Mike Yoon Photo Reviews

Mike Yoon Photo 6
Mike Yoon Photo 7

Kc Tran · Getting married on 02/16/2020

Amazing experience

Mike was so easy to work with and he has such a good eye for locations to photograph. We were more than satisfied with the outcome of the photos. It was really great to having mike capture our precious moments. I would definitely recommend him to anyone, for any type of photography. His turn around time was much quicker than expected too!

Sent on 04/27/2019

Susan Trinh · Married on 05/04/2019

Incredible quality for a great value!

Mike did an AMAZING job! After spending weeks researching engagement photography options, Mike's pricing was what initially caught my eye and was the best value. But after receiving the edited photos, the quality was beyond our expectations! We asked to take our photos at Joshua Tree and requested to have my brothers' restored 1968 ford mustang as part of the shoot. He met us all the way out there and was able to incorporate the car into our engagement photos. He knew all the great location spots to ensure our photos would turn out great!

He is very easy to work with and although we were awkward at first, he put us at ease with his personality and direction. Communication was a breeze...Mike was always available via email and text to answer any and all questions.

We just shared the photos with our families on Christmas eve and they were BLOWN away at how amazing the photos looked! We have already booked Mike for a future event, our tea ceremony, because we know he will be able to capture all the best moments with our families.

Sent on 12/25/2018
    Mike Yoon Photo 8
    Mike Yoon Photo 9

Andrea Villaquiran · Married on 04/13/2019

Beyond amazing

mike is an amazing photographer, extremely professional, friendly, easy going and takes amazing pictures for those especially moments , highly recommended.

Sent on 05/05/2019

Ariel · Married on 03/30/2019

from day 1, he made us feel confident in his abilities

Mike was extremely professional through the entire process from the first meeting to the engagement photos to the wedding day. He made me and my fiancé (now husband) feel completely confident in his ability to provide amazing photos that captured our day.

Sent on 04/25/2019
    Mike Yoon Photo 10
    Mike Yoon Photo 11
    Mike Yoon Photo 12

Katie Zheng · Married on 10/06/2018

Very good photos and experience

The photos came out great. I especially love the colors. Mike is very good at what he does, not to mention he is also professional and pleasant to work with. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Korina Salas · Married on 09/22/2018

Fotos chingonas para tu boda!

Super nice and professional! I thought I was getting annoying with how many pictures I was asking him to take, but he always responded with a smile. More importantly, my photos were what I wanted them to be. Quick turn around too ☺️

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Mike Yoon Photo 13
    Mike Yoon Photo 14
    Mike Yoon Photo 15
    Mike Yoon Photo 16
    Mike Yoon Photo 17

Stephanie · Married on 04/24/2018

Mike is such a great guy to work with!!! He makes people feel comfortable and natural in photos, which give you the best shots. And even if you're not actively posing, he takes the best candids!!

I've had the pleasure of having Mike work two separate photo shoots: my Engagement and Anime Expo cosplay event! He can cater between super romantic and funny/casual, but yet make both so professional. I loved his photos so much that I'm using one of them as my profile picture here (as of July 31) and I've even commissioned my favorite artist to draw his version of this picture!!!

Great attitude, super nice, great quality of photos, and great price. What more can you ask for? He's my go-to photographer.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Ryan · Married on 04/21/2018

One of the most down to earth photographers I've ever met. He is very experienced and knowledgeable in perfecting his craft. I love what he did for our proposal surprise photos..my fiancee never once suspected him shooting any of the candids from afar. Even tho I didn't get a chance to give much direction to him before the proposal..Mike was fully comfortable taking the lead and initiative to create some awesome and memorable moments for us to cherish for years to come. Truly talented photographer..I've booked him for my engagement and wedding for the near future as well. Try him out..he's super friendly.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Tracy · Married on 03/23/2018

Mike is a true gem of a photographer. His unique style and sharpness to every shot is what attracted me to hire him for our wedding photos...and we absolutely love them. He is so easy to work with, professional and friendly, which puts you at ease and calms your nerves. I also recently hired Mike again for my maternity shoot and can't thank him enough for the beautiful pictures. They are stunning! He knows what he's doing! I look forward to working with him again for all of my upcoming life milestones.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Regena · Married on 07/15/2017

I was looking for someone who can deliver a romantic, classy elegance to my photos and my friend recommended Mike to me. He created a rustic and modern appeal to the photos, so I had no hesitation in hiring Mike for the engagement and wedding photo package.

The engagement shoot was the time when you first get a glimpse of your photographer’s style. And what I really admire about Mike is that he will not go to the same spot twice for a photoshoot. As in, even if the location is the same place as another couple, he will find a unique spot within that location to make it your own. My fiancé and I did not feel nervous at all during the shoot, taking Mike’s directions on different poses and making us feel entirely comfortable and natural. It really just felt like we were going on a date and there was a discreet third wheel to accompany us lol.

Even though it was the windiest day we ever endured during our engagement shoot, Mike spent the entire day with us from 4:30 to 10:30 pm visiting multiple locations in Palos Verdes and then night time shots in Downtown LA. We have to hand it to Mike who was so patient throughout the whole windy photoshoot, we knew we had the right man for the job.

Our wedding flowed seamlessly with Mike scheduling our timeline of pictures with the bridal party, family and friends, and first look. He even was so thoughtful and brought me a personal fan, in case it was so hot my makeup would melt. I really am so thankful to have had Mike as our photographer, as he made us feel at ease and calm on the biggest day of our lives. But most importantly, I really love how all my photos turned out so beautifully, how he captured our best faces forward in all the right moments.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Kimberly · Married on 06/16/2017

Mike is super talented and has a very unique style of photography! He did our engagement shoot and our wedding photos, and it all came out very nicely. He works best if you have a specific idea of what you're looking for and give him plenty of direction.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Diana · Married on 04/29/2017

Loveeeeeeeee my pictures!!!!!!!
    Mike and his team did such an amazing job!!!!!
    They were super friendly, very very very accommodating, and flexible w my demands.
    I'm super camera shy but they made me feel so comfortable being infront of the camera!
    Thank you!!! Will be calling you for all future events!!!

Sent on 05/26/2017

donald · Married on 04/29/2017

Mike is truly a talented and remarkable photographer who beautifully captures every memorable moment. He also makes you feel very comfortable during the photo shoots which makes it enjoyable for people like me who hates to have their pictures taken. He is very friendly and makes you feel like you've known him all your life after ten minutes of meeting him for the first time. He has knowledge, experience and talent in selecting backgrounds and having people in certain poses for pictures. He takes his job very seriously and does it with full of passion. Mike does his job well because he has a desire to satisfy all of his customers. He knows he has a high responsibility to capture moments that can never be repeated again in life. It's difficult to find a photographer you can trust in to do that. Mike is definitely in that category and he is actually worth more than what he charges. I would recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 05/29/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/19/2016

Mike is definitely the person you want to hire as your photographer. He really went above and beyond and provided excellent service for our special day. I'm looking forward to working with him again. He's not only my go to photographer but a great friend as well. Book with him, I guarantee you will not regret it. Thanks for making my vision of looking like a fairytale princess come alive.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Kate · Married on 09/03/2016

I started my wedding photographer search online looking for a style that I liked that was was within my budget. I loved Mike's use of light so we tried him out with our engagement photos. My fiance and I are somewhat camera shy and slightly uncomfortable with too much PDA so we were worried how the pictures would turn out. During the shoot though, Mike would give us direction and feedback on how to pose, which was helpful. He would also periodically show us so pictures, which did ease us through the process. In the end, we were very pleased with the photos because it all looked natural even though it felt unnatural to be the focus of a camera. For our wedding, he scoped out all the venues in the week prior so he was familiar with the setting. On the day of, he was great about keeping on schedule and coordinating with a separate videographer we hired. He would get the shots he needed at each part of the day and then let us go as quickly as possible so we could still enjoy the festivities. The turnaround time was quick and he was also very responsive to our questions and concerns throughout the entire process!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/25/2016

We are so glad we decided to go with Mike as our Wedding Photographer! We had an out of town wedding (at golden gate park in SF), and he volunteered to come out early to scope out the location, so we could get the best shots. We had a family gathering 2 weeks after the wedding, and Mike was able to provide a dozen teaser pictures that we could share with our extended family! We received the rest shortly after. And best of all, the pictures came out great! Thank you Mike for capturing our special day - we couldn't be happier with our pictures!

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Mike Yoon Photo 18
    Mike Yoon Photo 19
    Mike Yoon Photo 20
    Mike Yoon Photo 21

My husband and I thoroughly searched far and wide and interviewed several photographers before choosing Mike.
    We are very happy with our engagement and wedding photos. We love his rustic, vintage and organic style of photography. During our engagement session and wedding day, he created a relaxed atmosphere and made it comfortable to take photos for first timers like me and my husband. He also made great recommendations and at the same time we appreciated that he took our input into consideration.
    I'm so glad we chose him to be our photographer to capture memorable moments throughout our special day. He has an eye for choosing the best lighting and right angle to capture people at their best.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Ben · Married on 10/24/2015

Hiring Mike for our wedding and engagement photography was one of the best decisions we made throughout the planning process. We were referred to Mike by a friend that had used him for their engagement shoot and wedding day. Some of the factors we were looking for when hiring a photographer was affordability, versatility, attention to detail, and an unique style. I can confidently say that Mike was able to deliver on ALL of these aspects we were looking for.

Prior to both the day of our engagement shoot and wedding day, Mike took time out of his own schedule and went to our locations to research and plan out the shoot. He even created a timeline for the engagement shoot, which went beyond our expectations. During the shoots, we felt very comfortable and had so much fun working Mike and his team.

The photos were absolutely beautiful and we received many compliments from friends and family. We really loved his rustic, natural, artistic style of photography. What I think makes him stand out from other photographers was ability to edit and send out the photos (for the engagement and wedding) in VERY quick manner. I’ve heard nightmare stories of friends receiving photos two years after their wedding and this wasn’t the case.

Mike and his team were easy to work & personable and throughout the process we felt like we developed a friendship with Mike. I would HIGHLY recommend Mike for anyone searching for a photographer that can capture the special moments in life.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Kollette · Married on 08/08/2015

Finding a good wedding photographer can be a daunting task. It is one of the areas in wedding planning where we believe the process should be carefully reviewed. The most important factor is that your photographer should be able to display artistic talent through his or her photos. Most importantly they should be able to cater to the style preference you want.

Mike Yoon Photo was able to deliver on a professional level. His work is one of the best we've seen while looking for a wedding photographer. On our engagement sessions he made us feel comfortable while being able to cater to the poses we wanted as well as poses he suggested. Prior to the day of our wedding mike actually went to the site where our wedding was going to be at. He carefully planned the day based on the time and lighting. During the day of our wedding, he arrived to our hotel rooms a couple of mins early. He made our wedding party as comfortable as can be while being able to deliver nice candid shots. Since our wedding ceremony was at a Catholic Church, Mike was able to catch stunning photos while being able to comply with the strict church rules.

As far as the photos, Mike was able to cater to our preference of a "rustic elegant and natural" style. He added his own artistic flare which I believe separates him from the other photographers. The photos were absolutely gorgeous as if they were taken right out of the wedding magazines! On top of that he was able to edit the photos and get it out to us in a quick fashion. Hiring Mike was money well spent.

To summarize it all; he was professional and artistic, the shots he took looks like a 10k dollar photographer shots for less, and he's able to get you your photos asap!

Thanks Mike for the awesome experience !

Sent on 11/13/2015

Wedding day is one of the most important days of one's life, and selecting a stellar photographer is important to capture and re-live the moments of that special day. Mike Yoon is that photographer. Not only are his exemplary skills met with utmost professionalism, Mike genuinely cares about his clients' vision and needs, and will go the extra mile to make sure those needs are met. For example, Mike would take the time to scout locations beforehand, and determine if the location is prime for his clients' photography needs. While his services are not the least expensive in the industry, I have been more than satisfied with the end product. Mike is keen on capturing the small details in planning with his clients and his editing is amazing! I am more than happy to recommend Mike Yoon Photography for your event!

Sent on 03/10/2016

Mike Yoon is the BEST photographer around! From the moment we booked him as our official photographer, he made our engagement shoot & wedding day an unforgettable experience. He always made time to listen to our ideas and not only incorporated them but exceeded our expectations in the photos. He is professional, detailed, passionate and guaranteed to deliver beautiful photos for your special day. Make sure to check out his website (www.mikeyoonphoto.com)! Trust me, as a bride that dealt with awesome/horrible vendors, Mike Yoon will definitely be one of your vendors that'll make your engagement shoot & wedding day an amazing one.

Sent on 10/04/2015