Mike Staff Productions Reviews

559 | Troy, MI

559 Reviews for Mike Staff Productions

• Jessica

Jessica · Getting married on 09/10/2021

I worked with Tim Stolkey right from the beginning and from the beginning to the end he was amazing. Any and all questions I had he answered quickly and always had answers. He helped me assemble the dream team of DJ, Photographer and Videographer. And at the most important time when I needed him most he was there. On my wedding day when we arrived at the venue 2 hours early he was already there. As you can imagine it's hard to keep track of everything even if you did plan every detail, but guess what? You don't need to remember because Tim is right there with all the answers. He made every moment special, played all the songs we picked and songs he chose were perfect too! I couldn't have done it without him or the rest of the Mike Staff team! Best DJ ever! I can't thank him or Mike Staff enough!

Sent on 07/01/2014
  • Becca

Becca Phares · Getting married on 06/06/2021

Great work

We saw a friend’s videos and photo album and loved it so we went with Mike Staff Productions, too. The videographer an photographer worked so well together. Our photos and videos are so great and we felt so special on our wedding day. They even got us bottled water when I started to get warm. We are so happy with our photos and video. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Our team likes to make sure they have every detailed covered on your wedding day, from water to the perfect photography location! We know you will cherish your photos and wedding video for a lifetime and we are honored you selected Mike Staff Productions to document your day.
  • Allison

Allison Makowski · Getting married on 04/09/2021

The best!

I will be honest and say we were worried in the beginning because our top 2 most important aspects of the wedding were: cool venue and music. But Marty blew it out of the water!! I can't say enough about him - he was everything we wanted and more - Best DJ ever! Marty was beyond professional and his experience showed. He started by contacting us the week of the wedding and that initial call completely eased any doubts we may have had. he was so upbeat and positive. He was reassuring and organized. He asked us awesome questions and really put his whole heart into this. He truly showed us how much he cared and wanted our day to be absolutely perfect. We can't be more thankful for that! He made himself completely available via email and phone 24/7 so we could add, adjust or change anything. He wanted so badly to pronounce all the names correctly and accurately. During our big day, he was n time, professional and came with the most lively energy and positive attitude. You can truly see how much he loves doing this. Marty kept the dance floor JAM PACKED all night long. People did not want to leave at midnight. Long story short, we wanted to make sure Marty, his personality and skills were recognized because we appreciated it so much. We are so happy and couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Marty truly went above and beyond. Highly recommend using Mike Staff Productions - they have highly talented DJ's, but also videographers and photographers too!!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Allison, you have blown us away with your kindness. Everyone wants to throw the best party of their lives when they get married and we're BEYOND thrilled you trusted Mike Staff Productions and DJ Marty to do just that --- AND that he DELIVERED! :) We have already shared this rave review with Marty. He is so talented and we're thrilled to see his professionalism and skills were on point at your wedding. We really do put so much value into recruiting only the BEST DJ talent in metro Detroit. Our team of DJs, photographers and videographers are vetted to the highest standards. Thank you again for taking the time to share all the ways Marty and our company helped make your wedding so memorable.

Amy Kritzer · Getting married on 04/09/2021

The best experience!

We hired Mike Staff for DJ, videography and photography and were so happy with all three. DJ Ron brought the best energy and played songs that kept everyone on the dancefloor. Photographer Holly felt like a friend and was able to capture the day beautifully without being in the way- we forgot she was there, in a good way! The photos are gorgeous and she really got our style and captured the fun, loving and happy day. And we love the way our videos turned out. It perfectly captured the day! Communicationwise, we always heard back from Mike Staff within hours, and their process is so organized. The value and ease of using Mike Staff is A+. Would use again for sure.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you Amy! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with all three of our services. Sounds like you had a killer team. Your fun-loving, colorful, romantic wedding was a BLAST for our team to document. Your crew knows how to party. Thank you for allowing Mike Staff Productions to be a part of your day and continuing to show your support. Cheers to you!

Melissa Jensen · Getting married on 02/08/2021

Memories of a lifetime!

As a pandemic bride who went through a world wind of changes to my original vision and had to adapt and change so much up to and including the day of my wedding, I would 1000% recommend the Mike Staff Experience. Over the course of my wedding planning I had to be in contact with the team a lot with changes and details. Every single person made me feel like a priority. That no matter what was thrown our way they would do everything in their power to help make that day special. And boy were they put to the test because with my wedding it seemed like every possible disaster that could happen happened. They were true to their promise and helped make that disaster of a day one of the best, most beautiful, and important days of my life that I will never forget and will alway be so blessed to have had it come out as epically beautiful and perfect as it did.

Sent on 09/18/2020
  • Charlotte

Charlotte Robert · Married on 09/19/2020

Wedding 2013

They were awesome, very professional and boy do they know how to throw a party !

Sent on 04/09/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

We do love a good party, Charlotte! Our team strives to make sure your experience from your initial meeting to after your wedding is top notch. Thank you so much for the kind words. You ROCK!
  • Emily

Emily Smith · Married on 09/19/2020

Very accommodating

We reached out to Mike Staff, not really being prepared for what to expect with wedding planning. I was overwhelmed with the options when it came to finding the perfect dj, photographer, videographer and also uplighting. When going to Mike Staff they were able to offer all options and explain the why to help us find the perfect people for us. It gave me peace of mind and checked a huge to do off of our list.

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

WOW, Emily! The fact that you haven't even gotten married yet and have given our company a 5 star review already means the WORLD to us. We are thrilled to hear that the planning process with Mike Staff Productions was, as you said, easy and gave you peace of mind! I mean you have 4 HUGE items checked off your list (DJ, photography, videography and uplighting) and only had to sign ONE contract. This is why we do what we do. Sounds like Brad really helped guide you through the process making sure you got what you wanted... including a bundle discount! We cannot wait to be a part of your wedding in September 2020! Until then, Happy Holidays!

Valerie Fox · Married on 09/09/2020

Can't Wait to Watch Every Anniversary!

Everyone that I talked to that did not get a wedding video said they regret it. The way that Mike Staff Productions was able to pull little moments (that you may have even forgotten about) and put them into something that you can show your family, friends, children, and, if you’re are lucky, grandchildren, is impressive and meaningful. Pictures are great, but getting to see your day in live action — the way people laughed, hugged, danced, and the way the candlelight flickered or the snow glittered — is something that only a video can capture.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Thank you Valerie, for this 5 star review. We are so thrilled that you love your wedding video - you'll be able to relive the magic of the day whenever you want! Soooo many couples regret not getting wedding videography (93% in fact) but not you! It's so important to have a stealthy videographer haha, especially when you're not used to being in front of cameras all day. Thank you for allowing us to document your wedding day.
  • I

Isabel Smith · Married on 09/09/2020

We LOVE Mike Staff Productions!

We used Mike Staff Productions for DJ, photography, and videography. We are so happy with our choice! From our first meeting to our wedding day, they truly cared about making it the best day ever. Our DJ, photographer, and videographer worked together and the day went by without any issues. We are so happy with our wedding video and photos. We highly recommend Mike Staff Productions and bundling if you can!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

You had what we like to call the Team Approach, Isabel! Three vendors from one company — that know each other, have worked together, all with massive amounts of experience at your wedding venue. We know you will cherish your photos and videos for a lifetime. We were honored to be a part of your day!

Tracy · Married on 08/14/2020

Fantastic, fun and professional

Mark and Jenny were absolutely fabulous! Their banter with us was fantastic and appropriate to make us smile/laugh. I felt very relaxed with them and I was very comfortable speaking up about what I wanted and didn’t want. They were very professional, relatable, and fun! They both went above and beyond to make the day special for us and captured exactly what we wanted them too. They came prepared with knowledge about what we were looking for and knew our vision.

Sent on 08/16/2020

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Wow, Tracy! Jenny and Mark sounded like they were your DREAM WEDDING TEAM... and we're here for it!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with both of your wedding photographers. It's so important that you feel comfortable communicating - so glad they were not only great listeners but FUN! We were so honored to capture the memories of your wedding day. Cheers to you.
  • Amanda

Amanda Webb · Married on 08/02/2020

Great people, quality, and services!! Could not be happier!!

My husband and I booked Mike Staff Productions for photography, videography, and our DJ for our wedding and WE COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! From the first time we went to the office to meet with them, everyone seemed so genuine and it was clear that they were not trying to screw us over with prices and did not try to upset us. They found the best photographer, videographer, and DJ to fit exactly what we wanted for our style and personalities. Communication was wonderful leading up to the wedding (customer service is also fantastic! Very responsive to emails whenever I had a question) and the day of the wedding could not have gone better. They all communicated with each other and kept everything on schedule. Our guests were extremely impressed, pleased, and had a wonderful night! From what we have seen of our pictures (we do not have them all yet), they are STUNNING, absolutely amazing quality. Our DJ kept the dance floor going all night and kept us on track as well. They were all so friendly, personable, and professional as well. Thank you so much Amy Claeys (photo), Daniel Priest (video), and James Kosty (DJ)! We could not have pictured our big day with anyone else!! Mike Staff Productions has our highest recommendation!

Sent on 08/18/2020

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

WOW, Amanda! Just... wow! This review took our entire teams breath away. We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience working with Mike Staff Productions. You had one killer team - and there is nothing better then the Team Approach (and you proved it with this review!) "They all communicated with each other and kept everything on schedule" = is what the team approach is all about! THANK YOU! We passed your kind words along to James, Amy and Daniel. It was an honor being a part of your wedding. Cheers to you!
  • Raelynn

Raelynn Menard · Married on 08/01/2020

Would recommend Mike Staff Productions to anyone in need of services for their event.

I had an amazing experience with Mike Staff Productions. I contacted this company in desperate need of a DJ for my rescheduled last minute backyard wedding. Kurt was awesome to work with. He went out of his way to find a DJ he thought would work best with my wedding. Josh Baker was the DJ I received. He was nothing short of exceptional. He truly made our wedding even better than I could have expected and was awesome to communicate with. 100% recommend this company and Josh as a DJ.

Sent on 08/24/2020

Emily Franco · Married on 05/08/2020

Awesome team to work with!

We are so happy with our wedding photos and videos! Our videographer caught so many little things that we didn't even see during the wedding. At first, we didn't think we would watch the video, but I've already watched it so many times!! It was definitely worth it.
    Our photos are stunning. We definitely enjoyed having two photographers, and would recommend it to everyone. We talked with them multiple times before the wedding to make a shot list and a timeline, and everything went perfectly.
    I was really concerned about being surrounded by cameras during the wedding, but we hardly noticed them. Our photographers and videographers were so easy going and made us feel so relaxed! It was also awesome that our photographers knew our videographers and all worked together. Mike Staff Productions was great to work with!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

It can seem so intimidating having professional videographers and photographers surrounding you on the biggest day of your life but what makes our team special is that they don't bombard you and they know how to make you feel comfortable! We are thrilled to hear that is what you experienced, Emily! Thank you for trusting Mike Staff Productions to capture your memories for you. We know you'll cherish your photos and video for a lifetime.
  • Hannah

Hannah Jolly · Married on 02/22/2020

The Most I've Ever Danced!

Our DJ, Josh B, absolutely killed it! I heard from so many people that they've never seen almost 80% of people dancing throughout the entire wedding! Josh has an awesome presence and made the reception flow so smoothly. He was so comfortable and a pleasure to work with. Many people commented to me how great the DJ did. He was great to work with ahead of the wedding and answered all our questions. Best of all -- he asked for our preferences in music and we said, "You're the professional, we trust you entirely." As most planning brides have likely come to learn, the less you have to think about as the bride, the better!

Sent on 03/09/2020

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

WOW! Sounds like DJ Josh nailed it and was a GREAT fit for your wedding. We love hearing that you allowed him to take the reins in choosing the music and trusted him to keep your dance floor packed! You're right, it's so much easier when you don't have to worry about playlists and song choices - that's why you hire the pros! We cannot thank you enough for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day and sharing your experience wit us. We'll pass along your kid words to Josh! Thank you!
  • W

William Mueller · Married on 12/10/2019

Great Work From DJ James Kosty

We hired DJ James Kosty for our wedding on October 12, he met and surpassed all our expectations. He helped keep the night on track, handled a few last minute audibles perfectly, was immediately available to us all night, and kept the dance floor packed with great music. At one point he ran over to the bar to make sure the venue still served my bride moments after last call! He worked our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and lighting (he can help provide his own up-lighting if you don't need the full package from Mike Staff!). If he is available then you should be working with him!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Thanks for sharing your experience working with DJ James, William! Sounds like he ROCKED your wedding - we LOVE hearing that :) There are so many important roles a wedding DJ plays rather than pressing play; lighting, emcee, coordinator, entertainment - the list goes on! We are so happy to know he checked all the boxes and helped create great memories. We appreciate this review and recommendation! Cheers to you!

Rachel McCleery · Married on 11/10/2019

Total pros who work to make your wedding sound uniquely you!

Matt with Mike Staff Production was the best vendor to work with, period. From his initial call to the last song of the night. Matt made us feel relaxed, comfortable and confident that the music he played would be exactly what we were looking for. We received so many compliments from friends and family about the music. They shared a wide range of positive comments about Matt, particularly about how approachable and kind he was when guests were making requests. All of the staff I spoke with in the months leading up to the wedding were equally as wonderful. I cannot recommend this DJ service enough.

Sent on 12/08/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Rachel, this review IS AWESOME! The fact that our company and DJ Matt stood our to you as the 'best vendor to work with' for your wedding makes our YEAR! Those feelings you mentioned; relaxed, comfortable and confident, is EXACTLY how we want all of our couples to feel during the biggest day of their life. Our team doesn't want you worrying about a thing. We also love hearing how you guests loved DJ Matt, too! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding & we're glad we were able to provide such a memorable experience. Have a great 1st Christmas as a married couple!

Emily · Married on 10/19/2019

Best Photographers/DJs/Videographers Around!

We used Mike Staff Productions for 2 Photographers, a DJ, a Videographer and Uplighting for our 10/19/19 wedding and were blown away with the entire company!

Initially, we went to the Troy, MI location to meet with Erik and go through our options for packages/people. I thought it was great to watch the videos because we could really see each personality and find someone who matched our needs.

Then, we originally booked a package that we later upgraded to include more extras we loved. We really appreciated the online portal that showed our balances and break down of each service. It was great that I could make payments on a random sunday night or whenever I wanted without hassle.

We met our first photographer Mary for our engagement shoot about a year before our wedding. We brought our dog to be a part of the photo shoot and Mary was so patient and kind to my friend/dog handler and my dog. My husband and I are not super into being the center of attention, but Mary made us feel comfortable and took really cute photos!

We loved the idea of having a vendor that manages so many items because they all knew each other, worked really well together and we were able to pay for everything and be organized with it all in one place. We spoke to all of our vendors the week of the wedding and they went through the timeline and gave us some really smart suggestions. Everything ran really smoothly and we were impressed with how personalized everything felt.

Thank you so much to Erik for answering all my ten-thousand questions I emailed over, to Mary and Christine for being amazing photographers, Chris L for being a fun DJ, Michelle for capturing our Video, and to everyone else involved on the back end!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

WOW, Emily! You took our teams breath away with this incredible review. Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed account of what it was like working with your wedding DJ, photographers and videographer from Mike Staff Productions. Sounds like you selected the perfect contractors to be a part of your day. Speaking of that, we love hearing how much enjoyed the booking process and that YOU got to choose who you worked with. Oh & trust me when I tell you, Erik didn't mind the 10 thousand emails you sent him :-) hehe You had what we like to call the Team Approach. Three vendors from one company — that know each other, have worked together, all with massive amounts of experience at your wedding venue. We know you will cherish your photos and videos for a lifetime. We were honored to be a part of your day at Cherry Creek!
  • Laura

Laura Harding · Married on 10/12/2019

Adam is the BEST DJ

Adam was the MOST amazing DJ that I have ever experienced at a wedding. He surpassed our expectations in every way. He kept our wedding on schedule while making perfect announcements, playing spot-on songs, taking great requests, and keeping out guests dancing all night. He was punctual, friendly, and professional. He played all of the songs that we requested at just the right time. The dance floor never thinned and he read our music taste perfectly. Words can't do justice to how fantastic and professional he was. He is truly talented and anybody would be incredibly lucky to have him as their wedding DJ!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

This review ROCKS, Laura! Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed account of your experience with DJ Adam. He is super talented and we're thrilled to hear he made your wedding reception so memorable. Sounds like you selected the perfect DJ to emcee your wedding & we were honored to be a part of it. We passed along your kind words to Adam. Thank you!
  • F

Fernanda · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing Photographer and Videographer services

The experience with Mike Staff was great from beginning to end. From the first meeting till the post-wedding stuff.. they were super atencious and professional. The people in the office are very nice and helpful through the process of choosing your professionals for your wedding day, making payments, pre-wedding planning, post-wedding music selections... they were great on everything! We hired 2 wedding photgraphers and a videographer. They arrived at the location for pre-wedding pictures on time (actually they were early). They gave us very good direction during the photo/video session. In the house we were getting ready they even moved stuff around to make sure we would have great pictures. On the phone conversation with Ilze, our main photographer, I explained to her the big problem I have about having my eyes closed in most pictures. She listened and made sure to check that she had good shots with my eyes open. She was also very efficient through formal family and romantic pictures to make sure we could have the pictures done within our short time frame ( a bit over 1 hour). She was very friendly and the pictures turned out amazing!!
    Tracy, our second photographer, also did an amazing job! She took great shots of the guys before the cerimony. I also loved how well she captured the details of the decoration in the reception venue.. the centerpieces, the guest book, the cake, the gift table... all the details we spend so much time planning but we barely get to enjoy during the wedding and now we can remember them forever through her pictures.
    Patruck was our videographer, he was also very nice, from the phone conversation till the end of the wedding. We still didn't receive our wedding video, but i am 100% sure it will be amazing just like everything that Mike Staff have done.

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Thank you SO much, Fernanda for taking the time to share your experience working with our company! Your kind words made getting back to work the Monday after a long holiday weekend AWESOME! We are thrilled to hear you a had a great experience from the initial booking process to the post wedding process! Our team does everything in their power to make sure no detail is missed! WE LOVE hearing that Ilze captured the details of your day so the memory of them will never fade! SUCH an important part of your day. Also, the fact that your told your wedding photographer how you tend to close your eyes is SO helpful because she knows to focus on the detail. Makes such a difference in the outcome. Honest, upfront communication between a couple and vendors always leads to quality results and we're so glad that is what you experienced. We were honored to be a part of your wedding. Happy Holidays :)
  • Fernanda

Fernanda · Married on 10/12/2019

100% reccommended !

• Melissa

Melissa Waldie · Married on 10/12/2019

The BEST Experience!

We absolutely LOVED our team and our decision to go with Mike Staff for DJ, photography, videography, and lighting!! We initially walked in to discuss DJ services only, and we quickly realized that combining all of our services with them would make the day that much smoother. Our AMAZING team of DJ Joe, photographers Mary and Britney, and videographer Daniel worked together really well and were extremely flexible when the day hit some snags and got behind schedule (which I was assured, always happens). Mary was also fantastic with our engagement shoot, wonderful with our children, and got some of the most amazing pictures on the wedding day!! I just cannot say enough good things about everyone we worked with, both the day of, and in the office. They really worked together to make the day go smoothly and answer all of our questions, and we have absolutely LOVED the results!! I don't think you will regret hiring these guys, because they are FANTASTIC!! We could not have asked for a better team!!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Melissa, your kind words made us SO HAPPY! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Joe, Mary, Britney and Daniel - you did have one hell of a team! It makes SUCH a difference when you have an entire crew of professional vendors (who know each other) working TOGETHER with one common goal = to make your wedding the best day possible! We're thrilled to hear that's what you experienced. We stand by our Team Approach. Not only does it make planning easier (and cheaper) it just gives you peace of mind! 1 contract, 4 services! Your wedding was stunning and we were honored to be a part of your day. Thank you.
  • Kendra

Kendra Bergmann · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing DJ experience!

We hired Sydney as a DJ from Mike Staff Productions for our wedding day. From day 1 everyone was extremely professional and had a quick response rate with email and phone. On the day of our wedding, Sydney was very attentive to our needs and went above and beyond to make sure that things were going well throughout the reception. The dance floor was always packed and we could not have been happier with our experience!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Sydney is such an incredible DJ! We're so lucky to have her as a member of our team and we're beyond thrilled you thought she was the perfect fit for your wedding. Sounds like Sydney helped create some awesome dance floor memories - on top of making sure your reception flowed smoothly! That's so important! It was an honor working with you. Thank you for trusting Mike Staff Productions!

Sara Blonde · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing!

Perfect! They captured everything and more!! Highly recommend!!!!!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

THANK YOU, Sara! We so appreciate the 5 stars, the recommendation and you taking time to leave a review. Means so much to us that we were able to capture your memories. It was an honor being a part of your wedding day.
  • Nicole

Nicole Johnson · Married on 09/13/2019

DJ and Lighting were perfect!

DJ Kevin J. was amazing! He helped us find the right music when we weren't sure what we wanted. Kept the night on schedule which I'm grateful for since we tended to lose track. We are so happy we chose Kevin. 10/10 Would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

Kevin is a ROCKSTAR, Nicole and clearly he proved to you how much he loves what he does at your wedding! :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Our wedding DJs are there to guide & lead as much as needed. It's all about keeping your guests having fun and your night on time. We can't thank you enough for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day.
  • Susan

Susan Nussbaum · Married on 08/31/2019

We loved our DJ and photographer!

We used Mike Staff for our DJ and photographer and we were very happy with both! They offered a bundled price which we appreciated and they were easy and helpful to communicate with leading up to the wedding. DJ Dave called us the Monday before the wedding to go over the timeline and what music we wanted. We also sent him a Spotify playlist of ideas and he incorporated some of our songs into the playlist for the event. We thought he used a great mix of fast and slow songs and his transitions between songs were great. Many of our guests told us how much they were enjoying the music. We would highly recommend using Mike Staff!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Mike Staff Productions's reply:

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience with us, Susan! Sounds like DJ Dave was a perfect fit for your wedding. We love the fact that the Monday call left you feeling prepared and stress free. It's so great when you can work with your wedding DJ to make sure the night is a reflection of the two of you! Thank you so much for allowing us to capture your wedding photos and pack your dance floor. It was our honor. We can't thank you enough.