Midway Village Museum Reviews

29 | Rockford, IL

29 Reviews for Midway Village Museum

• Private User

Melissa · Getting married on 10/10/2020

The barn is beautiful! The price is really reasonable and includes setup and take down of chairs and tables. Perfect for a rustic/country themed wedding.

Sent on 09/14/2015
  • Melissa

Melissa Piotrowski · Married on 11/09/2019

So happy we chose Midway Village!

Our wedding and ceremony were held at Midway Village on November 9, 2019. Lisa was wonderful to work with and very accommodating- we live near Chicago and they allowed us to rent the space for a small fee the day before the wedding as well, so that we could set up and decorate early. We weren't sure if the weather was going to cooperate, so we had an outdoor spot AND an indoor location available just in case it was cold/rainy (or snowing!) Our reception was held in the 1905 Barn which had plenty of space for our 110 guests. The bar and DJ were set up on the lower level and dinner was upstairs. It was so beautiful, minimal decor is needed because the barn has so much character on its own. I'm so happy we chose Midway Village, I fell in love with the barn the moment we first viewed it and our guests all thought it was such a unique venue!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you Melissa! Your photos are beautiful!!! Congrats again and we wish you the very best!!
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Russell · Married on 11/01/2019

Russell wedding

Midway Village was an awesome venue! Our weather didn't really go as planned but they were great about moving us inside for our ceremony and helping guests get from the main building to the red barn for the reception! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

You are so sweet! What beautiful photos! Congrats again and thank you for allowing Midway Village to be part of your special day!

Alexa Hansen · Married on 10/18/2019

Surpassed my expectations!

Lisa was wonderful. The venue was perfect.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thanks Alexa. You two were so wonderful to work with! Many blessings to your family. What fun they are!
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely amazing

The price, the barn, the staff everything was perfect.

Sent on 11/15/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you Erica. We are so honored that you let us share in your most special day!!! Many, many blessings to you two. ;o)

April Walkington · Married on 09/20/2019

Amazing venue!

Exactly what we wanted! Perfect day.

Sent on 11/17/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you so much April for sharing your most important day with us! We wish you many blessings in the future!!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Earp · Married on 09/08/2019

Perfection!

In only 30 characters? Midway Village was beautiful and Lisa was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you Becca!!! Thank you for sharing your photos too. You look stunning!! Many, many blessings to you two!

Kelly · Married on 07/27/2019

Beautiful Venue, kind and attentive staff

This venue is an absolute gem! I cannot say enough about how positive our experience was in getting married at the Midway Village Museum this past July. In addition to getting married at the Midway, we took our engagement pictures there as well. They have multiple ceremony sites but we got married at the gazebo site. The garden near the gazebo was in bloom and stunning the day of our wedding. The historical buildings are simply charming and whimsical, it tied in perfectly with the look and vibe we were going for. The staff at the Midway were so accommodating and laid back. They were quick to respond, easy to talk to and patient with questions we had about the ceremony space, timing and on and on. We were able to easily set up times to view and tour the venue. All of this went a long way to put me at ease. They made our day easier, not more difficult, and that to me was priceless. Lisa is a breeze to work with. We had no issues whatsoever. They had the site set up as needed for our rehearsal and wedding day. Our wedding coordinator also had a positive experience working with Lisa. They have a gorgeous bridal suite to use for pictures and getting ready on site and were accommodating with special requests. This venue should be on your short list! Working with people that care about making it a good experience for you, makes all the difference in the world.

Sent on 08/04/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Awe thank you Kelly!! You two were so wonderful to work with!! It was great working with your planner, Jessa too. She was on top of everything which made everything a piece of cake for us to handle. We wish you guys the very best and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful photos!!!

Brenda Mengel · Married on 06/22/2019

Picture perfect

The venue was an amazing place for photos!! And the staff was great to work with!! Lisa went out of her way to help make everything perfect!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you so much Brenda! You were all wonderful to work with. So glad the day was beautiful. The photos are stunning!!!

Starr Lander · Married on 06/01/2019

Lisa Beardsworth was so very helpful and professional!

Lisa was fantastic and the Midway Village venue was perfect. I would highly recommend Lisa and the Village to anyone. Thank you for everything Lisa!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thanks so much Starr for trusting us with such an important day!! We are grateful for your business and hope you return soon!
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/04/2019

Lisa is THE BEST! We were booking from out of town and she made the process so easy and answered all of our questions so quickly. Unfortunately we had a surprise move prior to our wedding so we had to cancel. We are so sad because the venue is beautiful and Lisa was amazing! But even in canceling she was so helpful! Look no further than Midway Village! Thanks again Lisa!

Sent on 07/19/2018
  • Sheri

Sheri Adolph · Married on 11/24/2018

Amazing and super easy.

Working with Lisa was very easy. She made our wedding seamless. The communication was great, very responsive and she answered any and all our questions. The venue fit our needs perfectly. We would highly recommend Midway Village Museum for your next event.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you Sheri!! You were so great to work with and SOOOOO organized and creative!!! I loved seeing your decor in the Barn! Many blessings to you two!!

Jenna · Married on 06/30/2018

I had my event at Midway Village. It was very reasonably priced and unique-nothing else like it around here! Super helpful staff and a clean, easy parking venue.

Sent on 07/31/2018

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you so much Jenna! You were a beautiful bride!!! Your photos are stunning! Best of Luck!!!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/16/2018

We just got married this June at midway; ceremony at the gazebo and reception in the barn. Because midway is a small village of old buildings the photo opportunities are endless. Our photos were stunning and the colors were so vibrant! We rolled the dice with an outdoor ceremony but it worked out perfect. The barn doesn’t have air condition (yet) so it was really really hot and most people spent their time outside the barn. I was a little sad we didn’t spend a lot of time in the barn because it’s gorgeous, but the grounds are beautiful as well so it worked out just fine! My guest told me it was the hottest wedding but was one of the most stunning venues they had seen. We couldn’t do anything about the heat so we just went with it and everyone still had a blast! Lisa is now in charge of wedding events and I absolutely loved her! She was fantastic, gave me ideas I didn’t think about and got back to me quickly about all my little questions. I would highly recommend checking out midway for your wedding celebration. I wouldn’t trade my photos for any other place! Midway Village Museum works great for any budget!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Awe. Thanks Katie. You two were great to work with and we are honored that we got to be part of such a special day for you two! Best of luck to you and keep us in mind for any future events you may have!

Melinda · Married on 06/14/2014

We had our reception in the red barn. It's beautiful inside! Which made decorating a very simple task. We just decorated the tables and let the barn be it's own beauty! The price is extremely reasonable. We were so very happy with the way things went!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2012

This was a great place for our outdoor wedding. They have a gazebo that we used for the ceremony. they also have a church there for smaller weddings. It is a museum, but not like any other. It has buildings that make it look like it's from the past giving plenty of photo opps. You are able to rent the building across from the gazebo which is an old fashion hotel for the bride and her girls to get ready. It's also great because you can have your reception there as well so no one has to drive anywhere. If you have any out-of-towners there are plenty of hotels not to far as well.

Sent on 06/12/2012
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/19/2012

They were absolutely great! They were available to help me in anyway possible! They were very quick to respond back to my voicemails, and answered my questions to the fullest!

Sent on 07/27/2012
  • Bridget

Bridget Williams · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful, unique venue

Our wedding at Midway Village was absolutely beautiful! In terms of unique venues in the Rockford area, Midway Village absolutely cannot be beat. Our ceremony was in front of the gazebo with reception in the barn. I had several guests comment that this was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. The staff were super super helpful with so many things--planting extra flowers at our ceremony site, use of golf carts during setup and teardown, quick to bring and set up extra chairs or tables, etc. It was a bit nerve wracking waiting to see whether the weather would cooperate, but everything turned out perfectly and I'm so happy we chose this venue!! If your heart is calling you to have an outdoor ceremony like mine was, Midway is a wonderful venue.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you Bridget for the wonderful review. We are so grateful that you chose Midway Village for your most important day!!! You two were so easy going it was a pleasure to help!! Many blessings to you!
    Lisa B
  • Ashley

Ashley · Getting married on 10/10/2020

We absolutely loved Midway Village. The setting was gorgeous. We got married in the gazebo. They have a house across from it where they have a brides room upstairs all decorated victorian. We then had our reception in their vintage barn. Our guests loved it. Fran was fantastic to work with. We mostly e-mailed and she always got back to me right away. I even noticed some of them were sent in the evening and probably from her home. Anyway love,love, love this place.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Kate · Married on 05/30/2015

We used the Barn and the yard around it for our May wedding. The barn was beautiful and worked out perfectly. Simple yet beautiful. The permanent bathrooms and elevator made everything more pleasant for our guests! We got so many comments on the facility. I think it is a great value for the price.

Sent on 09/28/2015

3.5

Mary was initially a bit hard to get a hold of about some questions I had, but overall she was very good about working with me on what our needs are. The 1905 barn is beautiful, and perfect for a rustic themed wedding!

Sent on 02/16/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2005

3.5

I had my wedding reception inside at midway theater. Because I had it on a Tuesday night, Midway theater charged $50 an hour for a total of $400 for the reception. This was an exceptional price considering the many other places which charge a lot more. As the other lady said, the manager was sometimes hard to get a hold of. That being said, she usually returned my call within 2 or 3 days. I also kept calling until I received a response. My reception was gorgeous and incredibly affordable. Because of the price, I did not expect the kind of catering I would have received had I spent more. I didn't get catered to much but then I didn't have to pay exorbitant wedding reception prices either. All in all this was a terrific value. I did not have my wedding ceremony here.

Sent on 02/20/2009
  • Ashli

Ashli · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful, pleasant, beautiful!

We were so glad that we were able to have both the ceremony and reception at the same location with Midway Village. Although we originally wanted to have our wedding in the village a weekend later, the weekend we went with turned out wonderful; God has a plan for everything, and its a good thing we went for a weekend earlier or we would've had some nasty weather! The ceremony location (by the water wheel out front) was set up perfectly, and the reception in the Lakeview rooms was so simple to put together. Lisa (rentals manager) was fantastic to work with and very responsive. The location was beautiful for taking pictures, especially the village and by the lake. I think the only things that could've been done better were due to the timing of our set up (which we were allowed to do the day before the wedding) and a MV event that we didn't realize was happening - but everything worked out regardless. The venue was clean, staff was pleasant and accommodating. Thank you, Midway!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Midway Village Museum's reply:

Thank you Ashli for sharing your amazing photos and allowing us to celebrate your most important day with you!!! You were one of the most well organized brides I've ever worked with so kudos to you!! Thanks again!! We look forward to seeing you soon!
    Lisa B

3.2
      2.5
      2.5

The price can't be beat for a wedding venue. We had the chapel and barn. With the price of the barn, you get the whole day to set up, unlike some other venues around town. VERY difficult to get ahold of Fran, who takes care of booking and arrangements.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/26/2012

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

beautiful old little white church

Sent on 02/09/2013