Mike Hiatt Media Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • Monica
    Monica T. Getting married on 03/06/2022

Dynamic Duo!

I cannot even put into words how amazing Mike and Jess are. Our video turned out beyond PERFECT and they captured our day so beautifully! Mike and Jess are lovely people and they were so fun to work with. You can tell they love what they do and the excitement they bring is contagious. We virtually met a little before our wedding to get to know each other a little better! We got married during June 27, 2020 and our original plan was a big wedding in Sisters, OR. About a month before the wedding, we changed the location to a smaller wedding in Southern Oregon. Mike and Jess were so flexible and were willing to work with us through the change and we are so grateful they did. We could not be happier that we got the chance to work with Mike and Jess- they are a dynamic duo! This video is extra special to us because it will be what we share with all our family and friends that could not make it to our COVID wedding. We are so grateful for you guys and the beautiful job you did!

You better believe we will be recommending them to everyone we know!
    Trina B. Married on 10/18/2020

10/10!!! Fabulous and fun!

10/10!!! We loved working with Mike and Jess!
  • Celena
    Celena C. Married on 07/11/2020

Mike & Jess are the best!

Mike & Jess are fantastic! Not only are they immensely professional and ridiculously great at their jobs, they make the day fun and reduce stress. You can trust them to get all the right shots and produce an incredible memory for you to enjoy for years to come. Even before COVID and reducing our people count by over 200, we knew we wanted to capture our day on video. But we are so thankful we get to share our day with all those who couldn't be there in person now because of this wonderful team.
  • Alexis
    Alexis G. Married on 01/04/2020

Hire them!

These guys are so freaking rad! And not to mention talented.

To be honest they were instrumental in planning our big day. Jess and I go way back, so she knows me (not much has changed) and she helped me assemble a team of the most amazing vendors to capture and produce our big day. Let alone they are FUN to work with and keep everyone smiling and laughing all day.

The way Mike and Jess work together and with the subject (us) and the other vendors is so professional and smooth, you hardly realize your in front of a camera or freezing your butt off in the snow!

We’re so thankful we got to work with Mike and Jess to capture our big day so we can revisit for years to come ♥️
  • Hayley
    Hayley Married on 09/21/2019

THE Best!!!

If you’re trying to find the absolute BEST, this is them! I first got to see Mike and Jess in action at my best friends wedding & was beyond excited to call them when my husband proposed.

Their attention to detail, creative eye & high quality of work, are topped with straight up amazing personalities. When you think about working with a vendor on the most important day of your life, you want them to be awesome. Mike & Jess are exactly that. They seamlessly fit into your day while keeping it stress free and fun.

Their communication is excellent, they make the planning process easy and post wedding they continue to wow you.

Above all though- their ability to capture the love & moments shared, & create something we can relive for years to come, THAT is the best gift we could have ever asked for. Thank you Mike & Jess ♥️

Honestly can’t say enough amazing things about them. We have nothing but love for these guys and if you want the best, it’s them.

Here’s our highlight 😍
    Summer Married on 07/27/2019

If we could give 10 stars!!!

Mike and Jess are some of the most amazing people you will ever meet! Not only are they creative and professional, they are fun, humble and the most down to earth people you will ever meet! My husband and I feel like they are now part of our family! If you haven't already done so go check out their website and just watch some of the highlight videos. Our day went by in the blink of an eye and I can honestly say that I am so thankful that we chose them to capture one of our most precious moments. I would pay ten times over for what they created for us. We knew it was going to be good based off of the samples we saw on their website but we had no idea how amazing it would be until we received our own! If there is one piece of advice I could give to a bride and groom it would be to use Mike and Jess. Hands down 10 stars!! We love you guys!!
    Brenda H. Married on 07/20/2019

Oregon Cliff Wedding

I could not recommend Mike Hiatt Media enough. Their work is incredible, it captures your special day in a way that allows you to revisit it whenever you like as the years pass and it’ll take you right back to that feeling. I feel like the videographer is always the one people might decide against because of finances and I’m here to tell you.... that is so flawed, it’s honestly one of the most important!!! You only have these special moments ONCE, document, document!! Mike Hiatt’s art is incredible, one of kind and him and his wife are the coolest people you’ll meet! Highly recommended!
  • Taliesin
    Taliesin S. Married on 04/05/2019

We loved mike hiatt media!

Where do we even begin?! By far the best videographer in the business! While we did not find Mike Hiatt media through a recommendation from our venue, he came at the great recommendations of our photographer and wedding planner, and we are so glad! Mike and Jess Hiatt were instant friends from the first time meeting them. From the very beginning we knew we met friends that we will have long after our wedding. You can feel how much they love life and love what they do. They are truly a dynamic duo and their work is wonderful!

Mike and Jess showed up early and stayed late on our wedding day and we are so grateful to them! They captured so many small details and beautiful moments while getting ready. During the ceremony they had perfect sound and had great angles throughout. With our golden hour session and reception they had so much fun getting in on the action that they truly felt like guests and not like vendors. Mike even brought out his drone to grab some truly amazing shots that otherwise could not be captured.

Mike and Jess work so well with our other vendors to showcase their work as well and they worked complementary with our photographer. It was such a breeze having them as our videographers and they produced an amazing video for us to watch over and over again. Their creative vision in the moment translates to a beautiful video of our day. Mike even takes the extra step to send a personal touch with his final product and it means so much to have that personal connection with someone so important for the big day.

Thank you, Mike and Jess! You truly made our day special and provided us with a gift that we can look back on year after year to remind ourselves how wonderful our day was. Congratulations to your baby girl, Parker! We look forward to meeting her the next time we are in your neighborhood!

With love,

Eric and Taliesin

Mike Hiatt Media's reply:

You two are making us blush! Thank you so much Taliesin for the glowing review. Thank you for having the most perfect wedding day, you make our job easy and we love you!!
    Hayley O. Married on 11/10/2018

Beyond Amazing

Mike and Jess are beyond amazing to work with! The beautiful wedding videos they created for us capture the day perfectly. I would and have encouraged every couple I know getting married to use them! I can't express how much I value their work and the memories they helped capture.
    Michaela P. Married on 09/29/2018

Best Videographer EVER

Mike and Jess are so easy going, fun and professional! They made the whole process so comfortable. And they your wedding video and highlight reel back to you so quickly!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Experience & Great Friends :)

Mike and Jess did an absolutely AMAZING job!! Not only did we meet up for drinks months before our wedding to get to know each other and ask questions, but they were so personable from the beginning. We had a destination wedding, but they made us always feel at ease with their constant communication and always making sure we were in the loop.

The day of our wedding, they were prompt, set up, super professional, and everything ran very smoothly. I didn't even notice the drone (which I heard would be loud...but it wasn't at all!), and some of my favorite shots were the overhead views of Sunriver.

We now feel like we have amazing friends in Oregon, and our wedding highlight video is just so special. Amazing quality, gorgeous shots, super friendly couple...it doesn't get any better! Highly highly recommend! :) Thank you Mike and Jess!!
  • Ellen
    Ellen Married on 09/15/2018

Absolutely amazing!!!

Mike and Jess are absolutions amazing! We even consider them our friends now :) They had done two of my best friends weddings and afterimg seeing their videos, I knew I had to have them as my videoagrapher for my wedding! They are the most rad couple and they make the experience so fun and extremely comfortable. Not to mention our video was everything and more! Their music choice and editing skills are phenameninal. Every video is so elegant and beautiful, and so fun and exciting! Oh, did I mention they have a bad a** drone they use to get the most amazing footage!?they are seriously the best, we highly recommend Mike and Jess
    Danica K. Married on 08/26/2018

This sweet couple will exceed all of your expectations!

NEVER, never skip out on a wedding video!! Months later we are reliving our day and seeing new details and moments from our day every time. Mike Hiatt Media captured every element of our wedding perfectly. From our vows, to the decor to the guests laughing and dancing throughout the night - they seriously caught ALL of it!

ALWAYS, always hire Mike and his wife Jess! They were so easy to work with, from booking them to the actual day. Mike gave the best direction and Jess was there to fix my train and my hair through out the ENTIRE day.

Plus Mike and Jess are the absolutely sweetest people on the planet. They added so much joy to our wedding day (and all the years to come when we watch our video) we can never thank them enough.

Hire these guys, you will not regret it!!!!

Jenni Married on 08/19/2018

Better than we ever imagined!

We are so happy we hired Mike and Jess for our wedding! They came highly recommended by our photographer, we had a destination wedding and they made long distance planning easy! Most friends told us, “skip the video and save money” and that we’d only watch it once.. we are so happy we didn’t listen! We have these amazing memories from our wedding day we will cherish forever, they captured our guests doing a choreographed dance we totally missed, moments we forgot, and facial expressions from guests were priceless and hilarious ! We are making it a tradition to watch every anniversary and our friends and family loved it, especially those who couldn’t make it. Mike and Jess exceeded our expectations! Our venue was glorious and they really highlighted the beauty of Mt Hood; guests going down the alpine slide (editing out the falls) and us dancing in the mountains! Our guests loved them! They were so professional and made sure we got all the footage we wanted, especially appreciated Jess helping to fix my hair and veil for the best shots! I highly recommend! Thanks again Mike and Jess!
    Jennifer Married on 06/29/2018
    Working with Mike and Jess for our wedding was an absolute dream! They captured our day so beautifully, such that we will be able to relive it for years to come every time we watch the video. On top of being incredibly talented you can tell they are extremely passionate about what they do which comes through in their work. Also they are a ton of fun! I was a little nervous about having a camera follow us around all day but they fit into our wedding day seamlessly and we ended up becoming fast friends. I cannot recommend Mike Hiatt Media enough and I hope to get the opportunity to work with them again in the future!
    Lori Married on 04/19/2018
    I can not even explain how incredible Mike and Jessica are. They truly captured every memory and feeling I had on my wedding day in its truest form. I still cry every time I watch the video, and I share the video with anyone who is willing to watch it. I was blown away by the work that they did.
    Mike Hiatt Media was my favorite part of my wedding day. They truly hold a special place in my heart.
    Shelbi Married on 02/24/2018
    No words can begin to explain how much we loved working with Mike Hiatt Media for your wedding video! Mike and his wife Jess were absolutely AMAZING and went above an beyond our dreams in every aspect possible! From the coordination beforehand ensuring they knew exactly what we were looking for, to the day of where they brought such a sense of calmness and professionalism, to the delivery day that came so quickly in the sweetest and most beautiful package, we were blown away. Mike and Jess are truly incredible at what they do and their passion is so clear. Hiring them was our best decision we made, because now we can relive our special day over and over again! If you are considering hiring a videographer, DO IT and LOOK NO FURTHER!
    Janae Married on 02/10/2018
    What is the most treasured thing from our wedding day? Our video!! It's true what they say- your wedding day goes by in a blink. Before we knew it my dress was packed up and in the back of my closet, and friends and family had all left, and we were back at work. Watching our wedding video and being able to reminisce was such a special treasure! I know a lot of couples who forgo videos because of cost, but let me tell you why Mike and Jess Hiatt are some of my favorite people ever.

Our wedding video looks like it straight out of a fairytale. We got married in Bend in February (brr!) but from our video it looks like a warm summer's day! They captured EVERY detail. My husband and I were watching it (on repeat) and kept saying "oh yeah!! remember that!? Oh, that looked so good! Damn, look at how foxy we are!!" The swooping panning shots (forgive my unofficial videographer terms) were just swoon worthy and looked oh-so professional. Not to mention the whole video compilation was just PERFECT. Everything was timed to a T and the music just turned me into a giant sob fest.

Mike and Jess definitely know their stuff. They even flow a drone over our first look and ceremony site- what an AMAZING way to capture the day. They followed us around to capture all the really special moments, but didn't make us feel intruded upon. Jess offered me a La Croix (because no one likes a dehydrated bride) and Mike was cracking jokes and helping my husband's nerves in front of the camera. They didn't treat our wedding like a paycheck, they treated it like a celebration of love and they were happy to be there.

Honestly, our day was made better by having this amazing videographer duo, and we have this INCREDIBLE treasure that we watch on repeat and will keep forever.

If you're on the fence as to whether or not to hire a videographer team, contact Mike and Jess- you won't regret it!
    Emily Married on 12/31/2017
    I grew up down the street from Mike, and when he did my friends wedding I had asked if he would consider doing mine in Seattle before I was even engaged, and they were totally down :) Him and his wife Jessica were AMAZING to work with. Super flexible with absolutely everything! We did a NYE wedding so the ceremony was later in the evening at 6pm and went until 1am, I couldn't remember how long I hired him for and they just said that they were done but wanted to get our grand exit... well I had never really told anyone to setup the fog machines for that, and they graciously volunteered! I even saw in my pictures that his wife was helping light candles during the room flip from ceremony to reception... seriously can't recommend this duo enough. They made such a huge difference in the overall smoothness of our day, and my video is flipping EPIC. If you are still looking for your videographer, look no further - Mike and Jess are the best.
    Karissa Married on 09/16/2017
    Mike was very accommodating and very precise in his work. He is extremely detail oriented and made sure to make our videos absolutely incredible for our ceremony and reception. The response time via phone call, text, or email was a very short wait. He always made it to our vendor meetings and engaged in email thread before our wedding. For our engagement story, Mike captured the highlights of my husband's and my emotions, as well as the words that were the most meaningful. He knows exactly what to cut out and what to leave in. Our guests were very impressed with the drone coverage during the video. We would use Mike again, and we know others won't regret making him the videographer for their event.
    Ashley Married on 08/26/2017
    Mike and Jessica with Mike Hiatt Media are INCREDIBLE and an absolute joy to work with! They are the kind of people you want around on your special day! It was amazing to see that they captured every special moment I could imagine in our wedding video!! I couldn't imagine a sweeter team to work with and their professionalism, flexibility and of course quality of service were TOP NOTCH.