Michelle Arlotta Photography Reviews

84 | Milford, NJ

84 Reviews for Michelle Arlotta Photography

• Lauren

Lauren Lagasi · Married on 07/09/2020

The perfect photographer to tell your story

When trying to find a wedding photographer, we used our venue's IG feed as a resource. One day, we realized all the photos that stood out to us were coming from the same photographer - Michelle Arlotta. In particular, a photo she captured of a bride and her grandfather caught our attention - it was a beautiful, pure, un-staged moment. You could feel the emotion. That was exactly what we were looking for.
    Once we connected with Michelle over Skype, it sealed the deal for us. She listened to what we were looking for and offered great advice based on her extensive industry experience.
    And that was all before the pandemic hit. When we had to postpone our May 1 wedding, Michelle was responsive, transparent, and communicative as we worked through the details of selecting a new date. We couldn't have asked for a better partner in the process.
    And then, when we decided to still get officially married on our original May 1 date with just the two of us (due to restrictions on public gatherings), we asked Michelle if she would consider photographing the moment from a safe distance. Not only did she agree, she offered a location (her spacious property) and an officiant (her neighbor). None of our family could be with us, but the photos Michelle captured helped us share the story of the day with everyone we love. We are so grateful to Michelle for helping bring our vision to life and capturing it so beautifully. We can't wait to have her photograph all of our crazy friends and family whenever we get to have our big reception!

Sent on 06/01/2020
  • Adam

Adam Hadas · Married on 04/10/2020

Master of Candid and Authentic Moments

Michelle Arlotta is an all around fantastic human being. She is passionate about her craft and has spent over a decade in the wedding photography business. My wife and I found Michelle's work on instagram, and we were drawn to her ability to so uniquely and aptly capture the most delicate authentic moments. Michelle is truly a master of her craft. She is professional, courteous, thoughtful, considerate, and facilitates a very welcoming and comfortable environment in front of the camera. She conducts herself and her work with honesty and integrity. You would do well to consider her for your special event! Thank you, Michelle!

Sent on 11/16/2020
  • Katit

Katit Pires · Married on 11/01/2019

Beautiful photos

We booked Michelle for my November wedding at the Lake Mohawk Country Club in Sparta NJ and I couldn't be happier with our choice. I was looking for a light and bright style and photographer that embraced candids and the fun of a reception and Michelle really delivered. Of course she does an amazing job with bridal portraits and set family shots but what really differentiates her from other photographers is her ability to capture the little moments that make a wedding day so special. Everyone will tell you that your wedding day goes by too fast (so true!) and it is such a relief to have so many great pictures to help us remember the whole day. I had a large wedding, over 200 people, and I was originally nervous that Michelle would be the only photographer but she was EVERYWHERE. She did bring an assistant but still took almost all the photos herself and I don't think she missed a single moment. If you are looking for a photographer who captures bright colors, beautiful portraits, and amazing candids, you will not regret choosing Michelle Arlotta.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Kelly W · Married on 10/19/2019

Stunning Photos!

Michelle is an AMAZING photographer. Ever since my sister hired her for her wedding, and I saw her work, I knew I needed to hire her for my wedding. She is all about getting ‘in the moment’ shots which really allowed me and my husband to relive our favorite moments of our wedding. She gets to know you on a personal level and was able to give direction easily during the photos. She takes the time to help building a timeline for the day to make sure we got in all the pictures we wanted. My husband and I are so in love with our wedding photos! I would absolutely hire Michelle again in the future.

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 08/24/2019

A-maz-ing!

We are so glad that we chose to work with Michelle on our wedding day. Her relaxed attitude, flexibility and calm composure was exactly the vibe we needed for our day. Her professionalism is unmatched and her extensive experience was super helpful in navigating all the pre-wedding logistical planning (and we had a LOT of logistics to consider!). There are really no words to describe how happy we are with our photos and wedding album - they are perfect. She had us hooked just days after the wedding with her Instagram teasers and blog post - we couldn't wait to get our hands on all of them, and her turnaround time was even quicker than we expected! She was able to capture all of our special moments (despite some heavy photog restrictions in our church), had a ton of patience with my large family portrait requests (even though I had no patience left!) and got some amazing candids of our guests (even after some of them crashed into her post-limbo on the dance floor). Michelle, again, thank you so much!!

Sent on 01/14/2020

Lauren Wadams · Married on 07/13/2019

Wonderful experience from start to finish

Working with Michelle was great from start to finish. With a tight timeline of 6 months from engaged to married, Michelle was so easy to work with from the very first email.

We used the beautiful Frenchtown landscape around her house for our engagement picture session as a "warm up" to being in front of the camera. Our scheduled day had a sky full of scattered showers but Michelle tracked the weather for us to make sure we had perfect lighting around the rain.

The day of the wedding can be chaotic but Michelle was proficient, using the time prior the the ceremony well to capture all of the classic bridal shower and family pictures, and stayed with us through the entire night to be sure to get those moment in time shots that may have been forgotten if not captured on film. When we first arrived to the venue, out Maitre'd wanted us to run through the ceremony. Michelle knew this would interfere with getting the pictures we specifically asked for on the premises. She really helped to advocate for us to ensure we got every picture we asked for.
    Had we not had her as this support, we would have missed some of our favorite portraits.

After the wedding, she was very prompt to give us a glimpse into our wedding portfolio with beautiful portraits and the blog to keep the excitement going from the wedding! After choosing our favorite photos for our album, Michelle was quick to get everything together for us. My husband and I received our albums, which are absolutely stunning with excellent quality. We could not be happier to have Michelle as our photographer and capture the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Lawrence

Lawrence Foppiano · Married on 07/11/2019

The Best of the Best

My wife and I found Michelle while browsing through other couples photos from our venue. Both being in the creative industry, her more candid, conceptual style and use of lighting,is what really drew us to her work. We got in contact, and set up an initial meeting. After meeting and talking with Michelle, seeing more of her work in person, and discussing our wedding vision and specifics in great detail, we left knowing that she was 100% who we wanted to have shoot our special day.
    Michelle has such a calm, cool vibe about her, that without realizing how long we were there, when we let to go home, we realized 3 hours had passed and it felt like the blink of an eye. The entire experience of us first meeting felt more like we were hanging out with a lifelong friend than a potential vendor for our wedding. Michelle was such a breathe of fresh air after some of the other vendor meetings we had.
    To get our feet wet, and have some time in front of the camera before our wedding day we decided to to an engagement shoot at the college where my wife and I met. It was quite a grey, extremely humid day, but we decided to stick with the plan and keep the shoot for that day.
    You would never know that it wasn't a sunny beautiful day from the photos. They came out absolutely beautiful.
    Between the engagement shoot and the wedding day, we noticed in a lot of reviews from her other couples, people referring to her as a "Ninja". We weren't quite sure what was meant by that at the time, but figured we'd find out. More on that later.
    Jump to the wedding day. Its a beautiful sunny July morning. We're both getting ready with our finest friends and family. We're in the final couple hours before our first look, and the sky turns grey and light rain begins. Michelle saw the weather turning and suggested to move the first look up an hour, which allowed us to get the first look in before heavy rainfall. The heavy rainfall did come during our other photos, but Michelle was completely unaffected by it, and got some of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL shots that we could have ever imagined.
    The pre-wedding shots were over and it was now time for the ceremony.
    In some sort of NINJA fashion, I never once saw Michelle during our ceremony, but again she managed to get so many amazing shots.
    Reception time - Again we never saw her, but she managed to be everywhere, all at once, while capturing the most amazing shots that tell the complete story of our day.
    When we received the photos from the wedding day, I thought the NINJA thing clicked in my head. "Wow how did she manage to get all of this, and I never even saw her". As I'm writing this review, I've realized it goes far beyond being in so many places at once and capturing as many amazing photos as she did.
    As previously mentioned, she's extremely calm. She's extremely focused, prepared, stealthy, agile, and makes precise calculated decisions to make things go far more smoothly than you ever anticipated they would.
    Her albums are Gorgeous. The prints are stunning.
    Look no further. You've landed on the right choice.

Michelle, Seriously thank you so much!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Lilah Sabalones · Married on 05/11/2019

Michelle made all my wedding dreams come true!

I stumbled upon Michelle’s business on Wedding Wire- I was immediately struck by her amazing use of light and how she captured couples’ happiness in pictures that didn’t look uncomfortably staged. Boy am I happy we chose her!! She truly is a ninja photographer! She captured all the important moments at all these incredible angles and I truly have no idea how she was able to do it. Once she sent the pictures - all the happiness I felt that day came flooding back to me and her images still make me cry with pure happiness whenever I see them. She has an incredible gift and I’m just happy she agreed to share it with us that day. With her help, my wedding day was truly one of the best days of my life. You must hire her!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing, Top-Notch Photographer!

Michelle was amazing! Not only are her pictures incredible, she worked with us to create a comprehensive timeline for the day. We were a little apprehensive about trying to fit in everywhere we wanted to get pictures and thanks to Michelle, we were able to squeeze in all the locations we wanted and didn't feel rushed or that we spent our whole day taking pictures. We loved working with Michelle! She is friendly and easygoing, honest and fun to work with. She really did a great job of telling our wedding day's story.

Sent on 02/24/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Haslett · Married on 01/05/2019

Amazing and authentic

Michelle is amazing! She really captures your true story. Her work is so authentic and she takes the time to really get to know her clients. I recommend her highly! All my friends and family constantly keep asking me who my photographer was and wish they had used her.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Christina Karl · Married on 10/21/2018

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!

There are so many positive words to describe Michelle’s photography, but the one that comes to mind first is AMAZING. She really is a photo ninja. Michelle photographed our wedding on October 21st at the Stone House Lodge and the photos are nothing short of amazing. Michelle captured every moment of our special day perfectly. She was so responsive during the whole process and made us feel at ease. If you’re looking for a photographer who cares about her clients and goes above and beyond, then Michelle is it. If we could give Michelle 10 stars we would! Her work is beautiful and we will cherish our photographs forever

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Emma

Emma Falco · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply Amazing!

When choosing a photographer for our wedding day, it was really important to me that we find one who doesn't over edit their photos, and to find someone who doesn't stage every single picture that is taken of you that day. Upon first meeting Michelle, she was so down to earth and it felt like we had been talking to a person we had known for years, not someone who we had just met for the first time. After reviewing her work and seeing her style of photography, we knew she was the perfect photographer for us! When we did our engagement session with Michelle, my husband and I were so nervous - but Michelle had a way of making us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and not silly or like we were being "staged" for special moments. Fast forward to our wedding day this past October, we felt so comfortable and at ease knowing that she was there to work with us. Michelle is able to capture special moments of your wedding day that you didn't even know existed, and I'm so grateful for the moments that she captured on our day. Our entire wedding day went by so fast and was such a blur, but because of Michelle, we are able to look at our beautiful wedding photos and relive one of the best days of our lives. What also makes Michelle so special is that, to be honest by the time the reception is going on - you almost completely forget that she is there taking pictures! That was something else that stood out to me about her style of photography - she isn't in your face the whole night asking you to pose certain ways to get certain photos - she just gets them on her own and is able to capture these incredible moments throughout the ceremony, reception, and even on the dance floor! With all that being said, I would highly recommend Michelle to photograph your special day. Aside from being amazing at what she does, she is quick to respond and is very flexible with your needs. You will not be disappointed - thank you Michelle!!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 04/28/2018

Stop looking, you found the best!

Pictures were incredibly important to my husband and I as we navigated wedding planning, they're one of the few takeaways from this monumental day and after the fact, they give you a glimpse into the many moments you weren't a part of. As we review our pictures, we continue to see all of the stories of our day with the people we love most. Michelle captured our day so spectacularly, each photo beaming with joy, love, and emotion. She is an artist, with an unbelievable understanding of her craft and a style that is so genuine and real. Seamlessly and stealthily Michelle documented our day from place to place without ever getting in the way. Choosing a photographer is an investment, you will not find someone more talented, kind, genuine, and committed than Michelle, she was a pleasure to work with and we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Deanna · Married on 04/27/2018

I fell in love with Michelle’s photography the second I went on her website and it honestly only got better from there. Michelle is extremely professional and personable and really got to understand who we were as a couple. She is very experienced in the wedding industry, so she’s also like a fountain of knowledge. She listened to all of our wants, and was very helpful in guiding us through how a typical wedding day works. It was so helpful to have a better understanding of what to expect. We did our engagement shoot and Michelle was so great at breaking the ice. At this point we’ve never posed for pictures before or been the center of attention for anything, so it was great to get some insight on how it would be on our wedding day. In months leading up to the wedding Michelle was always super responsive and helped us set up a perfect timeline for the day. She was at the venue on time and kept us (me, my husband, all our family, and bridal party) on track. The day goes so fast that when we received our gallery it was like fully witnessing our wedding for the first time and honestly, I wouldn’t have wanted to see it though anyone else’s lens. Michelle is just such an incredible artist with an amazing eye there is no one better to capture this moment in your life. The love, personality, joy, (all of the emotions!!) just pour out of every image and you will be truly lucky to have Michelle with you on your wedding day.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 04/06/2018

From beginning to end we had the BEST experience with Michelle!! Michelle did my cousins wedding and I fell in love with her pictures right then and knew I wanted her to be our wedding photographer some day! Thank you Thank you Thank you for capturing our day so perfectly!! I am beyond happy with our pictures, they are exactly what I had hoped for and trying to pick ones to display in our house is impossible because I want to display them all!!! Just like my cousins wedding, through Michelle's pictures I literally can relive the entire day with how she captured each moment. Working with Michelle really made the wedding planning process a breeze, she was and still is excellent at getting back to me right away with any question I had. On top of that, the day of the wedding was so nice having Michelle there; I really felt like I was working with a friend. Couldn't be happier with everything!!! :) Cannot wait to get our album!!!!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Christine · Married on 03/16/2018

We just received a series of photos from our wedding day and we are speechless. As I scrolled through the photos, my cheeks were simultaneously sore and streaky from the giant smile and happy tears that I had plastered on my face the entire time. Michelle BRILLIANTLY captured our day. It’s as if I can not only relive my visual memories of the day, but more importantly, all of the emotions I felt during each part of our entire wedding day. You simply cannot say that about every photographer. She prides herself on capturing the moments that characterize your experience, so to describe her solely as photographer doesn’t do her justice. She is a storyteller. She gets to know your personality and your vibe almost immediately. She needed no direction; her expertise took her exactly where she needed to go on our wedding day and we truly couldn’t be happier with the memories that she magically bottled up for us, aesthetics and emotions alike. And of course I must mention, the quality and artistry of her pictures are flawless. It’s really not a matter of whether or not to book her as your photographer. It’s whether or not you have the privilege of her joining you on your day so you can experience it again and again for the rest of your life. If you want the complete picture of your day that goes beyond the “getting ready, the ceremony, and the party”; if you want your relationship, your family’s bond, and your happiness to be captured; if you want the silly, the sassy, the perfection and imperfection to come through, then look no further. Michelle is your girl.

Sent on 04/06/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I got married in October. We were so lucky Michelle was still available for our date during the most in-demand season. I was drawn to her upfront honesty. We had a few "ideal scenarios" in our heads...sunset ceremony, no first look, etc., and Michelle set us straight. She told us how difficult that would all be given the lighting during that time of day but assured us that doing a first look would not detract from the already emotional day, providing many personal accounts. This is not to say that Michelle was unaccommodating- she was anything but- and everything we wanted was taken care of and addressed. NO other photographer took our concerns seriously, and that made me want to book Michelle immediately before someone else did!
    Leading up, Michelle was in constant contact and was extremely responsive, answering any questions about photography or weddings in general. On the day of, Michelle showed up on time and immediately set up and got to work. They don't call her the Wedding Ninja for no reason- she was almost undetectable but captured the most emotional and candid moments and expressions. At weddings, I find multiple photographers a distraction, taking posed/ forced pictures or pushing the guests out of the way to capture only the bride & groom. Our wedding was the exact opposite. Michelle got 100s of pictures by herself and with one assistant and it was not distracting at all. (FYI- Michelle will get all your posed pictures in if that's what you want though...super flexible and fast!)
    When we got our photos, we were amazed. Every single one was GORGEOUS. The photos did take a little time to come back, but it was 100% worth the wait.
    I could probably go on and write about a billion more wonderful things about Michelle- personality, her work, her professionalism- but the bottom line is, GO WITH MICHELLE!! You will not regret it and your special day will be made even more special by having her as your photographer.

Sent on 02/09/2018

Heidi · Married on 10/20/2017

My now-husband and I chose Michelle to shoot our engagement and wedding photos. From the very beginning of the process, Michelle was professional, kind, funny and real. Although we'd never had professional photos taken before, Michelle coached us through some poses and our photos turned out better than we could have imagined. The best part about Michelle's style is that she focuses on candid moments. You will have your standard bridal party/getting ready photos, but you'll also have beautiful artistic evidence of real, raw moments that happened during your special day ... moments that went by in the blink of an eye but that you can relive now. I would recommend Michelle in a heartbeat - she might not be the cheapest photographer available but she is absolutely worth every penny. As my husband says, Michelle delivers "photographic witchcraft and wizardry."

Sent on 12/27/2017
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 10/20/2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE Michelle's work! Her photos are seriously more beautiful than real life itself. From the beginning of the process until the end, Michelle was professional, kind and funny. If you prefer capturing real, raw moments and value high quality, artistic style photos, Michelle is where it's at. Her photos pop just the right amount, in just the right way. She was worth absolutely every penny.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Christine · Married on 10/14/2017

Michelle was the best and most amazing vendor we had for our wedding. From the moment we met her, she was professional, flexible, friendly, and responded to all of our questions and concerns. I can’t say enough about how gorgeous her photographs are. She was EXACTLY what we were looking for, and we are so grateful we found her!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Shana · Married on 09/30/2017

Michelle did such a great job as the photographer for our engagement session and our wedding! She is very knowledgable about how a wedding day flows and she was able to create a photography schedule for the wedding day that worked very well. She is also very patient, kind, responsive, and down to earth! A pleasure to work with:). I highly recommend Michelle Arlotta Photography to any couple planning their wedding or anyone who is need of an exceptional photographer.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2017

Michelle is absolutely fantastic. I spoke with and interviewed a number of photographers for our wedding but I knew right away after our conversation that she was right for us. She was extremely responsive, professional, and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process and helped guide us through all aspects of the wedding, not just the photography part. She is one of the warmest and friendliest people I have ever met.

We did our engagement session as well as our wedding photos with Michelle. We met and live in NYC and we really wanted our engagement photos to represent our relationship in the city and they did not disappoint. Michelle met us in the city (after we had to reschedule, she was extremely accommodating) and did a amazing job of capturing exactly what we were looking for and had discussed with her.

On our wedding day, Michelle arrived early and stayed to the very end (an hour longer than scheduled). The description of “Ninja” is 100% appropriate not only in her ability to take difficult shots but also in her ability to capture extremely personal and emotional moments without anyone even knowing she was there. She not only took beautiful photos but truly captured the emotion and joy of the day. We really enjoyed working with Michelle and cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Megan · Married on 06/16/2017

I tell everyone I know if I had to pick one of my vendors that I would recommend it would be hands down Michelle. She was a photographer and a friend. My now husband hates ..hates..pictures and she made it painless. Came to her with all types of wedding questions and she was always a help! I don't want it to be over cause I already miss her! Worth every penny! We love Michelle !

Sent on 06/29/2017

Casey · Married on 05/06/2017

We contacted Michelle on a hopeful whim - wanting desperately to work with her. She was quick to respond, was thoroughly knowledgeable, and helped us make our dream of hiring her a reality. She invited us to her home to plan and as the wedding date came closer, my wife and I realized how much we appreciated that organization. Michelle kept in contact with us in the lead up to our wedding to check in and make sure all the details were set.

The day of, she was prompt and professional. She put everyone involved in our ceremony at ease and captured some amazingly beautiful shots. She had a wonderful eye for light and composition that comes through in all our photos. Michelle managed to capture some of the most special moments of our wedding and we're so grateful that we had the opportunity to work with her.

Sent on 08/28/2017

JoAnn & Brian · Married on 04/20/2017

We had the honor of Michelle at our wedding and she was simply brilliant. Professional, friendly, efficient, and most importantly the most incredible photographs!! Her energy, style and use of gorgeous color and tones truly set her apart from the rest. She is clearly passionate about what she does. The photos tell a story and bring back every feeling from our wedding day. Michelle is an excellent photographer and artist, and we are so fortunate to have the memories she captured - we will treasure them forever!! We could not have wished for a better photographer! Thank you, Michelle!!!

Sent on 03/08/2018