Michelle Arlotta Photography Reviews

Michelle Arlotta Photography 7
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing, Top-Notch Photographer!

Michelle was amazing! Not only are her pictures incredible, she worked with us to create a comprehensive timeline for the day. We were a little apprehensive about trying to fit in everywhere we wanted to get pictures and thanks to Michelle, we were able to squeeze in all the locations we wanted and didn't feel rushed or that we spent our whole day taking pictures. We loved working with Michelle! She is friendly and easygoing, honest and fun to work with. She really did a great job of telling our wedding day's story.

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Michelle Arlotta Photography 8
  • Nicole

Nicole Haslett · Married on 01/05/2019

Amazing and authentic

Michelle is amazing! She really captures your true story. Her work is so authentic and she takes the time to really get to know her clients. I recommend her highly! All my friends and family constantly keep asking me who my photographer was and wish they had used her.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Christina Karl · Married on 10/21/2018

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!

There are so many positive words to describe Michelle’s photography, but the one that comes to mind first is AMAZING. She really is a photo ninja. Michelle photographed our wedding on October 21st at the Stone House Lodge and the photos are nothing short of amazing. Michelle captured every moment of our special day perfectly. She was so responsive during the whole process and made us feel at ease. If you’re looking for a photographer who cares about her clients and goes above and beyond, then Michelle is it. If we could give Michelle 10 stars we would! Her work is beautiful and we will cherish our photographs forever

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Emma

Emma Falco · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply Amazing!

When choosing a photographer for our wedding day, it was really important to me that we find one who doesn't over edit their photos, and to find someone who doesn't stage every single picture that is taken of you that day. Upon first meeting Michelle, she was so down to earth and it felt like we had been talking to a person we had known for years, not someone who we had just met for the first time. After reviewing her work and seeing her style of photography, we knew she was the perfect photographer for us! When we did our engagement session with Michelle, my husband and I were so nervous - but Michelle had a way of making us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and not silly or like we were being "staged" for special moments. Fast forward to our wedding day this past October, we felt so comfortable and at ease knowing that she was there to work with us. Michelle is able to capture special moments of your wedding day that you didn't even know existed, and I'm so grateful for the moments that she captured on our day. Our entire wedding day went by so fast and was such a blur, but because of Michelle, we are able to look at our beautiful wedding photos and relive one of the best days of our lives. What also makes Michelle so special is that, to be honest by the time the reception is going on - you almost completely forget that she is there taking pictures! That was something else that stood out to me about her style of photography - she isn't in your face the whole night asking you to pose certain ways to get certain photos - she just gets them on her own and is able to capture these incredible moments throughout the ceremony, reception, and even on the dance floor! With all that being said, I would highly recommend Michelle to photograph your special day. Aside from being amazing at what she does, she is quick to respond and is very flexible with your needs. You will not be disappointed - thank you Michelle!!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 04/28/2018

Stop looking, you found the best!

Pictures were incredibly important to my husband and I as we navigated wedding planning, they're one of the few takeaways from this monumental day and after the fact, they give you a glimpse into the many moments you weren't a part of. As we review our pictures, we continue to see all of the stories of our day with the people we love most. Michelle captured our day so spectacularly, each photo beaming with joy, love, and emotion. She is an artist, with an unbelievable understanding of her craft and a style that is so genuine and real. Seamlessly and stealthily Michelle documented our day from place to place without ever getting in the way. Choosing a photographer is an investment, you will not find someone more talented, kind, genuine, and committed than Michelle, she was a pleasure to work with and we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Deanna · Married on 04/27/2018

I fell in love with Michelle’s photography the second I went on her website and it honestly only got better from there. Michelle is extremely professional and personable and really got to understand who we were as a couple. She is very experienced in the wedding industry, so she’s also like a fountain of knowledge. She listened to all of our wants, and was very helpful in guiding us through how a typical wedding day works. It was so helpful to have a better understanding of what to expect. We did our engagement shoot and Michelle was so great at breaking the ice. At this point we’ve never posed for pictures before or been the center of attention for anything, so it was great to get some insight on how it would be on our wedding day. In months leading up to the wedding Michelle was always super responsive and helped us set up a perfect timeline for the day. She was at the venue on time and kept us (me, my husband, all our family, and bridal party) on track. The day goes so fast that when we received our gallery it was like fully witnessing our wedding for the first time and honestly, I wouldn’t have wanted to see it though anyone else’s lens. Michelle is just such an incredible artist with an amazing eye there is no one better to capture this moment in your life. The love, personality, joy, (all of the emotions!!) just pour out of every image and you will be truly lucky to have Michelle with you on your wedding day.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 04/06/2018

From beginning to end we had the BEST experience with Michelle!! Michelle did my cousins wedding and I fell in love with her pictures right then and knew I wanted her to be our wedding photographer some day! Thank you Thank you Thank you for capturing our day so perfectly!! I am beyond happy with our pictures, they are exactly what I had hoped for and trying to pick ones to display in our house is impossible because I want to display them all!!! Just like my cousins wedding, through Michelle's pictures I literally can relive the entire day with how she captured each moment. Working with Michelle really made the wedding planning process a breeze, she was and still is excellent at getting back to me right away with any question I had. On top of that, the day of the wedding was so nice having Michelle there; I really felt like I was working with a friend. Couldn't be happier with everything!!! :) Cannot wait to get our album!!!!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Christine · Married on 03/16/2018

We just received a series of photos from our wedding day and we are speechless. As I scrolled through the photos, my cheeks were simultaneously sore and streaky from the giant smile and happy tears that I had plastered on my face the entire time. Michelle BRILLIANTLY captured our day. It’s as if I can not only relive my visual memories of the day, but more importantly, all of the emotions I felt during each part of our entire wedding day. You simply cannot say that about every photographer. She prides herself on capturing the moments that characterize your experience, so to describe her solely as photographer doesn’t do her justice. She is a storyteller. She gets to know your personality and your vibe almost immediately. She needed no direction; her expertise took her exactly where she needed to go on our wedding day and we truly couldn’t be happier with the memories that she magically bottled up for us, aesthetics and emotions alike. And of course I must mention, the quality and artistry of her pictures are flawless. It’s really not a matter of whether or not to book her as your photographer. It’s whether or not you have the privilege of her joining you on your day so you can experience it again and again for the rest of your life. If you want the complete picture of your day that goes beyond the “getting ready, the ceremony, and the party”; if you want your relationship, your family’s bond, and your happiness to be captured; if you want the silly, the sassy, the perfection and imperfection to come through, then look no further. Michelle is your girl.

Sent on 04/06/2018
    Michelle Arlotta Photography 16
    Michelle Arlotta Photography 17
    Michelle Arlotta Photography 18

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I got married in October. We were so lucky Michelle was still available for our date during the most in-demand season. I was drawn to her upfront honesty. We had a few "ideal scenarios" in our heads...sunset ceremony, no first look, etc., and Michelle set us straight. She told us how difficult that would all be given the lighting during that time of day but assured us that doing a first look would not detract from the already emotional day, providing many personal accounts. This is not to say that Michelle was unaccommodating- she was anything but- and everything we wanted was taken care of and addressed. NO other photographer took our concerns seriously, and that made me want to book Michelle immediately before someone else did!
    Leading up, Michelle was in constant contact and was extremely responsive, answering any questions about photography or weddings in general. On the day of, Michelle showed up on time and immediately set up and got to work. They don't call her the Wedding Ninja for no reason- she was almost undetectable but captured the most emotional and candid moments and expressions. At weddings, I find multiple photographers a distraction, taking posed/ forced pictures or pushing the guests out of the way to capture only the bride & groom. Our wedding was the exact opposite. Michelle got 100s of pictures by herself and with one assistant and it was not distracting at all. (FYI- Michelle will get all your posed pictures in if that's what you want though...super flexible and fast!)
    When we got our photos, we were amazed. Every single one was GORGEOUS. The photos did take a little time to come back, but it was 100% worth the wait.
    I could probably go on and write about a billion more wonderful things about Michelle- personality, her work, her professionalism- but the bottom line is, GO WITH MICHELLE!! You will not regret it and your special day will be made even more special by having her as your photographer.

Sent on 02/09/2018

Heidi · Married on 10/20/2017

My now-husband and I chose Michelle to shoot our engagement and wedding photos. From the very beginning of the process, Michelle was professional, kind, funny and real. Although we'd never had professional photos taken before, Michelle coached us through some poses and our photos turned out better than we could have imagined. The best part about Michelle's style is that she focuses on candid moments. You will have your standard bridal party/getting ready photos, but you'll also have beautiful artistic evidence of real, raw moments that happened during your special day ... moments that went by in the blink of an eye but that you can relive now. I would recommend Michelle in a heartbeat - she might not be the cheapest photographer available but she is absolutely worth every penny. As my husband says, Michelle delivers "photographic witchcraft and wizardry."

Sent on 12/27/2017
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 10/20/2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE Michelle's work! Her photos are seriously more beautiful than real life itself. From the beginning of the process until the end, Michelle was professional, kind and funny. If you prefer capturing real, raw moments and value high quality, artistic style photos, Michelle is where it's at. Her photos pop just the right amount, in just the right way. She was worth absolutely every penny.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Christine · Married on 10/14/2017

Michelle was the best and most amazing vendor we had for our wedding. From the moment we met her, she was professional, flexible, friendly, and responded to all of our questions and concerns. I can’t say enough about how gorgeous her photographs are. She was EXACTLY what we were looking for, and we are so grateful we found her!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Shana · Married on 09/30/2017

Michelle did such a great job as the photographer for our engagement session and our wedding! She is very knowledgable about how a wedding day flows and she was able to create a photography schedule for the wedding day that worked very well. She is also very patient, kind, responsive, and down to earth! A pleasure to work with:). I highly recommend Michelle Arlotta Photography to any couple planning their wedding or anyone who is need of an exceptional photographer.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2017

Michelle is absolutely fantastic. I spoke with and interviewed a number of photographers for our wedding but I knew right away after our conversation that she was right for us. She was extremely responsive, professional, and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process and helped guide us through all aspects of the wedding, not just the photography part. She is one of the warmest and friendliest people I have ever met.

We did our engagement session as well as our wedding photos with Michelle. We met and live in NYC and we really wanted our engagement photos to represent our relationship in the city and they did not disappoint. Michelle met us in the city (after we had to reschedule, she was extremely accommodating) and did a amazing job of capturing exactly what we were looking for and had discussed with her.

On our wedding day, Michelle arrived early and stayed to the very end (an hour longer than scheduled). The description of “Ninja” is 100% appropriate not only in her ability to take difficult shots but also in her ability to capture extremely personal and emotional moments without anyone even knowing she was there. She not only took beautiful photos but truly captured the emotion and joy of the day. We really enjoyed working with Michelle and cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Megan · Married on 06/16/2017

I tell everyone I know if I had to pick one of my vendors that I would recommend it would be hands down Michelle. She was a photographer and a friend. My now husband hates ..hates..pictures and she made it painless. Came to her with all types of wedding questions and she was always a help! I don't want it to be over cause I already miss her! Worth every penny! We love Michelle !

Sent on 06/29/2017

Casey · Married on 05/06/2017

We contacted Michelle on a hopeful whim - wanting desperately to work with her. She was quick to respond, was thoroughly knowledgeable, and helped us make our dream of hiring her a reality. She invited us to her home to plan and as the wedding date came closer, my wife and I realized how much we appreciated that organization. Michelle kept in contact with us in the lead up to our wedding to check in and make sure all the details were set.

The day of, she was prompt and professional. She put everyone involved in our ceremony at ease and captured some amazingly beautiful shots. She had a wonderful eye for light and composition that comes through in all our photos. Michelle managed to capture some of the most special moments of our wedding and we're so grateful that we had the opportunity to work with her.

Sent on 08/28/2017

JoAnn & Brian · Married on 04/20/2017

We had the honor of Michelle at our wedding and she was simply brilliant. Professional, friendly, efficient, and most importantly the most incredible photographs!! Her energy, style and use of gorgeous color and tones truly set her apart from the rest. She is clearly passionate about what she does. The photos tell a story and bring back every feeling from our wedding day. Michelle is an excellent photographer and artist, and we are so fortunate to have the memories she captured - we will treasure them forever!! We could not have wished for a better photographer! Thank you, Michelle!!!

Sent on 03/08/2018

Allie · Married on 11/05/2016

Michelle was an absolute dream to work with and the pictures she took were gorgeous. I loved working with Michelle because she knew exactly what to do, provided guidance along the way and she has a great attitude. Wedding days can be stressful but when working with Michelle you can be positive everything will turn out gorgeous, like magically gorgeous. When she's working through the pictures she puts together a beautiful thoughtful blog that is perfect for sharing with everyone. It really took the work away from me deciding what to post on social media.

Sent on 02/25/2017

Lia · Married on 10/30/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Michelle. We hired her for our October 2016 wedding and could not be happier with her work. As a person, Michelle is warm, down-to-earth, and easy to work with. She is a great calming presence to have around on a stressful wedding day! When I first saw her photos, I knew I had to hire her for my wedding. I love candids and am not a huge fan of posed pictures, and she is truly a master of beautiful candid shots. She has an amazing ability to capture the feel and energy of each moment. We are so happy with our proofs (no album yet - we are slackers). The box of proofs itself was even personalized with a picture of me and my husband and our names on the spine (the box can sit upright on a bookshelf). Michelle's prices might seem a bit high, but I knew hers was the unique style I was looking for and we absolutely got what we paid for. Family and friends have raved about the quality of the photos as well. Some commented that they look like magazine ads. I highly recommend Michelle for any event!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2016

Michelle provided us with exceptional service on the day of our wedding. She has such a great personality that makes you feel relaxed and yourself when taking pictures. Michelle took beautiful pictures and truly captured the night amazingly. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend Michelle Arlotta for your next event!! :)

Sent on 12/07/2016
  • X

Xenia · Married on 09/18/2016

The biggest advice all my married friends told me when we got engaged was to get an amazing photographer because your wedding day flies by, and the memories are all you have to relive it. When my bridesmaid recommended Michelle Arlotta, I automatically fell in love with her website and photos. Her style is so candid, and I love how the colors pop in her photos. She truly captures your emotions, not just smiles and poses for the camera. After my fiance and I met her, we both looked at each other and said that's our photographer, time to stop hunting. Yes, she may cost a little more than other photographers, but I really believe you get what you pay for. You can tell she is confident in her abilities, and it makes you feel confident that she'll do a great job. We recently had our engagement photos done with her, and we legitimately look like models! She did such an incredible job capturing our love and personalities. I can't say any more great things about her! Can't wait to see what she does on our wedding day! Piece of advice: because she's the best, she books up very quickly so contact her early!! You won't regret it :)
    Update: She did an AMAZING job on our wedding photos! We had a long & busy day, and she was great at keeping to our time schedule without making us feel rushed. The candid photos from the reception of everyone dancing are the best - so funny! Can't wait to use Michelle for all our photo needs in the future :)

Sent on 11/12/2015

Allison · Married on 09/17/2016

We’re so happy we had Michelle as our photographer for both our engagement pictures and our wedding. From the very beginning, she was easy to work with and very flexible with scheduling. She was always making us feel comfortable during the photo sessions, and she somehow captured the absolute best moments from our wedding day. Not only was Michelle so fun to work with, but the pictures came out AMAZING! We couldn’t be happier with how everything worked out and would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Lindsey · Married on 07/08/2016

We found Michelle Arlotta online while searching for photographers who had already photographed our venue, Perona Farms. Upon finding her website, we fell instantly in love. Michelle is incredibly talented, but what she does so perfectly is that she can capture not just what happened, but the joy and emotion behind every picture. You can literally feel her work, and since we didn't want a videographer, we really felt that she could give us pictures that would tell the whole story of the day as though it were on film. While she is wonderful at shooting posed pictures, the reason we happily chose her was how she could shoot spontaneous action moments throughout the day. Not only did she make us look good (and she absolutely did), but she caught those beautiful moments of true love in our faces and the faces of our friends and family as the celebration went on around us. She exceeded every expectation we had and we couldn't be happier - now we are just so excited to get our pictures and our album in the coming months! Remember - the flowers will wilt, you will never wear the dress again, but pictures are the memories of your special day that will last forever. You get what you pay for and Michelle is really worth every single penny. Plus she is the most calming presence if the day gets stressful, which was so helpful when things got crazy. We cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Mary · Married on 06/25/2016

Having followed Michelle's blog for quite some time, we had already fallen in love with her style of photography. And then upon meeting her, we fell in love with her personality as well! Michelle is a warm and welcoming person with a passionate spirit and a true love of her craft. Throughout the planning process, she was understanding, flexible, patient, and professional. Michelle has a wealth of experience that has given her a unique perspective and insight into all things weddings and she is more than willing to lend suggestions regarding all aspects of your wedding, not just the photography. Michelle helped us figure out a timeline for the day of our wedding, organize and determine a necessary shot list, and helped keep everything moving smoothly. With an extremely large family and a guest list of 250+ Michelle remained cool and calm throughout the craziness, which helped us to remain cool and calm and just enjoy our big day. We have received nothing but fabulous feedback from our family and friends! To quote my grandma (who may I add carried around a disposable camera, haha) "Michelle really earned your paycheck" - she cannot not stop talking about how many pictures Michelle took, how she managed to be everywhere all at once, and how she never stopped moving - needless to she was very impressed. I could go on and on!! We are so appreciative of Michelle's guidance, patience, dedication, and energy. It was a delight to have her as part of our special day and we cannot give a high enough recommendation. Simply put, if you are looking for the best, Michelle is it.

Sent on 09/01/2016

We could not have asked for a more thoughtful, brilliant, hard-working photographer to capture our wedding day! Michelle truly stands out in this industry. She spends time getting to know her clients and their visions, and she works diligently to build a connection that is hard to come by these days...and it shows up in her results!! Michelle's work is fantastic! We thought we were amazed by the images on her blog until she sent us our entire album, and the moments she captured just blew us away! We feel incredibly lucky to have had her as our wedding photographer and are so grateful for the beautiful memories she so brilliantly captured! If you have any chance of having Michelle photograph you and your loved ones, seize the opportunity!! Call right away, and find a date that works for both your venue and Michelle -- you will be SO happy to coordinate with Michelle throughout your engagement and you will fall.in.love with her photographs!

Sent on 08/29/2016