Rachel · Married on 07/20/2013

Milestone DJ is amazing!!!!! Rick and his wife are so sweet and caring. They make ur dance so special !!!!! I would recommend them to anyone one for any event!!! They work with u to make your wish a reality!!! Very professional yet personal .. By the time ur event is over it's like they are friend that u would want to see again :) They had ALL the music I wanted ;)

Sent on 11/09/2013

Maren · Married on 07/13/2013

Rick Tracewell did an absolutely outstanding job. He was extremely helpful from the beginning, had the best attitude, and always answered his phone/emails when I had questions. He understands the high stress levels involved with weddings, so he made sure to take care of everything on his end in a timely fashion to make it less stressful on the planners.

A month prior to the wedding, Mr. Tracewell drove to the location of the event and was able to offer advice to make the wedding experience better for everybody. The suggestions he made ended up saving us a lot of time. As far as services go, they were outstanding. We were provided with a sound system for both the ceremony and the reception. The music for the ceremony was beautiful, and the officiant was hooked up with a mini microphone and the volume was perfect.

We fell 45 minutes behind schedule, but Rick was able to keep up every step of the way. The reception was awesome. He definitely catered to all of the various ages of people in the party. And the volume was awesome; loud on the dance floor, but quiet enough for the people at the tables to carry out a conversation without having to yell. Overall, Mr. Tracewell did an outstanding job. If we were to have another party, We would definitely hire Milestones DJ again.

Sent on 07/14/2013

All our requests were met and Rick kept the reception flowing flawlessly. I would definitely hire him again for an entertainment event.

Sent on 11/16/2013

Rick DJ'd my daughters wedding and ran everything flawlessly. I would definitely hire him again for my next celebration event.

Sent on 11/21/2013

Kimberly · Married on 10/09/2012

Rick was wonderful to work with and very accommodating. Couldn't be happier with his service! Thank you for making our big day so special and flawless.

Sent on 01/02/2017
  • Jentry

Jentry · Married on 08/28/2011

Milestones DJ was extremely professional and did an EXCELLENT job on my wedding day - Rick is the MAN! Everything went smoothly and Rick even saved the day when my 6-year-old step son was quite upset that he had to go home late that evening and Rick played Mr. Roboto for him, which immediately cheered him up and led to 5 plus minutes of "the robot" dance, and my step son then left with a family member very peacefully. Without my husband and I hand-selecting songs for our wedding (we had no time to do so), Rick created a playlist from a handful of requests (must play songs) that totally fit our musical tastes. He did an amazing job and I highly recommend him to everyone getting married...he is the BEST DJ - and I say that as a Wedding Photographer myself. The absolute best!!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Ken · Married on 12/03/2016

We hired Rick Tracewell of Milestones DJ to provide his services for my daughter's wedding at the Nevada City Miner's Foundry. Besides this wedding being beautiful and fun for all, the music, personality, and complete command of the wedding process demonstrated by Rick really made the wedding ceremony and reception top notch in all aspects. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for the best DJ around.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Heather · Married on 10/07/2016

Rick was amazing! We used him for our wedding and boy did he make our night special. He Kept everyone dancing and was always checking in with us. Would use him 100x again!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Nancy · Married on 08/16/2016

I loved the fact that I nor my husband had to make sure things weren't lagging or dragging. Rick was great at keeping things going! It helped me to enjoy the evening and our guests more. I found Rick through a friend and I would reccommend him to others as well

Sent on 08/31/2016

Rick was on time, prepared and friendly. Played a variety of songs for my guests and had everyone dancing until the very end.

Sent on 07/03/2015

DJ WAS AWESOME. He did a great job keeping us on schedule.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Great Job keeping the party going!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Anna Parker · Married on 11/23/2019

Professional, punctual, high attention to detail, upbeat positive attitude, very intuitive in knowing what the crowd wants.

Rick was a fantastic DJ and I would highly recommend him to friends, family, and anyone looking for a great DJ for their wedding or event! Professional, organized, punctual, high attention to detail, upbeat positive attitude, very intuitive in knowing what the crowd wanted to hear.
    He was very perceptive in anticipating what kind of music we liked - we were so busy in the weeks before the wedding, we barely told him what kind of music we wanted him to play. He took that and rolled with it and did a PHENOMENAL job. I danced with my husband and all of our friends for at least half the night. He played a good variety that appealed to both the older and the younger members of the crowd. Everyone had a great time.
    The transition from the live violin/piano duo playing to Milestones DJ taking over was seamless and I did not notice it.
    He was very responsive the week before the wedding and was completely flexible with last-minute changes. His introductory email lets you know that if you don't hear from him until the week before the wedding, then all is well. And this was true. We were dealing with the possibility of having a planned PG&E power outage during our wedding, and he was awesome. Positive attitude and quick to adapt and come up with multiple solutions to the problems that might have arisen.
    I saw him for about a second during the entire reception and greeted him. He was all smiles and good attitude. Would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Milestones DJ's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Anna! We had a great time at your wedding. It's always a great reception when the friends and family of the bride and groom are having fun and yours certainly were having fun. Thanks so much for having us at your wedding.

Best wishes for the two of you!

Milestones DJ

Awesome job! The music was never boring

Sent on 07/27/2014

Skylar · Married on 08/02/2014

Rick was the DJ for our ceremony and reception for our wedding. He was great! He paid attention to our concerns, helped us keep the event running on time, and made sure to get everyone in the bridal parties name correct. He was a great asset for our day and we would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/25/2014
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 05/19/2018

Rick was wonderful at our May wedding in Grass Valley! He kept our dance floor full for the duration of our reception.
    Rick was professional and courteous. He was willing to meet with us in person prior to the wedding just so that we could make a connection and talk about the details of our day. He made us feel at ease with the depth of his knowledge and experience. On the day of the sound was clear and on point throughout even with fountain noise. He was willing to work with our videographer's mic needs and everything went smoothly. As the bride, if there was an issue or troubleshooting involved, I was never aware of it. Rick contributed to a smooth, stress-free, fun wedding. We definitely recommend Rick as a DJ.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2017

3.0

Rick was a pleasure to work with. He allowed us and our families to relax on the wedding day as he took the reigns to see that everything went smoothly. For a period every single guest was on the dance floor and not only did everyone decide to hang around, we ended up paying him to stay longer because people didn't want to leave. It was a lot of fun.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Cindy · Married on 07/24/2016

3.0

We were very pleased with Rick. It was just difficult getting a hold of someone for questions in the planning stage but a couple of weeks before the wedding it all came together great.

Sent on 08/20/2016

John · Married on 11/08/2015

3.5

We were recently married, and hired Rick to MC/DJ our wedding. He did a great job at the event, and really got the crowd going. We actually didn't expect much dancing, but he made it happen! Received a lot of compliments from both our guests and even from the caterer staff.
    What I really liked about him is that he was there for us and helped keep the event on track. He adapted to opportunities that popped up, and made the event seamless. Very professional and fun!
    John and Mandy
    November 8th, 2015
    Miners Foundry
    Nevada City, CA

Sent on 11/19/2015

Heather · Married on 07/16/2016

This DJ service was amazing! They had people on the dance floor all night long, our guests had a great time. Milestones provides more than just a DJ service but also a wedding day coordinating service. Our DJ really helped to facilitate a smooth wedding day timeline and helped to control the flow of the evening.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Rebecca · Married on 07/30/2016

Milestones DJ was very professional, pleasant to deal with, courteous, prompt and reliable. The music during the ceremony was played as we had planned. Reception music started out to be a bit too much "rap" for the crowd wanting to dance, but this was changed up promptly. We were happy with the DJ's service.

Sent on 08/19/2016