Mike Farmer Entertainment Reviews

22 | San Diego, CA

22 Reviews for Mike Farmer Entertainment

22 Mike Farmer Entertainment Reviews

Alexandra · Married on 06/23/2018

DJ Mike Farmer is THE BEST. To sum it up, days and weeks after our wedding we had many of our guests telling us how great our DJ was. He kept the dance floor going non-stop for over 3 hours, and had people of all ages out there dancing until their feet hurt. His song choices, music transitions, announcing, timeline, humor, professionalism - all of it was perfect and made our wedding even better. He even edited our first dance song for us and coordinated a surprise last-minute song with our Best Man. I will recommended Mike to all of my friends and suggest you book him while he is available!

Kristina · Married on 05/19/2018

Mike was extremely responsive to all emails and inquiries I sent him. We looked up quite a few DJs and found that Mike's reviews and prices were right in line with what we wanted. We gave him a few songs that needed to be played for certain things during the reception and then basically said, any 90's, 2000's, and today's hits will do otherwise. He played the best music that everyone was up and dancing to with the little direction we gave him. I highly recommend going with Mike!

Jerod · Married on 03/04/2017

Mike did an amazing job from start to finish. It's been over a month since the wedding, and I'm still receiving calls/texts from friends and family about what a great time they had and what a great playlist/DJ we had for the event. Mike does a great job in sensing the audience, and he has a knack for knowing when to speak up and when to just let the music play. One additional note--early in the event there was some technical difficulty (not on Mike, it was our venue), and thanks to spare equipment Mike had brought along, it really "saved" the sound quality for the reception. I'd give him 6 stars if I could for that kind of foresight.

Mike was super helpful, professional and very nice to work with. We only had three months to plan our wedding so we didn't have time to choose every single son , so we left it up to Mike (we just chose our first dance song). Every song he chose was perfect and he let our guests to choose certain songs during the reception. He also made us a monogram which turned out very lovely.

Victoria · Married on 04/25/2016

Would you like a DJ who understand your do not play list, can respond to the crowd, and keeps everything running smoothly the whole night? Then Mike Farmer is EASILY your best choice.

We had a very eclectic music selection and he found a way to work all of it into the reception. He kept the night flowing smoothly and was never on the mic for too long (a big peeve of mine). He is so easy to talk to and all our meetings and phone conversations pre-wedding made me feel incredibly at ease about him and his work. Our guests are still raving about our amazing DJ and it's over a month after the wedding!

taira · Married on 04/15/2016

Mike is so very friendly and accommodating. My brother used him for his wedding and we just loved him and had to use him for ours! he played all different types of music to get everyone up on the dance floor and kept them there.

Maegan · Married on 03/19/2016

Mike was amazing from beginning to end. He was always available to answer any questions as we were customizing our song list. He got everyone up on the dance floor and we are still hearing about how fun our wedding was. He was also our MC and had all the guest laughing as he introduced the toast, garter/bouquet toss etc..One couple said they wished they had booked him for their wedding! Thank you Mike! Wish I could give you 100 out of 100

Our wedding reception was a blast because of our DJ, Mike. Everyone was dancing all night long! Working with Mike was so stress free. He was very easy to get in touch with, prompt with emails and contracts, and he was everything we wanted in our DJ! All the songs we requested, he played. He also played all the songs that our guests were requesting. We recommend Mike for any event that you need an amazing DJ for.

Sally · Married on 10/18/2014

Such an awesome DJ! He is a great entertainer and very professional! He was very thorough before the wedding to make sure he had all our requests for the big day. The big day was flawless and a lot of that was thanks to him to make sure everything flowed together. People were dancing the whole night! I highly recommend him for your wedding!

Lisa · Married on 09/26/2014

Mike provided all the music for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He was professional and responsive from the start which gave us confidence he would be a great person to work with during the process. He had great communication and he was quick to answer any questions we had at any time. He provided a sample request list that helped us sort out the music selection for every stage of our wedding day.

He has been in the business for a long time so he knows what he's doing, no surprises. He helped the whole day flow and he kept everyone on the dance floor until the last song. So many of our guests mentioned how much fun they had at the wedding and I know Mike had a lot to do with it! We are so happy we went with him for our wedding and we would recommend him to any future bride & grooms looking for a reliable guy who is going to keep the party going all night long! Thanks Mike!

Janelle · Married on 02/28/2014

When I asked my 92 year-old grandmother about her favorite moments of our recent wedding, she replied "the food and that DJ!"

The DJ, of course, was Mike Farmer. From the moment that we first met Mike, we were confident that he was going to provide a wonderful wedding experience for our guests. Mike has been in the business for a long time and his professionalism was obvious to us throughout the process.

Mike played a variety of genres for us throughout the event (classical during cocktails, jazz/oldies during dinner and pop/hip-hop/contemporary during the main dancing). He provided us with a "suggestions" playlist for all kinds of different musical varieties. After we sent him our list of preferred songs, he was very attentive to making sure that they were all played.

Regarding communication, Mike was always responsive and I emailed him frequently. About a day before the wedding, he sent us a "good luck" email and reminded us that he'd be happy to make any last minute changes to the playlist.

All that being said, I'd have to agree with my grandmother. Mike was one of the best and most integral parts of wedding not only for his playlist selections but for setting a fun and relaxed tone for our guests.

Mike, thank you so much for everything!!!

Jessie · Married on 10/13/2013

We hired Mike to DJ our wedding, and he was great! We found him via independent research and reviews like these, and he was also referred to us by our photographer. As this had become a destination wedding for us, we arranged everything over e-mail and phone call. It was a very easy and smooth process! I also feel that he is very reasonably priced.

Mike did a fantastic job for us. We hired him to both provide ceremony sound and to DJ the reception. It was great because Mike brings a separate sound system for the ceremony, which means the reception sound system is all set-up and playing some light music when guests made their way over for cocktail hour! We had him mic my husband in addition to the officiant, and the sound quality and coverage was top notch. No sound problems whatsoever! (I used to do theater so I’m familiar with how such issues can pop up when you mix people and sound systems, hehe.)

When the reception came around, Mike was super on top of it. Mike is a pro, and he handled every cue for the evening’s festivities perfectly! We didn’t have a hard partying crowd – that is to say, we had lots of older family and like 25% young children - but Mike still did a great job of tailoring the music to the crowd and the mood, while including the music and styles I had discussed with him beforehand. That’s another thing – Mike really listened to and internalized my requests; he even went above and beyond to track down a certain song version through his network of contacts, unprompted! It was great.

Mike was wonderful, and we are so happy he was a part of our wedding. I highly recommend him to other brides, grooms, and event planners!

• F

Aja · Married on 06/29/2011

We found Mike online and were impressed by the reviews we read, so we hired him as our DJ for our destination wedding on a yacht. Mike was so patient with me (the bride!) as I went through the pains of coordinating a destination wedding. He was extremely flexible and all around awesome. During our reception, he timed the playing of our first dance song perfectly, as requested. He honored our requests for "must play" songs, and "do not play" songs. When my party began to die an hour before the conclusion of the reception, he magically got everyone dancing again and ended the night with a bang. He was very professional... funny at the right times and not the least bit cheesy. He is a dream to work with. You can't go wrong with Mike!

Cristina · Married on 05/01/2011

We were actually recommended to Mike Farmer by three different people that did not know each other, (not on internet) nor attending any event/wedding together. So I pretty much already knew that he would be great and that I was going to book him immediately for my wedding on 5/1/2011. I am so glad that I did!!

Mike was such a professional DJ and so accommodating to us and our wedding guests. ALL of my guests (even my 91 year old great aunt) were dancing and having a spectacular time. Mike was not the cheesy DJ who goes around with games and such to get people on the dance floor. (I don’t know maybe his is if you want him to be! LOL) But we did not. He had precisely the right amount of interaction and just staying out of the light.
    My guests even commented to me what a great DJ he was and how much fun they had. We of course had a great time as well. Thanks Mike!

Brad · Married on 10/17/2010

We just had Mike Farmer DJ our wedding on October 17th (yesterday)! I had to jump online to give Mike 5 stars (I wish i could give out 10 stars!). He was a perfect MC, keeping the reception moving and making sure our guests had fun. From cocktail hour to grand entrance to first dance to cake cutting to bouquet toss to garter toss to last dance to exiting - THERE'S A TON TO MANAGE AND MIKE DID IT PERFECTLY! He got people dancing with great energy and music selection. There was never a lull during our entire 6 hour reception.

Mike was also really helpful during the planning process, and was totally attentive to our needs. He is a total pro!

Brad · Married on 06/30/2010

Mike is an excellent wedding MC/DJ and he was a great find for us. He was referred to us by our venue and we are glad that we came to meet him in San Diego. He is very familiar with the Northern San Diego/Riverside County area. Mike was very professional with us, and he asked us about our musical interests and background. He was able to provide us a with a great selection of music, and he was willing to work with us to create our reception soundtrack. We were really impressed with Mike's charisma, professionalism and his ability to manage our fast-moving reception. He came to our event well ahead of time and was set-up and ready before our ceremony. Nothing was left to the last minute, and he was able to be flexible with us as the wedding day rolled on. It was great to have him on our team and we would recommend him without hesitation to other couples getting married.

Kelly · Married on 02/10/2001

Perfection!! Played the exact music we asked for, took requests from guests, and was an outstanding emcee. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

agnes · Married on 06/27/2013

Mike was awesome. He worked with me flexibly. I picked out the major moment songs and gave him song list of the type of music we liked. He played it elegantly and incorporated fun into the event for the kids and guests. He was pleasant, professional, excellent, experienced. He reallyed helped create our desired feel for our wedding.

Mike was great! We went into looking for a DJ that had the following:
    Understood our taste in music...check!
    Had a great presence (MC voice) without being too "wedding DJ cheesy"...check!
    Could get our guests out on the floor to shake it and have a good time....CHECK!
    Mike really did a great job and we are PICKY about music/DJs.

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/08/2011

Our venue recommended Mike, so we met up with him and loved him right away! He was easy to work with, flexible, and very accomodating to any requests we had. We even decided to do some last minute things (like remix our first dance) and my husband's dad asked for some request the day of the wedding to beef up his speech. It was perfect! He listened to everything we asked, and was upbeat and positive- even when there was a huge power outage! We definitely recommend him.

Alyssa · Married on 06/26/2010

Mike was great! He's very easy going and flexible, as well as very friendly. The music sounded great, and he does a very nice job announcing! The only thing we would have had done differently is to only play each song once, rather than multiple times in a short timeframe!

• Kate

Kate · Married on 09/18/2009

Mike is such a nice guy and did an exceptional job at our reception. He introduced our wedding party without making one mistake or hesitation. He also sounds like a normal guy and not a cheesy game show host. He MC'd the wedding like a pro. He was very reasonably priced and even gave us a great deal on up lighting which I think is a must for any evening wedding. The only thing I would suggest to the next bride is to give him a specific list of songs you want to hear at the reception. He played the songs a bit too long for our taste, but our guests were very happy with the music. That's really all that mattered. He's a great guy who will work with you in any way he can to make your wedding special.