Mike Danen Photography + Cinema Reviews

43 Reviews for Mike Danen Photography + Cinema

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Suzy

Suzy Kargianis · Married on 01/05/2019

We are so happy with our Wedding Photographs!

Mike and his team are the best! We love the beauty and artistry of our wedding photographs, and our wedding video is super fun to watch. I literally wept with joy when I first saw all my photographs. I never feel good in front of the camera, but Mike helped me relax, and I was overjoyed at how I looked in the portraits. Definitely the best pictures I have ever taken. We were married in Monterey, and Mike knows all the best locations for beautiful, dramatic photographs. He also provided a big, beautiful, heavy wedding album that is a work of art. Truly a family heirloom. If you are getting married in Monterey or Carmel, you can’t find a better wedding photographer than Mike Danen!

• Gina

Gina · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding day captured PERFECTLY

We talked to several Monterey-based photographers and Mike's reputation and work stood out. He was highly rated on all of the wedding sites and his website was a great tool to see all of his work.

After contacting Mike and talking with him on the phone, it was a simple process to find the right photo package for our wedding day. He also made it VERY easy when we wanted to add video later. We had several phone calls leading up to the wedding where Mike walked us through his process and how he was going to capture our big day. He also was very open to our ideas and was able to suggest options for us.

On the wedding day, Mike and his team were on time, and got to work right away documenting the bride and groom teams getting ready. Even though there was travel between the church and the reception, Mike didn't miss a beat. Mike and his team were very respectful and fun throughout the entire day.

About a month after our wedding, we received a flash drive with 1,200 pictures. Mike and his team captured the day perfectly, taking a mix of candid action shots and posed photos. He used the beauty of the church and the Monterey Plaza to their full potential.

The video came a few weeks after the pictures, Mike edited an eight minute highlight reel, then put together the ceremony and the reception in bigger chunks. The video has a lot of heart - it perfectly captured the love and the emotion of the day.

kelly · Married on 07/07/2018

Wow, Mike Danen is an amazing photographer! We are so happy with all of our wedding photographs, they are absolutely gorgeous! He also provided a wedding video, and it is so fun to watch. We get to relive the sounds as well as the sights. Our wedding album is a truly fine art book. The printing and binding are so elegant, and it's also very sturdy. Mike was a pleasure to work with, every step of the way. He was so attentive, and really listened to us. On our wedding day, he was so calm, and fun to have with us. He really helped me enjoy my day. I think he's the best!

Jenny · Married on 05/26/2018

Mike is a fabulous photographer! He’s also very sweet, and easy to work with. I am so happy with all of my wedding photographs, and he also made me a beautiful wedding film!

Marla · Married on 02/03/2018

This is a LONG overdue post to rave about how amazing Mike Danen and the rest of his team are!

If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Mike and his team are true professionals and are so much fun to work with! We had Mike's team make us a video, as well as do photography, for our wedding day, and also provide a photo booth. The quality of work and the images Mike captured that you have for a lifetime do not compare to other photographers in the Monterey area. My wedding book is absolutely beautiful, and he also made us some canvas prints for our home. He was our favorite vendor, and I cannot recommend him more highly!

Katherine Romero · Married on 01/20/2018

We are so happy!!!

The photos are stunning. Mike did a fabulous job - if you can get him, do not hesitate!! He is by far the most talented, amazing and easy-to-work-with photographer in the area. He'll make you feel comfortable in front of the camera with his fun, easygoing style.

Sally Nichols · Married on 01/19/2018

The best photographer in Northern California

I did a lot of research to find my wedding photographer, and I am so glad that I found Mike- he is the best! I am so happy with all of my wedding photographs! He is such a nice guy, and very easy to work with. His work is very creative, and artistic. He is one of the best photographers in Northern California.

Melissa · Married on 08/15/2015

Mike & his team did an amazing job! From our engagement photos to the wedding rehearsal, ceremony & reception- Mike and his team are very professional and respectful. The photos turned out better than we could have ever hoped for and our videos are absolutely amazing! Mike was always on time, friendly and a great photographer. He captured moments in our wedding we did not even realize until we saw the photos & videos afterwards. He got the photos and video to us soooo quickly- within weeks of our wedding. Our wedding was large but Mike and his team was able to capture everything and beyond. He got every photo I gave him on our shotlist! I would definitely recommend Mike to anyone for any event. He is absolutely amazing.

Mike was such a joy. He was easy to communicate and work with. He made sure he did not impose while taking photos. I was so happy when Mike got our photos back to us quickly! We are so happy to have chosen Mike to capture our special day!

• Y

Yvette · Married on 05/09/2015

Mike was great to work with. He was very responsive and organized. His packages were reasonably priced. On the day of the wedding, Mike and his assistant captured everything so well. He listened to our requests and delivered. We are happy with this professionalism and services (photography and wedding album).

Jennifer · Married on 04/12/2015

Mike was our wedding photographer and also shot our ‘Trash the Dress’ session the day after. We booked him after reading reviews and chatting via phone, since we were planning from a distance. He was very responsive to all e-mail requests and arrived earlier than expected on our wedding day. He and his assistant did a great job and were pretty ‘invisible’ throughout the day. He took a ton of photos! I love love the details shots (one of the reasons I liked his work) of the dress, shoes, rings, etc. And the candid shots of our wedding guests (and us) were wonderful too. I had a long list of shots I wanted of the day and he was sure to capture as many as possible. Our Trash the Dress photos came out amazing too! Would highly recommend him for your wedding!

Rebecca · Married on 12/13/2014

We love Mike. We love his style. We love the images he created for us. We love how he made us feel. We love that he also came to our rehearsal dinner, and even traveled up to Stanford (where my husband and I met 20+ years ago) to do an engagement session with us. He brought along a second photographer (I can't stress enough how important the second photographer is - she captured beautiful images from different angles, at unsuspecting moments, and behind the scenes shots that you can't get with just one photographer). The two of them kept us at ease, laughing and enjoying every part of the day. The results are stunning. We are waiting on the formal album that he is creating for us, and I can't wait to see it!

Jenifer · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I can't say thank you enough to Mike Danen and his team for the beautiful job they did capturing our wedding day at The Perry House.

He was very approachable from the beginning to the end and easy to work with. He was prompt at returning emails and really put our mind at ease. We had looked at over a dozen photographers but none had the same attention to detail, experience and sheer passion for their work. His prices are incredibly competitive for the area and his turn around time is amazing. We had our wedding photos fully edited in less than two weeks!

Our photos turned out amazing and will be an extraordinary keepsake for years to come! He really captured all the little details that made the day special. It was also nice working with someone who had shot at the venue before and had some great insight into where to get the perfect shots!

For anyone getting married in the area, we really can't recommend him and his team enough. Nothing but great things to say!

Jenifer & Beau

Abby · Married on 06/28/2014

Mike Danen did such a great job for us. While some vendors do a good job, it can still be a grind to work with them, Mike was never once a worry for us. Our pictures look wonderful and we got soo many from Mike. They were very clear and in focus pictures, and not that instagrammed type look or messy blurred backgrounds from being focused wrong.

He really seems to enjoy his work, we found a number of pictures from guests that happened to have him in them and every time he had a smile on his face. He was extremely patient with us and really a calming presence when we felt like we were running late. He also made sure we made it to our ceremony on time and stuck to our timeline.

We looked at a couple dozen photographers and no one could match the quality, experience, and packages that he offered. He had a second photographer who also was equally talented and friendly. She took some great up close and detailed photos of our rings and other elements of our wedding. We also loved seeing close up pictures of nearly every guest and pretty much everyone had people with their eyes open and were flattering. I don't know how he got so many shots, because he pretty much felt invisible at the wedding. Lastly, he returned all of our photos to us in just a few weeks.

Super professional, easy to work with, responsive, good prices, nice pics and fast delivery, definitely check him out.

I LOVE my wedding photos! Mike did a great job and was a pleasure to have at our wedding. He did a wonderful job on our formal photos, as well as photographing the guests and decorations of our wedding. He was very professional and courteous. My friends loved being able to see my photos in the online gallery.

sammy · Married on 10/12/2013

Mike is an amazing photographer! My husband and I had him as the photographer for our wedding in Santa Cruz, CA in October 2013. The photographs were absolutely beautiful! He was so kind and generous throughout the entire process. The photo book we received is absolutely stunning. He did such great work!!

Thank you so much Mike! My husband and I have pictures that will bring back out beautiful wedding memories always and forever!

Debra · Married on 07/13/2013

If you want a photographer who will take your ideas for photos along with bringing his own creativity to the day, Mike is the photographer that you need! He captured beautifully the day from start to finish with such professionalism. We now have the special moments captured, thanks to Mike!

Mike was a delight to work with. He was always on time and very professional. We truly loved all our engagement and wedding shots! We loved him so much that we are hiring him again for our religious ceremony this coming December!

Thank you Mike!

Danitza and Heriberto

Liz · Married on 06/29/2013

My wife and I LOVE our engagement and wedding photos taken by Mike Danen. He was able to really capture the love and excitement in the air between my partner and I and all of our guests. We had the Photo Booth at the wedding which really provided some great moments and excellent shots. We love looking at those pictures, our only regret was that we (my wife and I) were not able to get into the photo booth before it was taken down :( but other than that NO regrets :).
    Mike brought a team of photographers with him to our wedding and we could not have been happier! They caught moments with our guests that we missed, so thank you Mike and team!
    Overall, we are truly happy with all of our images and can't wait to book Mike for the next chapter in our lives......baby ;)

Katie · Married on 06/22/2013

We chose Mike because he had a calm, laid back attitude, a beautiful portfolio, and very reasonable rates (especially for the amount of experience he has). We were not disappointed. Our wedding photos are GORGEOUS! Plus, he really captured the whole event and all of our guests. We have the bridal portraits and portraits of our families and wedding party, but in addition we have so many great candid shots of our friends and family and pictures of special moments. As an added bonus, all our guests said (and I agree) that we didn't even notice him taking pictures. He was so unobtrusive, but he captured everything beautifully. We had other photographers try to tell us how our day should go and what kind of pictures THEY thought we should have. Mike never did that. He took the formal shots we wanted, and then just quietly went about documenting our day like the total PRO that he is.

Kay · Married on 05/11/2013

I would look no further, if you are in the market for a wedding photographer. Mike Danen is your guy! We interviewed several carefully selected photographers for our daughter's wedding in San Francisco this month. It was obvious to us at the end of the process, Mike Danen, was the obvious choice. Our bride and groom picked a beautiful venue at the Grace Cathedral and University Club. Mike captured every detail of the day with professionalism, hard-work and unobtrusive style. He listens extremely well to your wants, delivers what you ask for plus much more and communicates with you promptly and clearly. He is well worth the investment, because at the end of the day, it is your photographs that remain to enjoy and relive the moments. Do NOT skimp here! He will be your best investment!

Monica · Married on 11/24/2012

What can I say, I am absolutely thrilled with my wedding pictures, and my gorgeous album! Mike was delightful to work with, and is super talented. He was always responsive and provided great customer service. He exceeded my expectations in every way.

Vince & Monica · Married on 10/27/2012

Mike Danen is an outstanding photographer on all levels! Punctual, Professional, Creative, Patient and organized! We first met with Mike in Santa Cruz to discuss possibly using his services for our wedding. He was patient (stayed with us for 2 hours), thorough, brought a variety of engagement & wedding albums for us to view and answered all the questions we had.

We were so happy and honored that we chose Mike as our photographer. He definitely did not disappoint and went above and beyond what we envisioned for our wedding. Mike is so creative with staging and setting up shots as well as worked around all our crazy family members that kept getting in the way with their cameras. He directed our bridal party with ease and we had 21 in our group! Throughout the evening our parents dragged him around to take photos with friends and family and it went smoothly. Mike seemed to always be in the right place waiting for the right moment to capture the right shot. Mike Danen gets 10 stars from us and we would highly recommend his services to family and friends!

Diana · Married on 10/07/2012

Mike is a fantastic photographer and just an all around nice person. I usually take horrible pictures, but Mike has a very laid back personality that made me feel very comfortable with him. :) If you want a great photographer who take great shots, makes people feel comfortable, and is just a great person to work with, I HIGHLY recommend Mike!

Brandi · Married on 08/18/2012

My entire experience with Mike has been excellent in every way. From the first time we met and he showed me his beautiful albums and wedding films, it has truly been a pleasure working with him. Whenever I needed something, or had a question, he got back to me promptly. On my wedding day, he was like a member of the family. Totally a calming presence when I was super nervous. He made me feel comfortable, and made everything go smoothly. My wedding pictures are unbelievably beautiful and artistic. He captured so many things that I missed in the rush of the day. All of my family and friends were so impressed with him, and loved the photographs. I highly recommend him!!!