Milestones DJ Reviews

63 Reviews for Milestones DJ

63 Milestones DJ Reviews

Tessa Kristen Johnson · Married on 10/20/2018

Great Wedding DJ!!

Rick did a great job facilitating music and mics for our wedding ceremony and then later played great tunes for dancing through the night. He was timely, very nice and great to communicate with. Would highly recommend!

Shae Wall · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Job!

Milestones DJ was professional and was easy to communicate with in planning. As the bride, I was nervous about the ceremony because I only told him what songs I wanted played, but everything transitioned smoothly! He did a great job and everyone enjoyed dancing! Thank you!

Alison · Married on 07/21/2018

We so appreciated your flexibility, time, and effort. You were wonderful and we would highly recommend you to anyone!

Update: we have had many guests asking who our DJ was because they loved the party so much!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Milestones DJ's reply:

It was our pleasure! Thanks so much for choosing Milestones DJ for your big day.

Rachel · Married on 07/21/2018

Rick kept everyone dancing all evening, was flexible and changed things up to keep the party going. We are so happy with how everything went!!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Milestones DJ's reply:

Thanks, Rachel! Your wedding was a lot of fun and your friends and family were clearly there to support you two and make sure you had a great day. Thanks for having us there. All our best to you and Garreth!

Julie · Married on 05/20/2018

Rick was the best! He accommodated my short timeframe and coordinated a beautiful day for our family and friends to celebrate my daughters life and memory!
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Milestones DJ's reply:

The pleasure was all ours. Thank you so much for having us be a part of such a special and personal event.

Curtis · Married on 10/14/2017

My daughter’s wedding had to be moved out of the Napa Valley due to fires. She had been making plans for a full year. We had 3 days to pull together a new wedding site 100 miles away. Finding a quality DJ at the last minute was quite a challenge. We stumbled upon MilestonesDJ on the web. We had immediate response to our cry of help! Rick got us organized and David put together the perfect music (after a short interview with the bride’s friend). He was the perfect DJ helping to keep the evening moving. His professional style helped make everyone feel at home and comfortable. Use these folks!! They really do things right!

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Milestones DJ 1

Milestones DJ's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Curt. It was our pleasure and we are very glad that we were able to help you all pull together a wedding in three days - an amazing feat! All the best, Rick (Owner)

David · Married on 08/27/2017

He took away a lot of stress. Very professional. Just fill out his form and he takes care of the rest! Highly recommend.

Nancy · Married on 08/27/2017

Rick is the best DJ.. he keeps the day moving so smoothly. He is very professional and easy to work with.. his selection of music was great and kept the guests moving. Thank you Rick.. I will defiantly use him again!

Lacy · Married on 08/26/2017

He did a good job playing a variety of music. He was very professional, and did great at keeping the events of the evening flowing at a good pace.

Gail · Married on 05/20/2017

So glad I hired a DJ that is a wedding pro! Rick was so helpful with every aspect of my daughters wedding. He kept our planned day going smoothly with the announcements and even gave us suggestions when we were lost. His ability and professionalism made the day a great success! I highly recommended him. Gail

Camille · Married on 12/03/2016

Milestones DJ was incredibly helpful, professional, and on task. We had a beautiful wedding which ran smoothly thanks to their help!

Laura · Married on 12/03/2016

I am so grateful that we booked Milestones DJ for our daughter's wedding, which was a formal event with 150 guests. Rick's website made it easy to plan the timeline for the day and evening, from background music when the guests were arriving all the way to the closing song at 11 pm. Going into the big day, we had the peace of mind that he would keep us on schedule. Rick has Hollywood rock star quality and surely could be making more money in SoCal, but he likes living in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. With his expertise, the timing of details such as processional, recessional, speeches, first dance, etc. went smoothly. He also knows how to turn down the lights at the right moment and get the party started. My daughter and her fiancee chose some of their favorite dance songs ahead of time but trusted Rick to make most of the selections. He was very intuitive regarding matching music to the audience and included dance tunes for the older crowd as well as the bridal party and their friends. Rick has the right combination of professional focus and personal charm to make any event magical and memorable.

April · Married on 08/16/2016

Rick did an awesome job. He kept the reception flowing smoothly and I liked all the music he played. :)

Danell · Married on 07/09/2016

Rick was a great DJ. He was very professional and experienced. He helped the wedding timeline run smoothly and knew how to get the dancing going. I would highly recommend his services.

Kaylee · Married on 06/11/2016

Rick was available all through planning with any questions had. He was always super nice and professional. Brad was an awesome DJ & MC for us, he went with all the flow of everything we did, with no issues, and was amazing & professional the entire time. He even brought us water right after our ceremony while we were taking pictures!

Dessie · Married on 06/04/2016

Rick was amazing, definitely the best dj I've ever heard at a wedding. He was funny, timely, and had the dance floor pumped. I am very pleased with my experience with him and highly recommend him.

• Teresa and David

Teresa · Married on 04/30/2016

Milestones DJ did a wonderful job entertaining my guests.

Michele · Married on 04/30/2016

I am so glad that I chose Rick to DJ my son's wedding a few weeks ago. With so many details that go into planning the Big Day, we never for a moment had to worry about the music! From the very first meeting, Rick was so helpful, professionally guiding us all the way. Rick is a DJ Extraordinaire, with a vast musical library, great sound equipment, and experience to match! At the reception, he had an uncanny ability to "read the room," playing just the right mix of music to keep the dance floor grooving all night long. And Rick was about so much more than just the music.... He so impeccably timed all of the announcements ( the toasts, special dances, throwing of the bouquet, cake-cutting, etc.), that the whole reception just flowed seamlessly. And all of the above, he accomplished with a sense of warmth, charm and humor. Needless to say, I would hire Rick to DJ my next event in a heartbeat!

Corina · Married on 08/22/2015

Rick is an amazing DJ. He made our event run smoothly. He has a great personality and knows how to engage the guests in the wedding.

I would highly recommend having a DJ, and second, book him if he's available. You will be really happy with how organized he has and the fun he brings to your event.

Stephanie · Married on 07/18/2015

Milestones DJ went above and behind our expectations. Rick was very professional, responsive and a pleasure to work with. We were able to contact him day or night with anything we needed. He helped make our special day seamless and so enjoyable. He kept things on schedule and played all the right songs (that were a majority of his choice) to keep us dancing the night away. He did have the songs available that we requested with no problem at all including an instrumental version. Prior to getting married we hadn't put much thought into how important having this service would be. I'm sure I speak for many couples when I say we highly recommend Milestones DJ for any event. Thanks for helping to make our special day magical. All of our guests loved the music you selected!

Nick · Married on 06/20/2015

After hiring Rick to DJ our wedding, we were really impressed. Rick knows how a wedding should flow in general, and adapts easily to what you tell him you want. On the day of the wedding, he handled communication with the other vendors in order to make sure things were running on time, and adapt the schedule when we weren't on time (we had some adaptations around food, and it was mostly invisible since Rick kept things flowing). Rick was super responsive before the event, and friendly and helpful. When he asked us about some important preferences (such as which songs to play during which parts of the ceremony) and we weren't totally sure, he asked us a few questions then provided multiple rounds of suggestions until we found something we liked. The last thing I want to mention is that while I wouldn't say Rick was cheap, he was affordable, and the other DJs we talked with who were of his caliber were far more expensive. He was worth the reasonable money we spent and I'd recommend him to others and contact him first if I should need a DJ for a future event.

Robb · Married on 06/06/2015

Rick was awesome! The music was on point, I loved every song! Definitely would hire Milestone for my next event!

Jillian · Married on 05/24/2015

Loved working with Rick! He was super professional and really fun to work with. You start the process when he sends you a link to his system. You create an account and from there you can customize every aspect of your wedding. I liked that you could do a "Must Play List" and a "Do Not Playlist." You can also make payments online which was super helpful since most vendors only take cash or check. Our wedding went to smooth and he was really helpful at keeping us on track. Definitely made our wedding fun and special.

Cathy · Married on 11/23/2014

Milestone DJ allowed us to enjoy our wedding and reception by taking care of all of our audio needs. Rick is very professional and easy to work with. He made us and our guests feel at ease and confident that everything would go off without a hitch... and it did!