Mike Jones Entertainment and Events Reviews

169 Reviews for Mike Jones Entertainment and Events

• Nicole

Nicole M. · Getting married on 03/03/2023

Brought the House Down

What can I say about how awesome Mike is? Well he is awesome!! He was not only our DJ but also our officiant! We wouldn't trust many people to do both but he did and did both to perfection. He was extremely helpful and creative during my planning process.He also made it easy with a handy dandy music app. He helped me surprise my Dad during our first dance with a recording of me saying how amazing my dad is. Literally brought the place to tears and created the most special moment for us. Mike also helped me to create the most perfect Photo Booth experience and surprised us with copies of everyone's silly photos in the sweetest photobook. He brought the house down with his skills and ended our night with the perfect song. I could not recommend him more!!!

Sent on 04/09/2021
  • Lauren

Lauren C. · Getting married on 01/02/2022

Our Wedding Day

Mike Jones is seriously the best vendor I have ever worked with. We hired him to create a slideshow, DJ and provide mics at our rehearsal dinner & for our wedding day! Not only is he always punctual in responding, he has the best music, interacts with the crowd & truly made it a party that all of our guests are still raving about! The slideshow he created was beautiful & every time I needed him to change something last minute or needing anything, he was there for me. I truly loved our planning sessions as well because he is not only a vendor but also treats you as a friend. Best DJ ever, truly! I would recommend Mike Jones to any and everyone for their special day.

Sent on 03/02/2021

Skip N. · Married on 05/08/2021

He was fantastic! Very accommodating and made some suggestions ( that we took) and made all the difference in the world. Great time by alll.

Mike Jones was fantastic! Very professional, accommodating and had terrific advice to create the best experience and environment for my daughters wedding! To my surprise, he overdubbed my daughters testimonial about growing up with me to my song I picked. She didn’t know the song I chose and I was clueless about the overdub? It was so beautiful and passionate! As the father of the bride, it made my night! And apparently everyone else’s too. Not a dry eye in the place. I think Mike even shed a tear. He definitely became a part of our family that night and we are forever grateful to him. I would highly recommend him and dare to say you’d make a big mistake if you didn’t.
    That’s how good he was!

Sent on 05/10/2021

Mike Jones Entertainment and Events's reply:

Skip, again...it was indeed an honor to get to know as many as I could during the celebration. Kenya and Michael are a fantastic couple, and I told them to promise me to keep in touch. Thank you for making me feel like part of the family. We always want to bring the emotion for the memories to live for a lifetime...one step further. Your song selection and her voice were perfect!
  • Rebekah

Rebekah S. · Married on 04/12/2021

Made the day perfect!

I have known for 11 years that I wanted Mike as my DJ/MC since he did an awesome job at my sister's wedding back in 2008. I didn't even look around for any other possibilities. You can tell he truly cares abut his clients and will do anything for them. He was great with communication before the wedding even when I wasn't the best at getting back to him. He is extremely accommodating and did as much as he could for us so we wouldn't stress too much. I wanted a DJ/MC that would make the reception a party where everyone was dancing and having fun. That is exactly what I got. So many people came up to me afterwards and said this was the best wedding ever. Mike is the reason it was so great and I am forever thankful!

Mike Jones Entertainment and Events's reply:

Rebekah, Thank You so much for having me. When you first asked me...I was beyond honored. What an incredible reunion to see the family. Audrey and I want to come back to North Carolina to have dinner with you and Nick!

Kristen S. · Married on 04/10/2021

We loved mike!

We're so happy and thankful to of had Mike Jones Entertainment as our DJ/MC for our wedding day. It is so evident that Mike truly loves what he does and being a part of any couple's special day! He was so wonderful (and so helpful) to work with during the planning stages of our ceremony and reception music. Everything was flawless! Bill was our DJ/MC and we cannot say enough kind words about how great and professional he was on our wedding day! Literally everyone was on the dance floor, even my husband's grandmothers did not want to leave the dance floor or stop dancing! We would highly recommend using Mike for a one-of-a kind entertainment experience! :)

Sent on 04/27/2021

Kenneth G. · Married on 04/09/2021

Mike is the best wedding DJ out there!

We found Mike as he was hired to work our friend's wedding a while back and he made a great impression on us. I'm so glad we went with Mike, he was very easy to work with and the guy is just a true professional. You can really tell he loves his job. We had two areas for our wedding and we used Mike's setup for the ceremony and the reception dance floor with no hiccups whatsoever. He is very good at reading the crowd and our dance floor was filled for pretty much the entire reception (which was perfect for us)!

He also offers a photobooth with awesome props if you are looking for that.... and he gave us a book with all of the photo strips from the wedding.

We recommend DJ Mike Jones to anyone who will listen!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Mike Jones Entertainment and Events's reply:

Kenneth, to you and Jessica...I am forever thankful for the kind words. Especially these... "We had two areas for our wedding and we used Mike's setup for the ceremony and the reception dance floor with no hiccups whatsoever" We always love when you can relax knowing that your day is to be enjoyed by you, your friends, and family. Please keep in touch!
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 04/03/2021

Mike Jones is the best of the best! He really took the time to get to know my husband and I. He listened to our wishes and preferences and provided input and suggestions on how to make our night perfect. He delivered on all of his promises-- our night was everything we envisioned! We told him we wanted a big celebration with lots of hype and dancing intermingled with tender moments that reflected the love we have for each other and towards our family and friends. He has even become a special part of our lives and we cherish his friendship!

Sent on 01/24/2014

Lauren P. · Married on 03/12/2021

So much fun!

I hired Mike as the DJ for my wedding back in December and he kept the party going! He totally caught on to the vibe we were going for during the coctail hour, dinner, and dancing! We were also looking for someone who could introduce people, and direct the crowd- which he did great with!

Mike Jones Entertainment and Events's reply:

Lauren, Thank you and Rafael for having us. I am still looking at the pictures from the reception. They are absolutely stunning and fun to look at every time I see them. Audrey and I wish you the very best and hope to see you in the near future!!!
  • Kara

Kara D. · Married on 02/27/2021

10 Stars Out of 5!!

If you want a 10 Star entertainment service on a 5 Star scale, HIRE MIKE JONES! Mike is very professional and interested in learning about the couple and their expectations of their wedding day. He felt like more of a friend than just a business transaction and went well above and beyond meeting our expectations. We hired Mike Jones Entertainment for DJ, Photo Booth, and Uplighting services and could not have been more pleased with all. Great communicator, great app to download where you can load and get recommendations for various playlists for each part of your wedding and reception, and even went the extra mile to mix in an old recording of me and my dad singing together when I was five years old into our Father/Daughter dance song as a surprise. It was so touching and special. The photobooth was fun and professional and my guests really had a great time. There are also several other surprise touches that he includes that make hiring him and his team the best choice for anyone looking to hire the best entertainment for their big day. THANK YOU, MIKE JONES AND TEAM!!

Sent on 05/05/2021

Britt S. · Married on 11/11/2020

Dancing' the night away

I don’t write reviews a lot, but Mike Jones is truly worth a shout out! Right when we hired him, he met my mom and I for coffee to discuss our hopes and desires for the big day, and so we could get to know each other. It’s such an important day, and you want to know/like EVERYONE who is there! Mike is so sweet, very easy to talk to, and very knowledgeable about what he does. He has an easy to use app that you get to upload songs to so he can guide the music section to your liking, but also is great at reading the room and seeing what gets the crowd going! He took time in the evenings for Facetime “meetings” with my spouse and I before hand so that we were all on the same page before the big day! He worked closely with our wedding coordinator too so that everyone had the same vision. He is great, and I highly recommend Mike Jones for your DJ and entertainment needs. This is an incredibly important day, I get that, and they..get that!! You will be in good hands! Best wishes!!!!!

Sent on 01/26/2020

Mike Jones Entertainment and Events's reply:

Brittany, it means a lot that you did review me and thank you for this incredible shout out! I miss our meetings and talking about how we can make your day even better. I will always remember the 2 words you used to describe on one the things I did regarding the customization of a song... "You're Magic" That meant so much to me. I thank you and Jay very much for the opportunity. When me and the Mrs. heads to Florida...we will have to drop by an say hello!
  • Ashley

Ashley G. · Married on 11/07/2020

All the feels!

I am not sure where to even begin- except that you and your guests will not be disappointed! I had the pleasure of working professionally with Mike for over 5 years and knew that I wanted him to be a part of my husband and I's perfect day! Mike is one of the most professional, knowledgeable, prepared and likeable guys you will ever meet! He is highly organized (which all bride's need!), very responsive and seriously the best at what he does! He went out of his way to meet me just a few weeks prior to the wedding to make it one of the most memorable ones anyone has been to! Mike offered the idea of my husband and I recording sperate, short notes of my voice for the father/daughter dance and my hubs voice for the groom/mother dance. Mike was able to take our recordings and meticulously insert our messages into the song and swept everyone off their feet- not one dry eye in the room! All of our guest have talked about how great of a DJ we had - from his stellar voice to his amazing set up that played some awesome music videos! Our wedding was all about making the best memories and having an absolute blast with our family and friends so we didn't just book Mike, we also got his photo booth! Talk about some good times! We now have a phenomenal book signed by all our loved ones, right next to their wild and goofy photos! If I could give Mike a 5 million star rating, I would! Everything went perfect!

Sent on 11/30/2020
  • savannah

Savannah · Married on 10/24/2020

Absolutely Perfect

Mike was amazing!!! Everyone stayed on the dancefloor the entire reception. I was specific on my walk into the ceremony and he nailed it! He was able to put our engagement photos on the screen and it was a perfect addition!!!!!

Sent on 08/29/2020

Liz M. · Married on 09/07/2020

Best DJ Ever!

Mike Jones hands down is the Best! He is truly living out his passion and mission in life.
    Mike is very responsive and professional. We were overwhelmed thinking about coordinating all of the songs for the ceremony and reception before meeting Mike. Mike uses a music app you are able to share with guests. The music app allows you and your guests to choose your favorite songs and also recommends songs if you’re not sure of what to choose. This allows Mike to get a good idea of your style when creating your customized playlist. He’s mindful of who’s in the audience listening and makes sure all enjoy dancing the night away. Matt’s grandmother and aunt weren’t able to attend and we were so bummed. Mike came up with the idea for Matt’s grandmother and aunt to call and leave him a voicemail he could then edit and play at the reception. This was priceless!!! It was a such a kind gesture and we are grateful. Mike feels like a part of our family and was a true blessing on our wedding day! It’s a no brainer, Mike Jones is the DJ you want on your wedding day!

Sent on 09/25/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel C. · Married on 09/05/2020

All Around Excellent

MJEAE was amazing to work with! Not only are they personable and easy to communicate with, but when dealing with rescheduling because of COVID-19 they were beyond understanding! There is no other company I would recommend!

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Yasmeen

Yasmeen · Married on 08/01/2020

The PERFECT DJ for a Bride!

Mike is such a sweetheart! It isn't everyday that you come across such a kind, compassionate and caring person who genuinely aims to please. He has gone above and beyond to make me feel comfortable on my wedding day. He did an excellent job at hosting my wedding and getting the party started! The fact that he managed to throw such a great party during the pandemic is miraculous! Mike is very detail oriented, kind and knows how to get the crowd to have a great time! So many compliments on my wedding and I know I owe so much of it to Mike.

Sent on 08/31/2020

Shannon F. · Married on 07/04/2020

Beyond the Mic with Mike!

Mike Jones and his company are class acts in every way. When you consider hiring your professional DJ for your day his team and company should top your list! Mike has state of the art equipment, is beyond professional, always approachable and always has your BACK! He creatively combines music for all generations making sure the entire guest list is considered and has a knack for getting everyone on the dancefloor and keeping them there! He consistently goes above and beyond what is expected for your day customizing experiences for each couple! He is always making sure all the t's and i's are dotted and is just a nice genuine guy. He has been in the business for years and is a wealth of knowledge as well giving professional and honest feedback. His booming voice, timing and professional guidance makes him a favorite at our venue and with our brides. From a company who sees a lot of professional DJ's - We consistently make Mike is always our "Go To Guy!"

Sent on 04/07/2020

Mike Jones Entertainment and Events's reply:

Shannon, like I said before...I am truly blessed by you and your staff to be entrusted to your clients. This review has made me realize even more today how important it is to network and not just be there for our clients but, our professional vendors/partners and well! Thank you..."Your Go To Guy"
  • Ansley

Ansley A. · Married on 04/11/2020

Love love love!

I loved loved loved working with Mike Jones Entertainment! They were super organized, very professional, kept the night moving - essentially, everything that you could ask for, they did it. They were quick to respond to questions during the planning stage too. I would highly recommend anyone use them for your event. You won't regret it.

• Asia

Asia L. · Married on 04/01/2020

Mje the best dj!

Mike jones! who?! Mike Jones! Relatively everyone at our wedding was in their early 30s or ladder 20s so the name was a “HIT” for sure! Besides the name being a hit, Mike was amazing! He played the songs we wanted and I know from previous bride friends that’s hard to find. Some djs have a set wedding list they like to stick to. I was referred to Mike Jones from another DJ who was unavailable and I’m very happy with the referral! Mike worked with me through a Wedding postponing when Covid caused the national shutdown and he was so understanding as the days finally led up to the new date of the wedding. “I was a bit of slacker” due to postponed wedding Covid blues and participating in online school. If I could do it all over again I would go straight to Mike Jones Entertainment! I had friends and family for weeks tell me how much fun they had and I know most of that was Mike’s doing for sure!!

Sent on 11/23/2020

Meredith T. · Married on 12/21/2019

Mike jones is incredible!

You NEED Mike Jones as your DJ! Not only is he an awesome DJ, but he ensures your wedding day runs smoothly from the beginning of the ceremony to the end of the night. The sound and music for the ceremony were absolutely perfect, and the songs and transitions during the reception were wonderful. He is very professional while also being upbeat and a good time, and he goes out of his way to ensure your wedding is one your guests won't forget. He actually CREATED the song that my wedding party and I entered into the ceremony to (he took a longer song, shortened it, moved some parts around) until it was exactly what I wanted. He even had the idea of recording a sweet message from me to be played prior to the father/daughter dance as a surprise for my dad. He goes above and beyond, to say the least. In addition to his talent as a DJ, he keeps the latest technology to provide the best service to his couples. His DJ stand has a huge screen on it that can display a slideshow of pictures, a personalized design of your names - whatever you want, he can do it. He has incredible uplighting options that can be used during your day, as well. I can't say enough about Mike! Mike even introduced us to his wife, Audrey Jones of Georgia TLC Events, who happened to have been a life saver to us during the wedding planning process. They're the BEST duo to include in your big day!!

Daniel S. · Married on 12/10/2019

GROOMS - Read this Review!

I feel like there are a lot of Bride reviews, but if you're anything like me and my wife - as the groom, I was heavily invested in getting the right DJ that would work for us (mostly me, while my wife-to-be was working diligently with the other vendors), and our guests. As a self-professed music connoisseur (haha), I personally wanted to hand select specific songs to be played throughout the day, but also didn't know where to start, or how to best organize my thoughts and preferences. Mike Jones made this extremely easy, personal, and always provided excellent feedback (based off of his vast experience, as well as his knowledge from being a certified wedding planner, too). The easily accessible processes he has in place to basically 'fill in the blank' on song selections and suggestions were revolutionary. The planning leading up to the Wedding was impeccable, and just when we thought it couldn't get any better, he executed his job flawlessly on rehearsal and wedding day. He was able to adapt to unique circumstances (such as providing clear audio during the ceremony for the officiant, singer, and pianist), and take the initiative with our wedding planner during points of friction. For the reception (which is the most important thing), he read the dance floor perfectly, in a way that satisfied everyone from all different generations (and even different countries) throughout the night. He went out of his way to make cuts to songs for the father-daughter, mother-son, and first dance in order to accommodate for time limits and choreography. In certain unplanned situations, Mike just said and did the right things that either got the 'crowd' laughing or just focused on what was at hand. I am not sure what else I can say to another couple about him to convince them that Mike Jones is worth every penny - an upright man, a square deal, on the level. So many things from the day of our wedding were so memorable and meaningful, yet, the number one thing I keep hearing from our guests afterwards is how great DJ Mike (and his radio announcer voice) was! Mike wasn't just our DJ - he became and integral teammate in making our wedding the best day of my life, and I am forever grateful.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Mike Jones Entertainment and Events's reply:

Daniel, Thank you so much for these kind words. It doesn't take a lot to be emotional because of being in the moment of a very special day. It is what I love and it shows in your pictures. I love when the groom appreciates everything of what it takes to make the day great that I am truly humbled. I love the fact that you and Ali new what you wanted and still gave me latitude to create the moment based on your information. Your family and friends are incredible and that's just as important to the celebration. I am glad that not only that I have made many friends that evening but, friends that become family! I wish you both the very best in the next chapter in life as husband and wife. Please stay in touch and THANK YOU for your service and Ali...thank you for your support!

Kirby R. · Married on 11/09/2019

Mike Jones Entertainment

Throughout the planning process Mike was very easy to reach and organized each time we talked with him. He used an application that allowed us to build out our music and style preferences. From that framework he did a nice job of making the day come together just as we planned. He brought energy, professionalism and felt like a part of the family.

Sent on 04/10/2020
  • Elise

Elise B. · Married on 11/02/2019

Best dj!

Mike was absolutely incredible. He really cares about making the playlist specific to the client and is so on top of everything. From the ceremony to the last dance, every transition was so smooth. The dance floor was never empty, he kept the party going the whole night. He also has the coolest photo booth set up, and it was a hit!! He's incredibly kind and easy to work with. So glad we found Mike!!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2019

Your DJ search ends here!

WOW! All I can say.
    Mike is incredible. He is kind, funny and so easy to work with. We did not have to worry about a thing! We got married 2 weeks ago and I still have people messaging me saying how much fun they had, how they have never seen such a packed dance floor and even asking if we will share the playlist! Everyone had a blast!
    Mike also provided the photo booth + props and holy cow- SO much fun! If you are wondering if you need a photo booth- YOU DO. Even my grumpiest coworker took several pictures and loved it- lol!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Hannah · Married on 10/25/2019

best decision we made, be vendor we had!

Mike was the BEST decision we made..... he made the wedding process so much easier. He really cares about his couples, and he will do anything to make them happy and help in anyway! we want to get married all over again just so we can use mike again!

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/21/2019

Best DJ Ever

I have been to a lot of weddings and none had the dance floor going like ours. Mike was awesome!!!! He played great music, catered to the crowd, and really made the dance floor the place to be!

Mike shows he personally cares about the bride and groom and was wonderful to work with! He gave great suggestions for ceremony and first dance songs. His site was also user friendly and a great way to organize music. 11/10 stars! I can not recommend Mike enough! He is the best DJ I have ever seen!

Sent on 09/24/2019