Michelle Johnson Photography Reviews

Michelle Johnson Photography 5
Michelle Johnson Photography 6
Michelle Johnson Photography 7

Greg · Married on 05/23/2015

Michelle is an unbelievable photographer and a complete professional. She did an amazing job photographing and coordinating photos with the wedding party, family and friends. I highly recommend Michelle Johnson Photography to capture your wedding memories.

Sent on 12/23/2015

Juliana · Married on 12/20/2014

Michelle and her team were AMAZING! We had a very easy time transitioning from one shot to the next at our different locations. Michelle has a great charisma to her and a smile that simply makes it pleasant and great to do business with her.
    Our wedding pictures turned out amazing. Thank You Michelle and team!

Sent on 01/24/2015

Heather · Married on 09/27/2014

Michelle and Mark absolutely made our wedding day! MJP was referred to me by our wedding Coordinator Toni, and I am forever grateful to her. Michelle is an absolute dream to work with. She is professional and very easy to deal with on the business side. Her process is smooth and well thought out - she's quite simply a pro. And when it comes to the photos, there's nothing else to say other than WOW! Michelle and Mark captured moments on the day of our wedding that will live in our hearts forever. They totally understood us and enhanced the entire experience. If you have the chance to work with this stellar team, run, don't walk!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Kristy · Married on 08/23/2014

If you are searching for a photographer, look no further because Michelle Johnson Photography is it. We had the pleasure of having Michelle and Mark capture our wedding and are grateful to have found photographers for all of life’s special occasions. They’re also two of the nicest people you’ll ever come across.

From the very first meeting, we knew we were in good hands. Michelle and Mark are fun and energetic, down to earth, kind, and professional. They took the time to really get to know us, to collaborate with us, and they had a genuine vested interest in making sure our concerns were addressed and we got all of the photos we wanted. After our initial meeting and engagement session, we knew photography was going to be the least of our worries on our special day.

We were so impressed with their ability to blend into the day, their efficiency to keep things on track, and ability to keep family/wedding party engaged. They interact so well with all of the other vendors, coordinators, and guests. To this day we get compliments not only on how amazing our wedding photos turned out but on how funny and warm-hearted our wedding photographers were.

Michelle and Mark’s talent is self-evident in the work they produce. They have an impeccable eye for capturing details and moments that are otherwise lost in the whirlwind of the day. They created many, many priceless memories to cherish and share. We are beyond pleased with the quality of all of the photographs.

Myles (their son who is just as fun, kind, and professional) manages the retro photo booth, with props, which was an absolute hit with all of our guests.

After all is said and done, what’s really left are the photographs to look back on and Michelle Johnson Photography exceeded all expectations we had for capturing our wedding day. We highly recommend the extraordinary MJP team to anyone and everyone looking for professional photographers.

Sent on 11/26/2014

EMELIE · Married on 04/26/2014

I was recommended to Michelle by my coordinator Jackie Murphy of Weddings with Insight. By the end of our first meeting with Michelle, I knew that I wanted her to be our wedding photographer. I talked with Michelle for 2 hours which is quite long for a vendor interview, but it was GREAT! Michelle is so professional, yet warm and friendly. She responds quickly to texts and emails with any questions I had for her. What's great about this photography company is that it's a family business. Her husband Mark is her partner in crime, as well as her daughter (who I hear takes amazing photos); and I can't forget about her son who handles their photobooth for events. Michelle really does have an amazing team and family. Because of the tight budget I was on and the special recommendation from Jackie, Michelle contracted an amazing offer we could not refuse. It was everything I was looking for including engagement photos in The Bay with no travel fee charge. All I had to cover for them was flight and travel & food expenses around the city. It was a great deal I could not refuse.

The engagement shoot in San Francisco was so much fun! Michelle has this youthful energy that really comes out in her photos. At one point, we were shooting on Lombard Street, where the proposal happened, and Michelle gets into the plant and tree area and starts to shoot with her camera. It's so fun and refreshing to see a photographer in their element just shooting away and having a good time. It's really obvious that Michelle loves what she does. We all had an amazing photo shoot and it really came out in our photos.

It was such a pleasure to work with Michelle Johnson Photography. She even had our proofs ready just as we were settling in after our honeymoon. I couldn't have asked for a better photography company.

Sent on 05/18/2014

Shannon · Married on 01/24/2014

Michelle and Mark were fabulous from the first contact to ordering our albums and prints. They made our day worry free especially considering Michelle was the person who picked up on the timing of our outdoor ceremony and letting me know we needed to change the time otherwise we would be in the dark. They made everyone feel very comfortable and let you know they were there when they needed to but otherwise took pictures while we enjoyed the party. By the end of our day they became friends instead of just our photographers.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Samantha · Married on 11/15/2013

My husband and I were honored to have Team MJP and Morgan photographing our wedding. They truly take pride in all that they do. Big shout out to Morgan and the team for providing their creative work with capturing those priceless moments on our special day. I felt they were very professional, incredibly nice and truly helped our day go seamlessly. Not to mention, we were very impressed with the quality of our pictures and how they turned out which were top notch! They have provided exceptional service and I look forward to using their services again! :)

Maryl · Married on 11/09/2013

Michelle and Mark are a great team! They did our engagement and wedding photos and they all turned out fantastic! We have gotten so many compliments on our pictures and people asking who took them. Mark and his crew arrived early on our wedding day and captured very moment and detail from getting ready to the end of the night with everyone getting down on the dance floor. We had over 1,850 photos! Not one moment or angle was missed which is important to every bride. They are extremely professional, fun to work with and make the day very memorable. My husband hates taking pictures and they made it easy for him. He actually enjoyed taking the photos because they made him laugh and have a good time with it. I highly recommend them!

Ashley · Married on 11/09/2013

Michelle and Mark for Michelle Johnson Photpgraphy are the absolute BEST!!!!! I can't say enough about how they captured EVERYTHING on the best day of our lives!!!!! We are in LOVE with every single photo from both our engagement and wedding. If you need any pictures I would highly recommend Michelle Johnson Photography <3

Sent on 01/05/2014

JYLL · Married on 10/19/2013

Michelle Johnson Photography is a phenomenal wedding vendor. My husband and I had the privilege of having Michelle and Mark photograph our big day. For us, compatibility was a top priority when choosing our vendors. For our initial meeting, Michelle and Mark welcomed me into their home, showcased their portfolios, and made me feel at ease about the entire wedding preparation process. We meshed so well that we spent an entire 4 hours during our first consultation. I hired them on the spot!

On my wedding day, Michelle and Mark did an incredible job capturing the most intimate, candid and memorable shots a bride could ever ask for. Aside from their beautiful work, their professionalism is impeccable. They were punctual, extremely efficient, and above all SUPER FUN! My family and friends had an amazing time with Michelle and Mark. They're easy going, flexible, and so knowledgeable about their specialty. Honestly, they were the best decision I ever made for my wedding.

Most brides overlook the fact that they will be spending a large amount of their wedding day with their selected photographer. Make sure you choose one that fits your personality. You want to find a friend within the photographer you choose. For me, Michelle Johnson was it!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Christine · Married on 10/12/2013

My husband and I couldn't be happier having hired Michelle Johnson Photography for our engagement/wedding photos. Michelle and Mark not only made us feel so comfortable from our first meeting, but having looked at their photo books of their past work, simply put, their work is just gorgeous! Michelle is so sweet, professional, wonderful to work with, she's great with photo shoot suggestions, and her creative eye for photography is awesome! Mark, her husband, is equally awesome, he captured those special candid moments at the park for our engagement photos and was a delight to work with. Michelle was prompt getting my wedding album turned around from the photos, to layout, to finished product. Having just received my wedding album, I can tell you, that it brought more tears of happiness being able to relive our wedding day all over again. My husband and I will always treasure the special moments that were captured in photos. They are timeless, beautiful, and breathtaking. So glad my mom and I met both Michelle and Mark at a bridal show and that more importantly they had the date open to book for my wedding. I would definitely recommend Michelle Johnson Photography to anyone wanting beautiful pictures and great people to work with.

PS: Their photo booth was a hit at our wedding as well!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures and memories!

Mr. & Mrs. Joe Ramos

Sent on 02/13/2014

Krista · Married on 08/31/2013

Working with Michelle was the easiest part of my planning process and the wedding. She is prompt, responsive, and most important she has the best most upbeat personality! You can't not have fun and feel relaxed and confident in her presence! She is a true professional and her work product is so outstanding, you'll never think twice after choosing Michelle. Her photobooth is AWESOME and was the highlight of the reception for my guests. She was tremendously helpful to me with all wedding related questions I had, even those having nothing to do with photography. She's so creative and detail oriented, you can tell right away this is her passion. I will use her for any and every photography need I have in the future. She is honest and you will want her for a lifelong friend after working with her!!

Sent on 09/05/2013

Angela · Married on 07/20/2013

To me, the most important element of my wedding was my dress and the photographer. I knew how important pictures were after the wedding. I wanted someone who could capture the mood, setting, and overall feeling of the wedding. After all, after the event is all said and done, all you have to reflect on that day are memories and pictures.

After reading Michelle Johnson's blog and seeing the quality of her work, I knew I needed to book fast. Michelle Johnson Photography, as a team, was amazing. They communicated with me before, during, and after the whole wedding process. I knew what to expect because Michelle emailed me ahead of time with a plan, which I greatly appreciated!

On my wedding day, I felt completely relaxed knowing that MJP had a schedule and a plan they were following. The three MJP associates made me feel very comfortable because of their professionalism, work ethic, and friendliness. They made the whole picture experience very fun and enjoyable. The best part about MJP is that Michelle had my edited photos ready for me almost immediately. No sitting and waiting for months like some other companies. I had my photos ready before our first month anniversary.

I highly recommend Michelle Johnson Photography. My only advice to brides is to book them fast and do not hesitate! If you book with MJP, you are guaranteed great friendly service, and a beautiful collection of photos of your wedding day, that you can look back on and cherish forever.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Michelle was wonderful! My husband and I shot our engagement and Wedding photos with Michelle Johnson Photography and had the best experience! She made us feel comfortable and really captured our love. When we got the pictures from the engagement shoot we couldn't believe how amazing they were and could not wait for the Wedding! The Wedding pictures were BEAUTIFUL! Her ability to capture the mood of the event & and make the bride/Groom, Bridal Party & guests look so beautiful is impressive. It was a hot day and you would have never know, by the way the pictures turned out! Michelle is able to organized with a calm demeanor and gets great shots. As everyone knows, weddings can be a stressful day, and Michelle and her staff really made the day stress-free, not to mention, she has a great sense of humor which makes things a lot of fun! After the wedding when we got the pictures back we could not have been happier. They looked absolutely stunning! I'm so HAPPY with our wedding pictures and can't stop looking at them!

Sent on 08/14/2013

C. · Married on 05/25/2013

Michelle and her team were great to work with on the day of our wedding. Michelle was very easy to get in contact with and replied quickly to emails leading up to the wedding day. I am not super comfortable in front of a camera but Michelle did a good job making me feel relaxed and comfortable, she also provided lots of helpful instructions about where to stand, where to look, etc. During the ceremony and reception Michelle got great pictures while managing to blend into the background. Our pictures came out beautifully and were proofed and received much faster than I expected. If I need a photographer again, I would contact Michelle in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/16/2013

Leah · Married on 05/18/2013

MJP created the most memorable day for our friends and family..and of course, the beautiful bride & Groom. Setting expectations for our young couple, and providing a professional staff, her photography came to life and captured the love, laughs and every picture detail of the whole event. Our guest also enjoyed her vintage photo booth and props. Her confidence and artistic eye made everyone at ease and give any special couple my heartfelt recommendation.
    Leah Lucas, Mother of the Groom, Certified Wedding Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona

Sent on 08/19/2013

Ayrin · Married on 05/10/2013

My engagement and wedding photos turned out amazing because of Michelle and Mark Johnson! My now husband and I are not the most photogenic people, but Mark and Michelle made us feel so confident and comfortable that each and every photo turned out outstanding. Mark did an especially wonderful job with my four year old daughter Kloee during the wedding. Those particular pictures are some of the most precious ones I have and I can never thank them enough. If you are planning to take engagement and/or wedding photos and are in need of photographers who will truly capture the moments that mean the most, Michelle Johnson Photography is the perfect choice.

Caitlin · Married on 03/30/2013

Michelle was fantastic! She was extremely flexible and accommodating with our requests and is so upbeat. She made us feel very relaxed and comfortable. We would highly recommend Michelle Johnson Photography. Our pictures were amazing with some very unique shots! We are more than satisfied!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Courtney · Married on 03/15/2013

Working with Michelle Johnson was such an amazing experience. She was so much fun and made the process extremely easy and stress free! My photos can out very fast and they are fabulous!! My friends and family died when they saw them after I had posted then to Facebook. She is so creative and got all the important shots that I had stressed to her about the very first time we met! I can't wait to start having babies so she can photograph then as well!!! Thanks so much for all your help on my magical day Michelle!!!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Heather · Married on 03/09/2013

Michelle and her team provided excellent service for my wedding and our pictures are GORGEOUS! I get compliments all the time on how beautiful they turned out and there are so many great ones that I can't decide which to frame. If I chose all the ones that we love, our house would be all about our wedding and nothing else (smile).

I would fully recommend MJP for any event.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Christina · Married on 02/09/2013

Michelle and her husband were amazing! From the moment I met her I knew she was perfect. She has such enthusiasm and so much creativity. She was extremely talented, but in addition to that her personality shines. She made the whole experience so much more memorable. I have been in a million weddings and I am so blessed and honored she was able to photograph mine. I love Michelle and her work and would always recommend her professionalism to anyone!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Cristina · Married on 01/26/2013

Michelle and Mark were such a pleasure to work with. They took amazing engagement and wedding pictures for us. We were so lucky to have such great people capture all of our memories on our special day!!!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Tess · Married on 11/03/2012

This review is long overdue, but I had to add another 5 star review for MJP!

Michelle is seriously a joy to work with before, during, and after the wedding. I feel so lucky to have found her since I had searched for months to find a good photographer with the style I liked, but also in my budget. Once I saw some of her pictures, I fell in love. Even better, when we met her, she is genuine, kindhearted, and creative! She is experienced, comes prepared, and is full of fun ideas. We had a blast with Michelle during our engagement session. And on our wedding day, Michelle and Mark were amazing. Michelle remembered all of my photo requests, taking control of the timing and of family/friends for pictures, and made us feel so comfortable. My pictures are everything I wanted and so much more. If you are in Orange County or the Inland Empire, you will be lucky to have Michelle capture your day! You can tell that Michelle really enjoys her job, and her happiness is contagious. She also really cares about her clients.

One more thing, we chose the package that includes the wedding album (engagement session and also some canvases). I have never seen a more beautiful, professional album. Also, we got so many pictures, and each one is gorgeous. There is no doubt with MJP that you will definitely get amazing photos!

I can't say enough good things! I have already referred friends and family to MJP. I will be scheduling baby and family portraits with her in the future!! I can't wait to work with her and her team again!

Sent on 03/28/2014

Julie · Married on 10/20/2012

Michelle is an abslolutly AMAZING photographer and person. She makes you feel so comfortable and is very easy to work with! She will do anything and everything to make your special event memorable! Not to mention every single photo she snaps is fabulouse!! We just love her!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Agnes · Married on 09/29/2012

Michelle and Mark are the best people we have worked with. She got to know us very well so she can personalize the look of the photos and it was very well put together. We have even become friends! A good friend of mine recommended her and her photography turned out perfect. I would use her for all our photography needs! Thanks Michelle and Mark!

Sent on 10/01/2012