Mike Staff Productions Reviews

Mike Staff Productions 3
Mike Staff Productions 4
Mike Staff Productions 5

Danielle · Married on 08/05/2016

We were beyond impressed with everything Mike Staff did for us. It is such a hard thing to plan a wedding but they made it so easy (and affordable!!)

We had video, photograph, dj, and uplighting from Mike Staff. I don't think I can even come up with one complaint!! Our DJ Dave was an amazing host and kept the night moving for us! Our photographers Chris were amazing and captured so many amazing moments. Our videographer was so awesome and I was worried about him being so present and around all day but we didn't notice him (in a good way!!)

I honestly can't thank them enough for their amazing work all around :-) I would (and have/will be) recommending them to everyone I know!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

You are AWESOME, Danielle! 4 services and 5 stars? We can’t thank you enough! Dave, Chris and the gang had such a great experience working with you and we’re thrilled to hear our team made your wedding day stress free (and affordable)! Thanks for spreading the good word and we wish you the best!

Abbie · Married on 07/30/2016

Great service! No complaints here with Mike Staff!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

You rock! We loved working with you, thanks for choosing Mike Staff!
  • W

William · Married on 07/23/2016

Excellent DJ Services. We had Steve (who also happened to have an apprentice with him that night). He played everything we wanted, avoided everything we wanted avoided, and kept the party moving perfectly. He did a great job with announcements and timeline (including dismissing tables for our buffet line) and even accommodated the two of us as we sang and played piano for our opening songs. Fun personality, very talented, set up early, and everything went flawlessly. In terms of lead-up and planning, Mike Staff had us come in, view some videos of DJs and pick somebody that matched our personalities. Steve definitely did, and using the worksheet Mike Staff gave us, we walked right through our whole reception. Loved them!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Video Profiles = Check! Music Worksheet = Check! AWESOME wedding = Check! You are officially a member of the Mike Staff Productions family, William. We loved working with you and are so happy to hear Steve not only played the music you wanted but that he kept the night running smoothly! Thank you for the 5 star review and allowing us to be a part of your day.

Kurt and his staff are amazing! They make booking a breeze and their customer service is the best in the business. We had Kyle for our DJ and Rocky for our Videographer. What a great team! Rocky was a great fit for us all day. He is so calm and made us feel at ease when things were hectic. He is funny and really knows what he is doing. Everything was easy! We cannot wait to see how the video turns out! Kyle was seriously the best DJ we could have asked for. My friends and family are still raving about him. He played everything we asked and everything I forgot to ask to play. He kept everyone on schedule and dancing all night. Good vendors can make an entire event... we are so glad we chose Mike Staff for ours.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Jenna · Married on 07/16/2016

We met with Randy and it was great from that moment. He was personable and did his best to learn our likes and dislikes quickly. He was able to narrow down a list of employees for each service and showed us their work and also gave his opinion to help us decide. They have a great bundle package if you book 2 or 3 services with them. We did all 3 and it helped us save a great deal. My wedding is next year, but I have no doubt that Mike Staff Productions and the people we have for each service will help guide the big day. One of my biggest concerns was the Day Of and whether the DJ would guide the reception, the photographer keep a good schedule and timing, etc so that I don't have to stress. After talking with Randy, I have no doubt that those things will be taken care of by their team. Both my fiance and I knew they were the right match for us as soon as we walked out of the appointment.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Adam · Married on 07/16/2016

We had Bob the DJ, Craig and Dennis as Photographers, Greg and Kaylie as the Videographers. We couldn't have been more pleased with how they were all at our wedding. Bob was amazing, I've never seen a better DJ at a wedding, played all our favorites, kept everyone on the dance floor until they were escorting us out of the room! Craig and Dennis have 2 different styles, but did an amazing job! Without Craig keeping us on task, we wouldn't have made it to where we needed to be on time, even when we had a wedding planner. Dennis made everyone feel comfortable, and even saved us right before the ceremony by helping to fix the boutonnieres as well as fixing all of our pocket squares. Without a doubt, I would recommend all of them to anyone.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your day. Our team enjoyed working with both of you!

Sarah · Married on 07/16/2016

MikeStaff photographers and DJs were truly incredible! They were professional, courteous, and creative. For photos: Picking photo packages was easy and we love the results. We had some odd requests for our photos due to an early morning ceremony and they accommodated them perfectly, including photos with me (the bride) and the groom before the wedding ceremony. All photos look great- formals, candids, and everything in between. We had both indoor and outdoor settings. I recommend going with the 2 photographer option and getting the digital copies on a memory stick. We had Jim Van Luven and he was excellent. As for our DJ (Seth), he played most of the songs we requested and his selections were high energy and for all ages. They kept the guests dancing even at an early morning wedding! Can't recommend MikeStaff enough!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Your wedding photos will be something you and your family will cherish for a lifetime, so we are soooooo happy to hear they came out perfect! We’re happy the 2 photographer team worked out for you, can’t miss a moment that way. Also, we love hearing your guests were rocking the dance floor in the morning - that’s a party! Thanks for choosing Mike Staff, Sarah! We appreciate it.

Jessica · Married on 07/15/2016

MIKE DEMBS was our DJ. We couldn't be happier with the level of service he gave us. The morning after our wedding, we had guests asking for his info to use him at their weddings. He played a great mix of music and read the crowd to get everyone on the dance floor. He provided the personality of the reception and did a great job with everything. Book Mike Staff and ASK FOR DEMBS!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your wedding day. Mike said your dance floor was packed!

Kylie · Married on 07/15/2016

If you want your dance floor to be packed, your guests to have a great time, and beautiful pictures of the entire event, then you will want to choose Mike Staff for your wedding! So professional and so great to work with. Too many compliments on our DJ, Randy! Our guests didn't want to leave the dance floor! One good song after another! John our photographer had the bridal party relaxed and comfortable and they had fun while he captured great pictures . Our sneak peek pics are great and we can't wait to see the rest. Would absolutely use Mike Staff again!! Sherry - Mother of the Bride

Sent on 08/08/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Wow! Your words mean so much to us! If the Mother of the Bride is happy -- we’re happy! Thanks so much Sherry & Kylie, this review is amazing! Randy is such a great guy and loves to throw rockin’ parties! As for John, he has quite the eye for what to capture. It was an honor to be a part of the day, we loved working with you!

Tessa · Married on 07/03/2016

Everyone that we worked with at Mike Staff was so friendly and helpful. They were very responsive and easy to work with even though we lived four hours away. I would recommend them to everyone. It was a one stop shop for DJ, videography and photography. I couldn't be more happy with our prouducts and services provided. They truly went above and beyond in every way possible and made me feel so special. They made this part so stress free, easy and fun. I knew from day one that I could totally relax and totally trust in all of their team. Also, the pictures and videography come back so quickly-in less than a month! And trust me you will want to see these photos as soon as possible and I don't know any of my other friends that got them this quickly and turned out absolutely stunning!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

So, you’re kind of our favorite person right now, Tessa! Distance makes the heart grow fonder -- 4 hours away or 4 minutes away -- our goal was to make your wedding memorable and stress free. Bundling our services - I am sure -
    helped make things easy and we’re thrilled you took advantage of that and saw the benefits. As for photo and video turn around time, looks like YOU win over your friends! Haha We have an entire building dedicated to bringing those images and video to life -- so glad you loved the final results as much as we loved working with you!
  • LoMarissa7216

Lauren · Married on 07/02/2016

We used Mary and Shannon as our photographers and they were AMAZING. Mary was the lead photographer and helped us select locations for the pictures and was super flexible and made sure we got all the shots that we wanted. The office staff at Mike Staff is great as well and the price was perfect for us. Rocky was our videographer and he was very professional and awesome as well. Josh B. was our d.j. and he did a great job keeping the flow of the reception going and making sure all age groups were enjoying the music that was playing!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Sounds like you had a killer wedding, Lauren. Between Mary, Shannon, Rocky and Josh B. -- you had a great team. We are so thrilled you were happy with all of them and are even more pumped that you choose to work with us. We wish you the best.

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

THE BEST DJ SERVICE OUT THERE! Before officially booking with Mike Staff I went out to have a sit down meet and greet for more information. Out of all the other vendors I had spoken to at that point, Mike Staff was BEYOND the most professional and had the BEST customer service. From the beginning they were so enthusiastic and caring about the vision I had for my wedding. I had personally seen the year before at two separate weddings where a DJ was rude and disrespectful to the bride and guests, and wouldn't play the music requested. You would never come across this booking with this DJ Service, I have already recommended them to my friends who will be using them later this year for their wedding. From the moment I walked up to the reception hall DJ DAN was ready to go and was able to help direct not just me but my wedding party for their entrance. DJ DAN was my life line throughout the reception, he checked in with me for everything and knew how to read the crowd so well. My worst fear was that No ONE would dance at my wedding, and that was not the case with DJ DAN. Please book Mike Staff Productions today!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Hey, we can thank “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” for making ‘life lines’ a thing, right? We’re so thrilled DJ Dan was that go-to person for you on the biggest day of your life! You have no idea how much that means to us. We exist so brides don’t have to put up with rude or cheesy DJ’s at their wedding. Thank you for believing in us, trusting us and recommending us, Ashley!

tom · Married on 06/25/2016

We hired a DJ and Videographer through Mike Staff, and could not be more pleased with their services. They helped guide us through the planning process from beginning to end which was a huge help and above our expectations. The day of they delivered great energy and were simply fantastic. The music and flow of the night honestly, could not have been better! Our wedding video portrayed our relationship perfectly and the day was even more beautiful than I remembered. They captured so many little details and moments with our guests, that will be treasured as memories forever. Thank you James (DJ Jimi) and Jason for being such a pleasant part of our special day.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Tom, we can’t thank you enough for this amazing review! This is why we do what we do. We want to provide great energy and music to make sure the night is a blast and we want to capture every moment so your video is uniquely YOU. We are so happy, you’re happy. Jimi and Jason loved working with you. Thank you for choosing Mike Staff Productions.

Kaitlin · Married on 06/24/2016

Mike Staff Productions provided DJ services for our wedding, and did a great job! We were impressed with their responsiveness and professionalism from the very beginning. We were provided with a comprehensive 'homework' packet to help us really plan out our choices and get us thinking. Our DJ contacted us for a phone call the Monday beforehand to go over all of the details, including how to correctly pronounce everyone's name. On the day of, our DJ did a wonderful job keeping things moving and people dancing, even while not feeling well! He also handled a flood of requests with great courtesy, doing his best to accommodate every guest's wishes. Overall, we were very pleased with Mike Staff, and would recommend their services!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

‘Homework’ isn’t always fun -- but when it’s for your wedding day it’s a different story, right Kaitlin?! We’re so happy to hear the evening ran smoothly and that the days leading up to your reception were organized. We can’t thank you enough for choosing Mike Staff Productions. Nothing can keep our DJ’s down!

Kelly · Married on 06/11/2016

We originally chose to meet with Mike Staff because they were on our venue's preferred vendor list. Our first meeting went great, they worked around my work schedule to get me in. All of our questions were answered before I even had to ask! We got to watch videos of each DJ that was available on our date and chose the one we thought would be the best fit. He did a great job and everyone was pleased with the music!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

We love showing off our team in the video profiles and we’re glad you liked being able to choose your own wedding DJ, Kelly! Most importantly -- your DJ rocked your wedding! So happy to hear you had a great experience with Mike Staff Productions from start to finish. We know work hours can be a bummer sometimes, so we’re happy to be flexible! We wish you the best.
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 06/11/2016

We used Mike Staff for our wedding DJ and videography and are extremely happy with how everything went! Jimi and Rocky were professional, fun, and, from what we've seen so far, did amazing work. Jimi had the dance floor packed the WHOLE night. And Rocky made us feel so comfortable. We would highly recommend Mike Staff and can't wait to see our final product for the wedding video!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

We hope you are loving your wedding video and are watching it daily (well, maybe not daily, but at least a lot LOL)! Jimi and Rocky had a BLAST working with you, Andrea and we can’t thank you enough for working with us. It’s all about having a good time and doing a good, solid job. We wish you the best!

Rachel · Married on 06/11/2016

One of the best decisions we made was to use Mike Staff Productions for our wedding! We used them for Dj, photography and videography services and we were happy with them all! They are definitely top notch!!!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Well, we think you’re pretty top notch too, Rachel! We love seeing 5 stars but we loved working with you more. Thank you for trusting us and allowing us to be a part of your special day.

Karen · Married on 06/11/2016

Mike Staff Productions was one of the very best decisions we made regarding our wedding!! All of the services we booked were exceptional! DJ, Chris was excellent, over and above! Photographer Chris was awesome and Videographer Steve was super great! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

We’re SO happy you decided to work with us, Karen! Plus -- you were a triple threat with DJ, Video and Photo services and we’re so glad our team delivered on all three. We can’t thank you enough for your trust in us and this glowing recommendation!

Greg · Married on 06/04/2016

Steve Miller has been the DJ for both of my sisters' weddings. Without a doubt, we wanted him for our wedding too! Steve is the absolute best DJ ever! He is so accommodating and knows how to make a wedding run smoothly. He knows exactly what songs to play when and how to keep the guests up and dancing! He also did a great job at making announcements and keeping us informed. Anyone would be lucky to have Steve as their DJ! He is the best! :)

Sent on 06/15/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Steve is an honorary member of your SQUAD now, Greg! This is awesome. We’re so glad to hear Steve has rocked so many weddings and kept you guys coming back for more. We can’t thank you enough for your continued business with Mike Staff Productions. We wish you the best.

Connie · Married on 06/04/2016

I am the grandmother (and host) of the bride, and did the planning, with bride and groom's approval, for their wedding. The photographers, Craig and Glen, were exceptional, top of the line and fantastic to work with. Their photography skills can only be described as unbelievably unique and beautifully stunning. The videographer, Mike, was also top notch, personable and captured all of the beautiful moments, and so much more. And finally, Randy the DJ, was amazingly incredible and the perfect Master of Ceremonies, making certain that everything went smoothly. "You get what you pay for," and this experience was worth every single penny! They were all so professional, classy and skilled in what they do. Thank you to Mike Staff Productions for making my granddaughter's wedding day the "Princess Wedding" that she deserved.

Sent on 07/24/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

You’re making us tear up over here, Connie! This is why we do what we do -- to provide couples & their families with the best wedding experience possible! Craig, Glen, Mike and Randy LOVED working with you. Your granddaughter is super lucky to have a grandmother that cares as much as you. We appreciate your 5 star rating more than you know and are thrilled to call you a member of the Mike Staff Productions family!

Kristi · Married on 06/04/2016

We used Vesna & Kat as our photographers and Pat as our DJ. They were all amazing!! Our photos turned out beautiful! They both called me the week of the week of the wedding to have detailed phone conversations about my wants and needs of our big day. Any time I called Mike Staff they were more than happy to answer all my questions. It was also easy to make payments on their website. This is the most painless part about planning our wedding. I very much recommend using Mike Staff. We are over the moon happy with their services!!!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

We were over the moon and over Jupiter happy (had to one up ya.. ha!) that you decided to work with us, Kristi! Between Vesna, Kat and Pat - you had a great team capturing & creating memories on your wedding day. The fact that working with was PAIN FREE means EVERYTHING. We try to keep things easy, fun and professional. We wish you the best!

Lisa · Married on 05/28/2016

We would definitely recommend Mike Staff Productions for their DJ services. We chose Chris S as our DJ. He was amazing. He has a great personality and is professional as they come. We were involved in all decisions, yet he took the stress away from us. It was easy. Our wedding was so much fun, and Chris S had a lot to do with that. He did his job as MC beautifully, and our guests really enjoyed themselves. We received so many compliments afterwards about how much fun everyone had. We would recommend Mike Staff to anyone looking for a DJ service that is professional, competent, friendly, and knows how to do the job right!! Thank you to Chris S and MS!!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! We take pride in doing our job the ‘right’ way, there are so many that don’t, that’s why we exist! Our DJs love playing great music, Lisa but they also thake their MC duties very seriously -- so glad to hear Chris S. nailed it and rocked your wedding. This review is awesome and we’re honored you choose Mike Staff Productions.

My fiance and I met with Tim in Park Ridge during our hunt for a wedding photographer and it was a great experience! Tim explained to us in detail the different types of photography, the packages they offer, and showed us samples from each of the photographers working for the company. Working with Mike Staff Productions has been a fantastic experience thus far!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

We hope married life is treating you well and we’re still so grateful you chose Mike Staff Productions to capture your wedding day memories! Tim loves to show off our team and we’re thrilled we were all a great fit. Cheers!

Amy · Married on 05/21/2016

Craig from Mike Staff was my photographer and he was amazing! He had done my friends wedding and I knew I just had to have him. He was everywhere taking photos and wasn't in the way. It was perfect

Sent on 05/23/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

You knew what you wanted and you got it! Craig is an awesome guy, Amy -- great choice. Your wedding photos will be something you’ll cherish forever and we’re glad you trusted Mike Staff Productions to capture your big day!

Julie · Married on 05/20/2016

Mike Staff was AWESOME to work with. They took the headache out of planning. We used them for video, photo, and DJ, so we only had to pay one place. We highly recommend Randy as your DJ. He had the dance floor packed all night. People are still talking about how much fun they had a month after the wedding. He played everything we asked him to play. Mary was our photographer and she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Overall, using Mike Staff was a great experience. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

WE HIGHLY THANK YOU (does that make sense? lol) But seriously Julie, this review is awesome. The fact that you had one spot for your vendors and zero headaches is why we do what we do! We love being able to take stress out of wedding planning. As for Randy, he’s a riot and we’re thrilled to hear he was a great fit. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your day.