Mike Topham Photography Reviews

Mike Topham Photography 6
Mike Topham Photography 7

Brenda Mills · Married on 12/15/2018

Beautiful wedding pictures

Mike was terrific at the wedding. Him and his staff were everywhere taking pictures before and during the ceremony. We have only seen a partial view of the pictures and they are perfect. He has captured some beautiful scenes. Cannot wait to see the rest of the photos.

Matthew · Married on 09/01/2018

Wedding cake

Nancy was the photographer for our wedding and we can't recommend her enough! Nancy has such a great energy and kept all the bridal party focused during the posed photos and never felt intrusive during the remainder of the evening. I still can't believe how willing she was to get into awkward places to get just the right shot. As for the photos themselves they turned out fantastic! It was slightly overcast during the ceremony but you would never know from looking at the pictures.

Speaking of the weather, rain was threatening the ceremony and I (the groom) was a nervous wreck. Nancy was so calming and reassuring which I am so grateful for.

Leona · Married on 05/05/2018

I could not have asked for better photographers!! Mike and team are exceptional!! They are so friendly and creative hat they make for a great photo session! The entire bridal party complimented on how fun and excited they were! Thank you so much!

Molly · Married on 04/28/2018

We didn’t get Mike, but we got his AMAZING daughter Nancy. She was amazing. I was so nervous as the bride for the big day and she helped make everything flow so easily. She had an amazing assistant with her and both were willing to do anything we needed. She was on top all the photos we wanted and picked the best locations to take them. She has a great eye for photography. We just loved her!

Trisha · Married on 12/30/2017

Oh my gosh, Mike Topham and his assistants are TOP NOTCH! They were so pleasant and easy to work with, but it's hard to evaluate until you get the pictures back. WOW! The photos were just AMAZING!!!!! They got shots we were unaware of but loved. They got all the obligatory wedding shots. They changed venues for the first look (in the freezing cold) without giving it a second thought. I simply cannot recommend them enough. You will be SO pleased, relieved, and worry-free if you hire him for your wedding!

Caitlin · Married on 12/16/2017

We looooved working with Mike and Nancy! Mike did our engagement pictures, my portraits, and was with us on our wedding day with his daughter Nancy. The pictures are very high quality! They really got to know us and were very accommodating with family members. Both Mike and Nancy made us feel very comfortable and are very knowledgeable about poses and the best spots to photograph. We quickly (2 days) got a preview of over 100 pictures and less than a month later we now have 2000 pictures to go through!

Mike Topham Photography 8
    Mike Topham Photography 9
    Mike Topham Photography 10
    Mike Topham Photography 11
    Mike Topham Photography 12
    Mike Topham Photography 13
    Mike Topham Photography 14

Marzena · Married on 08/26/2017

For our wedding day my husband and I had Nancy Topham as our photographer and we are BEYOND thrilled with how our wedding photos turned out. Before the big day Nancy emailed me a survey of several important questions that includes literally EVERYTHING a bride wants their photographer to know before the wedding. This meant so much to us because it allowed us to communicate all of the photos we wanted. On the day of the wedding we had a detailed timeline, but of course our venue coordinator was 15 minutes late opening the venue and the car picking up the bride and bridesmaids was ALSO late. This set our timeline behind (for the first look and bridal party photos). When I frantically arrived at the venue 30 minutes late I found Nancy already taking detail shots of my gown, the venue, and the groomsmen! She worked tirelessly to ensure we got back on track for the photo timeline and thanks to her we were able to get all of our photos and make it to the ceremony on time! Not only did she single handedly get us back on track, she was so graceful and calm the entire time. This was so helpful during our frantic beginning! Throughout the night Nancy was everywhere; she took photos from every angle and kept us (bride/groom) on track for all of our photos including the quick shots we wanted to get at sunset. She was also so on top of making sure my hair and dress looked perfect for the pictures (we had a windy day outside). We are so grateful to Nancy for all of her hard work that day. Now that the wedding is over we received our pictures (very quickly) and we are so impressed with how everything turned out. Nancy did an incredible job being everywhere that day and she truly captured the wedding from everyone’s perspective. As a bride the wedding day was hectic and went by too fast. It is awesome to sit down with a glass of wine and feel like I am reliving the wedding day not only from my perspective but also from the perspective of the groom, guests, parents, and bridal party

Melissa · Married on 04/08/2017

AMAZING photographer!! Mike and his daughter (who was the second shooter) captured our April 2017 wedding. They also did our engagement shots. Every single photo is stunning! He is brilliant with capturing the right angles and lighting. They captured so many perfect moments for us that we will treasure for years to come.
    Mike and his family run their small business. They are very responsive and willing to work with you to customize a package to fit your needs. We found that Mike offered the best pricing, the largest quantity of photos and the highest quality among the photographers we looked at. Their turnaround time for receiving the photos was surprisingly fast! We had our engagement photos in a week and our wedding photos in less than 3 weeks. On the wedding day, Mike's daughter was with the bridal party and she was very sweet and kind. She did the detail shots which were lovely. She also provided us with just the right amount of guidance so we looked natural and not over-staged while Mike clicked away happily. They are a great team and fun to work with. I would HIGHLY recommend Mike and his family to anyone looking for a quality photographer who will deliver a stunning product without decimating your budget.

• User7195662 · 2+ years ago

Mike did our engagement pictures and Mike and Nancy did our wedding! We loved our wedding pictures and have received lots of compliments. The wedding pictures were provided in a timely manner. They did a great job of getting the pictures my husband wanted as well as the ones I wanted. They have great suggestions of locations.

Morgan · Married on 07/08/2016

Mike and Nancy were the photographers at John Marshall Ballrooms for our wedding. It was great working with them on our wedding day! They were very calm and knew exactly where to put us for all the pictures. Leading up to that day it was very easy to communicate with Mike over the phone, in emails or meetings in Richmond. He was always very professional in his work and had the photos back to us very soon after the wedding. The photos him and Nancy took turned out amazing!! I would definitely recommend Mike Topham Photography for any future events or weddings!

Megan · Married on 06/25/2016

The day after the wedding I had my computer attached to me refreshing my emails constantly waiting to get an email from Mike about our photos! He was absolutely WONDERFUL and I knew the pictures would be too. When he finally sent us the link I couldn't stop looking at the pictures. The day of the wedding Mike kept everything smoothly before the event and even after the ceremony. A couple of days before the wedding he took the time to call me and talk about all my family members and how everyone was related so he knew who to get into what pictures the day of the wedding. He was so diligent, professional, and captured ALL of the images I asked him to. :) I couldn't have dreamed of anyone else capturing our special day and allowing us to relive it through the beautiful pictures!

Tara · Married on 05/14/2016

My fiancé is a photographer, so when searching for a photographer, it was his choice, and he made a great choice! Though we haven't gotten married yet, mike did out engagement shoot yesterday evening and it went very well. Mike is amazing at what he does and he makes the photo shoot very comfortable! He actually met with us in Southern Maryland for our photoshoot at 6 pm. He was full of energy and very nice! We can't wait for him to shoot our wedding! For the quality and quantity of photos that you receive, his prices are amazing!

Jessica · Married on 11/14/2015

We worked with Nancy and she was amazing! All of our photos came out beautifully and we loved working with her. We would definitely highly recommend her!

Gretchen · Married on 11/06/2015

Mike and Nancy were absolutely amazing. Booking this pair for my wedding was hands down the single best vendor selection I made. I was lucky enough that they were available since I got married on a Friday! BOOK THEM EARLY. But on November 6th, they blew my socks off. Not only were they informed about my family and friends from my discussions from them, but they were organized with my photos making them as fast as possible and super excited about capturing our couple photos. They were patient but firm with my wedding party and I needed that. They exceeded their obligations and my expectations and I have no doubt I will LOVE the pictures I receive. Thank you so very much Mike and Nancy!

Mike's daughter Nancy did my engagement photos. She was very professional. She was very easy to get in contact with and did a great job of confirming the appointment with us. The images were beautiful! It was a really fun experience and I can't wait for Nancy to do our wedding photography. She also got the pictures back to us very quickly! Amazing!

• Jordan and Seth

Jordan · Married on 09/26/2015

The most beautiful wedding pictures! I am so happy with how everything turned out!! Highly recommend!

teresa · Married on 09/16/2015

Mike and his daughter Nancy photographed our wedding in the Outer Banks and we couldn't be happier! They were a pleasure to work with and made everyone feel at ease. The photographs were beautiful - we will cherish them for a lifetime. We had a small, non-traditional wedding, and they were flexible in moving from the church, to the beach, and then back to the beach house. They were able to capture everything perfectly in every setting. Would definitely recommend!

Abigail · Married on 09/05/2015

Mike and Nancy did an incredible job capturing my husband and I’s recent wedding at Bluemont Vineyard in Bluemont, Virginia. Mike was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. We really liked that he provided us with a questionnaire to complete before our big day so that we could indicate our preferences and requests ahead of time. Looking at the photos, you would never guess that Mike and Nancy had never been to our venue before – they captured everything so expertly and perfectly! As a bride, it was so nice to have them provide the direction and initiative we needed to keep things moving smoothly! They were efficient, professional, decisive, and inspired from start to finish. We received many compliments from our wedding guests, friends, and family on how beautiful the photos are and couldn’t be happier with how they came out. Unlike many photographers out there, Mike is incredibly generous with how many photos he will share with you – not a detail from the day will be spared! We definitely recommend Mike Topham Photography to brides and grooms in the Virginia/DC area and can’t thank Mike and Nancy enough for capturing our day so beautifully!

Mike was fantastic. He and his daughter took some amazing photos and were do fun to work with.

Brittany · Married on 06/05/2015

Mike and Nancy were such a joy to work with! They both exhibited so much professionalism and love of their craft. Our engagement photos turned out lovely, despite my fiancé and I talking through all the photos. Mike made us feel completely comfortable and went above and beyond to get great shots.

On our actual wedding day, the two were all but invisible during the ceremony and reception. We did about 90% of the posed photos before the ceremony, so that afterward we could truly enjoy each others, our families and our guests. They gave us clear and friendly suggestions throughout- guiding us through the various poses and arrangements without ever making us feel like we were being ordered around.

Toward the end of the evening they even made the effort to get us back outside where the sky was a beautiful, vivid blue as the sun was about to set for some final, wonderful photos. All in all they were awesome- I'd recommend to anyone who will listen!

We worked with Mike and his daughter, Nancy. They were absolutely wonderful from start to finish. We wanted a "photojournalism" style for our wedding and Mike's portfolio was exactly what we had in mind - we didn't want to spend a lot of time posing for pictures and instead wanted to capture the day. For the short posed session we did have, they were friendly, quick, and Nancy in particular was so awesome with the kids. They were also incredibly flexible - we had to switch up our cocktail hour and ceremony for our outdoor wedding due to weather, and Mike and Nancy rolled with it and put together a last minute "first look" which we weren't planning on. They were so critical in helping our day run smoothly! The pictures have turned out absolutely gorgeous and we couldn't be happier.

We cannot say enough good things about Mike and Nancy. They are true professionals. From the moment they got to our wedding until we got in the car to leave, Mike & Nancy never stopped taking pictures. They are very creative and you can tell he has been around the block several times when it comes to weddings. They were very timely in getting our pictures back to us and very easy to work with. They traveled all the way from Richmond, VA to Lancaster, PA so that shows their dedication to their clients. We would recommend Mike to ANYONE looking for a photographer in the mid-atlantic region. His prices are extremely competitive and you definitely get your bang for your buck. On the day of the wedding they were great at making sure we were moving and on time for what pictures we wanted, etc. We loved Mike & Nancy and can't say enough great things about them!

Bethanie · Married on 10/13/2014

Mike is amazing photographer! He was so enthusiastic about every single shot he took, which made the act of smiling for hours really quite enjoyable and easy! We love our pictures. He captured all of the right moments. I can't recommend him enough. I would give him and his team more stars if I could.

Brittany · Married on 10/11/2014

We absolutely LOVED working with Mike Topham Photography.

My (now) husband and I were so very impressed with Mike’s past experience in photography on Capitol Hill and working alongside Presidents and traveling the world. We knew this wouldn’t just be some random photographer who decided to take photos of weddings, but instead a truly skilled professional.

When we first met with him, we enjoyed his very calm and easy-going yet very professional attitude, and loved his photojournalistic style of capturing candid moments and telling a story through his photo albums. This was just what we were looking for.

We also loved that Mike’s assistant photographer would be his daughter, and he set us up with his OTHER daughter as our videographer! We were happy to work with a family business. They were all SUCH a pleasure to not just work with, but to BE with! Everyone that they interacted with got such a kick out of them and had such nice things to say about them.

Mike’s daughter was great at ‘cheering us on’ during the photos, so everyone stayed alert, looking in the right direction, and on task. This was so helpful during the group photos, because we wanted to get them done as quick as possible since there were so many of us to keep focused. That way we could get back to the wedding action!

Most importantly, Mike and his team produced the most incredible set of photos. I couldn’t have asked for anything more. They have a great eye for capturing the most beautiful and sentimental moments.

I highly recommend.